All Comments on 'A Mighty Pen'

by rhetthebrat

Sort by:
  • 449 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sad! Perhaps one should look carefully at ones single friends after one gets married. The Land Mines might still be there and under foot.

BigfundrewBigfundrewalmost 2 years ago

Well written. Jeff deserved some payback.

MasterKoteMasterKotealmost 2 years ago

Good story but too bad he didn't use the pen when signing the divorce papers.. That would've been the icing on the cake

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another cheating slut ruined a top marriage for a bit of strange When will they ever learn ?????

The_OutlanderThe_Outlanderalmost 2 years ago

There is a follow up for those left hanging, just check out the author's stories page.

Now to see what happens...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ah the incredible pain, The loss of your lover and friends all at the same time. Been there have, the scars and T shirt, still hurts a lonely decade later.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
unsatisfying

I don't know who's the bigger idiot here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Uh... that's it?

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitalmost 2 years ago

Where is the ending? A decent enough story but with zero suspense, - It was pretty damned obvious what was going to happen right from the paragraph they first met! THEN, it was continuously reinforced every couple of sentences as the author works in yet another (un)subtle bloody great big hint! In fact of point, it was about as subtle as a Sledge-Hammer! It finally got so blatant that I had slowly become convinced that it must all really be an elaborate misdirection, a subterfuge to throw us all of track, -because nobody would trumpet the final twist THAT loudly, now WOULD they? . So, imagine the fireworks as the bated-breath of anticlimax imploded into itself with all the suspense of an Apple falling on Isaac Newton's head in a zero-gravity environment!

Reminded me of that absolutely dreadfully scripted TV Series of the early 70's -"Tales-of-the-Totally-Predictable"!

I was really lost for words when the very ending that had been incessantly rammed down our throats from page one was NOT stymied! I did NOT believe it! NEVER before has my ghast ever been so flabbered!

A very well-written waste of time!

R.S.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Who are these idiot commenters? The ending is excellent. After waiting sometime following the divorce Gwyn tries to get back with Pete. Pete just blows her off! That is when Gwyn releases that her husband knew that Gwyn would cheat so he placed his pen in the middle of their bed under the covers. Gwyn would only find the pen if she slept in the bed. Since Gwyn didn’t find the pen, Pete knew she cheated!

usaretusaretalmost 2 years ago

Knew it would be Jeff.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just another example, for me anyway, why “friends” are an option I can do without. Pretty good story though. I liked the little twist with the pen. Seemed like Pete knew what was going to happen, and just let it. Sad.

phill1cphill1calmost 2 years ago

I really don't know how friends could let it happen. I mean, damn, you were just hanging out with her husband.

Very cold of everyone involved at the cabin.

rbloch66rbloch66almost 2 years ago

This one was very well written. My heart broke reading this one. I know it’s fiction, but stories like this destroy any illusion I may have had about true love and unwavering commitment being possible.

parenthesisparenthesisalmost 2 years ago

What rbloch66 said.

Thanks for a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Going back to this one after seeing a link to the sequel. Read the first and last page of the sequel (I will finish later). One thing I will be looking for in it is whether Gwyn ever comes to grips with her serious lack of maturity and deficient character. She didn't respect her husband. Repeatedly.

And he needs to give some very serious introspection to the fault that lies with him. He's a pussy. And his being a pussy plays a huge and decisive role in all the pain he ends up with. Some I'm curious to see if the author addresses this adequately in part 2.

The first time I read this story my focus was on his shortcomings. Perhaps that's because I'm a man. But now, I'm looking at her behavior that weekend and it is really, really beyond the pale. Her adultery was egregious. First it was not a drunken, one-night oops. It was all weekend. And right in front of a whole group of friends. This is flagrant, at some point sober and considered infidelity. She knew what she was doing, She wanted it, she loved it, she planned to get away with it and she wasn't ashamed or repentant afterward. I thought this was a telling statement -- "Did Brian say something? It would be just like him. Jeff said he wouldn't tell." And of course, spin the bottle?!

The sequel is a romance. Author is going to have to do some really serious heavy lifting to make all this work out.

Hardknox

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

STORY WOULD BE BETTER IF THERE WAS SOME BURN THE BITCH, ESPECIALLY BURN THE FRIENDS!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

2nd read. One of my fav's on this site. I do think that it was bogged down with wayyyyyy too much meaningless detail. 2 pages instead of 4 would have been sufficient. But what a great and inventive twist, loved that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

An MC who shuts down, refuses to interact and won't give an inch is a tired cliché on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Filthy lying slut who was WARNED and still cheated. Oh, and part 2 becomes a pathetic RAAC

JayZipJayZipalmost 2 years ago

Love this. One of the reasons I finally broke down and got a userid here was to say how well done this story is. The nuance of things breaking down before he leaves for the weekend, is wonderful. .

Just saw there's a sequel. That's exciting & worrisome. I'd love to read more for this character, but don't want anything to undermine (cheapen?) this story.

Wel -- off to read it now. We'll see. 🙂

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I regret the 5, but would regret a 4, more. Great, right up until the very very... well, non-ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You have friends who don't respect and seperate married out From their prey it's on you

6King6Kingalmost 2 years ago

Hollow finish. ⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

That was a great ending. Great story without all of the histrionics.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent writing, I felt a bit wrung out at the end, I felt such sadness for both characters (Pete & Gwyn).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good writing and a terrific, original plot device. Kept me guessing till the end. And the sadness of both characters kept me guessing. Good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Hmm

Good plot but a damp squib of an ending.

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 2 years ago

So an Anonymous spilled the beans on Chapter 2. Now knowing the unreasonable will become the reality, I'll pass.

CHUCK2468CHUCK2468almost 2 years ago

This is where the story ends for me. The next chapter is a literal RAAC.

There are certain paragraphs and sentences that proves she is a deceitful and unrepentant cheater. This is a 4* story, the next is a 1*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

6,000 words into it and all it was is was an introduction. Still no idea what this story is about?

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 1 year ago

Anonymous, you are dumb.

Anyway I read this second time and all I can say it is a great story. Outstanding compared to regular crap on LW. There is one thing I hate about the story - the absence of any retribution toward "Jeff". Real guys do not let that just go, if he were a "friend" there would be a retribution. I know that could unbalance the story but if you have strength as an author, you can find the way.

jocko_smithjocko_smithover 1 year ago

Great story, and I agree with dark2donut2: Never fail to punish a friend or ally who wrongs you.

Ordinariiy, I do not advocate retribution against an "stranger interloper after the fact unless there were roofies or the like. The INTERLOPER did not make promises to you, they're simply exploiting an opportunity.

Your own SPOUSE or significant other made and broke the promise, save your scorn and any retribution (if you go that route) for them.

But an ally or friend who wrongs you deserves at least as much retribution (if you go that way) as your spouse/SO. Their relationship with you is another promise of sorts.

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonover 1 year ago

Sad story that happens in real life far too often.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Seems some so-called adults never really outgrow their "frat" mentality no matter what age they've reached.

Same old root cause: too much alcohol mixed with too many singles and a spouse left behind to play in that bear pit because the hub couldn't come straight out and say exactly what he could see about to happen.

Saturday may have been a drunken mistake on her part but Sunday she knew what was what and still stayed there. Doomed by her own actions and choice.

And no retribution on Brian or Jeff? Def not the way it should be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

wonderful story, and the build up of tension was great. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was my second time reading your story and found it just as entertaining as the first time. Well done

KiwihunterKiwihunterover 1 year ago

What a wimp. He couldn't put his relationship before his ego. She's way better off without a crybaby little batch like h

BAnde53507BAnde53507over 1 year ago

Took me a second to figure out the significance of the pen. Read the paragraph twice before I figured it out. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yep. Typical woman. A lting, cheating slut when they think they can get away with it. Any then they try to come up with all sorts of excuses. Good riddance to an unfaithful bitch. With friends like those who the fuck needs enemies. And as far as Jeff, what a loser. Some day he will piss off the wrong person and wind up without balls or a dick.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why do people like kiwihunter post comments like that. Look at the biography for him or her and that explains it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Don't understand what happens to people when they behave badly and don't expect there to be any consequences.

Texican1830Texican1830over 1 year ago

Did they ever find Jeff’s mangled body?

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 1 year ago

I gave it a 5 because it was damn well written.

I didn’t like that it was over half way into the story before things really started but it was still well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To all those who call him a wimp and say he should get over his ego and forgive her , I would like to say that one night of getting drunk and losing inhibitions and cheating could , maybe , just scrape into the forgiveness zone .

Going back a second night for a repeat is the killer .

Its not about ego , it's about what happens the next time they find themselves apart . Trust has been damaged

. What if he decides what is sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander .

Not a great environment to consider starting a family in is it ?

A good story . Well written . I thought it flowed nicely .

4 *

DK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To the commenters below: read the sequel. It was one night, one slip, not all weekend. Read the sequel. Together the two are amazing. The remorse from Gwyn is just palpable and powerful. Amazing, gripping story. One of the best reconciliation stories on this site. Bar none.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

[...and she desperately wanted to tell me what happened that Independence Day weekend. I figured she wanted to unburden her conscience, but I really didn't want to have any more pictures in my head, so I flatly refused. She could come clean in her individual session.]

=== probably wouldn't have made a difference on hindsight but this was a stupid decision on his part. He assumed she did it two nights in a row because he assumed she slept with Jeff (or whoever) on Saturday night. Read the sequel. She did not. She got hammered, everyone did, and they passed out on couches downstairs with zero sex. Sunday is when she betrayed him dn their marriage. Again drunk, high, and playing dangerous games with Jeff being the asshole trying yo get back into her pants. And she did not just one night but ONE time. But his patent refusal to even discuss anything,means the hurt for him is even worse than it needed yo be. Then again I doubt he would have gotten past even one such incident and the end would have been similar. Read the sequel!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To the commenter who says it read the sequel , it was just one night not the whole weekend .

He left his pen in their bed . Had she slept in it , she would have found it . Therefore she spent her nights in another bed .

She was unfaithful one night only ? Really !!!

Sex or not , she was cheating .

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

Varying degrees of comments shows a story that divides opinion,,that shows how well it as been written. Me I am not sure about how it needed to end, I think a follow up his badly needed then I might know in my own mind if she can be forgiven or not. The character development is an art not many author's have, but this one as it in spades. 5*

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

I posted a comment, without mentioning 'The Pen' I wondered how he knew she had cheated. How clever to trap her so easily, only great author's come out with things like that, pardon the 'pun' but it was a master stroke.

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayover 1 year ago

Hate sad endings but well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The "if it had only been Saturday ..." he would have tried to overlook her gangbang bit loses a star. Stupid, wimpy, virtue signaling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I READ SOME OF THE CONTENTS AND DISAGREE. I ONLY GAVE THE STORY A 2 BECAUSE WHEN IT WAS OVER I WAS JUST SAD.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story, one of my favorites.

Note, no one would ever fly into Portland, ME to go to VT. Going east-west in northern New England is really slow and all backroads. A beautiful drive but not the best choice in terms of ease of travel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I could understand why he was done with the friends. Friends who won't stand up for you aren't worth having as friends.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

I am generally forgiving when it comes to non btb stories of divorce and/or an ending of a relationship. I feel the current rating is exceedingly generous (likely due to the bitter men who are incapable of nuance and suffer under the delusion that one and done is a life constant).

Ultimately my issue is that while this story was well written, it lacked substance necessary to deliver the emotional impact promised. It was glaringly obvious what was happening but you failed to reference the loss of respect that was clearly portrayed. You basically turned a gradual loss of respect and intimacy into a one and done event. You were building a climax and then changed the events to an all encompassing single betrayal but that wasn't what occurred. She may have taken a vacation from her marriage during the weekend of sex but that was hardly the only issue. As a result the story lacked cohesiveness.

The divorce may have satisfied enough readers to grant you a near 90% approval but that doesn't represent the quality of writing. Just take care to follow your arc and development. This story had tremendous promise. As much as you claim Gwen loved and appreciated her marriage, everything you wrote after discussing children suggests otherwise. It's glaringly obvious she neither respected her husband or was even remotely devoted to their future. Writing that she loved him cannot erase what you developed prior. Consistency is everything

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent story. I mean really good. I thought it captured the essence of what often happens in the relationships of 20 somethings.

The progression of being carefree...then advancing educations and jobs and then careers. Moving into responsibilities...marriages, paying bills, mortgages, and kids and families.

It's not always an easy transition. And often times one partner in a marriage isn't ready to accept. There's hesitancy. Sometimes a disconnect. And those issues must be worked through. Conversation. Patience. Help from family and friends. But it's hard for some people to accept an adult life.

And I thought you did a great job describing this couple's transitions...and then the obvious issues and disconnect that Gwen was having.

Married couples are often insinc in ways that no outsider will ever understand. The author wrote this MC in such a way that he knew something was off about his partner. As a reader through his description it was CLEAR she had entered a phase of not only dismissal but disrespect of him...their vows...and their plans as a family moving forward with children. These were plans they had discussed. Together as well as with their parents and close circle.

It's obvious she was struggling. And instead of dealing with it...discussing it with her husband. Or her mother. Or best friend. Or even a professional counselor of some kind? She shrugged off every attempt her husband made. Ignored her parents as well as other couples she knew...and at the first chance to "party and let loose"...she fucks one of her husband's best friends (and very possibly Brian and other single men who were there) for 2 nights in a row.

The use of the pen (originally a gift from her) as a literary device and the way for him to prove her infidelity was well done. When they have the phone conversation where he confronts her and tells her that he knows...as a reader you are not sure HOW he knows she spent the last 2 nights in bed with another man? But he knows. His conviction is unflappable. And when confronted...she folds like the guilt ridden tramp she has become. It's not until the end of the story we find out exactly how he knew by use of the pen. Very nicely done.

Then once confirmed in the story that she never found the pen...he is not interested in her psyche. Her reasoning. The details. He just does not care.

Her betrayal is that. It started well before the weekend. For the better part of the year prior she dismissed his every attempt to communicate about their relationship. Their future. Their family. It wasn't that she got angry or mad or even had an impatient outburst. Worse. She seemed apathetic. Like she just didn't care. Children and their family future were not even worthy of engaging about.

He saw all of this. Then experienced her disrespect that night before he left.

Yeah. It was pretty clear something had shifted inside of her.

And this kind of thing happens ALL the time in the real world. And his reaction? Also happens all the time in the real world.

How many people do you know that when finding out a partner has cheated? Simply walk away. Done. Over. Don't care about all the motivations, details, reasons or want to talk about it ad nauseum? I know MOST of the people in my circle who divorced because of infidelity never go to counseling. Never flesh out the deepest motivations for their failed relationships. They just know the relationship started to go wierd...and then a partner got caught cheating. The end. Time to split finances. Pack your shit. And argue about who gets the big screen. And that's where this author chose to take the story. Most of the blanks are filled in. We can all tell what her big fucking problems are. We dont need 4 more pages of dialogue explaining that she was feeling trapped. How she was feeling older. And didn't want to give away her youth and freedom. And she felt like he was pushing her into motherhood. Blah blah blah.

I really liked the story...and feel like the current rating might be a little lower than I would rate it. But it's probably not scored higher because of all the btb enthusiasts here feel like he should have outed her slutty behavior in a bigger way to her family and friends humiliating her even worse. Or he should have kneecapped Jeff one dark night...and kicked him in the balls 4 or 5 times while laying on the ground.

But in the end...what he did was worse. He just got his stuff out of the house quietly. Told her he knew and the marriage was over. And he NEVER let her explain or justify or give details. She'll suffer so much more in her future the way he ended it.

Lastly...@AngelRider who just posted prior to my comment. It's funny you bring up delusional and bitter...pot meet kettle.

Good lord lady...you are quick to judge all the readers who liked and have scored this story as bitter men who are incapable of nuance?

Well...allow me then...after what I consider a fairly well reasoned explanation as to why I liked the story...to sum up all of my "bitter and lack of nuance" to just tell you to go fuck yourself in the ass with your biggest dildo you pretentious asshole.

It's obvious with the "delusion that one and done is a life constant" comment exactly what you are. And exactly what your life has been. You ARE a cheater. How many "one and done" drunk one night stands have you had? How many affairs have you had that ruined long term relationships? My guess is lots. And in most cases those men you cheated on fell into your "bitter men who are incapable of nuance..." category? They kicked your ass to the curb for cheating while the entire time you tried to explain and justify. And now you feel like most men are just bitter and suffer delusions about infidelity. Next you'll tell us all that it's your body and no one (not even your husband or BF) can tell you what to do with it.

The story did NOT lack cohesiveness. It DID deliver on the fact that this stupid selfish woman dismissed her husband and their marriage and future for a weekend fuckfest with some of his friends. And then thought they'd be able to get past it. It was obvious to all that read the story that she had problems. And what her problems were. I mean how much more could he have explained how she avoided at all costs for months any talk of children and their family?

And all of that added into the "right place at the right time" series of events leading up to her being at the lake alone with a bunch of single guys? That shit happens all the time. It doesn't need another 20 pages of story arc fleshing out what happened.

She met a man. Fell deeply in love. They married. He got a masters degree. They settled into great careers and the monotony of grown up married life started to weigh on her. Then she started face the reality of 2 or 3 children in her future. Pressure from husband. Pressure from her parents. Pressure from his parents. From other family. Friends. About babies. And she changed. Obviously was dealing with a lot of issues. And she didn't talk about all of these doubts and issues with anyone. Instead...she dealt with it in the stupidest and most immature way possible.

And before she even had time to process it? She ruined her life. Oh sure...she's still young. She'll eventually get over it. But this failing will always be there. Tainting all of her relationships for a great many years. Her parents. Her siblings. Future romantic relationships. All because she was too dumb to actually confront her fears and doubts enough to talk about them. And then if determined that her goals had changed...she did not want children and a traditional family then to be honest with her husband and move on with life.

Not have a drunken weekend orgy like some college coed on spring break, and try and hide it from her husband.

I was actually able to gather all of that from the current story arc. I didn't need any more from the author. Funny how I picked up all of those nuances from the story as written.

In closing. Let me repeat. AR...go fuck yourself and your ridiculous analysis. I think what you state on your profile intro is maybe the most self aware thing about you. You are right. Sometimes you are just a bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, sad ending. Once again a woman with no sense of right and wrong, delusional and self serving destroys a number of lives.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 1 year ago

Second time I read this, so I guess I lied when I said ‘A Comfort Woman’ was the first of your stories I had read. I must have missed something the first time, for I see I only rated it a 3 whereas after this second reading, I felt it should have been a 5.

Keep up the good work, cd

BTW, anybody have any idea about this sequel one commentator claims to have read? I'd like to read it.

jrphdojrphdoover 1 year ago

Good story. It is hard to stomach nothing at all happening to Jeff.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerover 1 year ago

Loved it even as the plot was telegraphed at the beginning. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

No damn revenge on Jeff - that is baloney. That bastard would have been in a hospital or blown up in his car!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Amazing story.

Please keep writing!

WillmottWillmottover 1 year ago

What kind of man doesn't try at least break done bones from the offender?

AllNigherAllNigherover 1 year ago

Willmott... In real life: the kind of man who doesn't want to go to jail and possibly ruin his career and life over a cheating wife. The other stories you read are just stories. Feels good to read it here but in real life when it happens it causes as much or more life damage to the person getting revenge.

Rhetthebratt: Good story. Felt real.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I've started to write a response to this story several times. I realized there is nothing to be said, oh sure BTB and the so-called friends also, but it just didn't seem like it would have any made difference to Pete. What Pete did and how he handled the situation was about all that he could have done. That said, having to look over ones shoulder....

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 1 year ago

I re-read this again, and although I wish every story had a happy ending, life just isn't like that and neither is fiction. This is a brilliantly written story. It's brilliance is it's truth. Most marriage end in this way; a whimper rather than a bang. And suffering takes place alone, both mentally and physically. The desire for physical revenge is always there but rarely turns to action in this day and age. For that only leads to bigger problems. The law makes that so. This was so well written, and so full of truth, that it seemed real. And because it seemed real, it chilled me to the bones. I slept, pressed against my husband even tighter last night, thanking my lucky stars knowing he would never have to lose his pen.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

How is this story and its sequel not rated higher?

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 1 year ago

No respect for Pete the possum. That's what he played instead of maybe kicking Jeff several times in the nuts. She was not wife and mother material. She proved it by stalling getting pregnant I loved the writers tale and the way he told it....Right up to the segway between 3 and 4. I was lost a bit

DrgwngDrgwngabout 1 year ago

What is it with our hero, and thousands of others not telling others what happened. Why the silence. He was wronged, tell the truth. We always have this s idiotic trope that our hero cannot be straight, it is up to the cheater to tell the truth. Really an overused concept that makes little sense.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year ago

I think the most painful part of this story is that it rings true. This can happen. This does happen.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year ago

I think the most painful part of this story is that it rings true. This can happen. This does happen. She should have been safe with friends, but they were immature and she forgot who she was.

groaningbumpgroaningbumpabout 1 year ago

A really great story. Heartbreaking, and very believable. Thanks for sharing. - gb

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 1 year ago

Jeff needed to feel pain

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 1 year ago

She never planned it???? But fucked him two nights in a row. The 2nd night was definitely planned.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Brilliant piece, feels very realistic. The last exchange with Gwyn was the best part.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

4 stars. The author had the balls to write the hero with some dignity and respect. The cunt cheated and the hero bailed. The hero did what intelligent men do and distance themselves from unsolvable problems caused by others. The cunt cheated with a childhood friend so be it. That's their problem and not the hero's. Hero fires them all moves away and gets on with his life. The good news is the hero doesn't have to worry about the cunt saddling him with kids and child support for 20 yrs after she cheats again!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
*

too lame ending

imhaplessimhaplessabout 1 year ago

heart wrenching but excellent. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A classic. Especially whe combined with its successor. We learn that she only slipped once on Sunday night. Saturday night she was drunk and high,.so wasted with everyone else, she she crashed in the living room with a couple of girlfirends and the guys also wasted elsewhereon the room. Sunday night she was again wasted but not so much to pass out, fucked her marriage away for a short 15-30 minutes and went to sleep, waking up in distress. A sad story. But she knew she blew up her marriage. An amazing story and so sad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Definitely a classic. People will read this great story for many years

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good story, romance, drama, heart and emotions tied in and up, MC seems a good, understandable dude, not quite enough good eroticism.

One (1/2?) point of contention: women, lots of times, go for comfort, I think there would be a solid chance she took her lover to her bed, where "her" stuff and temporary place was. This might change the outcome. There is an associated minor point that also would change said outcome, having to do with cleaning and packing.

That written, it was not necessary, proof arrived in other ways.

I see upon reading more comments that you have a sequel. I suggest you do it with chapters in the title next time, you are a good writer, and, it should be easy for your fans to follow your work.

Five for you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why does Pete do nothing about Jeff goading him over and over in public, in front of his wife? Why are the men in your stories sad wimps that you want the reader to feel sorry for? There's a difference between being a decent guy and a wimp. Sad and pitiful aren't attractive qualities.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The main character is exactly the type of guy who gets cheated on. Spineless, gets cucked by a friend who was making fun of him in front of all their friends and NEVER confronts Jeff? Not even in the follows up story. Women easily lose attraction to "Men" like this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The so called friends are disgusting. Anyone who doesn’t shun the adulterer is an enabler. As bad as the wife’s behavior is, the “friends” acceptance of it is worse in the big picture. This lack of shame, and unwillingness to rebuke bad behavior is why our society is failing.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Will be so much better without scum he called friends and self-absorbed cheating skank slut ex-wife. Move on!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Turns out Gwynne was a slut in waiting. Too bad she didn't wind up on skid row turning drunken tricks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I gave you 5 stars, but thought you spent far too much time on how they met and eventually got married. You opened with a paragraph about signing the divorce papers, so we already knew how the story would end. The first page and a half was boring for me; I only wanted to hear what went wrong.

.

Still a very good story, full marks. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Knew what part of the group was like and stayed with group. Married but still playtime. Drinking with friends Yes overindulge No

Going out alone with spouse once a week before and after kids. Going out with friends before kids once every two weeks and only for dinner and drinks (few) . After kids as special occasions permit. Spouse and kids come first. So shit for brains didn't call her on drinking,name, and left her with other shit for brains. No empathy for MC

GamblnluckGamblnluck12 months ago

The friends' opinions were the worst thing. "Jeff was just being Jeff." Jeff should have felt some retribution. major type retribution.

TrustingagainTrustingagain12 months ago

I’ve read this one several different time and I always enjoy it. So adding it to my favorites.

vanyevanye12 months ago

She didn't find the pen until after the divorce? Where the fuck was she staying.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Just Wow!! What a powerful, believable story filled with great, authentic dialogue! This is one of the best stories on Literotica in the LW genre that I’ve read in some time. So sad,…so real! Five stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

With friends like that who needs enemies? And not taking sides? A bastard destroyed a home with the help of a good for nothing wife, and hurled insults at an honest man along with the rest of the assholes.

A btb sequel would be much nicer, especially one where the bastards are horrifyingly humiliated.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler12 months ago

Loved the story. Thanks

5 stars

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x11 months ago

While I like the idea of leaving the pen on the bed as a test to see if she slept there (though couldn't she have cheated there?), but I don't like that we weren't told at the time that he did. We still wouldn't know the details till later.

Schlouis57Schlouis5711 months ago

Putain, il n'a pas de couilles. J'aurais cassé les bras, les jambes de Jeff et fais bouffer ses couilles!

AstordatairAstordatair11 months ago

I really, really loved this one! 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

JUST PLAIN SAD. MC did nothing but curl up and take the shit? WTF? What a fucking pussy. He should have at least punched Jeff in the face.

RileyKingRileyKing10 months ago

EXCELLENT!!!! 5 stars.

So sad, but I love how Pete didn’t cave. I’d have liked him to get a little revenge of Jeff but Gwyn sounds miserable and hopefully she stays that way

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous