A Lady, A Horse and an ex-Marine

Story Info
Erin's nude sunbathing leads to interesting adventure.
13.1k words
4.72
39.1k
28
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PickFiction
PickFiction
1,427 Followers

All of my writing is fiction and the stories and characters are all products of my imagination. They were created for my fun and, hopefully, your enjoyment. Some of the events in the stories are not particularly condoned nor encouraged by the author but are there to create and enhance the story of the imaginary characters and their lives. Comments are always encouraged and carefully reviewed. Enjoy!

*****

Erin stretched, her arms high above her head, as she squinted through sleepy eyes at her bedroom window where the sun was just peeping above the horizon, announcing that it was after 6:00 am and time for her to look after Abby. She slowly swung herself out of the bed and headed for the bathroom where she brushed her teeth, then headed for the shower. She stopped as she remembered that she was going to do some work today so she decided she'd shower later. She did quickly wash her face, then headed back to the bedroom where she slipped off her shorty pajamas and slipped into a pair of shorts and an old t-shirt. She quickly tied her hair into a pony tail and put on the old western boots that stood at the end of the bed. Then she was down the hall, through the kitchen and out the back door heading for the familiar barn where she started each day.

She swung the door of the barn open and poked her head through the crack, a game she played every morning. Sure enough, Abby was looking right at her and gave that little snort that said she was happy to see Erin. She stepped quickly inside and gave Abby a couple of rubs on her long nose. She went to the hook on the wall and took down the pick, feeling a little guilty about last night. Abby had been in the field all day yesterday and, when Erin was very late getting home, hadn't had her hoofs checked and picked. She hoped that Abby hadn't picked up a stone during the day. She went to Abby's front leg, bent and felt it just a little above the hoof. She moved her hand slightly and felt the strong pulse there that always gave her a feeling of assurance. She tapped the shoulder and the horse angled her hoof forward, knowing what was coming. Erin lifted the hoof, braced the leg against her knee and picked the accumulated mud and grass out of the hoof, careful to clean around the frog and checking it for any kind of peeling or other damage. Then to the other front leg with the same procedure, Abby now turning her head to watch, anxious for her morning ride and run. The back legs followed the same process, the accumulated mud picked and tossed aside. As she finished, Erin felt a little better that she had not found any stones that might have caused Abby some discomfort.

Now she groomed Abby just a little as she really seemed to enjoy that. She had gotten Abby about four years ago, on the day before her parents were killed in the automobile accident. Abby had been her "rescue horse" helping her get through that tragic time, seeming to sense that Erin needed love and companionship, being energetic and nuzzling Erin whenever she got close. It had developed a special bond between them that Erin treasured. She had inherited the farm and a rather sizeable amount of money that she had never dreamed her parents had been able to save so she was able to live comfortably and to enjoy working as a helper at the veterinarian's office in town. She was pleased to find that Abby had been trained on both English and Western saddles and she had each, varying them depending on what kind of a ride she wanted. And, for this Sunday morning, she had decided on the English saddle.

When Abby had been suitable groomed, she got the saddle, tossed the girth over the top of the saddle and slid the stirrups up the leathers. She liked the square pads better than the contoured ones so she put the bright orange one on Abby's back, then lifted the saddle onto her withers, sliding it back till it was comfortably in place. She pulled the girth down so it was hanging free, then went to the other side and fastened it securely, the marks from previous fastenings making it easy to do. She grabbed her helmet from the shelf close by. "You ready to go, Abby?" A snort and a shake of the head told her Abby was more than ready. Although her shorts and t-shirt and particularly the cowboy boots didn't quite match the English saddle, she was ready to go and, since this wasn't a competition or a run with the hounds, she couldn't care less how she looked. She pulled the stirrups down, stuck a boot in the left one and swung herself onto Abby's back. A quick push of her hand under the girth told her it was just right and, taking the reins, she swung Abby toward the door and they were off.

Out in the sunlight, Abby's black coat seemed to glisten, the muscles in her shoulders rippling as she pranced through the grass of the large field where, later today, she would graze to her heart's content. Erin had been fascinated on the day she first saw her that her left front and right rear legs had a white sock, the only variation from the rich black color or the rest of her body. Erin hadn't planned on a long ride today, thus the English saddle but she loved to ride and Abby seemed to love being ridden. They trotted in a large circle, then cantered along the fence, heading for the woods at the back of the field. Abby seemed to look longingly at the gate that led out into the state park where they went for the longer rides but it was not to be today.

As they rode, the warm air, the sunshine and the steady gait of the horse caused Erin's mind to drift, and it drifted back to last night, to the dinner and drinks with some friends and her being introduced to Sean, which was a total surprise. Not her normal type of guy, an ex-marine with the buzz haircut of his blond hair, the blue eyes that seemed to be constantly twinkling and the obviously very muscular body hiding beneath the casual but very colorful clothes. She was more often drawn to the quiet, thoughtful type with the dark hair and eyes. But, as the evening progressed, and more glasses of wine were consumed, she was surprised at how thoughtful and obviously very bright, he was. And, she could easily tell that he found her equally attractive as he seemed to be always close to wherever she was. She didn't remember much about that last part of the night and she was aware now that she certainly shouldn't have driven herself home after all the vino she had consumed. Fortunately, it was only about five miles of nearly straight road with only two turns and she had made it with no mishaps. But, that picture of Sean was fixed in her mind and wasn't about to go away so she hoped to see him again soon, hoping to learn more about him and to see if the guy she talked to last night was the real Sean.

Now, they were at the woods as Erin's mind snapped back to the present and Abby, seeing that they were at the spot where that special path entered the trees knew exactly what to do. Erin relaxed the reins totally and let Abby have her head, as she had gotten used to doing. She was prancing now, around one tree, then back the other direction and around the next. Erin knew that many riders don't like prancing horses but she loved it when Abby pranced, almost like showing off. Back and forth around the trees she went, following that path she had learned from Erin's leading. Then they were close to the end of the woods and both knew what was next. As she left the woods, Abby whinnied and broke into a hard gallop heading straight for the barn. Erin sat straight in the saddle, loving the feel of the wind and the sound of the hooves. Almost to the barn, she settled down, slowing to a walk and then stopping by the barn door to a few warm pats on the neck from Erin as she dismounted. Quickly, the saddle and pad were off, a toweled rub and then a little more grooming.

The pick was out again, and all four hooves were cleaned and Abby was out in the field to graze for the rest of the day. Erin never stopped marveling that an animal as big and beautiful as Abby could stay that way on mostly grass and hay in the winter. She made sure the water trough was full, moved some bales of hay which, in the heat soon had perspiration dripping from her nose and chin. At last that was done and she headed for the chaise lounge in the shade of the maple tree. As she usually did after working in the heat, she pulled off the soaked t-shirt and stretched out on the lounge, her 36-C's feeling the slight breeze that was blowing. With the lateness of last night and the early rising today, she felt herself drifting off, not unusual for Sunday morning.

She was nearly asleep when she thought she heard a noise and sat up in the lounge. She looked around, screamed and threw her arms across her chest. There was someone standing there looking at her. A second look from her showed that it was Sean, from last night.

"How long have you been standing there?" she said, her voice about an octave above normal.

"Long enough," he answered, those blue eyes twinkling at her.

"Why didn't you make some noise, so I'd know you were there?"

"You looked like you were sleeping and I hated to disturb you." That big, fascinating smile he had was having its effect.

"So, you just stood there, gawking at my boobs," she added, not sure whether to be angry, ashamed or just what.

"Lady, they're very gawkable, if you don't mind my saying so."

She stood up, arms still across her chest, trying to decide what to do as his eye kept twinkling at her and causing some thoughts she wished she wasn't having. She wasn't about to put on that soggy shirt but there was nothing else close at hand to put on. But, she couldn't stand there for the rest of the day with her arms across her chest either. She did want to find out more about Sean, but was this the way to do it? He had, after all, already had a pretty thorough view of her breasts for lord only knows how long. So, she decided. She dropped her arms and gave him a second view.

"If you don't mind," she said, "I'm going in and get another shirt. There's just something about standing here like this that doesn't seem quite right, for now." She took a step and then stopped. "Can I get you a coke or glass of water or something?"

