A Little Chistmas Magic

Story Info
Cattie and her husband have their sex lives revitalised.
13.5k words
4.78
8.9k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Before Dinner Drinks

Christmas was supposed to be a time for families. A magical time. Well, there was precious little magic in this house. If it weren't for the children, the festive season would just be as dreary as the rest of December. A perfect reflection of what my life had become.

Even as I looked to the one bright spot of the week Brian was being his usual disparaging self and taking little interest.

It was alright for him. He'd had all day to sort himself out. It was me that'd been doing the running around taking Ava and Mia to my sister. Gabby had agreed to babysit for the night. She was ten years younger than me and only recently married. They were trying for children but she wasn't there yet so loved having our kids over so they could experience being a family for a short while.

"Why are we even going to this thing anyway?" Brian complained.

"Because we were invited and it'd be rude to just say no.

And I want to go."

"For fuck sake. We don't even know them. What's their name's again?"

"That's why we're going.

And I told you. Sarah and Jason.

Now get dressed. And not your bloody jeans. At least put a jacket on and look respectable."

"Why? It's not work."

"It's a dinner party. She said dress smartly."

He looked at my red dress lying on the bed.

"That why you're dressing for cocktails at the palace?

I was making an effort and he couldn't even show a little enthusiasm. Was it too much to ask?

"Fuck you."

"Catty by name. Catty by nature."

I ignored him and undressed. Any other man would be looking as I pulled a thong onto my naked body. Who wouldn't look at my tits as they swung beneath my bent forward frame? Not Brian. It'd been a long while since I'd held any real interest for him. I hadn't piled on the pounds or allowed gravity to pull everything south. I still looked good. I still wanted sex. So why was he so indifferent?

I pulled the dress up and checked its fit in the mirror. Yeah. I did look good. Especially my tits. I wondered if the low top was a mistake. Then looking at my disinterested husband I decided it was fine. Perhaps Jason would be more appreciative. I brushed an errant strand of hair away from my face and gave my makeup a final once-over. It passed the check.

"Can we at least keep it civil tonight." I asked.

Seemed we were forever destined to bicker these days. I suppose that's what fifteen years of marriage achieved. I'd just prefer it if we didn't do it with an audience.

"Whatever.

Does this Jason play golf?"

"No idea. Try conversation. Amazing thing, conversation. You can find out loads."

Bloody golf. Hitting balls with a stick. I glanced at him as he finally pulled on some decent trousers with a sudden urge to beat his balls with a stick.

"I bet you any money you like we're overdressed." He complained again.

"And shouldn't we be taking something? A bottle?"

"No. Sarah expressly banned me from offering anything. We'll pay them back by inviting them here in the new year.

I checked my tits were sitting right for the final time with a gentle lift and hunted for my shoes.

"He'd better be a golfer then." Brian muttered.

"Ready?"

I checked him over. He looked good when he dressed up. He had the right shape for a well-fitting jacket. In a suit, he looked like a regular James Bond. Shame he didn't have the same libido.

"Yes. Let's go."

Walking on the fresh snow came with a satisfying crunch underfoot. This had been the first white Christmas I remembered seeing. Most of it had fallen on Christmas Eve and remained frozen since. Apart from a few car tracks and evidence of children's play, our quiet road had remained a winter wonderland. Even the trees and guttering on the houses sported real icicles amongst the array of flickering lights.

We only had to cross the road and walking carefully kept the snowy covering from marking my shoes.

"Still not sure how we got invited." Brian mumbled as we crossed the road.

"I told you. I was just talking to Sarah and she insisted.

Play nice. They're new to the road and want to make friends. Sarah's nice and I'm sure Jason will be too. It'll be good to have some new friends."

"I was happy with old Mrs Ward. She doesn't bother me."

"She's seventy-something. Her idea of a dinner party would be cucumber sandwiches and a game of charades."

"And what's wrong with that? I like charades."

I could tell. Our marriage had become one.

"Sush.

You'll like them."

I reached up to the bell next to their nice shiny new front door. I knew a lot of work had gone on at their house in a short space of time but I hadn't seen that being fitted. Sarah had been very nice. I hoped Jason was similar. And even more, I hoped Brian would hit it off with them.

Sarah almost flung the door back as she greeted us with all the warmth and joy of Christmas itself.

"Hi. Come in." She was grinning excitedly.

As I wiped my feet I glanced with satisfaction at Brian seeing Sarah's long evening gown. I was vindicated.

Sarah had chosen black to go with her long straight hair. Sophisticated. And in true womanly style, she was looking me up and down to check out her competition.

"You look fabulous. Absolutely love that dress." She said approvingly.

"Thank you. Not too low is it?" I asked looking down at the mounds of creamy white flesh pushing up toward my eyes.

"No. If you've got it, flaunt it."

Sarah held her hands out wide pushing her own not ungenerous display forward.

"Love a low-cut top. Feels daring. And a little eighteen century.

Now come through and meet Jason."

Her hand brushed over my hip and I felt rather good about myself.

I was jealous of her tits if I was honest. They rose like two milky globes out of that dress. Much bigger than mine and accentuated even more by her slender frame. A fact I didn't doubt had escaped Brian's notice. He might not be as enthusiastic to touch me these days but he was still a fully functioning male. I knew that from hearing him in the bathroom and the odd occasion he did get it up. Usually after watching porn on his phone thinking I didn't know.

"This is Jason." Sarah introduced her husband as he stepped from behind to greet us. He was a bit of a looker. I couldn't exactly miss that.

Brian stepped forward and shook his hand.

"Brian." He said announcing himself.

"Hi." I said with a smile before glancing around the front room.

The house was very different to the last time I'd seen it. No more flowery wallpaper and carpets. The dark old-fashioned furniture was gone. Now it was a vibrant space. Dark blue walls and light oak furniture. The floorboards were dark and polished to a shine with a modern rug laid between two gold fabric sofas.

Flowers adorned the sideboard in a vase in a flayed display of Christmasy colours

"Your house is gorgeous. A complete transformation."

"A lot of late nights decorating."

Jason offered.

"Oh my god."

I saw the kitchen beyond the dining table. The dividing wall had gone, replaced by an island illuminated by pendant lighting. And the kitchen itself was now an oasis of deep blue base cupboards, crisp white walls and cream wall cupboards. It was massive, pushing back into the rear extension.

"That's amazing. And you've done all this in four weeks?

It's so open."

Jason held his hands up.

"I did have help I admit. We had fitters in. The decoration and floors are our work. The rest is tradesmen."

"It's still amazing.

Takes Brian a week to put a shelf up."

Brian didn't argue. I think he was a little shamed by what he was seeing. And so he should be. Our home was comfortable but it lacked the panache of Sarah's. I guess two children piling toys in every corner didn't help.

"It was a hard slog to be ready for Christmas." Sarah chipped in as she hung onto Jason's arm to look like the perfect charming couple.

"Only decorated the tree on Christmas Eve."

That was a dazzling display as well. It stood in the bay window. With the gold star, it reached to within an inch of the ceiling and filled the room with the natural smell of pine. Red, green and blue lights twinkled from amongst the lush branches laden with Victorian-style baubles. White garland wrapped around it completing the look.

"I read the branches and greenery represent immorality." Sarah said with a smirk.

"Really?

I thought it would have been something religious."

"It's to do with the crown of thorns and the crucifixion. Perhaps it should have been an Easter tree."

She shrugged.

"Only know what I read."

"I just like a tree. Don't care what it represents." I said smiling.

Sarah let go of her husband and straightened up. She clapped her hands as if she were the ringmaster in a circus.

"So who wants cocktails?

And take a seat. Make yourselves at home."

Jason had the job of mixing the drinks which he did with all the knowledge of an experienced bartender.

"Misspent youth." He smiled handing me something called a Vanilla Cold Brew Nog.

It looked more like a Ben and Jerry's ice cream at first look. Tasted bloody gorgeous though.

"Wow."

I'm not sure how Sarah managed it. Cooking and being the host all at the same time. She seemed to have a natural talent for being in two places at once. The open kitchen with its colossal island helped but even so. I'd have been far too busy fussing over dinner to make conversation.

Brian did seem to hit it off with Jason which was a bonus. And much to my disdain, he was a golfer. At least they had something in common.

"The boys are happy.

They're talking about golf."

"So you're a golf widow as well then." Sarah laughed.

"Yep. Every Sunday. I'm left with the kids while he's out at the club."

"Same. Only without the kids. Obviously. I quite like it. I get to cock Sunday dinner in peace."

"Talking of dinner. What can I do to help?"

"Nothing. You're a guest. And I really do love cooking."

"Are you sure?" I felt guilty doing nothing.

"Absolutely. Sorry. I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to the kitchen. But you can stay there and talk to me while I do my thing."

"Er... okay."

I liked Sarah. I liked her a lot. She'd captured my attention on our first meeting. As my stomach grumbled with hunger, tormented by the wafting smells of her cooking and the promise of its tasty delights, I found my feelings being reinforced. Somehow she just instilled trust and inspired me to be more like her.

"Love your hair by the way. Is it natural?"

I didn't massively like receiving compliments as I always struggled to know how to accept them, but I did like that someone might want to give them. I ran my fingers through the strands of fair hair and smiled with a little subdued pride.

"Fairly. The wave is natural. So's the colour, sort of. I do give it a little help with a dye these days. A few greys have appeared."

"Oh tell me about it. I was plucking from thirty-five. When you're as dark as me, a grey hair can be seen from space. Then I decided to cheat.

I think we both do well to hold back the years but they're coming anyway."

She checked the oven and stirred something bubbling on the stove.

"Still matches downstairs though."

I coloured a little at that and it didn't go unnoticed. I could see the twist of her mouth and the twinkle of mischief in her eyes as she added a further tease.

"Only a landing strip.

Men need a little guidance toward the target sometimes."

I went redder as I whispered my reply so the others didn't hear.

"I wax. Smooth as the day I was born."

"A little grooming is good for the boys." She grinned.

"Don't want them coming up for air with a pube between the teeth."

"Oh my god, Sarah.

Can we leave this one?"

I waved a hand in front of my face to cool myself as I glanced to check the men were still engrossed in golf talk.

"Sorry.

I started drinking early. It's showing. Makes me naughty."

"Bring on the wine then." I laughed.

"And hang on while I catch up on the naughtiness."

"I'm going to hold you to that."

A tiny piece of me hoped she did. Perhaps a little sexy talk might inspire Brian and get me a half-decent bonk when we got home. I looked over at him. He was laughing with Jason. At least they were getting along. No. I didn't hold out much hope. These days he was more ornamental than purposeful. Looked good, but didn't deliver the goods.

Over Dinner

Sarah refused any help with serving, insisting we just sit ourselves around the table.

"It looks delicious."

"Sarah is a bit of a culinary goddess." Jason said proudly as he set some music playing in the background. Traditional Christmas tunes at a gentle volume that just added atmosphere rather than intruding. With the smells of cocking the house was filled with a cosy ambience that reminded me of childhood Christmases.

"A regular little Nigella Lawson.

Keep saying she should be on MasterChef."

I breathed in the aroma. Herbs and spices, citrus and nutmeg, the smell of cooking meat, along with so many other elusive scents I couldn't identify. All I knew was my mouth was watering.

"Get's my vote."

"Cranberry and Pecan baked Brie was the starter. Drizzled in honey." Sarah announced.

It was a delight that carried the taste of the festive period right to my taste buds.

The main course was even more fabulous. Who doesn't like glazed ham? Sarah had demonstrated her artistic flair presenting it decorated with sprigs of herbs and cherries. An artwork. It was almost a shame we were going to eat it.

"Feel like I'm at the palace." I laughed as she placed it on the table.

"What can I say? I like to cook. And a dinner party gives me the perfect excuse.

Jason.

Wine."

"Oh yes. Sorry."

Even the table was lavishly set out. A big thing that sat eight so plenty of room to spread out dishes for us to help ourselves. A Christmas tablecloth, napkins and centre decoration added to the atmosphere. I lifted my glass to taste the freshly poured wine.

"Looks wonderful." Brian said.

I glanced at him. I wasn't sure it was the food he was looking at as Sarah leaned across the table to set down a steaming dish of carrots.

"You're an amazing cook Sarah."

He was first to dive in as soon as she'd brought the vegetables. I followed close behind. And my god, it did taste as good as it looked.

"So. Two children. I've seen you taking them to school but I'm sorry, I don't know their names?"

"Ava. She's seven. And Mia who's five.

I was a bit late starting a family. Waiting into your thirties isn't the done thing these days."

"I don't know. Better to be more mature. Too many young girls have babies before they're financially secure or in a lasting relationship. You have to know your man is the right one for you before having children."

I glanced at Brian wondering if perhaps I should have waited longer for that one.

"We never had children." Jason said speaking up.

"Just wasn't something we wanted. But all power to those that do."

I couldn't help but check Sarah as he said it. Sometimes it wasn't always the woman that agreed with that and then found it was too late. No such worries here. She was in full agreement.

"We decided it should just be us.

Other interests. And we practice a lot. Tons of uninterrupted sex all over the house." She giggled.

"No chance of that with us."

I think I said that a little too honestly. Brian felt the need to clarify.

"Two kids running around. You have to have doors."

With hindsight, I think my reasoning had been more honest.

"What are the other interests?" Brain asked.

"Well. Jason lives for his golf as I'm sure you two have already discussed. And I'm... involved in helping other people. I do work with people who have problems."

I wanted to say 'start here' but kept it to myself.

"Commendable.

I was just an admin person." I admitted.

"I wasn't academic at school. Now I'm a stay-at-home mum."

"Nothing wrong with that."

Jason was topping up the glasses with a fresh bottle as Sarah went for what she called her pièce da resistance.

"Homemade chocolate Yule log.

The filling has a hint of mint."

She was rightly proud of her creations.

"Wow. You made this?" I was flabbergasted. Another artwork.

"Not the cream. That's from Sainsbury's. It was that or buy a cow."

"Sarah. That's incredible. I want the recipe for next year. The girls would love that."

"No problem. I'll write it down for you.

But taste it first. You might change your mind."

I did. And I didn't. It was every bit as good as it looked.

Sarah did at least let me help clear the table. Everything was stacked into the dishwasher and she pressed go with a satisfaction as I sipped the last of my wine.

"It's snowing again." Sarah declared.

I ran to look through the spectacular glass doors that stretched the width of the extension at the rear of Sarah's kitchen. The back garden was lit by gentle lighting and I could see the flakes drifting down in the glow to settle on the already white landscape.

"It's so lovely. When you don't have to go out in it." I said smiling.

"Does make me feel like it's really Christmas though."

Sarah was standing right next to me and took my arm like a sister. It felt natural as we looked out on the wintery scene.

"It's magical. I can almost hear the sleigh bells."

"I think that's your music."

As if on cue Jingle Bells had started to play. Sarah got the giggles.

"I sang this on stage at school. Many, many years ago." She said. I can still remember all the words.

"Please. Less with the many. It's hard enough being forty as it is."

"You're blessed. You still look much younger. You're what they call a MILF."

I smiled.

"I wish."

"Oh come on. You've an amazing body."

"I thought I looked good with my tits pushed up in this dress. Then I saw yours."

"Size isn't everything.

I do have nice tits, I'll admit. But so do you. I bet Brian agrees."

I didn't answer that one. To my mind his wandering eyes had made clear he thought Sarah's were of more interest.

"Do you think it'll keep snowing?" I asked letting my attention go back to outside.

"Wasn't forecast. Just freezing temperatures. I hope it lasts to New Year.

Come on. Let's go back to the men. Stop them talking about golf."

"Look what found"

I laughed at Jason holding up a sprig of mistletoe. I expected him to wave it over me or Brian. Instead, it was over a ginning Sarah. And it was Brian he indicated to.

"Come on. It's tradition."

I smiled as Brian glanced in my direction. No. I didn't like the idea but I accepted it to avoid spoiling the mood. Thankfully it was only a short kiss with my husband looking very nervous.

It was no surprise when Jason headed in my direction.

"Your turn."

"No." I protested laughing and waving him away with my hand.

"It's only fair. Your husband has kissed my wife."

He looked like a sorrowful child standing there with every Christmas party's excuse for misbehaving held high. I felt myself reddening as I relented with a smirk.

I'm sure he took longer than Brian. Or perhaps it was the waft of expensive aftershave and the warmth in his kiss, the softness of his lips that made it seem that way. Whichever, I was flustered when it finished and annoyed at myself for liking it a little too much. I didn't dare look at Brian as I felt my cheeks burning.

"Okay. Now that's out of the way, how about a little music."

Jason tossed the mistletoe to the side and I was grateful he was giving the awkward moment no seriousness. It was just an innocent laugh.

After Dinner

I was regretting the cocktails and wine as I felt myself losing control. Sarah had put some less Christmassy music on at Jason's insistence. A nineties playlist that brought back memories of my first forays into the world of nightclubs and dancing with boys. Encouraged by her I was swaying around her living room lost in a world of sound.