All Comments on 'A King's Legacy Ch. 02'

by PupBayou

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
JAFCritic3JAFCritic3over 1 year ago

I have a world building question, well a few really:

1. Are the non human creatures animals that have humanoid traits or humans that have animal characteristics? I feel it is the former, but just wanted to confirm.

2. It seems that humans are rare here but it has not been explained why Aster needed to be shielded from the outside world. So that raises questions about the role of humans in the world. Are they hunted for food, sport, for there (pick an organ) as an aphrodisiac? Are humans an ancient enemy? Considered a mythical creature? A harbinger of doom or change? There are many possibilities to consider.

3. There is magic in this world. Have you worked out what the rules are for it or kinda playing it by ear? I’ve read stories where the magic system was seriously flawed and created plot problems. I am not telling you how or what to do here. I do want to share a resource that has helped me; https://mythcreants.com/blog/five-tips-for-using-an-arbitrary-magic-system/ They have other advice on writing as well if you are interested.

Thank you for your work and sharing this story

Good luck

PupBayouPupBayouover 1 year agoAuthor

Prologue covers much of that. Magic has its own chapter coming, but its a whole chapter. Def more animal with humanish body.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPupBayou@PupBayou
Just a gay pup that likes writing. Always happy to hear feedback! Feel free to message if you have any questions! I do have a discord for the King's Legacy Chronicles, and I'll be posting some exclusive stuff there before it hits print!

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES