A Chef Nurse Patient and Pâtissier

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jade slid into Dillon's arms, and kissed him. "Thank you. It was my idea to push in. Don't blame Mark, for that one."

"It was pretty dumb, Jade. Those people had been waiting there for nearly twenty minutes."

"Yeah, I realised that after. I did say sorry."

He jumped back inside, and started to work on their meals, as more customers arrived.

"Wow, you're really busy today babe." Jade, said in amazement.

"It's been like that recently. I can't keep up. I've been thinking about taking on an assistant."

"If it's like this every day then yeah. You bloody need one."

"Man, you got a good thing going on here." Mark called out.

"Yeah, it's been a sweet deal for me. Well for us really."

"No doubt, my man. No doubt."

Jade had hoped for a little more conversation, but seeing how busy Dillon was. It clearly wasn't happening. Once Dillon, handed over their food. She tried to pay him, but he waved her away. "My shout."

"Thanks Dude." Mark responded.

They moved over towards the grassed area leading down to the beach. Dillon watched them laughing and joking. Then later when they were finished. They played Frisbee on the grass.

Mark wheeled around like an expert, as they tossed the Frisbee back and forth. It wasn't just his dexterity with the wheelchair. His balance was good, and he had strength in his arms. No way did he need a carer.

They came back to the van once the line of customers had vanished. "Dude, my man. That food. Fuck mate. That was amazing. No wonder you got mile long qeues of customers."

Jade slipped into his arms. "Yeah, that was as good as always. You're killing it."

That night, it was late when Dillon got home. Jade had just walked out of the shower when he walked in. She rushed him. Leaping happily into his arms, and instantly, they were both saturated.

There was no escaping her passion. She ripped and tore at his clothes as she pushed him backwards into the bedroom.

Their lovemaking was fierce, and full of intensity. Afterwards, they lay panting for breath. "Wow, god that was sensational." She gasped.

"Yeah, I should get home late every night."

As they cooled, he couldn't hold back any longer. "What's going on, Jade?"

She turned to gaze into his eyes, the bliss she felt slowly eroding. "Whatya mean?"

"What's going on with, Mark? He obviously doesn't need a carer. I watched you both playing Frisbee. He's got that chair nailed, and he's definitely off the suicide list. I heard him laughing and whooping it up. So, you tell me. What is going on?"

"Dillon, what the hell dude. He was having a good day. He isn't always like that. Sometimes, he's really dark and depressed. He still needs care."

"Didn't look like it to me. Are his parents even looking?"

She grimaced. "Okay, no they aren't. They talked to me, and asked if I could hang around a few more months. They didn't see the point in starting with a new carer. You're right. He won't need care much longer."

"Doesn't look like he needs it now." Dillon, complained, bitterness overriding his intent to remain calm.

She saw the apparent anger, and definite resentment etched into his handsome features. "Oh my god. Are you jealous, Dillon?"

"No, but I am getting a little pissed."

"Why, I don't understand? I'm getting paid, and I don't have to live in. We get every night at home together. What does it matter?"

"It matters because, you always took such pride in helping those who obviously needed your help. He doesn't."

"That's not true, babe. He is still in a fragile state of mind." She saw the hostility and decided to try and take the edge from it. "Come on babe, lets not fight. I don't want to ruin a great evening."

*****

"Why is there a guitar on your bed Mark?" Jade asked, as she helped him do some tidying up.

"I've been trying to get back into it. I was playing in a band for a while. I love music."

"No way." She gasped. "Do you sing?"

He nodded, "Yeah, and I write my own songs as well."

She picked up the guitar and handed it to him. "You're not getting away with that. I need to hear them now." When he looked hesitant. She giggled. "Come on, I want to hear something at least."

Nervously, he tuned the guitar, glancing anxiously as she sat on the bed waiting expectantly.

He picked gently on the strings, the sweet tones of the Guild guitar floating melodiously in the air. The song becoming slowly obvious, and Jade's, giggles stopped. Listening intently she began to appreciate his very obvious talent.

The words came hesitantly at first, but as he saw the look of enjoyment on Jade's face. His confidences soared, and he let his voice rise with it.

The words were new, talking to his struggles with the dark forces of depression.

The emotion in his voice wasn't lost on Jade. A little tear formed in the corner of her eye.

As he put the guitar aside, Jade leapt from the bed, and encircled him in an embrace so tight, he gasped in shock. "Mark, that's truly amazing. Bloody hell, the words, they're beautiful. People need to hear that."

He laughed. "Don't be daft. Nobody wants to hear that shit. They want to hear about love, and happiness. Not that morose shit."

"No, no, no. That is stunning, so truthful, people are into that. Songs with a story, words that mean something. Honestly, Mark. You need to get it out there somehow."

For the rest of the day, Jade listened as Mark serenaded her with his songs. He had so many, the more recent ones all talking to his struggles.

That night at home, she wanted so badly to tell Dillon but she could tell, he wasn't in the mood. It saddened her, that she couldn't tell him something that meant so much to her.

He did ask about her day, and showed some interest. But, every time she mentioned Mark's name, he switched off. She could see it in his eyes. He got that vacant, not interested look, and he just closed off.

She worked on Mark every day and after a couple of days of pleading. He finally surrendered. He let her record him playing on her phone. It was actually a reasonable recording.

Jade was so convinced people would love it. She sent it in to the local radio stations begging for them to play it.

It didn't get actual air time, but the stations all posted it on their social media sites, and the likes clicked over in their thousands.

Whether it was because of his handicap or not. It didn't matter, the likes grew phenomenally quickly.

It wasn't just the likes, it was the comments. They came thick and fast. "Why don't we hear this on the playlists?"

It didn't take long, the stations picked up on what a great story it would make. Regardless of it's poor quality, they played the song, and the response was immediate. Their phones lit up with listeners all wanting to know more about the singer.

Mark, was astounded when Jade, told him. "They want more. They're part of that media conglomerate. The evening news are sending a film crew around tomorrow to do an interview. I'm telling you, Mark. This is going to be big."

Jade was so excited, she just couldn't go home to an empty house. She was hungry as well. She drove straight down to the food van. "Hey babe, I'm starving, any chance of a little chicken, and some salad?"

"Coming right up." He replied. The crowd was still coming, so it meant there was no intimate conversation. Jade could see he was busy, so climbed up into the van to give him a hand. She noticed, the radio station was on Windy, not Ninety seven point one. As she worked, she turned the dial to windy, wondering if there was still any interest in Marks, song.

That turned out to be the wrong thing to do. Dillon reached past her and dialled back to windy. "I'm not listening to that crap. The customers hate it as well. Leave it on ninety seven, please."

Irritated, she sulked, as she helped with the food prep. When hers was ready, she walked outside, to sit with a couple of customers she recognised. "God, why did Dillon, have to be so hard arsed about that. She hadn't said anything about Mark."

When she finished, her mild animosity had grown into hostility. Normally seeing how busy he was. She would have stayed to help. Tonight though, she gave him a quick kiss and said. "I've got a headache. I might go home if that's okay?"

He accepted her kiss, and gave her a quick hug. "No worries babe. Get home, have a soak in the tub, and have an early night."

That annoyed Jade even more. "Didn't he recognise her anguish?"

She was indeed tucked up in bed with the lights out. When he got home.

*****

What a day it turned out to be. The news crew arrived early, and both Mark, and Jade, were put into hair and makeup, before they were interviewed. They filmed Mark performing a couple of songs, and there was discussion on getting him into the studio for the evening news slot the following day.

All day, Mark, and Jade were on a high. It had been such an amazing turn around. Mark kept thanking Jade they hugged, and there was even a brief kiss.

It was a surprise for Jade as well. She'd hoped it might give Mark a lift to hear or see his song. This was totally unexpected. But seeing the elation on Marks face made it totally worth it. The elation didn't just sit with Mark though. She felt it as well. Seeing him in such a happy mood gave her a lift.

She couldn't wait to tell Dillon. When she got to the food van, she could see the line disappearing into the darkness. Shit, he was rushed off his feet again.

She was dying to tell him, but the customers kept coming, and they were both busy trying to keep up. There just didn't seem like a good time to tell him.

It was when he climbed into bed, she finally got to share her news. "You'll never guess who's going to be on the evening news tomorrow night?"

Dillon shrugged, not knowing where it was going.

"Me, and, Mark." Jade gushed.

"What, why?"

"Turns out, Marks, a really talented singer songwriter. I recorded him playing one of his songs, and sent it into the radio station. They got interested and sent out a film crew today. They did an interview with Mark, and even I got on as well."

"There you go. He obviously doesn't need a carer."

Stunned, Jade sat up in bed staring at him in disbelief. "I tell you some incredible news, like I just got on TV, and that's what you take from that. I can't believe you could be so cold."

He sat up beside her, so he could look her in the eye. "Jade, I'm not interested in anything Mark, does. I don't like him. I'm pissed off that you're still hanging around with him. It's obviously not because he needs care. So, I have to wonder why?"

"Oh my god. You are jealous. Jesus Christ Dillon. They guys lost the use of his legs, and he needed help. He was a friend at school, so yeah. I wanted to help."

"I accept that jade, but his time of need is over. He doesn't need you any longer. Excuse me if I'm a little upset. I had a shit of a day. I was run off my feet all bloody day. I get home to this shit."

She flopped down, and rolled away from him pulling the blankets high around her neck.

Dillon seeing her reaction, did likewise. There was going to be no intimacy.

The next night, Jade stayed late at Marks, place so they could watch the evening news. His interview and song performance played late in the program, in the human interest segment. It was a little unfair, they focused mainly on his disability, but even so. He was on TV, and the little clip of Jade, gave her a rush of excitement.

They sat on the sofa side by side like happy go lucky teenagers. They held hands, she got a real rush from seeing herself on the huge screen.

At the end, she wrapped Mark in a tight embrace, and kissed him. It started off as a friendly kiss, a realisation of happiness.

Mark, though, was alive, and aroused. He held her tight, and his tongue slithered into her open mouth. Jade for her part was surprised, but she was also on a high. She gave herself freely to the kiss Enjoyed the feel of his hands roaming her body.

It was a moment of clarity though. She jumped up, her hand coming up to cover her face. "Oh god, Mark. I'm so sorry. Shit, I shouldn't have done that."

He looked crestfallen. Clearly he was aroused, his breath coming in short gasps. "Don't apologise, Jade."

"No, I shouldn't have done that. I'm married. Shit what a dumb thing to do. What will Dillon, say."

"Nothing!" Mark, barked. "For gods sake. Don't tell him. You said he was pissed about you still helping me. If you say something. He won't let you come back."

Jade, sighed heavily. He wasn't wrong that's for sure. "I can't lie to, Dillon. I could never do that."

"Don't lie, nobody's asking you to. Just don't tell him."

She looked completely unsure as she walked out the door. "What have I done." She admonished herself, as she opened her car door. "He'll be devastated."

The drive home was slow, she went over the events of the night. She had been so excited seeing the interview, and seeing the obvious interest in Marks songs. That could be the impetus he needed to really move into the light. He had been so dismissive of working for his father.

Not because there was grief between them, it was just not how he wanted to spend the rest of his life. Locked in a tiny office managing other peoples business.

In some ways he was so envious of Dillon. Not just because he had Jade but he was in charge of his life.

The evening had been so wonderful up until that blasted kiss. Why did you do it? She yelled into the night.

The reason was apparent, even to her. She had feelings for him, they had built up slowly as they spent time together. He was such a nice person, and his personality, when he allowed it to shine was warm and inviting. They had been flirting a lot recently, and when she thought about it, every day it got a little more daring, more intimate.

"What am I going to say?"

Dillon was already home, when she walked in at home. She expected him to be angry, seeing as how she was so late. She found him in the bedroom, having just walked out of the shower.

He whistled, as he rubbed himself down with a towel. The moment he saw her standing in the door, he smiled. "Hey, Jade. Why so late?"

She winced, expecting the fight to start. "Yeah, I stayed to watch the news clip and interview on TV."

"Oh yeah right. I forgot about that."

"You're home early, how'd you manage that?"

"Ah, well my new assistant started today. Amazing how much easier it is to tidy up and finish, when you have help."

She grimaced, the guilt washing over her. "I was going to come and help. We just watched the news thing, and talked a bit."

He nodded, his smile amiable, no hint of the anger from the previous night. "No worries, I never expected you to come and help. You do a full days work as well."

"I know you don't expect it, but I love coming to help out. It makes me feel like I'm doing something."

"Nah, you should just come home and chill. I know it's mentally challenging dealing with people like Mark. It's not all about the physical aspect, I see how tired you are sometimes. He gave her one of his killer smiles, and she rushed into his arms. "God I love you."

With his hand under her chin, he lifted her head so they could kiss. A long slow lingering kiss. One of those ones that starts as tender and loving but grows. The temperature rose rapidly, and the bed sunk under the pressure of the two as they fell backwards onto the soft downy warmth of the fluffy duvet.

Their lovemaking was torrid, and full of emotion. Jade wrapped Dillon in the cocoon of her body, she moved in unison with him. Their bodies giving up everything. She met his ardent thrusts with one of her own. The slap of flesh colliding filled their ears, their souls united.

As they lay together, and regathered their senses. Dillon said. "You know, I was about to cook you something for dinner. When you didn't come down to the van, I figured you must be hungry."

"You sweet man, you spent all day cooking."

"Yeah, but it's different when I do it for you. That I do for love."

They ended up standing side by side as he made a quick snack. Jade didn't mention she had already cooked dinner for her and Mark.

They sat down in the living room to eat, Dillon opening a bottle of wine, as he flicked his phone onto the Bluetooth and some light music wafted across the room.

Jade wanted to say. "We could watch TV, they might show the interview on the late news, but the evening had been magical. She didn't want to spoil it. Instead she asked. "How did your new assistant work out?"

"Choice." He said happily. "She's awesome. She's worked in proper restaurants before, so she knows how to follow instructions, and she's good fun."

"Wow, sounds like you got lucky?"

"Oh hell yeah. Cass, is gonna be great."

"Cass, huh. How old is she?" Jade asked, wondering why she felt little tremors of jealousy.

"She's only nineteen, but you'd think she's older. Got a level head, not flaky like some young girls."

"Shit, Dillon. You're only twenty five. It's not like you're an old fogey or some shit."

"Yeah, I know. Kids today though, some of them seem lost. You know, they'd rather play video games, or tell the world what they're doing on insta, or some crap."

"What hours is she gonna work?"

"She'll start about four in the afternoon and stay till we finish up. I mean, we used to be done by eight thirty, now it seems I never finish until nine, sometimes nine thirty."

She nodded, "Yeah. Babe, that's because you're so popular. Amazing what you've achieved."

"Couldn't have done it without you."

"Bullshit." She gasped. "I have hardly been down to help you."

"I wasn't talking about physical help, it was more about your support, and your ideas, and giving me the incentive to try different things.

She hugged him, and shared another soul melding kiss. They touched glasses, and sipped the lovely fresh Rosette... Just at that moment, Jade's phone buzzed. "Hey Mum, What's up?"

"Baby, you're on TV, Dad, and I are watching it right now. We were stunned. Gosh, you look so pretty. Are you watching it?"

"Nah, I saw it earlier."

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"Sorry Mum, it slipped my mind."

She looked up to see the TV, spring into life, and Dillon selected the channel. He turned the volume up, and the music down.

He watched, as the anchor, talked to both Jade and Mark. What stunned him was the reverence Mark held for Jade. He deflected all the praise onto her, and when he looked at Jade there was more than just friendly affection, in his eyes.

When he turned to look at Jade who was still chatting with her mother. He saw her blush... Her eyes told a story.

Jade for the first time saw Mark, saw his affection for her. When she looked into Dillon's eyes, she realised he'd seen it as well. The sadness spread over his face. She'd hoped it would be pride, or joy for her, but no. All she saw was sadness.

Jade disconnected the call from her mother, Mark was performing one of his songs. Dillon, looked on with complete indifference.

"Whatcha think? Cool songs huh..."

He shrugged. "I suppose if you're into that shit, they're okay."

"You love those sort of songs."

"Jade, maybe it's my dislike of Mark, that's colouring my vision, but the songs seem pretty morose and boring. Sorry, just my opinion."

She snuggled against him. "I think it is your opinion of Mark. Everybody has been pretty enthusiastic so far."

"All I can say is good luck to him. Maybe if he gets successful, you might be able to give up running around after him."

"Dillon, I'm his carer, nothing else."

He put his glass down on the coffee table, turned towards her, and placed both his hands on her shoulders. "Jade, he is well past requiring a carer. You only have to watch him in that video. He doesn't need help. You continuing to hang with him, is not about caring."