A Family that Lays Together...

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She knew she could have asked Cindy, who would be much more in the know about such things, but this was something she wanted to do on her own. Plus, she wasn't sure whether she wanted her daughter-in-law to know that she was on the prowl, as it were. Add to the mix the fact that she was convinced the girl had set her stall out to seduce her husband and it was really no surprise that she did a little online research of her own before setting out in the cab she had ordered. She had plenty of time to do more homework in the taxi, as she was unwilling to run the risk of bumping into anyone she knew and was travelling to the nearest large city - an hour or so away.

She had been in two minds as to whether she should take her wedding ring off before leaving the house. On the one hand, taking it off would send a signal to men and women alike that she was up for a bit of action, while, on the other, leaving it on might attract the type of person who liked a challenge - the type of person, that is, whom Imelda wanted to attract. In the end, she decided to leave it behind: she reckoned she would be enough of a challenge as a 'single' woman out for a good time.

The place she had chosen was not at all the place she would normally have visited - and not just because it was a lesbian bar. It was in one of the rougher parts of town and, though reviews were generally positive, "seedy" and "dive" were two of the words that occurred regularly in the comments. She realised that among the regular clientele she was likely to appear as the epitome of chic, but that thought merely added to the sense of anticipation that was building up inside her.

Naturally, she had dressed up for her evening out. She was wearing a burgundy cowl neck blouse that offered generous cleavage and tight black leather leggings with a leaf-shaped buckle belt. To complete the look, she'd put on large gold hoop earrings and a matching fancy link chain choker. For her shoes, she had opted for allure over practicality - after all, she hardly expected to be dancing the night away. Specially for this night out, she had bought a pair of black, square toe, ankle-strap heeled sandals.

Before entering the lesbian bar, Imelda decided to have a drink in a more regular joint. She had a number of reasons for doing this. First, it was still relatively early in the evening. Secondly, bold as she was, she could use the courage that the alcohol would give her. And thirdly, who knows? she might meet someone there who she could hook up with. Maybe a woman, perhaps even a man! But she knew the latter was unlikely. After all, who could measure up to her Collin? Or who, for that matter, if she was searching for the man of her dreams, could be mentioned in the same breath as her own son?

Sitting on a stool at the bar, it wasn't long before Imelda was being chatted up by a guy in a suit. It wasn't that he was particularly obnoxious (quite the reverse - he was polite and didn't make douchebag comments, and could hold his liquor); it's just that she wasn't interested. She wished she could have held a banner or worn a sash that said, "I may be dressed to kill, but this isn't my hunting ground", but things were what they were. She didn't brush the man off, but he couldn't help picking up the vibes she was giving off. After fifteen minutes or so, he excused himself and went back to the guys he was with.

Glancing at her phone, Imelda saw that it was eleven o'clock. Time, she thought, to make a move. Even in her three-inch heels, she could easily make the walk to the lesbian bar; it was only a couple of blocks away. She knew she was near because she could hear the music blaring out. She was expecting this because it was a feature of the place that a lot of people commented on, and to be honest she was pleased. Okay, so she would be expecting some meaningful conversation somewhere down the line, but she was quite happy to be able to blend in and have the chance to find her feet in what was after all an alien environment for her.

She nodded to a couple of women who'd gone outside onto the sidewalk to smoke, but they didn't take much notice of her. She took that as a positive sign. It seemed like she'd blend right in. Maybe she wouldn't be the only one who had dolled herself up.

"Electric" may be a bit of a cliché when it comes to describing atmospheres, but it perfectly described the charge she felt when she entered the club. Oddly, the first person she saw when she entered the dimly lit interior was a man, one of the bartenders, but a cursory glance was enough to persuade her that he was gay. He was bald, with the obligatory facial hair, and, judging by the way he was interacting with the patrons, he was very much part of the furniture.

Walking up to the counter, Imelda waited her turn to be served, standing beside two women who might or might not have been an item: both were dressed casually, neither of them seemed to take any notice of her. Her heart was pounding (she couldn't quite tell why - maybe it was because she was wondering whether it was a mistake to have come here, maybe it was because she was excited because she felt as if anything might happen - or nothing).

When her time came to be served, she greeted the barman with perhaps a touch more enthusiasm than she was actually feeling, then placed her order for a Bacardi and coke. He asked her whether she wanted sugar-free coke, but she said no, just regular coke with lots of ice.

Armed with her drink, she decided to wander among the throng, to see if there were any unattached women, anyone who might catch her eye. It seemed as if everyone was either in groups or paired off - some of them swaying along to the rhythmic beat of the music. Feeling a little discouraged, and fearing that her visit had been made in vain, Imelda thought of leaving the drink she had scarcely touched on a table and making her way back to the door.

Somehow she didn't seem to fit in here. But what had she been expecting, anyway, she asked herself. That a beautiful, sexy and desirable woman would dump whoever it was whom she was with and take up with her? She wasn't even a real lesbian. Maybe their gaydars (or whatever lesbians had) told them that she was an impostor. Did they think she might be an undercover cop working on a drugs bust? All sorts of strange notions took possession of her mind.

They do say that the darkest time is just before the dawn. Suddenly Imelda felt a hand on her arm. Turning round (she wished in retrospect that she hadn't turned round so fast, so eagerly), she found herself face to face with a woman she hadn't spotted before. She must have been around thirty. She didn't look like a lesbian. Maybe, Imelda thought, she'd found the only other straight woman in the club.

Above the din of the music, the woman introduced herself as Cody. The first thing that struck Imelda about her was how slim she was. Not very tall, either, around Cindy's height. Maybe because she didn't have much else to cling onto, Imelda took this as a good omen. Cody certainly hadn't dressed up for the occasion. She was wearing a camisole top (maybe cream, it was difficult to tell) and a pair of jeans. The bead necklace and bead bracelets she wore gave her a bohemian air. Her mousey hair was mussed up. Imelda couldn't tell if she had had it styled that way or if she just hadn't push a brush through it recently.

Cody stood on tiptoe and spoke into Imelda's ear, placing her hand on her shoulder for support.

"I know a place we can go and talk," she said.

Receiving a nod from Imelda, she led the way out of the club and onto the sidewalk, where a new group of smokers had assembled.

"I never got your name," the girl said, as they began to walk side by side the opposite way from that which Imelda had come just fifteen minutes or so earlier.

Introductions made, they walked for perhaps ten minutes before Cody let herself into an apartment block, which must have been built many years ago.

"The elevator isn't working," she said with the hint of a smile. "We'll need to walk. Hope you're okay with that."

Imelda thought about taking off her heels, but she couldn't be sure about the state of the stone staircase, and besides she didn't want to get her feet dirty. She'd have to make do the best she could.

"I live on the top floor," Cody said as they reached the first landing.

"I can see how you keep so fit," Imelda joked, her heels clacking as she made her way carefully up the staircase.

When they got to the sixth and final floor, Cody turned at her doorway and put her hands together in appreciation of Imelda's efforts. The apartment was high ceilinged and airy. Cody led her guest into the living room, which doubled as an artist's studio, with all the associated paraphernalia: an easel, palettes, brushes, picture frames and canvases - some complete, others unfinished and still others yet to be used.

On one wall hung industrial landscapes (docks and mine workings mainly), and on another hung portraits of women. All the women were naked or partially naked, and all bar one of the paintings featured one subject only. The exception (a more abstract piece) caught Imelda's attention; it showed two women standing, their breasts and stomachs melded into one another's, their dark hair (mussed up like Cody's) covering their faces. The women's bodies looked as if they had been subject to an MRI scan, with purple, blue and yellow predominating. One of the women was holding the other woman by the wrist, but it was hard to tell who was the aggressor.

"You like it?" asked Cody, as if she already knew the answer.

"It's wonderful," replied Imelda, without any trace of flattery or dissimulation.

While Cody was getting Imelda another Bacardi and coke, Imelda sat on the couch and closed her eyes. In her imagination Cody was painting her. She was naked, standing facing the wall, looking over her shoulder at the artist. Thoughtfully, Cody had brought something to eat (some Moroccan hummus and slices of carrot and cucumber). Imelda didn't realize how hungry she was until she started eating, but didn't want to appear to be ravenous - at least, not for the kind of food that sustains the body. She didn't want Cody ordering in and spoiling what she believed could be a magical night. There would always be time to eat something afterwards, she thought...

FIVE

Cody came and joined Imelda on the couch. She sat close to her, but they weren't touching. Imelda could make out the outline of the younger woman's nipples against her camisole, but only faintly. If she had worn that top, her nipples would have been visible from the house across the street!

Imelda was still wearing her heels. She had thought about taking them off, but had decided against it. Wearing them made her feel empowered, and, after all, this girl had hit on her shoes and all! Maybe she even had a thing for shoes and feet. Time would tell.

Cody asked Imelda about her life and seemed genuinely interested in her responses. She showed no surprise when Imelda said she was married, telling her that she could see the mark left by the ring on her finger. But she seemed to take it in her stride, as she took everything in her stride. "Live and let live" appeared to be the motto by which she lived her life.

She didn't pry into her personal life, didn't seem anxious to know what had brought her all this way to a strange town. Maybe, Imelda thought, that was because she knew. She suddenly wondered if she wasn't the latest in a long line of desperate housewives who had been brought back to Cody's apartment under the pretext of "a place where they could go and talk."

She told her she had moved to the Midwest from Colorado, which surprised Imelda, because she thought that state would be a magnet for artists. Cody laughed and said that everybody said that, but that she preferred to live in a place with more vibrancy and more energy - and more history. Imelda nodded her head but didn't say anything. Cody already knew she worked in a library and must have worked out that she was someone who read and visited galleries - and all that kind of stuff.

Imelda wanted to ask Cody if she had ever had a boyfriend; what she really meant was whether she had ever slept with a man. But she held back. Maybe she'd volunteer the information, and if she didn't, nothing would be lost as a result. Of course, at this point she couldn't be absolutely sure that the girl wanted to sleep with her. It wasn't as if she was making a play for her, or even sweet-talking her.

Imelda was enjoying just being with her and chewing the fat. Cody didn't appear that interested in talking about her art, but when pressed by Imelda she opened up a bit and gave her some background to the industrial landscapes she had painted. But what she really wanted to learn more about were those nudes. Were they all her lovers? Did she still see them? She couldn't believe they were just based on photos she had seen in magazines.

Cody smiled an enigmatic smile when Imelda broached the subject, stopping her before she could any questions.

"You're wondering if they're friends or models, yes?"

"I was kind of curious," Imelda replied, wanting to place her hand on the girl's knee but not daring to.

"A bit of both. But these are mostly models. If they're friends, they generally get to keep the paintings."

"And you sell them?"

"Ha! You're wondering how I keep body and soul together?"

Imelda laughed, then laughed some more. It must have been contagious, as Cody started laughing too. Soon they were cuffing each other with their hands and arms, like hares boxing in an English field. The laughing came to an abrupt halt when Imelda took hold of Cody's wrists, like that faceless woman in the "psychedelic" painting.

Imelda caught Cody watching her jiggling breasts and knew she had to have her.

"Feast on them!" she told the girl.

Without further ado, Cody pushed the billowing fabric to one side and isolated Imelda's breast.

"It's really fine," she said, getting further under the older woman's skin with her combination of lasciviousness and understatement.

"Suck it! You know that's what you've be wanting to do."

The artist wasn't going to be browbeaten into doing anything she didn't want to do. Instead, she told Imelda to raise her hands and, tugging the blouse from her leggings, pulled it over her head.

"They're both fine," she said laconically, making Imelda laugh once again.

After the inauspicious start to the evening, Imelda knew she had landed on her feet. No, that was too weak a way of putting it: she had won the lottery! She had no clue what lay in store for her, but that glorious uncertainty was part of the fascination of the encounter. Cody was so different from Cindy: her allure lay at an altogether deeper level. It was as if she had been paddling in the shallows and was now being taken out into the ocean, with no lifebelt to keep her safe.

Yet safety was the last thing she wanted. She wanted to be buffeted by the waves, to feel the full force of the storm, to lose herself in its unpredictability. Her libido was soaring to places she didn't know could exist. She caught sight of the painting of the two women on the wall and wanted what they had, what they shared. She was almost frightened by thoughts of the intimacy which was being prepared for her. Could she embrace it? Was she fit to make this journey? Would she be swept under the waves? Did she want to be swept under the waves?

She could feel the girl's hot breath on her nipple. She realized that she had closed her eyes, and she didn't want to open them. Just knowing that was wasn't dreaming was enough for her. When Cody's tongue touched her nipple, she exhaled long and hard. Every nerve ending in her body was set on edge. She tried to resist it (she wasn't quite sure why), but a shudder wracked her frame. The curtain in the temple - her temple - was rent from top to bottom.

The tongue - instrument of both pain and pleasure - worked her nub unhurriedly. She tried (oh! how hard she tried!) not to think of it working her other nub - the nub at the core of her being - but she found she was powerless to do so. With every fibre of her being, she tried not to imagine the explosive release she would feel when the tongue touched her there, but she had nothing with which she could fight back. The orgasm came upon her as if from nowhere, with a force that wasn't of this world.

Cody had never witnessed anything like this. She thought she had been taking a chance on this woman when she picked her up in the bar, on a whim - she seemed such a lost soul - but now she realized fate had brought them together. Every artist needs a muse, and hers was sitting right there in front of her, sexuality oozing from every pore.

She kissed her softly on the mouth, one hand on the back of her head, the other on her neck. The woman kissed her back, softly too - the frenzy of her climax having left her, at least for the time being, mellower and more aware of her partner. Cody sensed that she had it in her power to give, that she wanted to give back to her. But she also sensed that she wanted to take so much more first. And she was totally cool about that.

As they kissed, Cody offered the woman her tongue, knowing the power it held over her. Imelda accepted it, letting it play with her own tongue, and paddling it gently in return. Sensing the moment was right, Cody took Imelda's hand and brought it to her chest, laying it against her tiny breast. The married woman moaned almost imperceptibly and rubbed it gently, as if afraid she might damage it. At the same time, she kissed her back with a growing passion, covering her mouth completely and seeking out the far recesses of her cavity, almost into her throat.

Her hand now stationary, as if she could focus only on one task at a time, she let herself go, her teeth grinding against the girl's own perfect set, her tongue whirling about, as the frenzy built up once more inside her. Cody let herself be dominated, feeling the wetness that was being released inside her, burning up with the knowledge that the other woman was awash with a wetness of her own.

How badly she wanted to taste her! How overwhelming was her urge to pull down those slutty pants and "feast", as the woman had put it, on her liquid core! She hadn't known such naked passion for what seemed like an eternity, not since she was in college and had been seduced by her art teacher - another married woman! What was it about these creatures, she asked herself. Why could they do things to her that the girls who modelled for her couldn't do?

She had tried to convince herself that she was doing this lonely woman a favor, but she knew now, if she hadn't known all along, that this wasn't true. Breaking the kiss, she took off her camisole and offered her breast to the woman. For a moment, she was scared that the woman would reject her. She hated herself for thinking this; she hated the woman too for bringing her to this state.

Imelda was completely oblivious to her lover's plight. She was hesitating only because she was finding it difficult to comprehend the immensity of the moment. As far as she was concerned, the girl's tiny titty was for her just then the most beautiful thing in the world. Regarding the blunt nipple as if it were the most precious jewel, she took it between her lips and kissed it softly.

Cody's insecurities (where they neuroses, she wondered?) vanished at the tender touch. After a minute or so, Imelda placed her hand on Cody's other breast and began to make circling movements with her fingers. Inevitably, as the circles became smaller, her fingers ended up on her nipple, rubbing it lightly at first, before giving it a series of pinches, which drew the shy bud from its hiding place.