All Comments on 'A Mighty Pen'

by rhetthebrat

Sort by:
  • 449 Comments (Page 5)
Ganymede69Ganymede6910 months ago

5 stars . I kinda want a follow up story though…..

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x10 months ago

('m too lazy to go through 400+ comments, so this may have been said before: You could MAYBE chalk up Saturday to a drunken mistake, but she was sober Sunday.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A good story . Well written too .

I'm another who would be interested in a follow-up . Why other ?

4 *

DK

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Epilogue: After the divorce Gwen tried to hook up with Jeff but he just laughed in her face. "You're used good Gwennie, I've been there and done that. Quite frankly it wasn't all that great. You can probably make a living on your back if your customers set the bar low enough. Now get the fuck out of here trash." He slammed the door in her face. She cried and cried but was all alone. A year later Jeff had an "accident." Apparently he fell down six flights of stairs and spent the rest of his pathetic life in a wheel chair.

Sumnut96Sumnut969 months ago

Too much lead-up, not enough story for 4 pages in LW. MC is a big wimp. 4 stars. DMW aka

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

As much as part of me wants a follow-up telling the tale of how Pete and Gwyn meet up a couple of lonely years later and give it a second go... or the tale of how the don't but learn the lessons of their failed marriage to make their second last and the end up friends with a shared past while living their individual happily ever afters, I'm also really happy that there isn't a second chapter. Life is, well complicated, and happily ever afters are sadly rare and hard to come by... its what makes them so special for those lucky enough to have them, or be around to watch people who have them. Most of the time there are only regrets, regrets like 2 people wgo love each other driven apart by a mistake. Its sad, its heartbreaking but its life, and this story does a wonderful job showing that by leaving the reader wondering the the 2 questions that will always haunt humanity until the end of time... "What if?" and "What's next?"

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I thought that this was a 5 star story. Was it the best written story on the site? No. Was it particularly unique? No. It was real. I liked that the characters and friendships were realistic. I liked that gut feeling that something was happening.

Let’s be honest, we all have that feeling. Justified or not. We know when something may potentially happen. A blind accusation wouldn’t have worked. Random events, weird coincidences, and bad judgment conspired against a genuine relationship.

I liked the length of the story and it was well written. Smart, short, and harsh. It was good. Great even.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

To anonymous from 16 days ago there is a part 2, it's this one Two Halves or a Whole? A mighty pen sequel by the same writer. It's good too, but it's in the romance section.

This story reminds me of the Bridge, but it seems more realistic, as there aren't any rich guys or helicopters to help the rich guy leave. The people at the cabin are just normal everyday friends that are close friends, or at least were at the start of the story. The wife is a self centered bitch, who thought she could have fun and get away with having an affair with one of his friends. Since she never found the pen, she never slept in her own bed the last 2 days she was there. I loved this story and gave it 5 stars, along with putting it in my personal favorites. Thanks for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Fuck Jeff. That bitch never got his

HighBrowHighBrow8 months ago

Depressing from start to finish, but what I didn’t like about this Femdom agitprop was the copious non-essential detail.

.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A good story but I only gave it a 2 cause it was so sad...

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

5 stars

As much as it frustrated me, it was so realistic that that cocksucker Jeff just got away with it. In real life there really aren't many people who would plan some elaborate revenge to burn both of them. It would be different if he and Jeff were in the same room, then any man would have attacked his former 'friend', but the author never hints that he and Jeff saw each other after that weekend.

Still, Jeff is one of the most loathsome characters, especially when he started bragging about it. That's so fucked up. I sincerely hope he ends up dying horribly by an act of karmic retribution.

BSreaderBSreader7 months ago
Jeff

Got away with destroying a marriage he should have had his face smashed. I gave you 4 stars for that reason.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

He was much better off without such fucked up friends. They were all atrocious.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

pete, jeff needed a ass kicking.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I agree with the last commenter. Jeff should have faced physical retribution. He wasn't some dude that met her at a business conference, of even a predator from work. He was a good friend, and by betraying that, he needed to suffer the consequences. But the pen idea? That might have worked for night #1, but not the next night. All of her shit was in her room. No way she doesn’t go back to her room, to change clothes or put on make-up. When he asked about the pen, she would have found it the next day. So she would have called and said she found it with the bed covers, but must have missed it the night before, because she was drunk. I order for this story line to work, it would have meant 2 days with no change of clothes. Last, she could tell hubby didn’t trust her to be alone with them. But she was going to fuck loudmouth Jeff for 2 days, with witnesses? This totally did not make sense, as all women, try to protect their reputation. Ask this question to someone you are dating. “ How many sexual partners have you had?”. The man will inflate his number by at least double, the woman will reduce her number 5 or 10 fold. If she said 5 people, it’s gonna be 25-50. No woman who valued her marriage, would do this. I think she wanted to be single again, and she got her wish...

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A good read . Entertaining .

I guessed he would put the pen in the bed as an infidelity test . It was kind of telegraphed .

I did think she might find it thereby making a neat twist to what is really a formulaic story .

Not a particularly nice group of friends . The couples would be better off distancing themselves from Jeff . Would have been nice to see some kind of retribution in that direction .

DK . 4 * .

Thanks for posting .

looking4itlooking4it6 months ago

The reason Jeff could get away with it was because the group of friends passively supported his life choices, including good ole Pete, by say8ng Jeff is just being Jeff. Tell him he’s an asshat and exclude him in some activities. He will either realize they’re right or he will find a new supportive group. Either way, no one in the “gang” will have to worry about him messing up their relationships.

slowhand21slowhand216 months ago

Just “Jeff being Jeff.” What a bunch of scumbags. Karma needs to kick Jeff in the teeth.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndy6 months ago

Well written, good dialogue and well created characters with storylines. It is about one of saddest LW stories I have read in some time. More true to life than see in many stories on this site. Definitely no winners and all losers especially the single friends in this story. Jeff and Brian were completely loser characters as shown near the end. Seeing the comment count at 420 I am impressed! Only good or bad stories get counts that high! Well done to rhetthebrat for this creation and stirring LW posters to comment in such large numbers!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

gopher25gopher256 months ago

When Gwyn said she never planned it, why didn't Pete point out that on the contrary, her adamant refusal to go home with him made it clear she was planning to get laid.

gopher25gopher256 months ago

One commenter claimed that Gwyn would see the pen when she went into the room to change clothes. Not so if the pen was between the sheets.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

i'm glad i don't have ' friends ' like that .

FluidswallowerFluidswallower5 months ago

Quite a sad tale, but an excellent read! Thanks.

GardenshedGardenshed5 months ago

I have read this story many time and it gets better and better. It is so realistic and sad. Pete is at his lowest, to cheated by his childhood friend. Then to find out Gwen was dating Jeff while she started dating Pete! Still surprised Pete never confronted Jeff especially when he started bragging about it. I would be waiting in the dark somewhere with a nice aluminum bat, to rearrange Jeff’s face and other appendages.

On to the next part of the story, which is even better…..

Hope you put on more stories. Thanks for writing. 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

redboat7redboat75 months ago

Great story! Loved it!

Just_WordsJust_Words5 months ago

Every now and again I stumble back onto this story and every time it works for me. So simple. No electronics. No private investigator. And no friend. Just betrayal and a pen. It's brilliant! It's 5*****! all the way!

mariverzmariverz5 months ago

Concuerdo con solo palabras, está historia tiene la fuerza para en 4 páginas generar una tristeza ... Fuerte ... Una historia sencilla y realista.

Tan sencilla y realista que da miedo ...

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x5 months ago

To respond to my own comment of a few months ago, he pretty much said the same thing, that maybe if it had just been the drunken Saturday,he might have been able to get by it, but not Sunday.

\

They were, or should have been adults, not drink so much that they lose all control.

\

Since when do adults play "Truth or Dare?" Even if they do, why say "Dare," which, while we're not told, I would imagine that they dared her to do things she shouldn't.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

3rd time through, definitely one of the best on the site. Realistic and emotive. As a married couple, they really should not have been partying with a bunch of freakin' losers like that - it had disaster written all over it. I've seen this kind of childish and irresponsible behavior amongst alleged adults, and it never ends up well. Thayt's one reason this story is so resonant. You really could put yourself into the scene. Would have like to see some confrontation with the scumbag Jeff, that would have been cool. But no need, perfect as it is. 5 stars all day long.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA4 months ago

Why no retribution on Brian and Jeff. I will tell you why. Pete would rather be a victim and that is why Gwyn fucked them. Not because of any pressure or any other crap. He was weak Also he was lucky Now he won't worry if the party girl he was mismatched with is out chairing instead he can pick someone more in tune with his lifestyle and get questions answered like fidelity and children. The story wasn't my cup of tea but it was well constructed.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler4 months ago

This is a wonderfully written story that had the ending signs throughout. And since the outcome was obvious I would have liked to see some type of surprise ending.

Thanks for an awesome read. Looking forward to some more of your stories. Four stars.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Amazing story. Read the next segment. Turns out it wad only one night, one instance while high on weed and drunk (Sunday night). Saturday night she and the rest communal crashed in the living room high on weed and drunk. Her fall was on Sunday night. Still really well written and heart rending. Second chapter is also really good but has a long reconciliation, so be warned. Buy imho, one of the best reconciliation stories on this site, as it is hard to imagine the ex wife doing more than she does to atone. Good stuff. But to each their own. 5 blazing stars.

FaShUnPhOtOgFaShUnPhOtOg4 months ago

What a beautiful story and so sad. When I was younger, I was a pastoral counselor and saw this story play out all too often. One was a good friend of mine and I was devastated when, after years of counseling with me and a marital counselor in Chicago, their attempt at reconciliation failed. Depressed over his wife’s infidelity and the knowledge that he was not the father of their first child, he stepped in front of a train and ended his misery. She never forgave herself and eventually succumbed to the liver failure caused by her alcohol abuse.

The children told me a few years after my friend’s death that apparently she had run into her old boyfriend before the wedding and had one last fling. Then, after a few years of marriage and the birth of her second child, she and her daughters were home on leave visiting family (he and I were in the military and were stationed overseas). She ran into her old boyfriend - the one to whom she had given the gift that should have been only for her husband. She had long suspected who her daughter’s father really was so she had a paternity test performed and confirmed what she suspected. She began a torrid affair with him that lasted the entire time she was home visiting family. When she returned to England she confessed and that was the beginning of the end. My friend loved her dearly and her confession destroyed him.

He was in security forces and was tasked with guarding a very top secret spy plane (yes, I knew which. We both held clearances that allowed us to discuss our jobs). His first attempt at suicide was when he stepped in front of the jet’s engine during pre-flight checks. Fortunately the pilot saw what he was doing and did not turn the engines on. Instead he called for help and my friend spent weeks under psychiatric care with the chief of psychiatry at my request. The doctor was a personal friend of mine and assured me he would do his best. When my friend didn’t get better, he and his family were transferred stateside and he eventually was stripped of rank and medically discharged. His clearance was revoked and he couldn’t find a job. He felt like such a failure as a husband and as a man and that led to his demise.

As a pastoral counselor we always tried for reconciliation when it’s clear the love is deep between the parties - if it weren’t the pain would not be felt so deeply by the offended party. Sadly, in most cases, that depth of love just isn’t there so reconciliation fails. It also takes complete remorse on the cheater’s part and in her case, she could never stop fantasizing about her old boyfriend. Until her husband, the man who loved her and her children so much he would sacrifice anything and everything for them. In the end, according to the note he left behind, that’s what he did so she could be free to be with her first love. With deep guilt and regret, she remained unmarried and never dated. After the children were grown, she turned to the bottle and died alone in a hospital ward.

Rsamperi11Rsamperi114 months ago

Pretty good story

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Really good story. Very well written. Also incredibly sad. For me one of the worst parts was that the married couples didn't drop Jeff and his single friends from their group. If he would sleep with one wife and not be told to stay away what's stopping him from targeting another one? Very clever twist with the pen although it would all have fallen apart if Gwyn had taken Jeff to her bed. All in all a well above average story. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I understand the high praise for the story. However, I was let feeling empty and sad. have seen the story pay out to often in real life. Fidelity is the glue that keeps a marriage together. Often alcohol or drugs destroy a marriage. Sorry, no rating. Advice? I hope never to read another story like this one. Read at your own risk.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Wasted read. Only thing in this story was the pen. No loyalty among friends, no payback, nothing but pain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

RTB is obviously a great writer. My problem with this story is that more than half of it was backstory, not really relevant to the plot. It could have been handled in a few paragraphs. Then of course the meat of the story is abbreviated. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I agree RTB is a very good writer (I gave this 5 big stars), and this story does have a lot of backstory to it, but then you are dealing with 6 or more people. In most stories the people involved would unintentionally get their names changed (yes even the best on here do it), but not in this one. I did like this one better than "The Bridge" though, as it seemed more realistic.

And yes, I have read part 2 of this ("Two halves or a whole"), which I loved. The wife does go thru a lot of work to get them back together. It was well written as well, and earned the RAAC it gets.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 1 month ago

It's a decent story that is hampered by too much back story. It felt like a very, very long pre-amble to the "main event" (which it was). Perhaps it could have been told in flash back during the main narrative instead?

H. JekyllH. Jekyllabout 1 month ago

One of the saddest stories I have read here, almost profoundly so. The back story -- yes I agree with others that it could be shortened. Okay. End of criticisms. The breakdown weekend was exquisite, haunting. I have a bias for reconciliation (and a reputation, among those who have read my stories), and this is one of those stories that hypothetically could have gone either way, so maybe it affected me more. All in all, it's a great story. Thank you for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Kind of a story, strangely told.

It was like a stone skipping across a much longer, more detailed story - a lot of splashes. Diminishing splashes, then a final ‘plunk’, and ‘that’s all folks.’

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 1 month ago

I skipped 2 pages of back story and had all sorts of time.

calibamma707calibamma70725 days ago

Why let Jeff off scott free? To many of you writers say nothing of the man she gets with. What’s up with that. Must be a I feared for my life type

Nothingman83Nothingman8323 days ago

Jeff needed to have a serious accident. He knowingly went after his long-time friend's wife, fucked her for a weekend, then bragged about it. Yeah, definitely a serious fall on the handrail of a nice set of stairs.

drbenchpress66drbenchpress6611 days ago

One of my buddies did what Jeff did and he’s serious fucked. That’s gotta be one of the worst ways you can betray someone lol

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous