All Comments on 'A Heart Divided Ch. 06'

by nageren

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I hope you have a good end for this

We still don't know what is going on with Gina and her issues. I don't see that Lynn is sure either. He loves two people but deception would destroy him in the long run. He has to choose? Is Gina pregnant? It can't end well for someone at best. The only thing I can think is that Gina was hurt at some time in the past and perhaps she has learned that maybe all men are not bastards. Maybe, it is Gina who needs to be the wise one and send him home.

JaneandJohnJaneandJohnover 9 years ago
Great Story!

I have followed Gina's story since the beginning of "A Strange Arrangement" and I am happy to get to know Gareth and realize that he had his own struggles to deal with during his relationship with her. Thanks for such a great, well written story!

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 9 years ago
4 star

Well written but pretty unsubstantive information from the wife, i'd feel brushed off if i was Gare at this point. Run off to sunny California with Gina!

gordo12gordo12over 9 years ago
Rare 5*

You're a hell of a writer.

As far as Lynn goes I would never trust her again. If she would pull this once there is always the chance in the future that she would revert to the behaviour. Regardless of her reasons for this happening.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Garth had every opportunity to quest Lynn about where the hell she had been for nine months and with whom, what a weak kneed idiot.

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 9 years ago
Another excellent piece of writing

You have thrown in real dilemmas for all three of them. Looking forward to how it works out. (But we already have a clue from 'Strange Attraction'.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I don't dislike Garth anymore

So when I read a strange arrangement, at first I hated Garth and thought he was a monster for what he did... But now reading this I am not so mad at him, nor do I think of him as a monster.. Gina was wrong.. When they were having sex he even said that he could just use his tongue, but she didn't want that she wanted him to be inside. And the she was the one so wound and didn't give him enough time and room to pull out. He was trying to be responsible. I actually have a little dislike for the way she told the story and never gave any fault to herself. She even said at the end she wanted him to come inside. And after that she could have even gotten plan b.. I think she was wrong and more of an idiot and I think she tried to save herself from any blame. So I actually am happy I am reading Garth's side. I am sure many others will still think he is a jerk, but now read in this I don't think so and I am a woman.

bigdnc13bigdnc13over 9 years ago
Gare is an idiot

What a trusting stooge. His wife comes back after disappearing for nine months. Before she disappeared she treated him as if she was having an affair, or at least looking forward to trying a new dick on for size. He doesn't even ask her who she was fucking while she 'found herself'. She says she had a miscarriage. Maybe. What proof does she have that she did? If she did, how would he know it was his? Before any thought of sleeping with her again, he should demand a test for STDs. Get her cell phone records for the period she was gone. He might find an interesting phone number or numbers. After she leaves him he holds out for a WHOLE month before he's fucking Gina. And Gina...there's a piece of work. She knows he married and pursues him. I won't say she got what she deserved, but karma can be a real bitch. Not many likable characters in this story - actually, none. All that said, I still think you're a fine writer that tells a mean story. I think the response you've received for your stories prove that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Great chapter! Somewhere in chapter 1, I read that Lynn works/ worked for Hope's Advocate, Gina works for Hope's Advocate. So does that mean that Lynn knew about Gina, or did Gareth help her out for a job?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
sorry,, ace is best i can do since there is nothing less to give this trash

The snot Lynn gets A burr up her ass and walks away for 9 months .. no fucking word from it in 9 fucking months,, she never called over xmas or new years,, A real fucking treat to call some fucking monster like this a wife

Personally the day she walked out the fucking door I would have been in the lawyers office telling him to draw up papers instead of letting the fucking loser fuck around for 9 months finding herself

This fucking reject Garreth whines and snivels for 9 months about his estranged wifey being gone for 9 months,,he has A young lady that obviously loves and cherishes him and he is too fucking stupid to see it

The fucking loser bitch walks back in the house like she had just run down to the corner store for A quart of milk and reject takes it back,, ohhhh yeah he shows her he is THE man,, he moves to the spare room instead of telling her to use the spare room

Be fuck if I would have moved for her

anything the cow cunt had moved back in I would have turfed back out the fucking door along with her

Wont bother reading the next chapter of trash

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Weakest plot of all your series. "I don't know" interprets as your lack imagination.

Interesting that you wrote this to explain Gareth, but the person who comes off as the most intriguing, so far, is Lyn. Why did she leave? You never really let her explain: "Lynn went on about her life during the past 9 months. She had an apartment in the city, met with her girlfriends, worked a lot, saw a therapist about some stuff from her past...I tried to pay attention and listen to everything, but my eyes kept getting drawn to her breasts jiggling freely in her t-shirt, and I was remembering the feel of their weight in my hands." And like Gareth, the reader begins to stop caring why Lyn left, since its obvious you either wish to delay telling us, which is a cheap plot device, or you can't come up with a plausible reason. So Lyn's explanation in this chapter just drifts away into Gareth's meanderings and tit lust. Just so much weaker than you other writing. And the stupidity and thoughtlessness of your characters becomes the overarching character trait: they do what they do because they are thoughtless and shallow and self-destructive.

This attempt to explain Gareth, and Lyn, is weak up to this point, and worse, getting boring.

FiveWolvesFiveWolvesover 8 years ago
How do we report this &^%wipe?

Some jerkoff is going around leaving horrible comments on stories anonymously. Is there someway to alert Lit and get the jerk banned?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I'm done with this story now

I've lost all interest in this story at this point. A woman who walks out on him for a year just rolls back up and he accepts it. No just no. It has lost all plausibility, it would make more sense if the laws of gravity reversed themselves, water started burning as it left the tap, gravity was reversed and time started flowing backwards. It's so ridiculous and I'm extremely disappointed. When lynn turns up in the house then Gareth should have said "which one of us is leaving?" Because to be fair she has almost as much right to be there as he does legally at least. The trouble is nothing,and I do mean nothing could make me accept based on the behaviour of Gareth or of any human being I have ever met he could stand to be under the same roof as her, even the insecure Gareth of old. It just doesn't sit right and feels more than flawed- just deeply deeply wrong. Based on her coldness, and ability to flip moods at the cock of a hat, her lack of communication and inability to share the finer emotions how could he ever believe anything she had to say. People can change, but in general only very slowly and not their core traits, even if lynn could change, who is to say their won't be a relapse. Gareth is a good guy, and both smart and in touch with his emotions too. Seeing her return, he should have been calm, assertive and truthful, laid out that they had issues to tie up, but those issues were practical ones not emotional since now he was in love with someone else and maybe that would work out or not. But the place she had once occupied in his heart was now taken by another. It's hard to express how deeply disappointed I am that a writer whom I had been pleased to consistently give 5 stars to has let us all down. How you can create a world, paint a picture with vivid characters that I care about, and is not flawed with spelling or grammatical errors, where the dialogue is natural and nuanced, and the narrative is compelling, but where at the highest most difficult hurdle, fall.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 6 years ago
Should have used another character

I think it's a big mistake to use Gina from "A Strange Arrangement" for this story.

Not only does it spoil the ending, and I guess some would argue that it's about the journey, but those someones are probably women with lousy tastes in movies. I prefer there to be a bit of a mystery, especially if it's spoiled in such a way that I know things will end badly.

And Gareth not ending up with Gina can only be considered a bad choice.

Getting with Lynn, the woman that abandoned you for 9 months can only lead to misery down the road. I expect that Lynn is the kind of person that 5-10-15 years down the road will have a mid-life crisis and leave him again in order to find herself or some such rot.

More importantly, it doesn't feel like the same character, compounding the mistake, I could only stand reading a little of the other story, but the Gina in that felt like a very different person than Gareth's Gina.

In a Heart divided Gina has a sense of whimsy, the ninja references and her subtly planning was pretty amusing, along with a lot of other subtle things, I don't recognize that Gina in the other story.

On another note I have no idea why Gina is so against being with Gareth long-term. With her behavior she is almost throwing him at Lynn, instead of fighting for him.

Frankly knowing that Gina is willing to prostitute herself to save on rent, makes me think less of her, it turns her into a character I don't respect, and don't want to read about.

Or like one of them is Gina in name only.

That is why another name should have been used in my opinion.

Moralez18PTMoralez18PTover 6 years ago
Disagreeing with lb_says

Considering all the conflict we see in Gina on the other story, considering also her the emotional distance that she tries to insert here, it's very believable that the story she tells Andrew and Dottie was remembered through rose-tinted glasses.

All the blame she puts on Andrew for forcing her into sex (which he calls her out on), all the baggage she carries, the distance from her parents and all of that, it's very believable that the "not-yet-matured" Gina would have seen herself as the only victim in this Gina-Garreth relationship, painting him with an "evil" paintbrush.

This is really well written so far... It's not making me mad at her, more like sad for him and really sad that Dottie and Andrew don't get a chance to know the full story...

Like their hate for him might be just a little misplaced...

That being said, I haven't read the abortion part yet, so we'll have to see how that goes

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hey guess what...

I didn't know anything about what happens to Gina and Gareth in the end. Until I read the notes at the beginning of this story. Yeah, thanks for that.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
messed up people

Why would anyone even consider taking a spouse back after they left with no explanation after 9 months. Then she comes back because she's got her head on straight now? No, she's got real issues. How can they even think about picking up where they left off? Then there is his new girl and his wife and he loves them both. My advice? Get the hell out of town and leave them both, he's just getting greedy now???

Less sex more why that makes sense.

underdog1underdog1almost 2 years ago

Sorry, but well before she came back after 9 mos., he should have filed for divorce. With no contact at all, not even knowing if she was still in the country, or even alive, it was over. And now that he let her back in the house, Gina the girlfriend/mistress should tell him to shit or get off the pot.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usernageren@nageren
I try to write realistically- describing believable people in plausible situations. None of the characters is "me," but many of them represent aspects of my personality and history. My hope is that, as you get to know my characters, you will find yourself thinking-...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories