A Long Lapse - Manisha Speaks

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The second day of the week kicked off with the stout Latina again and the entire hour around the park and then in the gym were still very much trouble for me. I did think a progress had summoned itself in a walk but much was yet to be told. I reached home after it ended.

Chapter 6

I gave the house cleanings a close look and didn't find even a little of undone activities there. Everything from the bedroom to the study to the kitchen was neatly done. Looked like Marsha was a psychic bonny maid and she had already caught energies from me. I smiled with myself.

An hour later roughly, I was slumped in my cabin after a series of 'Good Morning' that fell at my doorsteps with my every step in the building. The air of the meeting from yesterday already had been dissolved in the ambience was my first guess. I stayed in the cabin till almost half the day, only rising from my seat for smoke on two instances. It was half past two, when I was slumped in my chair cross-legged and with enough concentration, I was reading the files of the latest financial developments of the company. A slight knock was heard on my door and with my, "Come in," Anushree slowly walked in with a summoning from Mr. Kumar again.

Anushree in her tight skirts made me follow her being a few pace ahead of me. Anushree opened the cabin door for me allowing me to make my way in and closed it being outside as she does often. Mr. Kumar was pacing up and down beside his desk which cleared that he was expecting me and was full of words of what he was about to speak. He got down on his side of the desk as I slumped in the chair at my end.

"Good Afternoon sir, the sailing sweat on your forehead in this chilling cabin doesn't go very well with the temperature." I started.

"Yes, Manisha, I made out it won't be too long when the seriousness of the agenda right now would have a toll on my appearance." He replied rather catching his breath.

"Another agenda, I think it must be really serious then. What is it sir?"

"Before getting into the details, I should let you know about the tag lines and those are Sega's, Rivera & Sanders, and Kumar's."

"If those are the taglines then I must assume there should be more people in this discussion with us sir."

"You are right Manisha but with the ongoing shareholders' dilemma, I cannot afford to put the company atmosphere into any sort of anxiety with things settled just a day back." He said it with much President's seriousness in his eyes, which was a quality his personality was far away from in the span I knew him.

"If I may ask sir then you should well start speaking by now, the sooner the better."

"Then I may ask you as well Manisha to fasten your seat belts because it might pull you aback," He paused and added, "The rumors from my close sources say there have been words airing about our continuous struggles with the revenue in the near past also our long term and old costumers' confidence in us are being questioned behind the curtains, this could just result in one thing if you understand Manisha and that is?"

"The Sega's deal slipping away from our hands," I frowned and continued, "But this is not enough a word for a big Japanese firm to lose confidence in a company because the breeds of the far-eastern Asians just don't deal in rumors." Mr. President looked a little relaxed with my words but only a little.

"Agreeable however this won't stop them from being skeptical to deal with us Manisha which could only mean one thing -- Rivera & Sanders assisted to look predominant by their on the rise statistics since a couple of terms now." He sounded like a well reputed centre forward with a brace waiting in the next fixture on the field but the news headlines and match pressure might just get the better of him.

"I understand sir and I must let you know that since you have counted on me as the first person to hear of this issue, you can count on me with the solution of it as well." I said with a positive tone.

"You do have my trust; now if you will get me to what I want to hear Miss Maheshwari." It was clear to me by now that what Mr. Kumar actually meant when acutely switching someone's first name to last.

"Yes sir, not more than a minute I could ask for, now if you will relax." I put my hand on the sixty five year old wise man's palm to put him to ease. He did push aback without heavy breathing now but his impatient fingers still kept drumming on the blotting pad.

I broke the silence after a full minute, "Here sir," Mr. Kumar left his comfort in the chair and leaned forward to listen carefully, I looked him in his eyes and continued, "You know since the attacks have been upon our revenues and costumer relations at once, the solution of them won't require a different bracket and could be termed as inter-related." I paused.

Mr. Kumar looked at me and just hummed as I added, "This all is directly related to the customer relations basically and since our competitors who are looking to bring us on our knees have gifted us with an opportunity, we would grab it with both the hands."

"Opportunity? Can you care to elaborate Manisha?"

"Most definitely sir, as you know the entire financial business's primary source towards glory is and always has been towards the reputation among their customers, we are going to use this chance to get closer to them." I cross legged and took a sip of the water before adding

"And would we do that Manisha?" He asked.

"You need to invest a little to spread the word of our better costumer services, not like it is in turmoil currently but at least better than the previous one, and we do that by setting up call centers to different parts of the States, once we are past that, the public trust is going to be restored. Not to mention all of the customer inquiries, complaints and requests would just be no more than a phone ring away. In this manner we might have the better chances at showing our customer services and resolve customer issues faster." Mr. Kumar patiently listened to me as I completed my suggestion.

"That's the best thing to hear at present but can you tell me how information such as the company's revenue which is discussed indoors first, were made to be out publicly and that too at our rival's footsteps." Mr. Kumar looked like keeping this arrow since so long in the bow.

"That's something confusing me as well sir perhaps if I had read more of Sherlock Holmes then I might have been of some use in this matter but currently I'm no less than Mrs. Hudson waiting to serve John his midday meal."

"Then I believe you should get yourself a hair dye and burn some fat because your services are probably going to be needed." Mr. Kumar said leaning back comfortably on his seat.

"And my height?" I grinned.

"It will do because you know Sherlock only appeared taller in his photos." He grinned as well.

"Only if I believe if it's a believable fact for women."

"I do believe in that." The President paused and I kept staring at him for a few seconds before he burst out loud. I laughed with him as I rose from my chair and saw my way out.

I was in my cabin a few minutes later and by the midday had consumed 5 coffees also half filled the cigarette butt in the smoke room and was finally relieved from the heavy dosage of the meetings from my head. With the meetings, Mr. Kumar's conversation also didn't leave my head. I was readying myself to get the long black detective coat buckled up in real. I wanted to know about the unwanted leak of vital company information.

I worked and when I saw the clock strike five, the first thing I did was to leave the building quickly to get accustomed with the outside breezes of the evening. I must say it did feel nice once I was out. To my fortune, I bumped into Cassandra in the carriage and the Latin beauty held a seat vacant next to hers, knowing just too well which direction I would be heading post work. I kissed on her cheeks as I slumped into the seat.

"You look half-dead my dear. What must have happened?" She asked.

"I would tell you all about it when you had joined me for a Barbecue and Tacos; in that time I hope to survive the voyage."

"It has not been long and someone has already started to starve and then eat like the Americans as well." She said grinning.

"Oh shut up to let the journey pass young lady, I doubt if my hunger would let me give away a word." I said while getting loosened in the seat.

"And perhaps" Cassandra said mimicking me, "You might be held accused later on to put the big apple to starvation after this evening. God save the Americans."

"Shhh..." I had closed my eyes while in the seat.

It was half past seven and Cassandra sat opposite to me in this beautifully lit restaurant. The service was quick and after I had felt something finally slipping in my stomach, I gave a sigh of relief. I kept on eating soundly. Cassandra from the other end watched me as she ate slowly.

"So!" She spoke taking a halt from chewing.

"Yes, I did look half dead; it was more of the nervousness and the toll the meetings from the past two days took on my head."

"Oh, were they too blue-blooded?" I paused to have a laugh from my eating for the first time that evening.

"Yes could be outlined as such, and my first ever meeting I attended after my employment with the company was definitely going to be a big one. Not that I make myself as incompetent but getting thrown against the big cheeses at once gets you in trickery."

"So how did it go?"

"Better than my best of dreams could have made it out." I said finally wiping my hands with the hand-paper.

"If you ask Jean, he was highly doubtful if you would make up with the pressure of the meeting. Afterall you were only a fresher; anyone could gain the tendency to doubt."

"I don't remember when did I let him know of it but I am impeccable in this matter darling after I tend to forget my own existence when he is inside of me. And in that case, even you or anyone else with a dark hole could be none the wiser. Such a charm that guy is in bed." I said managing to smirk with a wink.

"I am in no state to prosecute that my dear. You may well be right."

"So you mean you too....?" I stopped to smirk.

"Could have been the case, if the man had befriended me a couple of months back but I don't jump in bed with mere acquaintances to have met just over a month. You get done first, we'll see about it later." Cassandra said when I was paying the check as they call it in America and after signing the bill as I had learnt it to call; we came out together arms in arms.

"So you mean you don't know him longer than a month?" I said in a little dismay. We started walking out of the restaurant and our feet set to a voyage down the street to our home.

"You're right, after Janice introduced us on one fine train journey; he accompanied me twice and thrice to New Jersey and still does when a chance is laid upon. That was when I came in his touch and it was a good three weeks later when you met us three together, adding a quadrupled layer to the gang." Cassandra said.

"Now this is something, and what do you really do to travel New Jersey and back for more than half the week?" I said.

"I'm self-employed, you'll know amigo." She said placing her hand under my waist and added, "And if by any chance are you reading Sherlock Holmes most recently?" We kept walking.

"There are not many chances in the life of a big firm's major employee to sit and gossip in peace, let me have my moment of chatter please." I replied positively to Cassandra's teasing. Cassandra smiled and like a good converser as she was, nodded in an okay.

"Yes so," I started, "You just said Janice introduced you to Jean, how did she know him?"

"The catering company she works for possesses affiliations with some of the major financial firms of the region and Jean's company is one of them, what was its name..." She paused and after a few seconds, "I cannot remember, it doesn't matter anyway."

"And what did you say about accompanying you to New Jersey?" I asked Cassandra.

"You really should be trying to buy the rights from Arthur Doyle..." She laughed with herself but finding without an expression, she answered, "He does it at least twice a week, looks like your suitor too like you fits in the major employee's bracket. Lucky woman I guess."

"I don't think if I am any the wiser to say that but only time will tell of it." By the time I finished saying that we had reached on Cassandra's door. I glanced across the street to find the black Mercedes parked at the same place.

Before Cassandra could enter in after hugging to the goodbye, I said, "Do you think we are being every bit transparent with each other sweetheart or to be more specific, you in particular?" If said clearly then I directly accused Cassandra to be keeping secrets.

"I told you earlier Nina, you'll get to know." Saying that Cassandra smiled and entered in her house and closed the door behind her, I started to walk down the street again imposing all the trust in my first and only true ally in the whole of states. Now all I thought of was Jean and how come the man never mentioned his work. I reached home and after I had hung my coat beside the door, my telephone rang. I immediately smiled and put it down after a full minute. I was not to expect Jean till two days after he is out of the city, New Jersey was my guess but the man again did not fill in everything that was required. After undressing, it didn't take me longer than a few minutes to fall asleep under the blanket.

Chapter 7

The rest of the days of the week those followed saw very little of change in the company. The shareholders, board members, union members all were excited of the change in policy and its positive outcomes, which left just me and Mr. Kumar to be out of any optimism because we only knew things were not really in order as they were three nights prior. The call centers' and getting close to the customers plan was still a week or two away to come into effect, many questions arose as to why Mr. President had such asks suddenly but those were made to die down as Mr. Kumar labeled it as mere advancements, however those were not that mere to say the least. As he feared of any further leaks, he chose to keep that as a secret. His detective joke was still very much relevant if asked the man himself, and I was determined to deliver with his confidence in me.

At weekend, Janice and Cassandra telephoned me in the day to self invite themselves at my home. It was supposed to be a girl's nightout as they liked to call. Nevertheless I was very positive about welcoming them over. After a huge and barren laps from hour to hour, the sun finally lowered from the lowest mountain as the evening kicked off. The Latino beauty and the American chick arrived in less than an hour, and following hugs and kisses on our cheeks the two ladies cheerfully took their places in the couch.

By the time it was ten of eleven, and the night car horns' blaring started to fade away from distance, the girls and I had our appetite full and we were three drinks down each. Cassandra was comfortable enough to be undressed as she got herself settled in just a tank top and shorts which were very short if you ask me, enough for her to show her physique which was HOT. I settled to murmur in me, 'I WAS NOT WRONG IN REFERRING HER TO A HONEY POT, SHE MOST DEFINITELY WAS ONE.' Janice on the other end was out of her usual but still very overdressed by Cassandra's standards here.

All of us were enjoying our glasses and Jean was the topic of discussion going on when Janice spoke,

"Young or hot Jean whatever entitlement you have given your suitor till now, dropped these at my house two days ago on his way to the station and asked me to keep it with me until he is back from his business trip." Janice said smiling and handling me the bag she brought with her.

"Then I believe you should keep it that way darling, as it might not be very wise for you to just give it away without his knowledge." I replied skeptically and tried not to sound too defensive.

"It is no stranger I'm dropping these to babe and having said that, I'm to accompany my colleagues to a work trip to Nice in a day and I'm not back in a week at least so that makes for a good case for you to keep this for me. It is wise enough, isn't it ma'am?" She said teasingly between her large sips.

"I believe yes child, and having said that too, would you care to fill me another?" I said passing on a smile and the empty glass. While she rose to get me wine I took to slide the bag sideways and beside the couch.

I got the glass from Janice; it took our girls' nightout another four hours to head to bed. In this time we got two bottles down, had watched The X-Files and the ashtray on the table looked like yelling STOP. We finally were drowned to sleep and if I remembered it correctly, there were collective snoring from three different ends of the house, that's what Marsha told me after she dropped herself early in time for the other day's cleaning. Both the girls left in time before the sun got over our heads.

I showered by then, had my breakfast a little late and was probably going to decide on planning my day. I was determined to work on the office matter which was like the predominant thing going in my head right now. I was just rising from the seat until the door was knocked. I walked down the hall to open it. Marsha was there, it was not her time of day to be here and I didn't act surprised but still a little suspicious.

"Ma'am, can I come in for a little... ermm.. breakfast?" Her stammering did say she was hesitating.

I had a bright smile on my face as I replied, "Oh don't act silly of asking Marsha, ofcourse you can." I opened the door to let her in. She hung her coat beside the door and prepared to come in.

"Thank you so much ma'am. That's very generous of you." She said.

"First names perhaps after I believe you are past your working hour darling, leave it for the time when you start working tomorrow morning." I smiled and so did Marsha. "But if I may ask of the sudden appearance of yours?"

"Its weekend, my kids are out with my husband and probably won't be getting home by dinner time so that leaves me unoccupied and hungry. I didn't think of anywhere else to drop by Manisha and so I came here." It took her a second's pause between her sentences to pronounce my name.

"Where have they headed?"

"Countryside, Oliver craves for the grape fields and winery factories there and so took the kids along for sightseeing." She was still on her feet but took the seat after I slumped in the chair at my end.

"Why didn't you join in?"

"Travelling is not for me, I fall sick." She smiled from her good shaped chin. Even though maid, the woman had an element of humanly charm which couldn't go unnoticed.

"Look I know if I am causing you any...."

"No you are not, and you probably will if you mention this a third time which won't fall in place perhaps, because we are about to break bacon together which can acquaint us perfectly." I left the seat to get the bacon served in a plate. Marsha didn't talk much before taking the quarter of the hour to finish her food. The lady proposed to do the plates but I waved it away reminding her of her working hours.

We were in the couch together in a few minutes' time. She looked well informed about the financial structure of the country, political aspects and also to my surprise, arts. I also got to know that she had a prodigy in music. I was amazed in only a less than an hour talking to her. Looked like she grabbed a newspaper on her way to work daily and just who knew there was a coffee as well in her other hand every morning. Maids too had high grounds perhaps, I smiled with myself.

"It's none of my business I know but looks like you're past the gentleman who happened to head out of the house all this week just before my cleaning hours." She said holding her teasing smile back.