All Comments on 'A Mighty Pen'

by rhetthebrat

Sort by:
  • 449 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ok. So he divorces the bitch, but what does he really get out of the situation? Jeff and the rest of the man whores walk away scot free. I am sure the wifey slut, can find another guy or 12. The husband loses!

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962almost 3 years ago

Wow, with friends like those who needs enemies. He must be glad to be rid of such horrible beings who would enable Jeff to fuck Gwyn not once but several times. And yes she did absolutely nothing to prevent her infidelity. Even though its an adult fairy tale oh that Jeff would have suffered a burst testicle and a few destroyed knee and hip joints. As far as Gwyn's prognosis, it would have been appropriate that she only gets pursued by those that treat her like the whore she chose to be...

MaverickXMaverickXalmost 3 years ago

Good story, gave it a 4 just because I think the ending was a bit abrupt. I'd love a part 2 that maybe has some sort of happier ending or Reconciliation(might be a bit tough to pull off but I think the way the Gwyn and Pete were written it's definitely possible) either way, I feel like the ending was too quick for how well written the story and characters were. But I'll definitely be following your potential future work and hoping for a Part 2

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Jeff needed an ass beating

PierremanvisPierremanvisalmost 3 years ago

Great debut. Enjoyed the read and plot clever. Really think it deserves a second chapter. Keep on contributing.

Regguy69Regguy69almost 3 years ago

Wow, 200 comments on your first story! nicely done. i enjoyed the story, but thought it could have been condensed a bit. of course if you did that you'd be getting shit for lack of character development, so lose, lose.

his ploy with the pen was great. hard to believe this was a first submission. Please continue to write.

ro707ro707almost 3 years ago

Woulda coulda shoulda. Gywnnie is strong independant women(lol) she spent two days destroying her marriage only & only for one reason, because she wanted/chose to. Good on ya Pete for not letting a pissPot back into your life.

maninconnmaninconnalmost 3 years ago
Wow, brutally painful

I really felt the pain in this one. That’s a good story. I am, however, in the camp that there was a lot here that could have been trimmed, it was long-ish. Thanks for writing! Looking forward to more of your writings!

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 3 years ago

She set herself up to cheat. The crazy part is she was completely in denial of the fact when she refused to return home with her husband. She actually convinced herself nothing would happen partying with a bunch of single guys without her husband. But, in the back of her mind she wanted to cheat. Just a little bit. Not enough to hurt her marriage.

One little fling before children. She calculated wrong and lost the man she wanted to create a family with.

This could have a follow-up. The option is there though the task would be daunting to write a reconcilation story. What could she possibly do to get him back? 🤔

mattenwmattenwalmost 3 years ago

A well-told story that briefly covered all the important points in a partnership. Various social circles and dwindling support for one's own partner. Two poisonous arrows against a partnership. The separation is shown realistically. The only downer for me that he still allows contact with the slut. Some people really believe that cheating is easily put away for the partner. Mistake. You can gnaw at it for years and you cannot get away from this fact!

GiuliaNapoliGiuliaNapolialmost 3 years ago

Very well done! I didn't think it was too long at all. In fact, I think it's begging for a follow-up story for both of them. Hope to see much more from you, Rhetthebrat. Excellent first story, well told with interesting characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Jeff walking away and I'm sure smirking the whole time scot free cost you major points with me. Motherfucker needed a good beat down.

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoover 2 years ago

Very well written, also very sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

coulda been a good tale,"Why Do You People have to bring the catolic religion into your tales. the catolic religion

is the downfall of this country, turning it into a 3rd world country guvment. reason al capon and his class were catolics so the rape murder steel so the padre would sprinkle water on their heads and absolve forgive whatever you catolics call it of their sins.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If there were any doubt of the interweaving of hate with ignorance, simply refer to the prior post for a clear example. I assume he dislikes Catholics.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

LET JEFF GET AWAY CLEAN.ASSHOLE OR NOT, BREAK HIS LEG OR SOMETHING.

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 2 years ago

I appreciated and enjoyed both stories that you've posted so far. Intelligent, novel, and with a fresh slant. Good to get some fresh air into this category.

Thank you.

miket0422miket0422over 2 years ago

Well, that was a depressing story that the author made a point of telling us the divorce was coming twice earlier in the story. Hate that I wasted my time reading this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well, Jeff was Jeff......more bloody and will take time to recover completely. But, well........Jeff is Jeff

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was a very good story, and for a first submission, remarkable. I thought the way you constructed the final scene was very original and well thought out. Two people who had time to overcome the raw emotions of their loss and have a brief conversation, unsatisfying yet so definitive.

Thanks rhetthebrat.

Doc

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story. Really excellent. Thanks for posting. 5 stars. Looking forward to many more from you.

boneham21boneham21over 2 years ago

No as kicking for jeff 2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked your MC, Pete! He knew his wife better than she knew herself, or even cared to know him!

A man of action, he knew what had happened and when she fessed-up, and confirmed he was right, he made a course of action and carried it through!

I like it he took his hits in court, stuck it out until the judges gavel fell, and walked away free of the mess she'd made of their life together.

This MC was smart and dumped the cheating slut broad, before she drove him up the wall and out of his mind!

I also liked he cut off contact with all his so-called friends, who did nothing to stop Jeff from hustling Gwyn's cunt, he made his plans and cut his losses and move-on free of her cheating slut bullshit!

Pete was smart enough to know they were all shot-for-brains losers!

I really liked this story...Great read for a first story you submit here! Good job!

Why I gave it 5 stars!

Thank you, author!

SunOceanSandSunOceanSandover 2 years ago

Don't understand why you let Brian & Jeff off Scott Free...

That sure made the ending Suck!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very Disappointed that the “Friends” didn’t help in this situation, just one of them with some Integrity could have made all the Difference in “Happy ever after” or “Fucked up beyond fixing”. Not really your Friends if they would do this to someone they knew and supposedly Liked after so many years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ah, the Pen... Nice twist or surprise.

But With friends like that who needs .... Jeff would have lost his balls and bleed out....

OnethirdOnethirdover 2 years ago

Excellent, though sad, story. The loose end I was curious about what’s her cold feet on the children topic, which I would think would have come up in counseling. It seems that her commitment wasn’t there. Also, he was noticing her pulling away, but she insisted it was just a momentary indiscretion. Probably this is a classic case of the unreliable witness. Still, a sad an abrupt end to their marriage. They’ll both be wiser next time hopefully.

Helen1899Helen1899over 2 years ago

Top story, but very sad. Although it never explained my she suddenly went off having children. In this case I think reconciliation would have turned out to be best. Neither of them were happy after the divorce

lbeachamlbeachamover 2 years ago

Sad, sad story. I wish I hadn't read it. But glad too. Marital relationships are minefields. I'm married 46 years now and still "trust but verify". I would and never did let my wife become entangled.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@Helen1899 - why is reconciliation necessary? Pete would always be concerned that Gwen would step out spontaneously. The trust and respect were destroyed. Gwen says she loved him, but did the worst thing she could do him. She was only thinking of herself instead of thinking of her husband. He could never trust her again, especially because she did it deliberately the second night. Just because they are unhappy in the short term does not mean reconciliation is the answer. Now Pete has a chance to find someone who actually loves him. Getting back together would truly mean living a miserable life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So much for his long time friends. Pete is better getting rid of the entire bunch. And what is up with her putting off having kids? My guess is she was doing Jeff on the side and didn't want to give that up.

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

Pete earlier noted the group of friends dividing between couples and singles. The couples trended more responsible while the singles wanted more action.

I have had married and single friends I would trust to look after my wife/gf for a party I could not attend; but I would have second thoughts about a drunken weekend at the lake/beach. I have had married friends send their wife to a party or concert with me when they had to work nights and expect me to sleep on their couch.

As a skilled tradesman, I was never beholden to a particular employer. I could leave and have a new job in 2 days, but not everyone is in that situation. After the fall/divorce, Pete had no trouble getting another job elsewhere. The maried couples left. Pete was scared. He should have put his marriage first. If she wouldn't leave, he should have told her he would risk his job to stay. Shoulda', coulda', woulda'. On the other hand, he found out she had dated Jeff before (during their engagement???); so the long run might not have been that long.

Sad story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He should have seen through her answer to his question: "Am I the only guy you are seeing?" It totally revealed her devious nature.

At least he was wise enough to figure her out at the end.

Unhappy? She deserved to be unhappy. He should not be unhappy! One, he outed all his traitorous friends, and dumped them.

Two, he outed the cheating lying slut, and did not have to spend his life being unhappy with her. Why would he be unhappy about being rid of the slut? The only thing to be unhappy about was not seeing through her facade from the beginning.

No, he should not be unhappy about dumping the cuckcunt.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

I read it again. I really like this story, although it is painful to read. I know this guy. I was this guy. I know the woman. She wasn't ready for marriage and infidelity was inevitable. It only required the right situation. People like her create their own hell and bury everyone around them in it along with them.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

Dodged a bullet with that one. People who lie to others for little gain are usually lying to themselves, which means they're a psycho mess inside and best avoided.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nah the bitch selfish, DESERVE

HikingThruHikingThruover 2 years ago

Excellent even the second time through. Not very satisfying consequences for Jeff though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not much. He did not even try to get revenge on his buddy who fucked his wife. What a pussy. No wonder the rest of them avoided him like the pussy he was.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 2 years ago

Outstanding!

We know the characters, we have a terrible feeling of foreboding, we feel the MC's pain, we know there isn't always a happy ending, just a stop. It never ceases to amaze that people grade stories on how badly the cheated-on husband beats (or worse) the snake who crawled into the garden—sometimes they even complain that he should have beaten (or worse) the wife, too. Feh. Character development, plotting, dialogue, flow, all were very good. Please keep writing, you're our latest first-round draft pick to a team thinned by injuries and ungrateful readers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"If it had been just Saturday night, I would have tried to save our marriage."

I have no idea what authors write nonsense like that. It was deliberate both times. In fact, she was warned in various ways about not fucking around on Saturday. Sunday was just "in for a penny, in for a pound." Unfortunately, the women in these stories are written as if they have no moral agency. Any adult woman of ordinary intelligence would have known what her husband was saying and the problems posed by alcohol and the immature "frat boys". Unfortunately, they never do in LW, which makes the female characters less than credible. Gave it a 5 just because there was no real hesitation about divorcing her cheating ass. "Jeff" needed real consequences.

Tiger27Tiger27over 2 years ago

the only problem I had with this story was the friends blowing off Jeff's actions as "Jeff being Jeff". Seems to me he was due some heavy handed karma.

Good story, and well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

in todays self centred, consequence free society the reaction of this so called "friends" to Jeff's actions is much closer to reality than I like. As is the actptance of such behavior

Sad times indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The great thing about fiction is it’s made up. The author can write anything they want. This is why I hate it when they write stories that are so depressing and life-like. In real life, this is what happens. Here? I want revenge for the main character. I identify with him. Jeff should be in a hospital. But no, the author gave us reality. Reality often sucks. Here it can be made better. 3 stars

knoxhardknoxhardover 2 years ago

I think it interesting that the author included the conversation about being exclusive. It serves as more than foreshadowing. It provides the character clues that make all the difference.

He's a wimp. She's self-centered. The combination dooms their relationship.

If you want an agreement to be exclusive, get an agreement. Exchange explicit promises. He hoped that she meant they were exclusive?! What's he afraid of? That she won't give him a promise and his asking for one would "damage" the relationship? Without one, they don't even have a relationship. DBAP.

And obviously, he wimps out and loses his marriage at the lake party. He saw the signs. He knew what would happen. With his marriage on the line he chose to be a passive bystander and a victim instead of actively fighting. He knew she was weak, knew he should have put his foot down, and he couldn't do it. Note-- as clever as the pen on the pillow is, she could well have mis-behaved and still seen the pen. Would obviously see it when she packed to leave. In any event, why torture himself?

Have the fight. Insist she do the right thing. Piss her off. But drag her ass home. If she refuses her, tell her he will divorce her. Doesn't he trust her? Hell no. Not when she's deliberately getting drunk out of her mind and around a bunch of drunk horndogs.

Smart married people do not put themselves in a position to fall. They don't have "friendly" lunches or dinners or drinks or go dancing with people of the opposite sex. And they sure don't choose to get shit-faced drunk with them.

This was a good story. Does a good job of depicting the damage that results when a weak man fails to stand strong and do what he knows he should.

Gram1Gram1over 2 years ago

Well done. Thoroughly enjoyed this story. It seemed, to me, realistic. The MC and LW were well developed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So did he just take a stab that she cheated and see if she'd confess? Or did he have some other kind of proof? But then again once the worries start coming out, pretty much sums it up without the details. Saturday is mistake, Sunday was lust without regard of someone she supposedly loves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The problem was that the story was just "blah". He loses his wife and his friends. He doesn't DO anything to anyone. I guess that's real life, but this is fiction. There needed to be some revenge.

phill1cphill1cover 2 years ago

I call "bullsh!t" on the "it wasn't planned.

They felt the energy and, wow, to do it in front of other 'friends'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why do people stay friends with a known asshole? They know Jeff hits on married women so why do they stay his friend?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a sad story, and what an excellent first effort! A 5, for sure. A few things. I didn't, and still don't, get why Paul would be "called Mutt (for obvious reasons)." Also, the story begins with a reference to the divorce, so it was easy to see the small clues as they unfolded. Might have been a stronger move not to have that reference (even though that "I wish I'd had it to sign my divorce papers" is a real good line). Reason is that rhetthebrat builds the relationship between Pete and Gwyn very nicely as it progresses through and into marriage. Knowing it will not end well is poignant, because it was a real good connection they had. I noted while reading page 2 that there will be a real sense of loss, assuming the divorce we're told was to come. That's good writing. But there were those small clues. First, how Gwyn didn't exactly say "you're the only one" back to Pete. Then, her hesitancy about having children. And of course, once a long Independence Day weekend was scheduled with their friends at at the lake, parallels detected with similar situations in such classics as "Out Of Love" (Jezzaz), "The Bridge" (RichardGerald), "A Promise Made, A Vow Broken (Hooked1957) and "Baby Challenge" (Gamblnluck). And speaking of Hooked1957, this story's title recalls his "Pen 1, Sword 1" (though the stories themselves are different). Meanwhile, back to the clues. The final one, that even the MC can't ignore through the loving eyes of denial, is "Gwynnie" - 'nuff said. Or, as rhetthebrat would have it, Mutt said. Which I still don't get.

justbobkcjustbobkcover 2 years ago

Nice story. She wasn't ready to be married. Wasn't serious about marriage. Liked the partying too much. How did she think any kind of reconciliation would work? At a minimum they would need a whole new bunch of friends. And there would always be more asshole God's gift to women types around, anyway. All the RAAC would have accomplished is to give her a chance to leave him later - "you're too boring and too depressing!"

fritz51fritz51over 2 years ago

Outstanding... the old pen in the bed trick! *****

fritz51fritz51over 2 years ago

Oh, I forgot to add, old Jeff needs a good old fashioned ass kicking...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another fucking wimp assed, limp dick husband his wife winds-up cucking.

he goes for divorce, but lets cheating slut wife and Jeffy, go scot-free! Both shoulda died the most painful awful slow agonizing deaths at petes hand, the most excruciating painful deaths known to mankind and been buried cold and deep so far out in the wilderness reaches, no one will ever find them!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No sympathy for MC. At beginning Jeff was written as preying on women not excepting married ones. You chose him as friend. Live and hurt with consequences. Love authors whose main characters leave married women alone and have like minded friends

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story. Was a bit confused at first why Pete would move out of the house without having anything confirmed, but of course -- the pen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

For the readers who didn't understand the Mutt and Jeff reference. It was an early, and famous, comic strip. Everyone who wrote that Pete got what he deserved because he tolerated Jeff's sleeping with married women. You got that right. That's huge part of what makes the story so good. Choices have consequences. Finally, I'd like to think Pete learned from all this. I know he's a fictional character, but rhetthebrat wrote Pete so well, he feels like a real person. In the real world, people learn from their mistakes. I'd like to think Pete did. Next time he would be more aware of and more proactive in responding to threats to his relationship with his next wife, if he had one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He can't control another man's (Jeff) behavior and I thought his Pete's attitude towards him was very realistic. Probably 95% of us would do the same, absent the information that they had dated before. That's not the choice we should be focused on. It would have been fine if his wife wasn't such a fucking airhead slut.

bobareenobobareenoover 2 years ago

Just read this again. It is a perfect short story. Painful and poignant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Gwynn was a cheating slut and Jeff deserved to be kicked in his balls!

Rewind64Rewind64over 2 years ago

Would’ve given a five if Jeff’s balls were hanging above his mantle, the other “friends” needed facial reconstruction, and Gwen had a bad STD.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

But nothing happened to Jeff? That truely sucks and turns a fair story into a piece of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Someone claimed he thought Pete learned from this. So did Jeff. He learned he can be a total shit head, and nothing happens to him. Jeff no longer hangs with his old friends, and they know why. But do they shun Jeff, or refuse to be around a sorry shit, back stabbing, mother fucking, dog dick licking piece of shit. HELL NO!!! It is come on Jeff old buddy, let's party. If you break up a few couples,well then,HO HUM!!!

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveabout 2 years ago

Do all your stories end in divorce? You are such a good writer and I want to read more, but not if the impending doom of divorce is the norm.

numbnutz49numbnutz49about 2 years ago

I know most readers don't want to hear this but it was a far more realistic story than most 'end of the marriage' stories on this site. No physical encounters, no home burning, no videos sent to her parents, pastor, friends and no crimes committed. Even the last phone call was believable. Author gets a 5 because he understands how strength of character (or lack of it) get in the way of life!

phill1cphill1cabout 2 years ago

"But nothing happened to Jeff? That truely sucks and turns a fair story into a piece of shit..."

He lost two friends!!

Who the f*ck cares about what happened to Jeff? Do you care about a human dildo? No, you don't.

Try to gain some maturity to your thought process.

phill1cphill1cabout 2 years ago

"Both shoulda died the most painful awful slow agonizing deaths at petes hand, the most excruciating painful deaths known to mankind and been buried cold and deep so far out in the wilderness reaches, no one will ever find them..."

First of all, two wrongs don't make a right. I know. I've been on both sides of it. Had my father killed because of an affair. Been in an affair. It's really not all that worth it.

I would never kill anyone for sleeping with my wife. I don't own her. I don't have any relationship with her paramour. And, really, because I know I can get more pussy if/when I really need to, I'm not pressed. But, then again, I understand the pain OTHER PEOPLE go through when someone is murdered. Like people's families. Their sons and daughters (5 in our case).

So, while the gut wants to have a tantrum, in real life, these sort of tantrums ruin MANY lives. And they don't make you feel any better--i mean, if killing someone makes you feel better, maybe you're not the great person you think you are.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 2 years ago

Zero recourse for Jeff and friends. But clever use of the pen. Not sure why she waited until Anniversary to bring up the pen.

Also, the lack of respect and trust related to her unwillingness to address the issue of children combined with the total disrespect with the "kidding around" with Jeff, and Pete's willingness to put up with both were good indications that he was a prime target for further disrespect.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

I read it again. I hope and want to believe that I have better friends than this. They were cowards, each and every one of them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Would like to have seen that Jeff "accidentally" fell down a flight of stairs, or that Gwen was remarried and her new husband cheated on her, but appreciate how you showed lies and deception can ruin lives. Sometimes there are no happy endings

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very well done.

While I despise people like Jeff, who claim to be your friend and stab you in the back, I never understand the desire by some commented to injure them afterward. I would separate completely from them, and from other fair-weather "friends" who let this happen without at least trying to stop it. But violence is reserved for more serious things.

The one who I would become very angry with (but not violent) would be the one who cheated and lied. While Mutt and Jeff were "friends" (supposedly), they didn't promise anything. The liar and cheater was the wife. Were I in the MC's position, she would be the target of my greatest anger, for lying and cheating and breaking a promise. I'd probably sound repetitive, "You lied and you cheated. Goodbye" each time she tried to speak with me.

xtc5xtc5about 2 years ago

Every time I read this story, I like it more.

Thanks

JonDoe315JonDoe315about 2 years ago

Pretty good read, it's too bad the ending wasn't alil longer and touched more on his new life away

lukeey90lukeey90about 2 years ago

Gwyn is so full of shit...just like all cheaters...nice story but on the last page it was mostly summarized no interaction which ruined it a bit 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written story. True to life. Very sad just like life.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 2 years ago
This i could see happening in real life.

All of the story, which makes it sad.

5-stars & Favorite

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Finish the story. I would like to see them get back together. Maby she was pregnant and it was her husband's.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Went through a similar situation. It was damn tough but we made it. I said that I didn't want to be around or hear the SOB name again. I actually figured it would slip from time to time. When it did I would for sure fire a rude comment back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story, although I would have liked it better if you had managed to give the reader more detail about what happened, and why. I agree with Pete: Saturday night might be understandable, but why Sunday night? This might have been brought out in the councilling sessions, but maybe would have been even better if someone there had recorded it on their cell and forwarded the video to Pete. But please keep posting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

you were a wimp and should've kick her lover ass.i puke listen too you talk about her lover.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very realistic. Still, I can't see him letting Jeff skate after Jeff started bragging about it. Perte can somewhat verbally fight with a woman but not the man who destroyed his life? It ends up making me not care about him. No balls + uninteresting man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

ok finally understood how he knew of the cheating(pen in wifes bed never found meant no sleeping there) was the cunt that scared of having baby, losing her figure or tada, scared of having to grow up? how is the slut going to make up for that. selfish twat. Jeff should run into a 2x4 at some point.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This story touches on one of the most dangerous connections to a life - friends. Friends are the most unexpected devastating destroyers of self and marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This story was exceptionally well written with very good character development and realistic dialogue. The buildup to Gwyn’s betrayal and the incredible angst the betrayal generated was palpable! I don’t like sad endings and would have liked to have seen Pete find forgiveness for his wife. Oh well! Anyway, five stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Dragged on... in my opinion too many unnecessary details.

But the Pen... Great end...

ragnarok1ragnarok1about 2 years ago

Read it again. 5 stars!!! Thanks for a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Cheating cunt. Why do they all act on their passions and then beg for forgiveness. She fucked up. The so called friends fucked up. One victims here. Many culprits. They deserve shit lives

rdcyclistrdcyclistabout 2 years ago

Great story! The beginning of your stories might be the best on Lit. So much emotion in 2 or 3 paragraphs. I love your writing. Thank you for the efforts you put in.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Jeff is a total shit head and everyone should shun that sorry mother fucker, but instead he gets a pass. Jeff will be Jeff. Maybe so, but notwith me are anybody i want to know.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

I reluctantly gave you 5 stars even though I didn't like the outcome

jazzharpjazzharpabout 2 years ago

I needed to read A Mighty Pen again (and comments), before reading your sequel. I was surprised to see a comment by me.  I apologize for that comment.  I don't know what story it was intended for; but it wasn't yours. I gave it a 5 when I first read it, and I still agree with that.  Grading on the curve, your story is far superior to most stories posted on this site.  I agree that too much backstory can bog down and ruin a story.  But the second half made up for that blunder. I don't remember when I marked you as a favorite; but I'm glad I did.  Now on to your sequel.

eliocecheteliocechetabout 2 years ago

One of the best story I've read on Literotica. 5*

bigurnbigurnabout 2 years ago

Just a 3 Star story. Never more, when the assholes come out ahead of the decent people...

gladventurergladventurerabout 2 years ago

Excellent writing. A 5 for me. That's evident by the sheer volume of comments below. Great use of the quotation marks for what's said versus the absence of quotation marks for showing us what the person (usually Peter) is really thinking. This story seemed a little too realistic for my liking especially when I know it didn't have to be that way. People aren't perfect, I get that. My problem with Gwen wasn't so much that she got drunk and cheated on Pete, but that she refused to be honest with herself and Pete and not just after the incident(s). Instead she acted out her immature desires without an adequate consideration of the consequences to herself as well as to Pete and then acts (somewhat) like a victim (typical) of the consequences she reaped (seperation from the man she loves). Whether she does or doesn't really love Pete is yet to be resolved. It's easier to say you love someone, but words don't speak as loudly as actions. In fact, words spoken in contrast/contradiction to actions are more an agitant than a salve that heals in these situations. Only total honesty (with herself and Pete) going forward will give her any chance with him. Pete's no angel either. Through the aforementioned use of quotations marks or absence of same, we see Pete not being totalling honest with Gwen before he left her alone at the lake. If he had, might things have turned out differently? Perhaps! We will never know because he wasn't honest about what he was feeling in the moment, not totally anyway. He did ask her to come home, but he didn't adequately explain his fear (if she stayed) to Gwyn. Perhaps Gwyn would have been angry if he did (another of Pete's fears that clouded his judgement). Perhaps she would have been angry, but it would have been better she find out that he honestly had doubts about her trustworthiness, than to let what happened happen without being honest about it. Twice he mentioned to her that she didn't sleep alone Saturday or Sunday. The second time he put the emphasis on the fact that if it had just been the one time he might have been open to reconcile. Neither time did she contest the fact that she had slept with Jeff both nights, instead of just once. This fact may become relevant in Part 2 Significant in Pete's mind and mine as well. Having been happily married for 37 years, it grieves me to see the carelessness wiith which some of us hold something as precious as the love of/for another human being ( and our commitment to each other). I am not sure that the main thing lacking in this story is love, but courage and focus. By her reaction to Pete's decision to seperate, she shows her love for Pete (or at least for their life together), but his decision now forces this idea of focus and courage. She must have thought that they could get past this if she could only make Pete see how sorry she was and how much she loved him. Unfortunately her taking that risk and sleeping with Jeff shows that she doesn't value the relationship as highly as she now claims and undermines her work to reconcile with Pete. The time for focus and courage to be honest are before you step out of bounds, because you don't get to set the penalty for being out of bounds, the "offended" party does. We often hear the defense "it didn't mean anything, it was just sex, I love only you". Well it meant something to Pete and it means something to me and since Pete is the offended the meaning he assigns to it is the one that will determine whether a reconciliation is possible. Did Gwyn even consider the fact that she was doing it with and in front of Pete's friends. This is not some mistake she stumbled or drank her way into. She chose to stay when Pete ask her to come with him. She chose to drink. She chose to not have sex with Pete for the first 3 nights she was there (really she couldn't stay awake until he was out of the bathroom?). She chose not to leave Saturday with Tom and Angie when she realized it would just be the "singles" left and the odd man out without a girlfriend there was Jeff someone she had dated and presumably slept with while they dated. She chose not to share that truth with Pete when he talked of exclusivity and before she married him. Until she faces herself, her choices, she should not question Pete's choice.

One more note, for the comments about Pete being cucked, get real. He wasn't there, it isn't what he wanted and he isn't staying around for the abuse. And he didn't ruin his life further by beating the shit out of Jeff (or worse). An he specifically stayed away from Gwyn in fear of what he would say or do to her. That's being a man in my book, in control of himself (to a degree) even in the worst circumstances. I am grateful to this author that he/she didn't take this story down that well worn and shallow path that Pete found a certain turn on by Gwyn's betrayal and it somehow lead to the best sex they ever had going forward and a total denial of his anger and hurt. The problem wasn't that Jeff and Gwyn let the little head do the thinking for the big head, this isn't a head issue, it's a heart issue. It's their hearts they silenced in order to do this. Gwyn claims to know Pete better than anyone yet she didn't know how he would feel about this betrayal? Really? Is it that she didn't know or didn't care? Or didn't care enough about how he would feel, only what she wanted to feel in that moment. Did she think he wouldn't find out? She did it with and in front of Pete's so called friends. Like Pete said, your actions say otherwise.

One final note, I love happy endings. I knew I wouldn't find it in chapter one, but thought I might in chapter 2, the sequel. However, Gwyn and friends have really stacked the deck against it, in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

When you love someone you don't fuck others behind their back. Especially not continuing the next day. and then deciding you are sorry afterward.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A mighty pen might break a marriage but you can be sure the lit cuckold tendencies will bring cuckold and cuckolder back together again.

tanglosaxtanglosaxalmost 2 years ago

Well written and very well thought out. Thank you Rhet and please keep writing. Comments from the anon trolls are just here for entertainment; ignore them. Tanglosax

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Pathetic ending

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous