A Mail Order Bride Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*****

Matt

It had been a busy, stressful two days, and though distracted by the thought of Katie, Matt was relieved when the business was finally concluded, and the horses readied for travel the next day. He could finally relax and . . . think.

Matt found he had been thinking a lot about himself and Katie lately. He'd started wondering if maybe what he was doing was wrong. Knowing how she felt, what kind of happiness, what kind of future could they really have together?

"Hey! Come on Matt, shouted one of his friends, let's have a drink!"

After several hours drinking with his town friends at the Madrona Silver Saloon, rather than simply stay the night in town, he decided to ride back to the ranch. Riding down the dark road, intoxicated and occasionally dozing off, he drunkenly kicked his horse into a trot, causing the animal to pass under a low branch resulting in Matt unwittingly hitting his head hard and being knocked from his horse.

He must have lain drifting in and out of consciousness for a day or so before old Jim, and a couple of ranch hands found him. He was delirious, and his head was seriously injured, but he was alive. Jim stayed with Matt while one of the men went back to the ranch for a wagon, and the other galloped off toward town for Dr. Samuels.

During the wagon ride back to the ranch, although there were brief periods when he was lucid, Matt had incoherently babbled and "talked" to Katie, telling her he loved her and was sorry for the pain he had caused her, sorry he couldn't make her love him. Within a couple of hours of Jim getting Matt to the house, the Doctor arrived. In addition to the broken ribs and punctured lung Matt had sustained when he fell, the Doctor said the blow to Matt's head had been severe, and the prolonged exposure hadn't helped. Dr. Samuels told us that, sadly, it would be a miracle if Matt survived his injuries.

*****

Sally and I took turns nursing Matt over the next week until one afternoon, I sat next to his bed, holding his hand when he opened his eyes and recognized where and who I was.

He took a deep breath and holding my hand a little tighter saying, "I love you, Katie . . . I think I always have."

"Oh, Matt . . . I love you too," I said impulsively.

"I'm sorry, Katie, I don't think I'll be here when our baby comes," he said and gave me a weak smile. I wiped away the tears that brimmed in my eyes and, bending forward, kissed him softly on his mouth.

Already knowing his dire physical condition I said, "Of course you'll be here, and we'll start our life together . . . you, me and our baby," and kissed him again, letting my tongue slip between his warm, parched lips.

It was a small lie that I think he needed to hear and believe.

I felt Matt's hand on my thigh and instinctively opened my thighs wider for him, suddenly, inexplicably wanting his touch, remembering what it had been like between us not so long ago.

Matt looked over at me, and even in his illness, his gaze was familiar . . . hot, hungry, and lustful.

"Touch me . . . touch me, Katie," he said. Knowing what he wanted, I slipped my hand under the covers and slowly, gently began stroking him. Matt moaned, and when I looked at him, he had a faint smile on his face as he came in a soft ejaculation into my hand.

*****

Leaning over him, I rested my head on his chest and began quietly to cry as he closed his eyes, and I felt him slip away.

"I'm sorry, Matt, I'm so sorry," I said softly.

One part of me loved and cared for the man he had been when I first came to the ranch and married Jonas. Matt had been the man who comforted and protected me when I felt pushed away and ignored by Jonas. I know the feelings I felt now were contradictory, but despite the demanding, intimidating man he had become, I still cared for him and was filled with sadness at his passing and hoped my lie had brought him peace.

That night, we talked about Matt for a long time before we finally went to bed. As Jonas and I snuggled in each other's arms, we began to make love, a slow, thoughtful coupling that was sad and comforting at the same time. Sad because we had both lost a good friend, but comforting for me because Jonas would never discover my infidelity.

I vividly remember the strange dream I had that night, the man on top of me was Matt. He was rock hard as he plunged his cock into my warm, wet pussy. He thrust his cock in and out, making me moan and then, turning me over, eased his cock into me from behind.

"You be happy, Katie . . . let Jonas make you happy," he said as he fucked me so hard that I am sure I must have been groaning and grunting in my sleep with the pleasure he was giving me.

My hips bucked against him, and I smelled his musky man scent as I began to cum in my sleep. It all seemed so real. The dream was so lucid I could feel my pussy clenching around his cock, and feel his cum forcefully shooting out. I closed my eyes at the sound of him moaning and repeating my name as his cum drenched my pussy

"Katie? Katie? Wake up, honey, you were dreaming and talking in your sleep. Wake up."

Had I been calling Matt's name?

I opened my eyes and slowly realized it was Jonas bending over me. "Oh, Jonas, I love you so much," I said as I pulled him closer to me and kissed him deeply. I could feel Jonas' growing erection and as he claimed his marital entitlement and my love, I tucked the dear memory of Matt into that secret place in my heart.