A Painful Situation: Mark and Carol

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Carol had briefly left my side and was talking with her friends, when Jim's date came over and asked me to dance. I politely refused. She flashed a pout and asked if I wanted another beer. I told her no thanks. She was a pretty young thing, cute with a nice body; typical of the girls Jim always had around him. But I had no interest in her and tried to give nonverbal hints that I didn't want her company. Instead of getting the hint she plopped down next to me, gulped her beer, flashed a huge grin and started a conversation.

She wouldn't leave, so to be polite I chatted with her. She seemed a little drunk and kept giggling at things I said that weren't funny. Between giggles she kept touching me, rubbing my arm and my leg while laughing. She kept offering to get me another beer. I kept refusing and she kept trying to get me up to dance.

At one point she stood up and began pulling on my arm, making a big scene in front of the people around us. Everyone was laughing at my reluctance. I was embarrassed and asked her to stop. She stopped and began talking for a while before she did it again. But this time she slipped and "accidentally" fell onto my lap. I tried to get her to her feet, but she resisted. She just stayed there laughing, rubbing her tight little ass on my groin with her arms around my neck. I removed her arms from my neck and lifted her up. As I was moving her I happened to glance across the deck. There was Jim and Carol next to each other. They were speaking softly together, but were really watching me fend off this drunk girl.

Suddenly I knew what was up. This whole party was a setup. They were trying to manipulate me into behaving as they had at the Charity event! This sexy girl was basically throwing herself at me, trying to get me to behave badly so I wouldn't be able to criticize them. I shot my wife a harsh stare. She caught my look, cringed and realized I was onto their trick. I kept my eyes on my conniving wife as I kept pushing the girl away. When she wouldn't stop pestering me, I unceremoniously shoved her off my lap. The people around us were laughing as I marched across the deck, away from this cheap bimbo.

I passed by Jim and growled, "Nice try asshole." His expression darkened as I marched away.

A few moments later Carol came trotting over, probably to deny there was any ulterior motive. I didn't want to hear anymore lies. When she started to say something I cut her off with a glare. The party was in full swing as I informed my wife it was time to leave.

She looked disappointed but didn't argue. I didn't bother to thank Jim for the invitation and went straight to my car. Carol said it was impolite not to thank him so she made her way to Jim and his date. She spoke to them for a bit as Jim glanced over at me with a strange look. I was glad that he didn't come over to me because I'm not sure how I would have handled it.

Carol then said good-bye to her friends. She obviously wanted to hang around, because the party was still going strong. But she respected my wishes and we left the party as quick as I could.

The drive home was somber. Carol casually mentioned how much fun she had and how nice everything was. I just nodded and kept silent. Carol chattered on about some of her friends and how nice Jim had everything setup. But my silence meant that the atmosphere was strained by the time we got home.

The whole thing was a setup; Jim's invitation, Jenny's sleep over the same night and his bimbo girlfriend trying to make a fool out of me. I was being manipulated and it was galling. But I held my tongue and Carol was relieved that I didn't make a scene.

Since the evening up until now was all planned out, I wasn't surprised when my clever wife began to make amorous advances. From the time we got home she was acting sweet, touching and kissing me all the way to the bedroom. It had been quite a while since we had sex, probably more than a month. Despite my irritation with my conniving wife, Carol's a sexy woman. Tonight she was dressed to tease and please, and by this time I was horny as a goat. I wanted to refuse her. But my cock betrayed me and pretty soon we both knew I was hard and horny.

Carol's a very enthusiastic lover when she wants to be. She can really rock my world and she certainly did that night. Her pussy was wet before we even started fooling around. We kissed for a while before she moved down, used her mouth to get me hard as a rock, something that hasn't happened very often. Using her fingers and mouth, she teased me like crazy. When I was hard and aching for release, my lovely wife pushed me on my back, climbed on top and impaled herself on my rod, humping up and down until I couldn't hold back. I'm not sure if she came or not, because I was so frantic to get off. But as she accepted my sperm, she fell on top of me, kissing my neck and repeatedly thanking me for being such a wonderful husband.

Once she rolled over and went to sleep, I just lay there in the dark thinking about the party we went to. I replayed the evening when she was dancing and having fun. I remembered her speaking to Jim, and how he kept glancing over at me while they talked. It was all contrived, they were manipulating me. I replayed every second of their conversation, and kept thinking about Carol's giddy reaction as they talked. I also remember the night when she decided to go with Jim, and when she got home how comfortable she was hugging and kissing him, and how anxious she was to get him onto the sofa. I know she was drunk and horny. But something about their 'friendly' relationship didn't seem right.

Jim's reaction also bothered me. He seemed to enjoy making out with my wife, but worried about the location. I'm not sure that he wouldn't have taken up on her offer if Jenny and I weren't there. I know that he's been a friend for decades. But the way he made out with my wife and how they were so friendly seemed wrong.

Have they done this before? Maybe this wasn't the first time they dated. I tried to put these paranoid feelings aside, because I wanted to trust Carol, and I used to trust Jim too. Inside my head a little voice was whispering caution.

Over dinner Carol was quite animated about the party we went to. There was no mention of the Charity event. Jim called me a few times after his party, but I didn't answer and just let it go to voice mail. His message was that he was glad that we came to his house, and that he'd like to get together again real soon. He wanted us to get back to being friends, and he'd go more than half way to get there.

I told Carol that Jim was calling me but I wish he wouldn't. She seemed pleased to hear that we had contact. She asked if she could invite him over for dinner. When I told her no, Carol frowned and we had another argument. She eventually told me to just get over my "hissy fit", as she so delicately put it and kept reminding me what a good friend Jim was, and how he'd been there to help us. I knew he was successful at his sales job and made more that me. I was sick of hearing her praising him so often, but kept my mouth shut.

I guess Carol thought that everything was back to normal between us. Probably Jenny did too. Carol and I had some more make up sex. She was now talking about Jim as if he was still my friend. I wasn't actually there yet. But in the interest of keeping the family atmosphere pleasant, I held my tongue. That turned out to be a big mistake.

I tried to keep tabs on Carol. But since she worked part time, and I was very busy at my job, it wasn't possible. She was home each night when I got home, and she always had dinner ready for Jenny and I. The sex we enjoyed after the party at Jim's quickly cooled off. We had sex a few more times, but Carol wasn't excited about it. She seemed distracted at times, like she was just going through the motions. Of course I got off. But if I expected all the little kisses and touches our lovemaking had been before, that didn't happen anymore.

I was disappointed in our degraded relationship. But with my job taking so much of my energy, I didn't have the patience to address it. Carol didn't seem like it bothered her at all. She kept up the house, kept Jenny taken care of, and once a week or so she let me fuck her in our bed. We were barely making love now, but we were fucking. I guess I should have been happy for that.

I managed to get off early one night and wanted to take Carol out to dinner. An early evening lately meant getting home before six o'clock. It would be a late dinner for us. But I thought I could get Jenny to stay over at her friend's house that night, and we could go out later. Of course our finances were stretched. But I thought we needed some time to reconnect. It had been weeks since we'd gone out together on a real date.

I called home but Carol wasn't there. So I called her at work that afternoon and a woman answered and told me that Carol wasn't available.

"Oh, all right. Will she be available later?" I asked her.

"Not today. She took the afternoon off." She told me. "She should be back on Monday though. Can I take a message."

"No. I'll try her then."

I was perplexed. She wasn't at work, she hadn't called me and never mentioned that she had plans to take the day off? I called her cell phone and it rolled over to voice mail so I left a message.

"Hi Carol. Just wanted to ask you out for dinner tonight. I miss taking you out and would love to take you to a nice place and show you off. Please call me back and I'll make all the arrangements."

Normally I'd get home by seven or later. I guess she expected me then. But I was pissed when she didn't call me back until nearly six o'clock! It was too late to make arrangements for Jenny.

"Hi Mark." She said cheerfully. "Sorry I missed your call honey."

"I wanted to take you out." I sighed. "I guess now its too late."

"Ohhh. I'm so sorry baby. I had to meet with a client you know. It ran a little late so I couldn't get back to you."

"Okay then. See you at home."

"Right. Love you."

"Love you too."

The conversation was weird. Meet with a client? When did Carol start meeting with clients? Her coworker never mentioned that. Why take the day off? And why was her phone off? I hardly ever call during the day. So she had no reason to expect me to. But the whole thing stunk and I wasn't sure why.

I picked up some pizza and just went home. When I got there both Carol and Jenny were waiting. Jenny was happy about the pizza, and Carol apologized about missing my call. I didn't question her about it. But it was strange and had me thinking bad thoughts.

That night Carol informed me that there was a big party at the Royal hotel this weekend and she wanted to go.

"Its going to be wonderful Mark!" She gushed before she saw my dark look and quipped, "Now don't look at me like that."

"I know what you're thinking." She said quickly, "Don't worry honey its not going to cost you anything. There's no cover charge for this and my company is picking up the tab for the dinner and drinks. Its some kind of a public relations gig to attract customers. There's also going to be a band, dancing and everything! We are going to have a blast!"

"This weekend? Are you sure we're free this weekend?"

Carol shot me a goofy grin and snickered, "Oh stop it you wet blanket. You know we are. We don't go anywhere anymore. And don't worry, you won't have to pay a dime!"

I listened to her excitement about this party. I wished there was some way out of it but she had her mind made up. I just hoped everything would go all right.

Despite my reluctance I was actually looking forward to taking her to this party. My wife is very attractive and fun. I wanted to take her to a nice, private dinner and maybe some dancing. But we needed a night out together and maybe this public party was it. Little did I know.

The night before the party she hit me with the rest of the story.

She was mentioning details of the party, when she said in a suspicious manner, "...and you know Jim's going to be there too honey..."

"Jim? What the fuck. I didn't know that."

We were finishing dinner and Jenny was already in her room. Carol was just staring at her plate, moving the food around with her fork.

"Yes honey. Jim said he would be there."

I blurted out with surprise, "You spoke to him? When?"

She looked startled for a second, but regained her composure quickly.

"I heard from someone at work." She said without looking up.

"Why is Jim going to be there?"

"I think he's dating one of the clients."

"You mean that woman he had at his party?"

"No. Not her. Somebody else I think."

"Jim's going to be there...?" I repeated angrily. Then I asked, "Tell me the truth Carol. Have you spoken to him about this dance party?"

She glanced up at me with a guilty look and mumbled, "No...not really...I-I just heard something...maybe...I forget."

"He called you didn't he?" I accused feeling a knot in my stomach.

"I guess...maybe..." She said as her casual attitude suddenly transformed to irritation. "Yes he called me. He did. So what?"

"You know I don't like that prick." I spat. "And now I find out you're speaking to him behind my back?"

"Its not like that." She answered. "He's a friend. He just called up to say he'd be there and hoped we would too."

I stood up with an angry expression. I shoved the rest of my food into the trash and rinsed off my plate.

"That's just great." I sneered. "After all we've been through. You're talking to that asshole behind my back."

"He's our friend Mark...my friend too." She said defensively.

"He's no friend of mine. And you're calling him and probably sneaking around with him behind my back."

Her eyes looked straight at me as she stated tersely, "You can't tell me who to talk to. I'm a grown woman and I can chose my own friends. I just wanted you to know ahead of time that he'll be there. I was just being polite, and didn't want to spring it on you and make you think that it was some setup. Can't you see that?"

"Yeah I see exactly. I already told you that I want you to stop talking to him. I guess you don't give a shit about my feelings."

"That's not true!"

"Just don't have any contact with him, you hear?"

"No! Damn it Mark! I'll talk to him if I want." She replied curtly. "He's a friend and I will not shut him out. If you want to ignore Jim, I can't stop you. But I'm not going to turn my back on a friend of ours."

"So that's it?"

"Yes." She said with sympathy as she placed her hand on mine, "I don't want you to be mad. I want my husband back. Please go to this party with me. All my friends will be there. Its important to me honey."

I left it like that. I was going. But I wasn't happy about it.

The night of the party I drove Jenny over to her friends house. She was going to stay the night so Carol and I could party as late as we liked. Carol spent most of the evening getting ready. She had her hair done and her makeup too. I just had to put on a suit and shoes, which took me about ten minutes. Carol must have spent over an hour in the bedroom. When she came down she looked stunning in a skimpy black cocktail dress that displayed her sumptuous curves to the max!

Immediately a dark thought hit my mind.

"Where'd you get that dress? I've never seen it before."

Carol shot me a gloating smirk and snickered, "I bought it with my own money Mark. So don't get all pissy about where it came from. I do make money you know, even though its not as much as you. And I also bought the shoes too if you're wondering."

I tried to swallow my anger, but it was difficult. Her long shapely legs were exposed in the short hemline of the skirt. The high heels made her calves flex every time she took a step. The dress was low cut which showed a bit of cleavage. I could even see her nipples poking out through the thin material.

"You ready?" She asked, slipping her arm in mine. "Let's go out on the porch and wait for Jim."

My jaw dropped. "Jim!" I gasped with surprise. "What do you mean?"

"Jim's going to pick us up and take us there." She said as if I already must have known that. "That way you can drink if you want."

"B-b-but what...why...??" I sputtered. "This is bull shit. We can just drive over there. I don't need to go with him."

Carol held my gaze and spoke with determination, "I already spoke to him and he's coming over right now."

"You spoke to him?? My gawd! But...but why...?"

"I wasn't exactly sure if you were going." She said, her blue eyes staring straight at me. "You were such a snit at the last event I wasn't sure if you'd stand me up again. You took Jenny away and I was worried you might just bail on me. There's no way I was going to miss this event tonight. So in case you got cold feet I called Jim and he said he'd take me."

"Take you? Was he prepared to take you without me?"

"No...I mean...I didn't want to miss it Mark."

I was enraged! Just as I suspected, Carol was making plans with this asshole behind my back again. It was just like the last time!

"I know you didn't want to go." She explained in a reasonable tone, "I thought you may try to blow me off and just not go. Jim's a gentleman and he said he would take me if you didn't show up. So he's on his way over right now. If you want to go, be ready in ten minutes Mark, or we're leaving without you."

"Damn it." I shot back, growing more angry by the second. "So you weren't going to wait for me huh? Well why don't you and Jim just go without me. Maybe I didn't want to go anyway."

Carol's expression grew angry like I've never seen. Her cheeks turned bright red and smoke was coming out of her ears. She snorted angrily, stood up and stomped her way into the kitchen.

"Do what you want you asshole." She shot over her shoulder.

I could hear Carol pouring herself a glass of wine in the kitchen. I took a deep breath and shrugged, trying to make some sense of this latest change of plans. I went to the bathroom to wash my face to calm down.

While I was there the doorbell rang and I knew Jim had arrived. Carol must have let him in and I could hear her speaking, probably about me. I couldn't hear what Jim said, but I was angry that he was so involved with us again. I felt like going out to confront the man. But instead I just went downstairs to smooth over the bad atmosphere. I found them already in Jim's BMW with Carol sitting in the front seat next to him. I approached the car and he rolled down the window with a smile.

"Hi Mark. I'm glad you and Carol are going to come out tonight."

He went to shake my hand as Carol watched closely. I guess a month of arguments with my wife had worn me down. She caught me off guard tonight and I wasn't mentally prepared for another angry confrontation, and probably another month without sex or even affection. I bit my tongue and decided to make the best of it. I'd have to talk to Carol later about this.

"No hard feelings right." Jim said pleasantly.

"Yeah right..." I said, weakly ignoring his hand.

With Carol already up front, I was stuck in the back seat. Jim tried to explain something about hoping we could all settle down and have a nice evening. I was sitting behind them seething, wondering if I should have even come. Carol chattered on and on and didn't even turn around to look at me. The whole ride over Jim kept apologizing, saying he was worried that we'd be late and it was right on the way for him anyway. I just nodded my reluctant acceptance.

The evening was a disaster. Of course Carol and Jim had a great time. She looked very sexy in her short, black cocktail dress and three inch spike heels. Jim also looked dashing and handsome in his expensive tuxedo. I just looked drab in my plain blue suit. All of Carol's friends made a big deal about Jim and Carol being here together. I was pretty much ignored as my wife soaked up the attention they received every time they were dancing. I basically spent the night by myself.

123456...9