"I'd love a coke," he said and she noticed that he was looking her straight in the eye.

Inside she grabbed another t-shirt, deciding that putting on a bra was silly at this point. She got two cokes and headed back outside, wondering if her cheeks had been pink during any of this encounter. She couldn't remember feeling any heat and was puzzled by that. Sean had taken the liberty of pulling up a chair beside the chaise lounge and was seated there, gazing around the farm.

"Beautiful horse," he said, gesturing out toward the pasture.

"Thanks. She's a mix of Hanoverian with Argentinian thoroughbred. I stumbled across her at an equestrian stable about 100 miles from here and she just won my heart immediately. She's been about the best thing that ever happened to me. I love her more than anyone should love an animal but I wouldn't have it any other way." She was looking out toward Abby but could tell that Sean was watching her. She turned to look at him and his head was cocked to the side, a half-smile on his face and he was shaking his head very gently. "Are you an animal person?" she instinctively asked.

"Very much so," was his quick reply, the little smile still there. She wondered what he was thinking about her but was sure that it was good and complimentary. "Would your horse put up with me being close to her?"

"She's Abby and I know she would. Are you used to being around horses?"

"Not at all but I have had a dream for a long time about having a horse. They're so majestic and, well, just plain beautiful as far as I'm concerned, and I'd love to have one."

"Come on," she said, holding her hand out to him. "Let's go introduce you two." He took her hand and stood up and she wasn't sure whether to keep holding on or to let loose but she quickly realized that he wasn't giving her that choice. They walked that way to the gate where he let go of her hand so she could open the gate. She held onto the gate with both hands as he went in, her right behind him as she closed the gate. She whistled and Abby's head came up and without hesitation she trotted toward the two of them. She stopped in front of Erin and seemed to be looking suspiciously at Sean. Erin took his hand in hers and put it alongside Abby's face. "This is Sean," she said, and he patted Abby very gently as he began speaking softly to her. Erin stepped back and watched him as he talked to her, rubbing her nose as he spoke. Abby seemed to be enjoying it and she watched Sean carefully and could tell that he was loving every moment of being close to Abby. She couldn't help but smile as she particularly found a place in her heart for those who really seemed to love animals. And Sean seemed to be fitting right into that slot.

He glanced over at her. "What-da-ya think?" he asked, still stroking Abby's nose.

"I think she likes you." A huge smile crossed Sean's face. That gorgeous smile along with those sparkling blue eyes and the well-muscled arms she was noticing now, not vulgarly muscular like the body builders but just well-defined and fit looking, were quickly swallowing her up even though she had never imagined that anything like that could happen to her. But, even Abby liked him so how could she lose?

"Even though I don't know a lot about horses, this one is fantastic," he said, glancing back and forth from Abby to Erin. "Do you ride her a lot?"

"Almost every day. She actually loves to be ridden." She saw Sean's questioning eyes searching hers. Why not she thought. "Do you ride?"

"I've ridden," he answered rather sheepishly. "A couple of times," he added for clarification.

Erin had to smile at that. "Would you like to ride Abby?"

"Oh shit," he said quickly, then another sheepish look. "Sorry, and I'd love to if I could. Will she let me ride her?" he stumbled, "I mean I don't know that much about them."

Erin felt like she'd like to give him a little hug of reassurance, not sure at all why she felt that way but, never-the-less, she did. She looked up at Abby. "You want to give this guy a ride?" Abby shook her head and Sean jumped backward. "I think she understands the word "ride" so she's ready." Erin couldn't believe the excitement she saw on Sean's face. They went quickly to the barn, Erin deciding that a Western saddle would be more appropriate for Sean. She threw on the pad, the saddle, cinched it tight and put a bridle on Abby with no bit. She knew that Abby would be good with Sean. She seemed to have a sense about who was riding her. She helped Sean climb up, then led Abby out into the field. "She's all yours," she gestured to Sean who was smiling broadly and he and Abby went off at a slow walk. She saw him use the heels of the sneakers he was wearing to nudge the horse's ribs and Abby began a gentle trot. She trotted down the side of the field until she came to the woods, turned short there and was across in front of all the trees, then along the other side fence until, minutes later, she was back at the barn and stopped beside Erin.

Sean climbed down. "Thank you," he said very sincerely. "That was great."

Erin unsaddled Abby and handed the grooming brush to Sean who actually seemed to know what he was doing. He brushed for several minutes until Erin finally said she thought that was enough. A few more pats on the nose from Sean and Abby headed out into the field to continue her grazing.

"I came out here to visit with a special lady and, lo and behold, I got to visit with two special ladies." Somehow, his saying that reminded Erin of something she had nearly forgotten already, that he had seen her topless and she was a little surprised that the remembrance of that didn't upset her at all. They walked back to the two chairs, him thanking her again for letting him ride Abby.

They sat and talked, sharing things about themselves that they thought the other might be interested in. Sean had lived in Ohio most of his life, not too far from where he was now. Of course, Erin had spent her entire life here on the farm with her parents. He noted that he still lived with his parents simply because he knew they would not be around forever and he wanted the chance to share time with them while he could. He noticed the look that crossed Erin's face when he said that.

"I'm sorry," he said, leaning forward toward her. "I can only imagine how hard that must have been."

She took a deep breath but didn't say anything.

They talked more and he mentioned something about Annapolis and the gears of her brain began to whir. "So," she asked, "did you go on to college then?"

"Yes, ma'am, I did," was his soft reply.

She smiled at him. "And where was that college located?"

"In Annapolis," came the slightly hesitant answer.

So, her big marine that she had thought was just a grunt was a graduate of the Naval Academy. "The Naval Academy?"

"Yes, ma'am. I was very fortunate to get an appointment."

"Since I don't know much about ranks or anything, tell me what your rank was there."

"I was just a First Lieutenant."

"That sounds impressive. Is that a high rank there?"

"Not at all, ma'am."

"If we are going to sit here and talk like this, you need to call me Erin, and not ma'am, okay."

That big smile again and those blue eyes.

"My pleasure."

"So, if you graduated from Navy, are you still in the Navy."

"Nope, not now." She looked at him questioningly so he continued. "I served my five years, was a First Lieutenant and doing very well. But," and he paused, "I just didn't like it. While I was in I saved and invested and was kind of lucky with a couple of things and ended up with some money. So, I was discharged, came home to no-where's-ville, and that's not a derogatory name at all, and decided to take some time off, so I wouldn't make, well, another mistake with my life."

"Wow," was about all she could think to say at the moment and was not ready for what he said next either.

"Can I take you to dinner tonight, to pay back a little for the horseback ride and your kindness. provided of course, you don't have other plans.

Looking into those blue eyes and dazzled by that smile, how could she refuse, even if she had had some other plans for the evening. "Sure, I'd love that," she said, "but the horseback ride was for you and Abby and no need to pay me back." She obviously liked you and was happy to take you for a ride." And, it was becoming clear in her own mind that it was not just Abby that liked him. He just had that very appealing aura about him that was hard to resist.

"The field is perfect for you and Abby, and I bet you ride in those woods too. The whole setting is just very lovely."

She was taken a little aback by the last comment and she really considered "lovely" to be a rather feminine term but there was absolutely nothing feminine about Sean.

Surprising her again, he thrust his hand toward her. "Sean Hanaford," he said very distinctly.

"Erin Rockford," she replied taking his hand with him holding it for long seconds.

"Dress very casually tonight, if you will please, as I have something very special in store. Her eyes now had a definite questioning look. Another huge smile from him. "You'll just have to trust me," he said. We plebes are very trustworthy."

"I think I believe you," she said as he stood up.

"So nice to see you today," he said very innocently to her slightly reddening cheeks. He closed his eyes. "Poor choice," he said. "Sorry."

Now it was her turn to smile. "You were a gentleman, if indeed a gawker as well. But, my fault for sure."

"Thank you, and no fault at all," he said. "I'll pick you up at 5:30 if that's not too early."

"I'll be ready," she said. She followed him around the house to his car, a rather sleek looking Corvette that she had no idea what year it might be.

PickFiction
PickFiction
1,427 Followers