A Dark Man Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dad smiles, "We kindly asked you here tonight, made an offer, had a nice family dinner, and now we'll make sure you get back safe. Gary is critical to us and our operation."

Dad talks to one of his men, "Bring the van around, I want a second car to sweep the neighborhood for watching eyes."

Both Lynn and I hug mom and dad on our way out.

As soon as we are on the highway, the driver says, "Oh shit. Call for backup. We are being followed by at least three and possibly two more."

The other guy up front says, "There is one in front of us too, see him. We are in trouble. We're in a four-wheel drive, they are in just Suburban's, slow and get off the highway."

I finally shout out, "No! We're fine, those are my people. Not one of those men is less than a Navy Seal. Trust me, we could be in no better hands. Watch, they'll block the highway behind us so nobody can pass us."

Fey was right. However, I had no idea she knew so much about me. That means that she knows I have a bodyguard on her at work and on her home. I hand Fey's cell phone to the non-driver. I text him, "If you want to live, how many listening devices will I find in my home?"

He replies, "One in each room other than your office."

I text back, "You will live, and it is ok to tell mom and dad if they ask."

I take back the phone and hand it to Fey. Naturally, she looks and nods her head at me and then shows Lynn. I then text Ed's Extermination Company, "Hey Ed. My home has a pest issue in each room. I need them removed immediately."

Ed texts back, "I have a new kid, you will like him."

I smile. I see a bill for $164.00. I owe him $16,400.00 to remove the devices and more importantly, not install his own. I trust Ed, I transfer the money. My security company had already called them, he is in my driveway waiting for me to show up.

The van pulls up, they help us out of the truck, and we watch them leave.

John comes up to me and shakes my hand, "My name's John, Ed sent me. I'll start with the bedrooms. Watch some TV. I won't be long."

Twenty minutes later and he shows me a handful of electronics and wires.

John says to me, "I can either destroy them, or I can install them in their owner's home. I spent time in the military, I can slip in and out of anywhere."

I smile, "I bet that is a bit unnerving. Yes, let mommy and daddy know that I don't appreciate them meddling in my private life."

John tells me, "I checked your WIFI. I assume you already know your line is being monitored. Given enough time and money, anything can be broken. You need a computer expert; some systems change encryption every two minutes."

He hands me a business card, "Your parents don't use him or us. He is a friend of mine. You are free to talk openly now. Thank you for your business."

As I am shaking his hand, I ask, "I have a project I am working on. A stealth entry and exit could be most useful. Can you freelance?" We exchange personal business cards.

John says, "I have many talents. I'm not cheap, and extreme risks are bad for business."

I reply, "I agree 100%. You'll be given the information you need and a suggestion on how to minimize risk, although you always can change anything. Just know that most that do, usually regret it, it's what I am good at. I was one of their best ... spooks."

John smiled, and I walked him back to his truck.

Once back inside, the girls are concerned.

Lynn asks me, "What the fuck was that? I thought I was the one they loved. Fucking PTA? My whole life is a lie." She is crying and hysterical.

Fey asks me in a concerned voice, "Gary, was that an offer for a friendly merger or the first shot of a hostile takeover?"

I snicker, "Damn, you caught that?"

Lynn is shaken, "What? They offered Gary their business."

Fey works it out, "Suppose your business is shrinking, your son is squeezing you out or is preventing you from expanding. You show him your business. However, at the same time, due to the proximity, they learn your business. They kill you, and now have both."

Lynn looks horrified.

I am quick to add, "I still need to verify that. So, how do they meet me? They call a policeman and have him sell out his new partner. Then they call a customer and have them give me the information. I rush over and save you. Your order from Amazon shows up, and you know the rest. Would I answer the door otherwise? Would I be distracted into answering the door?

"I think the retirement part was their plan. Well, either that or make me a partner. How do you get us together? Lynn. She's the perfect instrument. I've a lot of research to do. Fey, I'm increasing your security for a while. Tell them at work that you have a stalker boyfriend online and you are scared. That will make them more aware and won't mind me adding more people."

Fey is curious, "People? There is more than Ron?" I give her my angry look. "I spotted him immediately. We had just started dating, and this man is around me doing nothing but he's always there. A family member did not handle bad news once, and he ... handled the situation before our security could."

I laugh at her, "That's your father's man. Look harder, pay attention to your surroundings, they sometimes sit next to you in meetings." I smile.

I hired two medics so they could speak the language. The two cost me good money, but it is well worth it.

Fey stands up and marches off to bed in a huff. Lynn laughs her ass off.

To be continued ...