All Comments on 'A Kiss is Just a Kiss'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 252 Comments
LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago

I just hope Rhonda did not think he was referring to Traci. Luckily, we do know Traci did not get up ready to dance when he said that.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Hooked rides in and saves the weekend with one excellent story. Another stupid bitch with a *work" husband who ends up not being very much use as a full time husband. Had me worried about a reconciliation with cheating Traci, but Rhonda helps him make it through unscathed. I love stories where the cheater quickly realized what she had lost, and that she will never get it back.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Darn it! 5*****

You wrote the story that I wish I had written. She was nuts. He stood up for himself. He got on with his life. He stopped feeling vengeful and found happiness. That really is the way to handle betrayal. Excellent job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I like the move at the end

Having Traci demonstrate that she actually does love John, enough to encourage him to marry someone else. She was burned, but perhaps has grown and learned enough to find her own happiness as well. Nice story.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 3 years ago

Nice writing and a good story. It was a 5 in by book.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 3 years ago

Sick nasty story, Mr. 1957. I am hooked! Write another, please. Should anyone wish to read another story by Mr. 1957, Qhml1, Harddaysknight, Androgynousother, Lost Boy, Stev2244, Laptopwriter or many others of your favorite writers, tune in December 7 for "Hanging by a Thread," a group of suspense/thriller stories to be posted on Literotica. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
State of Cuckadoodledoo.

Nope not happening no ways no how’s.

Please enclose (C) In the title of your next cuck story so the btb brigade don’t have to wade through this shite.

Husband observes intimacy at an awards ceremony and doesn’t confront the slut runs home with tail between legs and waits in Darkened Kitchen Wow how dramatic.

Finds out that the sluts colleagues know of affair and actually say Don’t embarrass the University WTF?

Wish we could vote a zero.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
If you were quoting the lyrics from "As time goes by" ..

I like your stuff so this is on my "To read" list but the correct lyric is "A kiss is still a kiss A sigh is just a sigh".

Just sayin...

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaover 3 years ago
It was about the "kiss"...

A very good and well written story. It is an almost standard unknowing husband storyline, But there are some holes here. I don't see how he couldn't see that he was being cucked for 5 years but....glad he found out. What irks me is that the University said it was ok for Traci and Aaron to fuck just don't make the school look bad, HELL, everyone at the university knew they were fucking, so what does that tell you about that school, that's bullshit. 4 stars out of five because John should have sued the university and gotten Aaron fired and got money from him for screwing up his marriage. So there was no real revenge on anyone, just a couple of divorces.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Absurd effort to reconcile

Better off consorting with a snake. The "are you better off" question is inane, a cliche, and should be retired. It also reflects a stupid utilitarianism.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 3 years ago
Why does he stay away?

You don't show up at family events. You even stayed away from Katie's engagement party. Our oldest is getting married next year, and you have to be there and be present

He has much better life than her. Why would he stay away? If he is hooking up with younger and hotter girls, why bother with complications of ex wife. Does not make sense especially after bitter divorce where she cheated for five years. Five years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 stars This is your only likeable Traci

This is your best effort. Husband can't accept a five year affair. No BTB just move on and find another better person. Traci realizes her mistake but the damage is done. This is a realistic example of a spouse falling for a work husband and then realizing it won't work. Good job

reasonable man

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Another boring btb story

My god people this is a SEX STORY site. If you do not possess the imagination, or expreience, to write a sex story on here then do not write anything. This category has been flooded with these crap stories for years. As far as this dribble goes, no imagination at all. There are probably several hundred stories on this site that read just like this one. I really wish you losers would go find another site to ruin and let this one get back to the way it was ten years ago. Don't go away mad .... just go away. Ps. Im sure the head limp dick on here 26thNC will love this one and give it 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
OK

That was a just the sweetest cheating wife story I have read here. Well done!

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 3 years ago
Honestly.

What was the point in writing this?.

It has been written before a thousand times and the vast majority of those times were better than this attempt.

Thanks for wasting my time numbnuts.

Will skip anything you post in future.

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadover 3 years ago

It was ok. Kind of formulaic. Nothing new. Was written well. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Well written. The story flows logically and is consistent with the theme throughout. It shows that when people who have affairs and end up together often find that their change of venue from the affair to real life becomes a great disappointment. The revenge item by telling the other wife was excellent.EPp7tx

Jack --not a member but an avid reader.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You just about got a 1

I was sure that this was heading for a resolution

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

Good story, but it lacked your usual fiery vehemence against Traci.

If she was eagerly hoping to reconcile with her husband, surely Traci would've been heartbroken when he went to the wedding with Rhonda? Instead of being devastated, she acted like a supportive friend... but that's not the way women usually behave in those circumstances. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, especially not an entitled slut that kept up a five-year affair behind her husband's back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
An alternate ending. Taken from when he saw the kiss.

My wife looked up and gave a nervous smile when she saw me approaching her. She was about to say something when she saw the look of murder on my face. She burst into tears as she realised she had been caught.

Aaron looked at her and turned around to see what had upset her. He took one looke at me and realised the jig was up. He took a step back as I got closer.

I was not going to hit him but I fully intended to destroy both of them.

I said, in a very loud voice, "I suppose it will come as no surprise when my lawsuit for failure to enforce the morals clauses, of your employment contract, is served on the University. You will all be deposed as to what you knew and for how long."

"The Administration will also be deposed as to why they did not act in accordance with the employment contract conditions."

It seemed to me as is everyone in the room hung there heads in shame as they realised I was the unsuspecting husband.

I then turn to Aaron and said, "You had better leave town boy. If I see you around town I do not know if I can prevent myself doing serious damage to you for destroying my marriage.

Turning to my wife I added, "Don't bother coming home SLUT as you no longer have a home to come back to."

With that I left the function and headed home to pack her stuff. When I finished packing her stuff I left it on the front porch and went to bed. I first made sure the chain was on the front door, the remote control for the garage had been re-programmed and the spare key to the back door was brought inside. It doesn't sound like much in the way of preventing her from getting in but it worked. About 3 hours after I got home I heard her car come in and she tried to use her front door key but when the door would not open because of the security chain she then went out back to get the spare. The wail of despair she let out, when she realised the spare back door key was gone was music to my ears. She then called out to me to let her in so we can talk.

I ignored her and she eventually left.

The next day I rang my father to ask for his friend's (who was a lawyer) phone number. When he asked why I told him. He was sad but said he would ring his friend for me. Later that day my mother and father and the friend and his daughter (a family lawyer) arrived at my house. We talked for several hours and they said they would file on Tuesday.

While they were her my wife came in and said we needed to talk. She noticed my guests and when I introduced them as my lawyers she left in tears.

She fought the divorce but that got her nowhere. Aaron was named as a correspondent in my divorce which led to his divorce as well.

My lawsuit against the University AND the English Department was successful and I won high 6 figures. The Dean of the English Department was fired as were my wife and Aaron.

They left town soon afterwards and the last I heard they had gone their separate ways as Aaron was not an easy person to live with.

I live life one day at a time.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
I gave it a 3

not every man, would even touch their ex. no matter how long they where married

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 3 years ago

Nice touch, enjoyed this story immensly

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Good story. You riled me up when you started having them date each other and have sex after the divorce. Come on, she cheats for 5 years and wants 2 husbands? He should have been hard pressed to give her the time of day or tell her what the weather would be, let alone date her or have sex with her. Traci deserves to be single, lonely and regret her actions for the rest of her hopefully miserable life. She called it "a mistake", was the atom bomb destroying Hiroshima a little "pop"? Maybe the Big Bang in her dictionary was a small "boom"? Sorry, but she deserves a loaded freight train of Karma hitting her at full speed.

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 3 years ago
same

old tired story, u really like this story huh to keep writing it and still use Traci man she sure gets around huh lol. if u read one u read them all too bad u have potential but waste it :(

stev2244stev2244over 3 years ago

Well done, Hooked. Entertaining and easily 5 stars.

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago

5 stars story - it was very clean and well written.

Only criticism was I want more haha, specifically the post divorce events like; how John recovered; Monteros' family lives; children forgiving Traci; Traci's and Aaron's events that led to the divorce

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
and......?

John did not sue the university?????????????? Other wise, pretty good.

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years ago
Nice Story

No bitches burnt. No kids burnt. No in-laws burnt. Everyone is an adult. Nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not a bad story 4 stars

I’m shocked his ex actually told him to move on with Rhonda . She was a smart women except she was in love with 2 men as you wrote it. Very rate quality for a x to see she blew it and accept johns choices. Now single and another old women trying to find that impossible love she thru away. As their are probably 3 women to every man available at that age.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Who are you and what have you done with Mr 1957?

Other than the ex being named Traci, this was nothing like your usual.

I was disappointed at the way the story went. You set up a real possibility with Traci truly loving two men, but then you wrote it as though she had been backing away from John, even if subconsciously, and planning an eventual divorce. I’d have liked to see a story in which she loved both Aaron and John fully and passionately, and how that would play out.

What’s that, other commenters say, it’s not possible? Men having multiple wives has been common in human history, so yes, it has worked in the past.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Great story, Traci was a greedy slut who learned the hard way what true love is all about

Scores 5/5

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 3 years ago

As it says in the words of the song: 'Cause if you like it, then you shoulda put a ring on it

If you like it,…"

Good job., Hooked1957. A 5* story.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 3 years ago

Well written, as always. Nice story of a wife who wants it all. Life doesn't work that way... usually.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice

As a man that age, I really enjoyed this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
cute

But I can't see him being that close to the ex to not only have sex but be "friends". Maybe angry revenge sex with a double strength condom but not like described here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
It started out OK, then it ended good. Congratulations.

I started to feel some sympathy for Traci when it was stated that her husband showed little or no interest in her professional life. He never attended her work events, he hardly knew her work associates, in an academic setting? These people get together for wedding and birthday celebrations, Christmas parties, baby showers, guest speaker receptions, retirement parties, A Lot! Traci had a work husband not just because she was shallow and selfish and unethical, she had a work husband because she wanted some love and recognition beyond her kitchen and her bedroom. Aaron provided that. Then when John started drinking to cope with his marital issues it reinforced the appearance that he was not a very strong nor intelligent man.

Having said that, the divorce was entirely understandable. Divorce is a great way to end a toxic relationship, but a stupid way to punish someone you still love. I think as the plot played out it is safe to assert that if John had not discovered Traci's affair, she would have used him for his money and as her second place lover until she left him for Aaron. After that the story would have progress pretty much the same, with Traci marrying then eventually divorcing the asshole Aaron. The difference is that John got saved from wasting that much more of his life on the whore, giving him time to find a true woman and have a real marriage.

So while you started out with a weak shallow tepid marriage, and a somewhat distant detached husband, you finished well, with Traci owning her selfish failure, and John looking forward to a better marriage with a better woman. I hope he invests himself more into Rhonda than he did Traci.

Things don't look so good for Traci. Men age like wine, women age like cheese. Traci is getting heavier and less attractive. Yes, she is also smarter and wiser, but thank God there really are A Lot of smart intelligent women to choose from, so I don't think Traci will compete so well given her history and reputation. She might end up with a adequate fuck buddy, but she will have to lie to tempt an intelligent man into marriage. Maybe, if she learns to cook really well, and take it up the ass, . . ., naw. Only a loser would give her a ring, and she probably still has enough self respect left to avoid that humiliation; unless he's really rich, and in poor health. Like I said, women are mostly smart, even this stupid bitch.

A decent portrayal of three failed marriages and at least two salvaged lives. Thanks for the effort.

P.S. It would have been a 5 if Aaron had suffered a crippling accident. An opportunity missed.

timrivtimrivover 3 years ago

Had to end that way. Traci killed the marriage, she didn’t have anything to give her ex but bad memories. Rhonda was a fresh start for him. Almost like he was a widower as Traci died in his mind ten years earlier when she started the affair. Great story.

fisheronefisheroneover 3 years ago
Blind trust

This is a all to common occurrence with people who get busy with life and not each other. I see the first crack came from John not being present at her college activities. The second was her letting the enemy to get through armor. Third was lack of guilt and not being up front with John. But worse of all was college acceptance of an affair and all of her work knowing she was cheating on a great husband and her lover doing the same to his wife. Luckily John found a good one in the end. His ex found out the price was very high and will live with it from now on.

Omart57Omart57over 3 years ago
A very nice

story, Hooked! While I love your, BTB stories, this one is proof of how good a writer you are!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Good story - I would've liked more insight into what her paramour was thinking, but plot was still complete.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 3 years ago

Well done. 5 grateful stars.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 3 years ago

Happily ever after! Nice job. 5* from me.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"I wasn't planning on this at this point." - "At this point?" Does that mean that at some other point she was planning on leaving him?

/

"She truly loved Aaron, and while she didn't necessarily love John the way she had in the beginning, she believed she still had strong feelings for him." - She "truly loved Aaron," and has "strong feelings" for John, but doesn't see why they need to get divorced?

/

"I made a mistake. A mistake!" - It's not a "mistake" when you plan on continuing to do it!

/

"I guess this means that our plans just moved up," - So, she IS planning on leaving John, so much for figuring this out for all of us! She's just upset that he's screwing up their schedule.

/

I don't buy someone as selfish as Traci being so gracious.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why would he go back to fucking his whore ex?

Makes no sense, she's been fucking her work husband for 5 year's. Most likely bringing him home cream pies and he turns around and started baging her after the divorce? Why? There's millions of beautiful sext women in this world why in the world would a guy want to stick hi dick in his slutty ex? How could he still have feelings for her after 5 years of betrayal?

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 3 years ago

Good story, but I hated the part where John waited until his divorce was done before cluing in Aaron's wife. That is despicable. No high road there that he claimed he was taking. still a 5 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I was waiting for him to go after the University

I was waiting for him to go after the University

I enjoyed the story, I do like it when the better man acts like the better man but a little pain and suffering is fun to read as well. If the university knew about this affair for five years you should’ve gone after them for $1 million pay off

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 3 years ago

Aaron deserved some pain for his transgressions, he gets off with just a divorce from his wife - no recriminations. Also the university deserves some very bad press for allowing this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice variation of tried and true cheating wife story!

Full 4 ****

Only quibble: the getting back together with the ex. Given the circumstances of the breakup, that just didn’t make sense. She really was never sorry for her long term cheating, and supposedly he had figured out she never would be. So why dip back into that?

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
It happens

Very straight forward no bumps in the road. Does real life happen like that, no emotion, no anger, just move on and put 22 years in the rear view mirror. I think not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
"I guess this means that our plans just moved up," Aaron said.

That statement seems to imply that ending the marriages and marrying was the plan all along. However, you never really followed up on that, especially since you had her fight the divorce. The statement seems to make her, "I don't want a divorce" just one more lie.

<P>

While they did eventually marry -- and, yes, eventually divorce -- that marriage seems to be more a consequence John going ahead with the divorce and telling Aaron's wife about the affair and not a plan.

jsch1947jsch1947over 3 years ago

No, no, no, no and NO.

They are college employees, she's admin and he's a tenured professor. They have signed morality agreements. The Dean KNOWS.

Sue her for Adultry. Him for Alienation, ask 50% value of his house. Sue the college for laxness of their rules enforcement. Ask at least 7 digits.

They will both lose their jobs, they will be blocked forever from teaching. Both careers flushed. The Dean will be sanctioned. Possibly loss of his job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Trite And A Little Boring

Same ol', same ol'.... Nothing new in this story-this story has been posted on this site hundreds of times.

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago
Hell No, Hell NO!!

God, what a friendly cucky divorce. She fucked around on him for 5 FUCKING YEAR'S with everyone at the university knowing about it!!! Burn her, her lover, and the university to the ground.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Anonymous, Boring BTB

I have indeed given this story a well earned *5. You , and your ilk, seem to be intimately tuned in to my likes and dislikes. BTW, the descriptive word you’re trying to use is drivel. Dribble is what happens when you try to eat, drink beer, and talk to your mama at the same time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
It’s not unusual

It’s not terribly unusual to hook up with an ex while feelings are still raw and there’s an expectation that things could be different. However in my experience 41 years ago, leopards do not easily change their spots. Sometimes an old familiar piece of ass is a comfort. Sometimes it’s just a a piece of ass.

IndyOnIndyOnover 3 years ago

You, my friend are a great storyteller! I just wish you could write a little faster as my reading speed seems to be faster than your writing speed!! It seems that there are a lot of Traci's in your world that need to be spanked....sometimes I wish you would spank them a little harder.....just moving a little into the BTB world would be a good thing. Those of us that have had a Traci in our life just wish you would do what we wished we would have done.....a little revenge seems to make us feel a bit better.

Keep up the great work....but a little faster please...*GRIN*

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 3 years ago

Well written story, but since this wasn't a RAAC and hardly a BTB story, I have to agree with those who point out it really wasn't realistic.

Still, I enjoyed it and gave it a 4**** rating. Thanks for the read. cd

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 3 years ago

Pretty much the "Joe Friday" approach to storytelling.

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 3 years ago

Thanks for the fun read! Always look forward to your stories.

Killian

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Good little story but...

...just a small thing...he took th RED wine from the fridge!?! I thought you had a little more class than that Hooked. ..just kidding and thank you for your work.

KristieBechirKristieBechirover 3 years ago
Stop with the Alienation of affection stuff

JSch1947, stop getting all your “facts” from Literotica. Only 7 states still have alienation of affection laws, suits are rarely filed, and even more rarely won. And when they are won, it’s not a big payday. Also, the idea that employers pay out 7 figures to cheated on spouses because 2 employees have sex is a fantasy.

Impo_64Impo_64over 3 years ago

I have to agree with @jsch1947...What he said was in my mind al over the story,,,It had to have consequences in the University and to the Dean also...It was almost impossible for a Dean to accept their affair, that could jeapardize the name of the department and also of the school...And this little, but big issue turns the story down...so just 3*

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Anony wrote an alternate ending:

&quot;I said, in a very loud voice, &quot;I suppose it will come as no surprise when my lawsuit for failure to enforce the morals clauses, of your employment contract, is served on the University. You will all be deposed as to what you knew and for how long.&quot;

&quot;The Administration will also be deposed as to why they did not act in accordance with the employment contract conditions.&quot;&quot;

Does anyone seriously believe that any university has a 'morals clause' other than 'don't fuck students'?

So many LW articles have outraged husbands trying to sue employers over morals clauses, but how many employers actually have them?

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

"Maybe we just need to slow down a bit, John. I still love you. But I also love someone else. I don't see why we have to rush into a divorce," Traci said, trying to give John her most sincere look. "I don't see why you're making me the bad guy in this.

Ended the story for me right there.Maybe it got good, maybe it didn't but that was ridiculous I couldnt go on.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago

Sorry, jsch1947

Being a tenured faculty member almost anywhere means he makes more money than she does, but he has no supervisory role over her (unless he has a grant that is paying her salary... or he is also her department chairman.). Some higher-ed, like parochial colleges, MAY impose morality clauses. It IS possible to act so egregiously that one or both could be administratively censured (including fired). The principal problem in higher ed is faculty/student fraternization, but even there, assuming adulthood, the focus is in situations where a faculty member can impose pressure (such as grades) on a student.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
How colleges work

At a college, there is no prohibition preventing staff and faculty from forming a relationship. Staff and even most admin are neither.the boss nor the subordinate of faculty. Faculty and students ABSOLUTE no. An inherently unequal relationship with one member being an “impaired agent” (anyone incapable of making fully informed ethical decisions , like a two- year old or someone in a coma to pick two obvious examples. Absolutely ethically no.

A college may or may not be organized into schools. Schools or the college if there are no schools is always organized into academic departments, the “subjects” of research, practice, and study. A department is lead by a faculty member who is “chair;” a school has a Dean, who may or may not be a faculty member and a college has a provost.

Class dismissed.

As to the story, An interesting and thoughtful focus on the small everyday gesture and not the sun- going nova type if discovery.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 3 years ago
We all come with baggage.

And the older you are, the more you collect. So how is it hubby is able to land a hot, baggage free lady while his ex got shit? They both have baggage and honestly, finding love after 40 is like shifting through the garbage for the least rotten piece of trash.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Expected better

Dull and predictable. No real suspense or tension. This plot has been followed a thousand times before. I expected much better from this author.

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago
Suing The University

Many commenters have said it's no use to sue the university. Not true. It doesn't matter where your lawsuit against the university goes or even if you win something. It's the publicity that kills and a good lawyer will be sure to make it a very public lawsuit. While the husband may look bad also it's going to look much worst for all of the university players in the majority of the public eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What Traci realizes and feels doesn't matter.

After her first fling, she was already burning away her marriage. She was simply too smug to notice. With every subsequent affair meet-up, and with every emotional aspect to her affair was just another foot deeper she buried her already dead marriage.

Her husband DID know things were very different. He just was never invited to the funeral of their marriage. Her reasoning, her emotions, her anything matters not. She gave up on them ages ago, and her handling of his discovery proved it. She was still deep in denial. She can live a lonely life now because of her 'accidental' well planned out and documented affair of five years, and following re-marriage to affair partner after the fall-out. She never made a single mistake. The only mistake she actually made was believing her faithful husband would be okay with it.

jmmj5jmmj5over 3 years ago

5 stars.

Thanks H1957, I really enjoyed this. Not every story has to burn people to the ground. Sometimes the best course of action is simply moving on. Nice job.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"An alternate ending. Taken from when he saw the kiss." - Sigh. I don't often agree with ReedRichards, but you can't sure the college/business for "not enforce their employment contract/morals clause." Those things are between the employee and the business, and a third party has no standing to sue. If I make a deal with you, and I fail to live up to my part of the deal, YOU can sue me, nobody else can.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 3 years ago
Good well written 5* story

One thing I don't understand is why John would wait until his divorce to Traci went through the courts to inform Aaron's wife?

He knew he was going to tell her so why wait the several months letting Aaron's wife living in a imploding marriage?

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
FireFox59:

You have to have a legal basis on which to sue, and there really isn’t one. Universities and corporations tend to have rules about people in the direct chain of command copulating, but other than that, they really don’t want to get involved and don’t care.

Universities are hotbeds of sex, and they laugh at husbands who can’t keep their wives satisfied. That’s why the readers here are so concerned with the ‘disrespect’ shown by wives who cheat on them: they know it means people, even their friends, laughing at them.

Note that in most of these stories, the husbands who are good guys are always depicted as good in bed. Well, let’s face it: not every man is good in bed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I dunno...maybe it's just the mood I'm in this evening...but...

I've really enjoyed all your other stories, I've read!

Just something off about this one, though I can't quite put my finger on what...

It's well edited, well proofed, well written that way...No problems there at all...just as I've come to expect from your stories...

I think, maybe...it's likely to me, this story moved along too fast, and maybe that's why, it just seemed to me, that it read very jerking, very staccato, hesitant maybe is a more apt descriptor. Whatever! IMO, it surely didn't read easy and flowing.

The only other thing I noted, after reading this through twice, is that it was way too common a plot and theme, used here a lot, and from the start, seemed way too predictable to me.

The second I read where the wife worked...I knew where this story was headed and how it would end, and I wasn't very far off the mark, with my assumptions. Though the wife trying to keep and love both men, was a bit different twist.

Not saying this wasn't a well written story, that stuck tightly to your plot, because it's evident, you surely did all that. What I stated above, is me, 'just saying'...in general observation.

I will still keep looking for your next story submissions, and read them, when I see you wrote them! Thank you author!

njlaurennjlaurenover 3 years ago
Okay story

With some problems. Hubby finding out about his wife was reminiscent of 'When we were married' by DQS, it is how Bill Maitland finds out about Debbie,at a school event.

There is a fundamental problem with this story,he has Traci saying she loves two men, that she needs both,yet she says things implying she and Aaron have a timetable to leave their marriages, and she says things like ',I love aaron but I still have strong feelings for John' Strong feelings is not live,string feelings are you like someone a lot,are a good friend....and doesn't make sense. When the shit hits the fan she fights the divorce yet when she talks to Aaron she is immediately talking about her and him post divorce...it makes no sense,she basically seems to have decided she wanted Aaron a long time before this. The other thing is it is likely Aaron didn't want to marry Traci,he really wanted her as the other woman, he only married her bc his wife found out. I think Traci ultimately finds out that her work marriage is like babysitting grand kids, at the end of the day you dump them off on other people,you get 2 hours of fun,the parents or spouse get 22hrs of real life.

John avoiding his daughters stuff makes no sense,the story paints him as a family man yet he does that to his daughter? I find the end a bit weird,somehow I don't think Traci is going to push John to marry Rhonda like that or the old friends,would be too awkward. Thing is,not sure if Traci ever reconciled her feelings about John, even after her split from Aaron.

As far as the school goes a lawsuit wouldn't work, the only person who could sue would be Traci if Aaron had used power over her to coerce sex,but in this case be had no power over her. If John raised a stink the university would laugh, if two people working for the school had an affair,they are adults, and they have no recourse against them. A religious school perhaps,but a university? No way, and who would report it?

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 3 years ago
Desideratum Delirium : Wife Had an Enviable 5 Year Run of ' Having It All' Until She Got Feckless w/ PDA

This was pretty much a cookie cutter morality and karma scales balancing but there were some definite nuances that gives story some extra heft. Hooked1957 did very nice job of depicting Traci as a deluded but not malicious woman who can't quite fathom why her stick in the mud hubby is ready to abandon her platinum pussy ( or so she thought). Traci had a dynasty run of winning on multiple levels on both home front and workplace.

But at the end she was neglecting John which in his effort to reaffirm their marriage inadvertently led to discovery of her extramarital escapades. My one qualm is John really didn't seem to have charisma to attract cream of crop femininity but overall I like how Hooked1957 avoided extremes in terms of resolution.

Ergo the obvious score

Full marks *****

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago
Language is a bit stilted

There are some inconsistencies in the story, such as why would the father stay away from his daughter's engagement party and other gatherings simply because his ex-wife is there? The daughter certainly did not seem to be taking her mother's side.

The language does not flow smoothly, but is stilted. Too many declarative sentences. But, story was believable (as apparently references to a lawsui9t were removed), and was sort of interesting, with a good ending.

DearfieldDearfieldover 3 years ago
Good enough

I see similarities to other stories such as DQS, Slip of the tongue,& WWWM. But the author added a new twist,good fictional story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@njlauren, even a religious school might have a problem with the adulterers, but again, it would be between the school and them, John has no standing with the school.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I'm about to be very shallow, but a guy as good looking and popular with the ladies as he was described, with no kids at home and a good job to complete the package, wouldn't need to settle for a 50 year old divorcee. He could easily find a great woman ten years younger than that who was very eager for him in the current dating market.

KingBandorKingBandorover 3 years ago

In the middle, it felt very stiff, like you had a dry spell. It came across like: she did this, then she did that... very news-like. It wasn't the whole story. If you had read it out loud, I think you would have caught it.

Overall, not bad. I expected some reference back to the soft touch and kiss she had given Aaron at the awards dinner, during her speech at the end.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Pleased

Pleased,he didn't take Track back.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 3 years ago

Not bad.

A good idea, but it lacked flavour, a bit.

A little more salt maybe?

4 out of 5 from me.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Some said “Average”

I’d say average for Hooked1957, which is a good deal above average for all of LitO.

Needed some more emotions in one way or another to make above average for H1957. And it was a little bit dry in the middle, though I only noticed it once it was pointed put to me by KingB. I knew it wasn’t quite right, but on first read I didn’t know what, it didn’t jump out at me. KingB nailed it.

Still, 4-stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story

Very plausible and realistic. Because of this, it left me with a feeling of melancholy at the end. I suppose it’s because I prefer people’s reconciliations, but realize that they are not always possible. Four stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Need some payback

How about suing Aaron and the English dept. that effectively supported the cheating?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
hmm

Pretty much any guy, would have burned her lover to the ground.

sue the school, sue the dean, advertise what the school condones, etc.

Oh yes.

The wife, she was a slut and probably had been a serial cheater.

5 years, yup thats a slut.

knoxhardknoxhardover 3 years ago
Commenters -- Stop with the lawsuit nonsense!

Please stop with the comments complaining that he doesn't sue the university. He would have no case. NONE. The ridiculous lawsuit for failure to uphold rules has become so accepted in the make believe world of Loving Wives stories that we not only read it in stories far too often, but even see it demanded in the comments. Cheated spouses are not intended beneficiaries of such rules. There simply is no such claim.

STOP. In my best Chris Farley voice --" For the love of God .... please stop!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

#### Five F=en years of deceit and contempt , and she gets a free ride , he talks to her in the first person ' why?' " He deserves what he received and more for being a fool" Where do they find these writers (Promoting this imbecilic un-principled) text / . When he found out how long every one had accepted ( This affair ) as acceptable in -house practice I would have sued the University had them fired /Threw her ass out of the house/ burned every thing that she owned or revered / The wedding come-on ass/ hole supreme / and he danced with her wow gag me.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 3 years ago

Damn, Annie, you finna have a stroke there. Your hands shaking until you can't type! Chill, dude. Take some deep breaths, spark you up a blunt and put your feet up. Pet your dog, I hear that lowers blood pressure.

The old "I would have..." No, sorry, you would not have... Life is not quite like your fantasy. In life, no attorney would file your ridiculous lawsuit, you are not allowed, by law, to "throw anyone's ass out the house," burning her belongings lands you in jail, and not going to your daughter's wedding? You a real upstanding father there, dude.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"she knew it was out of character for him to be rude and not call." - Ooh, he was rude! Hey, it's not like he had a five-year long affair, with no intention of ending it or anything!

/

"I love you both. I truly do." - She LOVES Aaron, she has "strong feelings"for John.

/

"You don't show up at family events. You even stayed away from Katie's engagement party. - The kids obviously know that he doesn't want to socialize with her. If they want him there, the need to tell her that she can't come.

/

I don't buy him dating,le t alone sleeping with Traci, and I CERTAINLY don't buy her being so gracious about Rhonda. She was obviously to selfish for that.

/

I know it's a moot point, but IF she had wanted to save the marriage, I would ha three non-negotiable conditions: 1) Either quit her job, or as she did, transfer out of the department. 2) Absolutely NO contact with Aaron - no calls, texts, emails, snail mails, PERIOD. 3) They go to Aaron's wife and confess to her.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

Very good, not the big dramatic revenge thing, don't get me wrong I like those to. I'm a sucker for happy endings. I had a cheating wife but we ended it amicably and we both moved on. I was wondering though, there is this whole 'Loving Wives' section LIT. Does that mean the woman do a lot more cheating than the men? There ain't no 'Loving Husbands' section maybe cause just us guys read these things?? Just a thought, keep writn'.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 3 years ago

Second read, enjoyed this just as much, great story handled with just the right gentle touch as the first and last kiss. Excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Admirable

Now that’s how estranged people should act , courteous, kind , and genuinely caring ! Too bad it very rarely happens that way ! After many years with my second wife , we were able to have decent conversations with my ex and her current husband whenever we find ourselves together at one of our children’s ( we had two , my ex and I , and I’ve two with my current wife ) , functions . It’s so much more relaxing and enjoyable to have decent conversations without negativity , accusations , expectations or other detrimental innuendos ! Thank God for small miracles . Lol

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 3 years ago

Was this meant to make him feel better:

"Love is not in the kisses hot enough to melt steel; it's in the comfortable, soft ones."

Sure sounds like she's saying the kisses with Aaron were the former type...

Funny that it only took months of being Aaron's real wife to do what five+ years didn't.

BeauReadyBeauReadyabout 3 years ago
Amazes Me!

I have had many relationships over the last 99 years, some short in duration, some lasting a decade. Most break-ups were for cause - catching the lady test driving a new beau while still hanging on to the old one, before jumping. Cheating. A few were amiable. But whatever the situation, once the decision was made by either her or me or mutually, that woman became a part of the past. And dead to me. No further contact or meetings or calls - or thoughts. The heart hardened, feelings exorcised, the past buried.

Never reconnect, on any level.

,

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous