A Detestable Woman Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Instead of murdering her, they humored her. She showed them how plants had grown where seeds had fallen earlier in the season. She showed them how to seed the ground with plants that were good to eat.

"This was in the days of the prince's great-great-grandfathers.

"Once they'd learned the art of the plants, they killed the traveler and made gardens by the river. Gardens turned into farms, and the few farms became many farms. The clan became the village.

"Farms that were further away from the river struggled to water their plants. There was fighting, and some killing. There are feuds still simmering today that began with the fight over the river.

"To solve the conflict, one of the villagers, a young man, suggested gathering a party of able-bodied people to dig ditches that would allow water to flow inland. This villager became head of the party.

"This was the prince's great-grandfather.

"The ditches were dug, the party was no longer need, but the young man argued that it should not disband. Rather, he reasoned, it should remain, should the need arise for further projects that it could do.

"The young man got his way, but not without further bloodshed.

"The men of the party got old. They brought in their firstborn sons to aid in their projects and their decision-making. As the old men died, the young men rose into their positions.

"One year, there was a minor drought. The farms furthest from the river could not get water.

"Rather than deepen the ditches, the party-now in a position to decide such things-forced the needy farmers to strike agreements with their neighbors to give of their belongings in exchange for water.

"The man who hatched the idea was the prince's grandfather.

"By this time, the magic women of the clan had stopped passing down their knowledge. The men had declared it no longer necessary, as the party would keep and maintain any knowledge that was needed.

"Some of the magic women voluntarily ceded their roles and retreated into ordinary life. Others disappeared from the land.

"Other nearby clans, which mostly kept to their own, would invariably run across the growing village. Their presence was a lure to discontented villagers who would rather return to the old ways.

"The clans were made to join the village or die. Some joined, many died.

"Now the prince's father is in charge, and soon the prince himself will take his place. And, when the time comes, the prince's position will be passed down to the prince's first boychild."

Then Den Mother explained what to do.

~END OF A DETESTABLE WOMAN, PART II: APPENDIX~

12