All Comments on 'A New Beginning'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 120 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Damn DG!

This is about the third time I was the first to comment. Your stories are some of the best and most realistic that I read on this sight. Once I start I have to stay with it. They are great reading. How do you do it? There isn't a week goes by that I don't see a story by DG Hear. Also thanks for submitting the complete story, I guess I get impatient and want the next chapter. If it's to long I can bookmark it and come back. As always I want to thank you for another realistic and well written story.

An avid Fan of DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
outstanding story

you forgave everybody but bree and she was a good wife until your friends fuck it up for her.you should kept the wife and got somemore friends.bree was the victim in this story.good story and keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Fantastic Story

Once again you've written an excellent story for us to enjoy. I believe all involved got what they deserved and the only thing Bree was a victim to was a prank done in very poor taste, other than that she did the rest all on her own. I understand a revenge f*** but within an hour of assuming hubby was cheating on you, she got what she deserved. Once again Thanks for your stories they are always a pleasure to read.

Blue88Blue88about 18 years ago
Sweet

Good job, DG. It's always nice to read one of your stories.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 18 years ago
Very good story

The feeling is that Bree is the only one who suffered.

He should have found some method of retaliation of the jokesters who ruined his marriage. I really can't believe she would drag the first man she could find into their bed. That really is NO trust of him. I think she should know better. At least enough to question what was going on before rushing off.

RicticRicticabout 18 years ago
Great Story As Always

Another great story by DG Hear. I think Bree was a real victim in this story. The friends are eventually forgiven but not Bree. Could there perhaps be another story soon about Bree. I am a fan of yours always.

Risq_001Risq_001about 18 years ago
Fantastic story!

No "Bookend Husbands" here.

I really liked your story because while the husband did admit, and continue to admit, he really loved his ex-wife, he also stated that he couldn't live with what she had done and that knowledge forced him to move on. And even though it did take awhile he did move on with his life and find someone else that made him feel that way too. What a way to tell that story. For the main character that was a happy ending for him and the one he found.

But I disagree with Rictic, in the way you told your story Bree was only a "victim" of her own actions not due to the actions of others. She could have confirmed "who" was having sex with who in story, but she chose to believe the worst without verifying who it was. That's always a bad choice to do.

You could really "stretch" it to say that she may have been a victim of a bad joke as well, but even then she was more accountable to her husband (and he likewise to her) for the actions that followed than any of their friends could ever be forced to be. Now if the friends had tricked her into having sex with someone else, then she would be a victim of a bad prank.

That being said, I could still see him forgiving her over time just like he did eventually forgive his friends, but I don't see him cheating on his new wife to be with her.

But still I can't see anyone who deliberately does something like this to try their best to hurt someone else, even if it due to faulty information given to them, as a victim. Victims are usually someone who is harmed by a situation beyond their control. The prank played by the friends was one in bad tatse but it wouldn't have really harmed her. Sleeping with a man she didn't know in their bed, just to get even with her husband, was something designed for maximum hurt by this character, and could have resulted in someones death if the husband was a violent person.

That doesn't make her a victim by any stretch of the imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Another great job as usual DG!

I thought you handled the breakup with Bree particularly well. All she had to do was walk in the office and verify, or failing that do something as radical as talking to him.

DJ

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
Wonderful romance and situations

This was a very good romance and would have fit into loving wives but who cares it’s romantic. I have no reaction with any other comments made as they are based on how each person perceived the characters in the story. We all know Bree was written with a mind set of she had said; she wish she had gotten back at her ex-husband by fucking someone in front of him for revenge after she found him bending his secretary over the desk. The prank transported her to be instantly back in time of her first marriage. It is very plausible she would go nuts and say not again and not be of normal mind, just going intensely crazy without any thought. She had already made up her mind before this incident and there was nothing to contemplate, just rage.

So how you had Jack react was open to a few options.

Bree was not in her right mind on this one thing and there was little if any chance she would have reacted to anything else in their life without talking to him first. There was no going off halfcocked and getting drunk without thought, she didn’t have to think she already new what was to be done.

Jacks ego was shattered, he didn’t even think about what happened only himself and his love for her was not strong enough to even have communication with Bree after time went by. It makes you wonder how strong the love he had for Bree really was. Jack comes off as a person with low self-esteem and can’t get past his own hurt ego and never gave her a thought on this one occasion.

Hey without these characters response there wouldn’t have been this great story.

Your stories are always great and thought provoking. It’s just so much fun to read and contemplate your characters and their reactions.

Thank you, With the highest of regards

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 18 years ago
good

A supper good storya very good ending

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Fine story but

Your usual well written story, but the so-called prank performed by his friends is, even in a fantasy, the stupidest, cruelest prank I've ever read about. I would have had the friends all fired for stupidity if nothing else. Sure the wife's instant revenge is pretty far-fetched and rediculous, but stereotypical literotica episode. It made readers a little ambivalent about who to cheer for and against. 60 year old George

ne_summitne_summitabout 18 years ago
Thank You DG Hear!

Again you given us an outstanding story with solid characters.

Keep up the good woork.

Summit

NamizujsNamizujsabout 18 years ago
I am in sympathy with Bree

I'm sorry DG, but as it was stated, Bree could not be considered sane on the occasion, not forgiving her (the invitation to the wedding - possibly by Jen, not the ex is _Not_ forgiving!) is bad, if the instigators/perpetrators of the "prank" causing the breakup were forgiven.

The story itself was very good otherwise!

Thanks

John

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Another good one

I do find your stories consistently good. Bree and Jack were victims of a bad joke, but Bree's response was uncalled for. Bree deserved to be divorced after not trying to communicate with Jack and only trying to cause him pain by cheating. I liked the fact that Jack ended up with a good woman and family but felt he should have left his old friends alone.

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 18 years ago
Great Story but has a plot problem

I never relly figured out why the return of the psycho boyfriend. The first timne was a good plot mechanism to introduce Jen. But the second time actually did nothing of any value to movee the story along. It just seemed to put a crimp in the action of Bree and our hero to discuss the problem of Bree.

Also. I don't know bout where you work but most companies don't allow employees working in the same department to work together especilly if one is the direct report of the other. Sorry but when you work in the areas and companies I do, you notice things like that.

Otherwise, great job!

Regards,

C

DG HearDG Hearabout 18 years agoAuthor
Author DG Hear

To the readers who comment on my stories. I LOVE IT!!

That's why I leave comments open. To give readers a chance to speak their piece. I'll try to answer a few of the questions and remarks as I saw them when I wrote the story.

Bree: Had the mind set of getting even. Jack still loved her but felt if there was so little trust coming from her that he didn't feel there was a future for them. You could see that's why he had to leave work when she came in. Hard to forgive when you've been cheated on and made a fool of. Not every one would react the same. Feel sorry for Bree? Sure. but she made the bed she slept in.

His friends: Total idiots, that's why he cut them off as friends for a number of years. They didn't sleep with anyone which was a little easier to forget. They also went to the house to explain the prank to Bree.

Joe the stalker: I said that he told her someday he would get even. The only way I could do that was for him to come back in the picture. Besides that makes Jack my hero again.

Bree was invited to the wedding but chose not to come. Makes sense to me. Anyway we all know there were choices to be made. I made mine and every reader it free to make theirs.

As always thanks for reading and commenting on my stories

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great Story!

Your stories get better and better like fine wine. For those who do not like your endings let them write their own stories.

You have the ability to develop your characters and then let the story flow consistent with their nature. For example, if you write about a character being a honorable soldier you do not then have him be a coward (without some justification).

Unfortunately, many authors on this site devise first a reconcilliation ending using a successful spouse who is treated horribly by the cheating spouse. After some crying, a promise not to cheat again and whatever reason the faithful spouse use to justify staying with the person everything is OK. Successful people are not suckers by definition.

In your story you showed the difference between loving someone and being able to stay in a loving relationship with them.

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
i dont understand

bree fucked up you fucked up .. friends really fucked up and yo u do stupid stuff and want them back ... stupid shit

Randy01Randy01about 18 years ago
Great story

DG, I enjoy your style of writing. Keep giving us more stories that make sense we will keep reading.

don87654don87654about 18 years ago
Great reading!

While I normally prefer a match that maybe produces a baby, this story rates right up there without doing that. I can see where you had your brain in the right place as you wrote it. It is a very good romantic story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Wuv..twue wuv

Ok, its not that bad but here are my quibbles DG.

1. The philosophical: While Jack's reaction and ego are understandable, in my mind he's a coward for not facing what happened and just walking away. I too question his love for Bree when he knows why she acted the way she did. She was a victim of this prank (in fact she was the main target folks, re read that part) and given her past, I would think Jack might be more sympathetic and understanding. I would. I might not stay married to Bree but I'd have the guts to take on the issue and not cut and run like a wuss, shattered ego or not. Thus the making up with the friends bit is complete bs. They'd be dead to me. Thats not a prank, thats malicious crap.

2. Mechanics: Typical chivalry love story, it kinda just was meh to me. Cliche honestly. Even down to the "many men don't get involved to rescue the damsel anymore" bit. :)

3. Plot reality check: They worked together. Complete unreality to me, conflict of interest totally. Once their relationship was known publically, one or both (likely both) would have been fired as its a lawsuit waiting to happen. Thus here is how I'd write the sequel: She sued him for sexual harrassment after getting him comfortable, then takes his job and dumps him. ;) Yeah, I'm a cynical bastard but I also live in the real world and if a fantasy story is gonna fly at all in the ideas of the "real world" it can't be flying off to never never land.

Thanks as always for the read DG.

-Hex

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A grand job of writing

DG:

I've read the comments from other commentors and their dislike of this or that or a question about one thing or the other. As you told the tale and as you explained it in your comment it all worked for me and made a fine read. Thank You. Ronnie W.

Kanga40Kanga40about 18 years ago
Still a little problem

I've read all the other comments and the writer's reply.

The only problem I have with the story, and it is a little one, is the return of the so called friends.

The arseholes constantly hassled Bree about her husband being a pussy hound - sew seeds of doubt in her mind - great friends? huh? Then they devise a prank that was mindless whether she experienced it before or not, and it ended his marriage.

Now he wants them in on the start of his new marriage? You must be joking...

PEATBOGPEATBOGabout 18 years ago
I liked it !!!!!

An enjoyable story but you were rough on Bree who, despite her stupid revenge fuck, was more the victim. His so-called friends hassled Bree about her husband being a woman chaser. they plot to break up his marriage by a mindless scheme playing on Bree’s unhappy previous experience. DG you could write a sequel about his friends an their motives in destroying his first marriage. With friends like those I don’t give much of a chance for his future with Jen! But enough DG, this was a very enjoyable story, despite Jack’s character flaws, and well up to your usual high standards. As always, a devoted fan! Pete.

DG HearDG Hearabout 18 years agoAuthor
Another story!

OK readers, I hear you. Bree took a pretty good beating but in her own way deserved it. So give me a couple of weeks to write a Bree story. I will make it a stand alone story. I can write it in a day or so but I need a couple of days to get it edited and at least five days from submitting to posting. Until then I have two more in the hopper that I hope you'll read plus a third in edit. All three are different from one another.

Thank you for reading my stories. It's because of the comments why I am adding the story of Bree. That's why your comments and feedback are important to the writers.

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
His Friends Did Pull Another Stunt, Again

except this second time around, since he already warned the new wife, she asked him first whether or not it was true that he again woke up next to a beautiful hooker; he obviously denied it;

but this time he's a bit more pissed at those friends than the last time. in fact, he had a good heart to heart discussion with them,

"Guys, you are supposed to be my friends, best friends! You can't keep doing this to me! Supposed Jen believed you, like Bree, and pciked up a stranger to bring to my place, like Bree? Y'all really need to use your heads, my friends. I'm telling this for your own good. Next time, if y'all pull another stunt like this, I promise you, you will not be invited to my third marriage!" lol!

Average-JoeAverage-Joeabout 18 years ago
I dont understand why everyone thinks he was

too rough on Bree. Who would stay married to a woman that was that vicious, irrational and short-tempered? Doesnt matter what she thought was happening, she showed her true character when she brought the first guy she could find home for a get even fuck. Wouldnt even have mattered if it was the husband screwing in his office. It was pretty clear that the marriage was over when she acted like she did so quickly and without even talking to him (or confronting him in his office if she thought he was screwing around). Its not really about the sex either so I dont really understand why some people think he should forgive and forget. He could forgive the sex but he would still be married to a woman that would act this way at the drop of a hat (at best she was so insecure that he would spend the entire marriage trying to calm unfounded fears, at worst she was vicious, short-sighted, stupid and incredibly short tempered).

The only thing I disliked about the story was the husband forgiving his friends. Im still not saying they were responsible for the breakup of his marriage because a woman who would act like Bree did was a ticking time bomb anyway. The did show that they had very little common sense or consideration of anyones feelings though. Just feeding her insecurities for so long and not seeming to care if she was taking it as a joke or not kinda showed them to be assholes and not worth the bother imo. Jokes are fine and you should be comfortable enough to tease good friends but you should have enough sense to not tease about sensitive subjects if they arent being taken in the spirit in which they were intended.

daluentdaluentabout 18 years ago
confirm

All these jumping to conclusion stories have the supposed wounded spouse acting brain dead. What happens to common sense to CONFIRM something that life changing. I guess we wouldn't have a story if people used common sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Ever heard someone talk about

Thinking before you act? Im sorry Bree couldn't do that. His friends were assholes indeed, but she is responsible for her feelings and herself. Its a shame she had no more control that a 4 year old throwing a temper tantrum. Very sad for her, I hope she learned her lesson and met someone who taught her how to trust and think about her actions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
excellent

another of yur really good stories. I love stories that end well. Thanks again

waratahwaratahalmost 17 years ago
Nicely done

Good stroy, your usual standard.

Just a thought on practical jokes, I know its fiction, really I do, but what the fuck did the 'friends' hope to gain even if the joke had not backfired. They got/get nothing out of it, risk heaps + gain nothing = Dumb fuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Now that's Entertainment

Very enjoyable read. I noticed that some of your fans are really putting down Bree for the way she acted. I think they don't realize how traumatic it is to walk in on a spouse with another, which is exactly what happened to Bree. You don't get over that, in fact, she made a point in telling jack exactly what she would do if she ever walked in and caught him cheating, to show him just how it feels. It just so happens that Jack's brain dead friends decided to set up the same scenario as a prank which by the way isn't that uncommon. Not the sex, per se, but leading people along making them believe that they are in a terrible situation just to wittness the terror on their face before yelling surprise. I had some friends like that because I was always so controlled with my emotions they brought in a friend saying he was just in a car accident with the fake blood and everything just to watch me go into action. Needless to say I wasn't amused and I have no idea what those people are doing today. Some people really do have a sick and perverse sense of humor. to cause people pain just to see their reaction. I feel sorry for Bree. To have that happen twice she was probably half out of her mind and because she had thought about it so much with her ex and wished she could have shown him how it felt she definately never considered talking to Jack. Why should she? Who else would be in his office fucking his secretary which is what his friends set it up to look like. This poor woman is a victim and then to pour salt in the womb (freudian slip) wound her best friend marries the man that she is still in love with and has been tormenting herself for years for reacting exactly the way you would expect, given her history. Depending on whose perspective it is really a bitter sweet story. Well done DG, however you might be a little too subtle for some of your readers. A previous story I read of yours made the distinction between having one night stands with women his wife didn't know and her having "affairs" (more than once or twice) with her husbands friends and coworkers. I noticed some readers couldn't differentiate between the two. That's alright I like subtle, it make you think. I just started reading your works. I'm really looking forward to reading the next one. Thank you for the entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
the story got stupid at the end

why put yourself back in harm way with ex friends.the writer shows signs of inmaturity in his judgement sometime.the friends are still kids and this an adult world.the error of their ways is to high a price to pay.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago

another wounderful love stort! .......... rich

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
decent story, but it got silly in the end

it went all too dramatic with the pycho dude. also the divorce with your first wife and the emotions that you went through after it were explained in like 3 paragraphs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
What a load.

Not that good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Really Good Story!

I like how you placed the son and daughter into the story. I liked the confrontation between the two main characters and their ex's. Enjoy how you rolled the action and then concluded with a happy ending.

Personally, I would have gotten my so-called buddies back for destroying the 1st marriage. ? 18+2+18=38, give a few months, maybe 39; how was the mother 41 when she had her son at 18 or 19, two years later had her daughter, and her daughter is now 18? (very minute issue)

Very Good Compilation!

Le

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
BRILLIANT STORY

Loved the story well done write us another one. You writers must have thick skins having to read all the tripe us morons write in the comments

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

one of the best storyes I have ever read

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
My second read on some of these ....

And still very very enjoyable ... Thanks DGH

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Even Though He Tried to be the Bigger Person, She Should Have Eased Bree Out of Her Lifee

Would have been a loving gesture (if she really cared about him.) I wonder if she is going to be another insecure female who fears threats to her independence and puts her mate at 2nd place to her job...it's sure starting to look that way.

nakdsubnakdsubalmost 12 years ago
Very good...

I also liked the story this one was based on. I especially liked it when Bree was brought into the office, good twist.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
Interesting sequence of events -

Bree was insecure - you can not blame her for being that way -

The friends were complete assholes - they KNEW her attitude even if they did not know the details of what happened. They failed in there "prank" miserably since they had not made a plan to let her know the truth before she could go away and respond -

There is no absolute trust - all trust is relative - it is also very situationaly dependent, maybe he needed to be a bit more thoughtful before his knee jerk response he seemed to give her as little consideration as he accused her of giving him??

Not sure but it made for an interesting plot twist later that you knew would come up, if he fails to forgive her he will never get fully past it or trust Jen either.

Just a thought heh

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
All good except . . .

. . . no reason to invite his friends back into his life.

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
DAMN GOOD STORY

But getting back together with his 2 former asshole friends was just about as stupid as letting the foxes guard the hen house.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
not up to scratch

Far from your best.

The main character was a complete idiot and his friends were total scumbags.

No empathy for any of them.

The first wife was well shot of those people.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Good Story

I like stories where the protagonist is a badass.

A case could be made to forgive the first wife,but she did,t waste a second jumping into bed either.

I like that the main never claimed to be a great guy,just great and faithfull to the people he loved .

Good story good prose,very entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Very Good

I still had a problem with Bree fucking up and losing him Granted, she vowed to really devastate him if her ever did to her what her first husband did and so I, somewhat, understood; however - absolutely disagree with her actions...too bad!

Actually, instead of barging in and finding out that it wasn't her husband (most wives would), she races out and in what seems like less than twenty minutes has picked up a guy, has them both naked and fucking in her bed...nope - too impulsive for any reason and I would sadly (very sadly) leave her as well and...always have loving thoughts for what we had prior to her screwing the stranger.

So...good read - Thanks!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Very nice story

I enjoyed the relationships you explored. My only problem came at the very end. Bill and Jim weren't his friends. They never should have been included in his wedding or his life going forward. Other than that, nice tale.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
could see letting go

Letting go of the anger and grudge is as much as Jim and Bill would get.

To ever let them back in my life?

Are they forecasting a blizzard in Hell?

They should consider themselves lucky not to need to look over their shoulders all the time.

Simply no need for people like that in good life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Happy new year!

What a prolific writer, 5 stars to you and most of your stories!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
DG

Sometimes I get the feeling that you are going to introduce the men in your stories as wearing lace on their panties. Here you have a man so giddy that he acts like a middle school kid looking for playing stink finger. Too much cologne, getting drunk over seeing his ex, lacking in self confidence. Jen better be a very strong woman or her man will be working on self fellating. It just makes me think you have yet to graduate to high school.4694

krosis666krosis666over 8 years ago
I wish

Authors would stop writing that "You don't just fall out of love". Of course you do. People fall in love everyday, and just as many fall out of love at the exact same time. A person can fall into, or out of love, in a heartbeat. And they have no control over it happening, either way.

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 8 years ago
no you don't

i have 2 ex's that there is a place for them. they both wanted more than i could give them. in fact 1 of them became my sister-in-law 3 years later. she done me a favor because i had 27 + wonderful years until she passed to young at 67

GoodhueGoodhueover 8 years ago
Excellent,But...

I really liked the story and the characters in it,however there is NO way Bree could have been hired at their place of work,especially after she told Jen she still "had feelings" for Jack! Secondly,after screwing up his first marriage with their stupidly foolish prank,Jack should have left Bill and Jim buried in his past. Just my opinion.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 8 years ago
Interesting

Good tale except for one thing. Bree would never have been employed at the same company that our happy couple were. Lost a point for that. On to Bree's tale.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 8 years ago
With friends like these...

Who needs enemies.

He shouldn't have contacted Jim or Bill, that so called joke was pretty malicious, I would definitely never trust someone that could screw with a marriage like that.

beachfreakwhvbeachfreakwhvover 7 years ago
Danke! :-)

Thank you! I loved that story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1* Wimpy Fantasy Crap

Friends have sex in boss's office, break up a boss's marriage and they dont get fired.

Psycho breaks in but Jen calls her boss first.

Jen is having sex with a stranger an hour after finding out her hubby is alleged cheating.

Jen hires the exwife of her boss, even after said person says she is still in love.

Author must on some serious tripping stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
You ruined it at the end.

It was a five stars story till you brought the ex-slut back and make him forgive the two assholes the ruined his marriage. With friends like these...

*2 for me

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
Love The Story BUT....

....No consequences for the dickheads that destroyed his marriage? No way that flies, IMO....

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
yeah not so good.

she s goes beyond nuclear, her baggage not withstanding and the jokers arent fired and all are forgiven? no, suspension of disbelief has limits. the rest made it a solid 4

before that

BetterEndingBetterEndingover 6 years ago
Who Does That?

So this woman had just fought off a guy trying to rape and then kill her. After the police had carted the guy off, the boyfriend asks her if they were still going out on their date. Really? Come on now, who would do that?

So she just wants to lie down for a while and rest. But he says she did let him "rub her breasts and mound a little". Good grief. Is this guy twelve?

Your stories are interesting. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Guy is a wimp

His first wife was traumatized by her first husband and when his friends played cruel joke on her he just bailed out and not fought for his marriage and wife

What a wimp

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nothing to fight for

His wife didn't fight she got even instantly.

His wife crapped on the marriage and proved he was better off elsewhere . Smart move to move on and start fresh it gave him a chance to hook up with a quality partner.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
He may forgive his friends

But it doesn't mean he has to like them. Inviting them to his wedding and best man? No fucking way. Send them a note and never talk to them again.

norcal62norcal62almost 6 years ago
Setting up the story of bad friends, not "good" friends.

If you've got friends who play practical jokes on you, it's not a sign of affection, it's hostility.

norcal62norcal62almost 6 years ago
You've got a pretty crude character here as a supposed good guy.

Seems self-centered and arrogant, especially in his thinking about women.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Anonymous 03/16/18 is an idiot!

Bree didn't immediately confront her second husband in the act of sex like she did her first husband. That is where she screwed herself. No self respecting guy would take Bree back after fucking another guy right in front of him. It doesn't matter if she thinks that she made a mistake! She still did it! Bree was really a slut!

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderheralmost 6 years ago
Wow

I think I would have put those friends in the same place I would have put Bree, in the Garbage Heap. Funny practical jokes are ok, but something, like they pulled, was way over the line. I am talking about ass-kicking and burying them out in the woods, over the line. Bree was a headcase waiting to happen. She was damaged goods from her previous husband and will never totally trust another man. I would suggest to her that she turn lesbian or become a Nun lol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Culprits to the divorce invited???

In the first place, the cause of the divorce was the bad pranks of his friends and now they were invited to the wedding?? How insensitive tonthe feelings of the first wife even if she made the greatest mistake. I will not do it in real life.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
NorCal-crude character

Please elaborate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Happy

Whilst it is another happy ending story,he should not have invited Jim and Brian.Old habits die hard ,so how long before the pranks started again?

fritz51fritz51over 5 years ago
Enjoyed it.

One question though: Why wouldn't his RADAR pop on when he looks at Jen's prior work history & sees she worked at the same department store as his ex-wife ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Wrong

It was wrong to ask Jim to be his best man,he was responsible for ruining his marriage.Also how could he forgive him and Brian,but not Bree.?

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110almost 5 years ago
The wrong people were banished to Siberia

With friends like Jim and Brian who needs enemies? I would have ostracized them and never again acknowledged their existence. What they did was not a prank, nor was it even remotely funny. It was mean is its rawest form. Due to the circumstances Jack was too quick to throw his wife and marriage on the trash heap. Getting over what she did would take a lot of work on Jack's part, but I'll wager that going forward she would have catered to his every whim. A good story that is well told.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
2 stars agree with friends like that you don't need enemies

I would never be friends at all with people who play pranks as that

Why? Too many go wrong

And

Not funny

Forgive Bree you chose ass holes as friends and knew what kind of shit they did

Subject13ASubject13Aover 4 years ago
Nope

With friends like that... Who would want friends like that? I had four good childhood friends, we did alot of things together, they pulled an unforgiving prank similar to what Jack's friends did to him. And like him it backfired badly, a lot of people got hurt, not physically, long story short, cut them out of my life. I do get an email from them to apologize. I deleted them. Who needs friends like that. So for jack forgiving them is hard to believe. Yeah, it was one mistake, but a mistake that ended his marriage. Again who needs friends like that. For that alone I'll give it 4 stars. Overall a fantastic story.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 4 years ago
If Bree could not be forgiven, neither could his "friends"

Like some other commentators, I liked the story but could not understand how he never forgave Bree, but then again befriended his so-called "friends" who had played such a vicious and immoral prank on him, and destroyed his marriage.

I also don't understand how Bree could have come into an interview with the HR head and not have know it was her ex-husband -- it was the same company and the same job he had when they were married.

Otherwise a good story, but a 4*, not a 5* because of the plausibility problems.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Agree

Agree with previous comments,he should not have reconnected with Bill and Jim.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
wow

i actually felt bad for Bree. The husband knew her past history... what the hell was she supposed to think, walking up to his office and seeing a man fucking a lady. She wasnt having an affair she made an emotional decision based off the husbands friend's lies

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Jen's boyfriend was killed

Bree was "murdered" by your "friends". YOU forgive those uncaring bastards and bury the woman who loved you. YOU ARE INSANE. I know "love your enemies" and all that, but your wife was like the man on the Jericho road, she needed forgiveness and help and unlike Jen would NEVER make that mistake again. Sorry, one star only. As for those fools who failed to take the simple precaution of following her to his office so as to turn her round so she would see the truth.. Make their lives HELL.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The very last part lost the 5th. star.

Letting the asshole friends back into his life was a big mistake.

Bill

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I have to agree with some of the other comments. It would be a very cold day in hell if my friends played that kind of prank on me and I invited them back into my life! Friends are supposed to look out for you, to be there when the world goes to hell and they stand beside you and hold on to you when hell is swirling all around you. Not walk in to you living room, pull the pin on a grenade and run out the door laughing

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Great love story but, I think that Bree could cause problems down the road. I will hold judgement till I read the next chapter. I agree with the comments about the friends that pulled the prank and broke up his previous marriage, they aren't friends when they do what they did. 5 stars

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

Probably would have forgave the ex before the moron friends. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you for closing the loose end in the story about Bree.

The old @friends@ would never have been in my life ever again. If Jen is a real new start, the old fuckers would not have any place in my new life, no matter how much my new wife would ask me.

5 stars for most of the story but it does not shine very bright because of the addition of the old @friends@

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"Our company did not need that kind of baggage"

Boy Oh Boy Don't you have a double standard DG?

Those stupiid bastards you called friends on the first page destroyed Bree and humiliated her husband. But did he dismiss them for gross misconduct? Oh no! Cant do that they are male aren't they.

I will read the rest of the story just to find out if you really are as anti female as you seem.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Now I know for sure why DG is no longer on my favourite authors list. Bill & Jim OK Bree not.

And a personnel manager who gets drunk after insulting the woman (Bree) that had no reason to doubt that what she heard and saw was real.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

WHAT TRASH FRIENDS THESE WERE....WHAT STUPID IMMATURE FUCKING JOKES!! TOOK THE BITCH BREE LESS THAN AN HOUR TO FIND A MAN

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

WHY GIVE THE BITCH BREE A JOB!!

THAT WAS SO FUCKED UP!!

THE WIMP BASTARD SHOULD HAVE REFUSED JEN!!

JEN IS ANOTHER BITCH FOR HANGING AROUND BREE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

How the fuck do you invite the friends who caused your marriage tobreak down and one cunt is even the best man!!

YOU REALLY FUCKED UP THIS STORY

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I can't believe that he invited the friend that caused his first marriage to break up... He forgave them but not his wife? 4*

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

Very good story Mr. Hear! 5 BIG FAT FLUFFY STARS! You have a lot of very dense readers DG, lol.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

If you want to critique the way a story is written, structure or spelling that's one thing. The bitching and whining about what the characters do is fine also - IF IT IS YOUR STORY! You object that much to what a writer's content is - WRITE YOUR OWN! DG and other writers deserve respect if nothing else. RanDog is right, not only dense but immature. Thank you for your tale.

somewhere east of Omaha

SunnyU2SunnyU2almost 2 years ago

I thought this was pretty bad. He should have forgiven Bree...after he murdered all his friends

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 1 year ago

I don't buy the beginning. I can't believe Bree would allow a stranger to go bareback. I get why she did the cheating but still ... I also struggle with the fact that all their friends survived with zero revenge or legal action! They deserved to be burned ... BAD! And finally, I believe he was too quick and made zero effort to try and overcome the one-time, heavily emotional charged cheating/betrayal. I get what you said but she was reliving her worst nightmare.

Finally having a love affair between employee and boss is heavily frowned upon in any work environment and yet these two kept getting promoted together.

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

I thought he was pathetic walking out on Bree, without thinking about it and putting what he classed as cheating into perspective. She had one awful experience, how would anyone feel when history repeated it self. I think she deserved a bit of slack in this instance, it disappointed me that she wasn't given any. 1*

Lots of it were pathetic summed up admirably, by BlueEyed2. SunnyU2, MrFriendly8181 and others.

OdessaLesOdessaLesover 1 year ago

Wow, how does it go, “with friends like that, I sure wouldn’t want to meet your enemies”. Bree was a real piece of work, totally wrong jumping to conclusions. All she had to do was confront him and see or ask. But no, she had to have revenge and she had to have it quickly and rub his nose in it. She was a insecure person with a terrible mean streak. She ruined their marriage and totally broke him. She doesn’t deserve another chance at love or marriage. Great first have of the story. Very well written.

NoSauce4uNoSauce4uover 1 year ago

Bro, what the fuck are these friends? I would have fired them. F*ck them.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5715 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES