A Love to Last Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He got out and found the boy entering a taxi a distance from him. It immediately started going.

David rushed to his car that was nearby and followed after the taxi. He could see it, right in front of him. The wind pushed on his car as he added to his speed, honking at the taxi. But it wasn't stopping. He was determined and he wasn't gonna stop until he talked to him. With his hands firmly on the wheel and his foot on the accelerator, he drove like he was crazy, passed the taxi and when he was a distance, he blocked the way and stopped. The taxi stopped near him and the driver got out angrily.

"Sir, are you insane?" He shouted.

"Sorry, buddy." He said as he pushed past him. "But I need to do this."

He went to the taxi, opened it widely with a smile on his face but to his disappointment, there was an elderly woman that looked scared. Shit! Once again, he had lost the boy. He had been so sure that he had found him this time. How come, he thought?

"May... may I help you, sir?" The woman stuttered.

"Sorry! I thought you were someone else." He said as he closed the door.

He stood there with his hands on his hips, his mind filled with thoughts. He could have bet his life that was the same car that he had seen the boy leave with. How did he miss it? Was his mind playing tricks on him and that boy hadn't been at the party?

He stood there for some minutes before he entered his car and drove off.

***

David was in his house, seated in the living room with a glass of whisky in his hand. The same scene kept playing in his mind, the boy at the party. How come he hadn't seen him and only saw him that late. His mind was definitely playing tricks on him.

He heard footsteps rushing towards him right before he heard an angry voice.

"Are you serious right now?" Amber sounded mad. "We've been looking everywhere for you and you're here drinking liquor? You haven't been answering your calls and you left without saying a word to anyone?"

"I think I left it in my car." He said simply before he emptied the whole glass in his mouth. "And sorry for leaving without saying anything. It wasn't planned."

"Dude! It was your party." Isaac sat next to him. "You left it in chaos. Jim said you left like something was chasing you. What happened? Are you okay?"

"I saw him at the party." He sighed in frustration. "And when I realized it, he was gone. I was occupied that I missed my opportunity again."

Amber and Isaac looked at each other with confused faces.

"You saw who? What are you talking about?"

"The boy." He said angrily. "The same boy I told you I saw at the restaurant. I saw him at the party."

"That's not possible." Amber shook her head. "There's no way because everyone at the party were our friends. Maybe you're coming down with a fever." She pressed her hand on his forehead. "Are you okay?"

"I am fine." He said angrily, rising from the couch. "On second thought, I am not fine. I almost had him... almost." He groaned in frustration. "But it seems like fate is trying to play tricks. Nothing comes easy, right?"

Amber grabbed her brother's shoulder and looked into his eyes.

"David, please, listen to me. There was no one like that at the party. I am not even sure this boy exists." She shrugged. "But what I know is that Jim exists and he came all the way to talk to you. He likes you and I am sure you guys were vibing. On the dance floor... the way you danced... the way you were staring at each other. I thought you guys had a connection. He was hurt and worried with the way you left. Nobody deserves to be treated like that, especially someone who is interested in you. Call him and apologize, please."

"Amber, you know me very well, maybe better than I even know myself." He sighed. "I am a sucker for beauties. And yes, Jim is very beautiful and I might have felt something but not anymore. Now that I saw that boy again, I am sure that we're destined to meet. I have never felt this way for someone before. I just wanna hug him and hold him for all eternity. Crazy..." He laughed at the top of his voice. "...I don't even know this boy. But I feel connected to him."

"You're scaring me, David." Isaac finally spoke. "I have never heard you speak about anyone like this before. I agree with Amber. I think Jim is perfect for you. Both of you are handsome, sexy and you look good together. Give a chance to the one who is around than chasing after whom you don't know."

David laughed. "You guys won't understand. But now that I have seen that boy, I won't rest until I talk to him."

Without any word, he rushed upstairs, leaving the two confused.

***

Jim stormed in the apartment, banging the door behind him. He was breathing like a warrior who had lost a battle. His nostrils were flaring, fists clenched at his sides. He began moving about the living room, hitting his head as he did.

"Hey, what's going on?"

When Ben came into a living room, he could tell Jim was angry by the way his hands were shaking. Ben was in his PJs with a cup of ice cream in his hands.

"Jim."

"Fuck!" He screamed at the top of his voice.

"Hey calm down." Ben went in front of him and stopped him. "With the way you're overheating, you might just burn our apartment down and we'll have no choice but to go back home."

"That isn't funny." Jimmy said with a scorned face. "And where the hell were you? You left me all alone at the party when I told you to wait. What part of that didn't you understand?"

"Oh!" Ben gasped, his hands finding his chest. "I know all this anger in you isn't for me. So shoot. What happened."

Jim had tears in his eyes. He took a deep breath and tried to calm his nerves.

"Everything was going so well, Ben. I talked to David and he seemed happy. We were so happy, we danced and the guy was hooked. The next thing..." he frowned. "...he just left out of the blue and never came back. He didn't say a word and he never came back. I have never felt so humiliated in my whole life."

"That's strange." Ben frowned. "But if everything was going so well as you said, then why did he leave. Maybe... work." He shrugged.

"I don't care." He screamed. But Ben held him tightly and pulled him into a hug, rubbing his back.

"It's okay. I understand. Don't think too much about it. I am sure there's an explanation for all this." He assured. "If you say that everything was going well then it must be a sign that you guys are meant to be."

"I don't care about any sign. I shall have that man at any cost." He glowered. "I swear..."

To be continued...