All Comments on 'A Little Character Building'

by SabrinaGLangton

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So Hector would be in jail and why would he tell his girlfriend ANYTHING? Dumber than a stump.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I thought this was just brilliant. I didn’t expect the ending which made me almost cheer that Lita got no satisfaction out of being the cruel selfish egotistical bitch she went through life showing everyone she is. I will be reading this whenever I need something to lift my spirit and my mood. Thank you so much for writing and posting it.

SomaSlaveSomaSlaveover 1 year ago

This is a wonderful story: almost a rom-com. The ending was a neat twist, with enough clues in the story that folks should see it coming. I have only the tiniest nit to pick, but it's a pet peeve of mine: there's no such word as 'alright,' but, otherwise, the story is all right.

SilkeeSmoothSilkeeSmoothover 1 year ago

I loved this, the surprise ending was perfect and I could just imagine Lita's face. 'But DAD?!'

Cristal_di_CantaCristal_di_Cantaover 1 year ago

A very enjoyable tale that, as always, explores gender issues in a romantic and lovely way. They do always say, if you want to know the future wife, look at the mother.

SabrinaGLangtonSabrinaGLangtonover 1 year agoAuthor

Thanks, Anonymous number 1 for reading. I going to guess Hector's girlfriend spied the address off of his calendar and followed him, I wasn't there so I am just guessing...ha...

SabrinaGLangtonSabrinaGLangtonover 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you the nicer Anonymous number 2. I was nervous about this story, I have gotten readers angry at me for having vicious and mean wives in my story before but I realize a girlfriend is a whole 'other thing. Oh and usually the wives that show up are pleasant and well-read, ha thanks for reading.

SabrinaGLangtonSabrinaGLangtonover 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you Soma, I wanted to tell a story that was almost all recollection, being told by our heroine, like a secret history. It was harder than I thought. Thanks for reading...

SabrinaGLangtonSabrinaGLangtonover 1 year agoAuthor

Thanks, Silkee, I love the idea that it was the father's idea to have our heroine date Lita, he was the one that was forcing the 'Character Building' on the two of them. I hope we learn from the explanation and recollections that the father wanted Lita to pick up some of Wendy's friendliness. Thanks for reading...

SabrinaGLangtonSabrinaGLangtonover 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you Cristal, love that about the mother, I wish I put that as the last line in the story... Thanks for reading.

EdeyEdeyabout 1 year ago

I finally had some time to read your story and loved it! What I like is the respectful nature of interactions between your main characters and the attention to details. I crave that in stories. You never failed to delivered a story fitting my taste, thank you for another nice one! 5 *****

SabrinaGLangtonSabrinaGLangtonabout 1 year agoAuthor

Thanks, eraj, I love how Wendy meets these men and they become her friends for life. I notice that most of my stories end with these big get-togethers or parties at the end of them, I have to come up with something different, ha. Thanks for reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Gag me with a spoon.

EdeyEdeyabout 1 year ago

I know exactly what you mean, I also have favorite themes in my stories. I mostly write stories in college setting, characters are 19-22 years old and many are programmers (or chose Computer Science major);D I really need to change something, but I kinda love it... So it's hard :)

VickydeeUKVickydeeUKabout 1 month ago

I loved this story and the ending was OMG just brilliant, so unexpected... I loved it. Thanks for sharing.

SabrinaGLangtonSabrinaGLangtonabout 1 month agoAuthor

Thank you Vicky for reading... It is crazy that I held onto this story for so long before publishing, I thought it had too much sex, ha... like that is a bad thing here on LIT... Thanks again...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSabrinaGLangton@SabrinaGLangton
580 Followers
Summer is over... back to regularly scheduled programming Hi, Sabrina here, I love to answer questions or comments from anyone interested in my writing, so send me messages. I want to feel like I am involved. I really don't know how to describe myself. I am transgender, mat...