A Great Day in Moran Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They continued to walk in silence until they came across a small garden. Miklas sat down on one of the benches. Amber sat next to him. Miklas began to talk.

"Life in the capital was much simpler for me. I was cloistered in the gymnasium to train and compete in tournaments. I know I didn't know much about the world, so when I heard of the Provincial Assignment program, I volunteered. I wanted to help, and I wanted to learn more about my kingdom than just the clean, sterile streets of the capital."

"I see, and you picked Moran?"

"Yeah, it's the least popular destination, and people said the place is about to collapse, which piqued my interest. I'm an athlete so I love a challenge."

"Sooo, the capital thinks we're failing?"

Miklas startled. "Oh no, please don't tell the mistress that," he begged.

Amber just chuckled and patted him on the knee. "Calm down, big guy. It's not entirely wrong, but not true either. I'm in charge of this place, so I know how true that rumor is. We're not collapsing, if that what you thought." She sighed. "But it is a challenge, being in charge of Moran. We're perennially short of cash, and the mistress is often...difficult. You wouldn't tell mistress that I just called her difficult, would you?" Amber asked casually. Miklas shook his head rapidly.

"Then we both have our little secrets," she said and winked at him. Miklas held her hands and thanked her repeatedly. The way his big bear hand enveloped her own sent butterflies flying in her stomach.

"It's no big deal, big guy. If you need any help getting to know the ropes, I'll be here. I was once a stranger in this land, with no one looking out for me. I don't want that to happen to you too."

"You're a godsend, Amber. It's a blessing that I met you," he said and smiled gratefully at her, the same kind of toothsome smile that made Amber's heart throbbed out of order. She smiled awkwardly back at him.

*-*

"So, that's Amber's idea, and I think it's feasible. What do you think?" Evelyn asked her trusty chancellor. It was after lunchtime, and she was having a tea break.

"It's possible, certainly possible," Rega said and nodded at the same time. "Your neighbor is the richest man in the kingdom. I could ask him for favorable interest rates, but I doubt it would work. He and you don't see eye to eye."

"No one can see eye to eye with that man, and not because he has cold dead eyes," Evelyn scoffed. "He thinks we're beneath him because his house is the oldest extant noble house in the kingdom. Old money jerks."

"I could arrange a trip to his land next week," Rega said amiably.

"Oh, I hate traveling to Midmount Castle, the road to the mountain is so tortuous, the bumps make me sore for days, and not the good kind of sore."

"Not Midmount, my mistress. That's his fall residence."

"Oh right, it's summer, so Midport?"

"No that's his spring palace, the one with his leisure fleet. His summer residence is Midfield."

"Ah yes, Midfield. No bumpy roads then."

"And it has large vineyards. Their grapes are purported to make the best wine in Terrava, but it's no Dragon Blood. I checked. Anyway, he would want to know why we need the money. I don't think it is wise to mention your spontaneous generosity."

"Blame the peasants, he'd understand. That snooty son of a goat despises the dirty human more than I do."

"Understood. I'll write a letter letting him know," Rega nodded respectfully and left. Evelyn finished her tea and left the room. Once outside, she saw Miklas and Amber chatting animatedly a few feet away from the door.

"There you are. Miklas, come with me. I want to show you off to the city folks this afternoon," she called to her bodyguard. Miklas quickly said goodbye to Amber and walked back to his mistress, not without smiling at her one more time. Amber's pointy elf ears perked up as she waved goodbye to him. Try as she might, Amber could not help but glance at his muscular rump as he walked away. That loincloth was really tight and hugged his hip like a second skin.

"Put your mask on. Oooh, I can't wait to see their faces. Their eyeballs are going to pop when they see you." Evelyn grinned as her bodyguard put on his fearsome mask. Amber smiled wryly. Flexing her muscles has always been Evelyn's favorite form of entertainment. And now, she had some actual muscles that she could flex.

Hi there, thanks for reading. If you enjoy this story or find it lacking in some way, please leave a comment. Any kind of feedback is greatly appreciated.


12