A Painful Situation: Mark and Carol

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The dinner was okay. We sat at a large table with several other couples. Carol sat between Jim and I and spent the time chatting with everyone but me. She did asked me three or four simple questions during dinner, while clearly her attention was on Jim. He did try to include me in the conversation a few times but I barely replied.

When the music began to play, Carol did allow me a few dances. She didn't seem too thrilled about it. I tried to hold her close during a slow dance but she kept her distance, telling me that I better behave or I'd never get any pussy for the rest of the month. That was harsh. My wife can be a vindictive bitch. From the looks I received from her, I knew she was angry and wasn't going to give in.

Carol spent a lot of time on the dance floor with several other guys and especially with Jim. She's pretty popular with her coworkers and couldn't blame guys for wanting to hold her close. The black dress showed off her phenomenal figure, her firm breasts, round ass and long sexy legs. I could only watch her longingly from the table, hoping that I'd have a chance to wrap those long, shapely legs around my waist and fuck her tonight.

Well that didn't happen. Jim eventually took us home and Carol and he enjoyed a long hug at the front door. By the time she came up to bed she was back into her cold shoulder routine, so I just went to sleep as she showered and cleaned up in the bathroom.

Things were still frosty between Carol and I. She was a little hung over the next day. So I took Jenny to her soccer games the next day by myself. She won her game so we went for pizza with her team to celebrate the victory. I called Carol at home to see if she wanted to join us. But it just went to voice mail. I tried her cell phone, but it went to recording too. I was a little surprised about that. Maybe she was still tired and was resting.

When I brought Jenny home, Carol was in the kitchen on her cell phone. She was smiling as she spoke. But when she saw me her smile disappeared and she quickly said something and hung up. Carol interacted with our daughter normally. But when I went to kiss her she pulled away and shot me a harsh look.

Carol was still giving me the cold shoulder. But we did speak about normal things at times, the girl's schedule, house hold chores and such. But there was a lack of warmth that was obvious. I tried to kiss her and touch her, but she wasn't interested. Work was giving me a hard time as well. My boss had me working late most nights. So I guess I wasn't around as much as I would have liked.

One evening I got off early and came home to find Jim in the kitchen having coffee with Carol. I nearly exploded, but they barely reacted when I came in. When I asked him why he was there, he seemed a bit unsure before Carol mentioned she needed some boxes brought down from the attic, and since I wasn't around she asked him to help. Jim would just nod and tell me it was on the way home from work, so it was no problem. I accepted her explanation and went upstairs to shower. When I came down he was gone.

I had another hard week at work. It sucked so much I was desperate to keep things calm when I finally got home. Somehow Carol seemed to have accepted Jim back into our house. Any complaint I had about that was met with a huge argument.

A couple times when I got home late, I found out Jim had already eaten dinner with my family. While I ate the leftovers, Jenny was very excited and told me Jim had given her a new pair of sneakers. Another time she said he bought her a jacket. Each time she relayed this info to me, seemed delighted to have him around. Carol did as well.

One evening I got home and found that Carol fixed some great food. Jim was there again. They were all chatting loudly as I walked in. Carol glanced at me without speaking, almost daring me to make a fuss. When I didn't they went back to their conversation, ignoring me as I sat down to join them. It was around that time when I began to feel like a third wheel, basically an outsider in my own home.

Carol and I were speaking, but barely and sex was not happening. I couldn't help feeling that Carol really didn't care if I was there or not. If Jim was there when I got home he acted friendly and asked me about my work. He acted like he wanted to know how things were going. So I replied, not wanting to make a fuss about his presence. But soon I began to resent how often he was around, and how eager my whole family seemed to be accepting him there.

One evening after a particularly long visit, I took Jim out onto the back patio to have a word with him. I expressed that I was uncomfortable that he was around so much. I told him that if he came over from now on, I'd like a phone call before hand, because it was only polite to call me first. He listened in silence, gazing at me with a strange, disinterested expression. He said no problem, that he didn't want to cause any problems, and he'd respect my wishes from now on.

I thought that was the end of it. Boy was I wrong.

That evening when Carol and I got in bed, I remembered how she had reacted during dinner, seeming to be in a great mood, chatting and laughing at things Jim said. I also thought about my conversation with Jim. I'd been working late a lot and Carol and I were not together much anymore. Something inside told me that I needed to reconnect with my lovely wife on a physical level. Since she was in such a good mood, I thought tonight was the night to begin to put our relationship back on track.

After the great dinner I helped my wife clean up. She seemed to be in an unusually good mood. We'd been speaking normally for a change. Jenny went to bed and I followed my wife to the bedroom.

I began throwing some subtle hints to my wife for sex. I knew she could tell that I was horny. But she didn't respond. She didn't shut me down, but wasn't receptive to any of my hints. When she finished cleaning up in the bathroom she emerged wearing her long, flannel night gown, which was a silent message that she wasn't interested in anything physical.

Once she was under the covers I moved closer and snuggled against her flannel clad body. My hand landed on her stomach and I felt her stiffen. When I placed my hand on her ripe breast and stroked the nipple, she immediately pushed my hand away and turned over on her side with her back facing me.

Normally I'd just give up. But I was still a upset about having Jim over, and it had been quite a while since we had sex. Just the scent of her hair and the warmth of her body had my cock hard and aching for release. Jenny was asleep and it wasn't that late. So I decided to ignore her unspoken rejection and went forward, hoping she'd change her mind. I slid over behind her, held her hips and began to spoon against her round bottom.

"Honey...you look so sexy tonight...I really am turned on." I told her softly as I began to push my hips into her ass.

"Not tonight Mark." When I didn't stop she repeated, "I said not tonight! I'm tired. Maybe some other time okay?"

I was stung by her rejection. It had been weeks since I enjoyed her charms, more than a month! I decided that I wasn't taking no for an answer.

"Come on baby. It's been a while. You know how much you turn me on."

She pushed my hand off of her and repeated, "Not tonight!."

I kept trying to hold her until she spun around and told me in a rather harsh tone of voice, "Will you stop! I said I was tired and I meant it!"

"What the hell Carol!" I snapped back. "You've been shutting me out for weeks now. What am I a monk?"

"I'm just tired. Please. Don't make a big deal about this."

I sat up and threw the covers back. I gazed down at her angrily.

"What the hell's going on Carol?"

I flipped on the light next to our bed and said, "We haven't made love in over a month. You've been distant and mean for weeks. Is there something wrong with you? With me? You may have forgotten but I'm still your husband and you have to talk to me."

I guess my angry tone and harsh expression finally got through. She turned over and gazed up at me, her blue eyes flashing anger.

"You ass!" She snapped. "I told you I'm tired. But you don't seem to care a bit about how I feel do you. I take care of the kids and the house, and I stay home waiting for you. But you never take me out, you never bring me flowers anymore or even come home on time. Now you want to just fuck me, satisfy your filthy pleasure and go to sleep."

Filthy pleasure? What? I was caught off guard by her bitterness. I drew back from her angry outburst as she sat up and shook her finger in my face.

"You selfish bastard! I've given up so much and...all right then Mark. You want some pussy? Is that it. Is that what it'll take for you to leave me alone?"

In one quick motion Carol pulled her night gown up to her waist, lay back down with her eyes closed and spread her legs. I gazed at her, wondering who this vindictive bitch was lying next to me.

"Well?" She said glaring at me. "Don't just sit there with a stupid look on your face!! Just put it in. Put your little cock in my cunt and fuck me like a whore you bastard. That's all you wanted right? A piece of ass! So get to it you fucker and hurry up so I can get some sleep!"

I was stunned, filled with mixed emotions. Of course I was turned on by her naked body. Who wouldn't be aroused by a pale, slender blonde with long, shapely legs and a lush, swollen, neatly trimmed pussy. But the look of hate on her face set me back. She opened her eyes and glared at me like I was some lecherous old man. There was no love at all.

I decided to just lay back down an forget it. But Carol didn't seem to want to stop. She was on a roll and wasn't going to let it go. She looked down and saw that my cock had already gone soft.

"Come on Mark!" She coaxed with a weird grin. "What's the matter honey. Lose your cool now that your wife is ready to put out? Are you a wimp? I bet Jim wouldn't refuse me. He wouldn't lose his hardon if I gave it up to him. You're such a loser damn it! You can't get it up if the woman is not totally compliant. Well honey, are you ready?"

She smiled wickedly and chuckled. "I thought so."

She closed her legs and pulled the cover over herself. I heard her whisper loud enough for me to hear, "Fucking loser..."

Her last remark totally pissed me off. She's been cruel to me before. But never like this. Something inside me broke.

"You bitch!" I cried. "I guess you're just Jim's whore now."

I bolted off the bed, headed for the door. Behind me she screamed, "YOU ASS! AT LEAST HE'S NOT A LOSER LIKE YOU!!"

I stomped out of the room before I did something rash. I nearly ripped the bedroom door off the hinges when I slammed it. I know the whole house shook, and felt bad that Jenny had probably woke up from the yelling. My temper was nearly overwhelming my good sense. I've never been so angry at her before. This was even worse than the night after the Charity event.

The next morning I got up still upset. Carol didn't speak about what happened that night, and neither did I. She fixed Jenny's breakfast as I left the house without saying a word. I barely slept and was spitting mad as I left the house. I knew that something was seriously wrong with my marriage.

A couple days later I got home from work and saw Jim's car in the driveway. I was not happy about that. I was home from work on time for a change and hoped Carol and I could speak tonight, have dinner and family night without him around. So I was quite upset to see he was here again.

Since the night of our blow up, we hadn't spoken. I knew she was unhappy about the argument and so was I. I hope we'd eventually talk about it and get over it. But we haven't. I thought that maybe tonight was the night.

When I saw his car and knew he hadn't called I was disturbed. I'd just have to remind him of his promise later. But at the same time I knew how much Carol liked having him around, and was hoping his presence would somehow thaw out our cool marital relationship. A fun visit over dinner with a friend might help things. Maybe Carol and I could even have sex again if she'd calm down. I entered the house and was surprised to find them together on the sofa.

"Hi honey." I called out. I looked at him and said abruptly, "Jim."

"Hello Mark." He replied in a subdued tone.

"What's for dinner?" I asked my wife as I hung up my jacket.

Carol gazed at me with a blank stare. Looking through me she replied, "There's roast beef and veggies in the fridge you can heat up in the microwave."

She spoke calmly with no emotion as she pointed to the recliner. "But first, can you sit down here Mark. We need to speak to you."

We? That was strange. I remained standing, surprised at her strange monotone and the distant look on her face. I began to wonder what she wanted to tell me that was so important; maybe someone died, she was fired, or maybe she was pregnant.

"What's up honey? Where's Jenny?"

"She's having a sleep over at Becky's"

"On a school night? You didn't tell me."

Ignoring my question Carol asked, "Would you like a drink Mark? Maybe a glass of wine or a beer?"

"No I'm fine."

Her face showed little emotion. I also noticed how close she and Jim were on the sofa. Usually they'd be at the kitchen table when I got home. So the close seating arrangement was unusual. Carol took a sip of her wine and then turned to me.

"There's something we need to discuss Mark. Why don't you have a seat."

She gestured to the recliner again and glanced over at Jim. He glanced back giving her a subtle nod.

"What's going on here?" I blurted out, feeling quite uncomfortable.

"Please sit down." She said more forcefully, pointing to the chair.

With serious trepidation I sat down in the chair across from them.

"Mark. There's no easy way to say this..." She took a breath and then the words flowed out. "You know I love you and Jenny. But things have not been good between us for a while now. I know you are working hard for the family and you are a good father. But there's something wrong with our marriage."

"What...?" I whispered, my throat constricting. "...our marriage...?"

I glanced at my ex best friend for clarity and found him staring at the floor. Carol took another sip, glanced back at him and then continued.

"I'm not happy Mark and I haven't been for a while." She admitted in a soft, but firm tone. "I know you aren't either. You're aware that we haven't been close for months. Our sex life sucks and whatever fondness we had between us seems to have gone cold."

I was stunned that she would bring up our lack of sex in front of Jim. It was a very private matter and I wanted to keep it that way.

"Gee Carol." I sputtered. "This isn't the kind of thing to bring up in public you know. I don't think that Jim wants to hear about that."

Carol gazed at me, her eyes narrowing. I could almost see a glimmer of pity as she considered my response.

"I'm afraid that it is Mark." She replied with indifference. "You see Jim knows exactly how I feel. I've been seeing him for the past few months and we've grown close. We've become closer than I ever expected and closer than you and I have ever been."

I felt like the floor just collapsed. I gulped, "What the fuck?"

I noticed they were holding hands. Jim gave her hand a little squeeze of support as she continued cutting my heart out.

"Yes Mark. I love you honey. But I'm not in love with you anymore. I've been unhappy for a while and Jim has tried to help. He's been a great friend to me and he and I are together now. We have fallen in love and..."

"WHAT?? NO! DAMN YOU!"

I rose to my feet and glared at my former best friend and faithless wife. I was suddenly angry, hurt, amazed and confused. This was unbelievable!

"You must be kidding! This is some sick joke, right?!!"

If looks could kill, Jim would've been struck dead. Carol just took another sip of wine, shrugged indifferently and sighed. Her gaze of pity infuriated me.

"Its true Mark. I'm sorry."

"How long Carol?"

"Please sit back down Mark. We're all adults here. Let's be civil about this." Carol said with amazing control.

Seething with indignation I asked, "I said how long...SLUT??"

If I expected her to respond angrily to my insult, I was wrong. I guess she had been practicing her speech because she was in complete control. Her beautiful face lacked any emotion.

"I know this is hard for you Mark and I never wanted it to happen." She spoke calmly, adding, "But it did. As you and I have grown apart, Jim has been there for me, to help and support me."

"And to fuck you cheating slutty bitch."

Not taking the bait, Carol said, "Yes, well, in any case Mark, he's been a real friend to console me. I admit that we've been seeing each other. I'm, I mean we're not able to hide it any longer. We didn't want you to find out from someone else. So we had to tell you the truth about us."

I lost it. My brain was swirling with emotions! She's cheating on me! My beautiful wife and my asshole best friend, ex best friend now are...what?

"You whore! You cheating, lying slut!!" I cried in despair. My face grew hot and my expression harsh. In a bitter tone as I asked, "Tell me my faithful, lying slut wife. Has he fucked you yet?"

Carol stiffened and looked a little shaky before flashing a cool stare.

"Yes Mark. Jim and I are lovers."

I glared at Jim and snapped, "You back stabbing shit!! You took advantage of our marital problems?? I thought you were my friend! I trusted you and you do this? You fuck my wife and now are taking her from me you BASTARD!!"

I started to move toward them and Jim suddenly stood up. His tall, thick frame towered over me. He held out his hands in a defensive gesture.

"Please Mark. Just settle down." He told me. "We didn't plan this buddy. It just happened."

"Don't call me buddy you fuck!! You're no friend of mine!"

"Come on Mark. You know I care about you. I feel terrible about this, about how this worked out. But I love Carol. I can't help it. I want her to be happy and she's certainly not happy the way things are. You're not happy either, if you're honest about it."

"You don't know shit you asshole!!" I yelled, nearly out of control.

"Please Mark." Carol said, rising from her seat. "I know this will be hard for you Darling. But we can't stay married. Its really something I have to do. I will make this as easy for you as I can. Jim will support me and Jenny and..."

"JENNY! MY JENNY!" I screamed. She could have hit me with a two by four and had less effect than the words she just spoke!

"I'm her mother." Carol pleaded. "She needs me and Jim said..."

"You whore!! You fucking cheating whore! You sick bitch, you're not taking my daughter you fucking tramp. Go fuck Jim. You both can go to hell! But I'll never give Jenny up. NEVER!"

"She's your daughter!" Carol said, her voice rising for the first time. "You don't have to give her up. She's yours and always will be."

"Please Mark." Jim said pleading. "Lets be reasonable okay? What happens between Carol and I won't effect you being her father. Its just that Jenny needs her mother to take care of her. You'll have all the visitation you want. Don't think we'll keep you from her. But I love Carol and she loves me. Jenny will always be your daughter. But when she's with us, she'll be very well taken care of man, I assure you of that my friend."

"Friend!" I spat out. "Some friend you are asshole! Never call me that again you back stabbing cock sucker!! You're a snake in the grass, stealing my wife and now my daughter. Now I see why Carol and I can't get together anymore. You've been undercutting our marriage the whole time. Playing like a friend while trying to steal Carol and Jenny from me. You're the sickest, bastard...!"

1...34567...9