A Painful Situation: Mark and Carol

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I must have called him a few more names, but I don't remember. Losing my wife and threatening to take my precious baby suddenly made me insane. I turned my anger toward my former best friend and made my first big mistake.

"You fucker I'll kill you!!" I cried, launching myself at the big guy and flinging a fist at his face.

Jim's taller than me and a lot heavier. He had always been big and athletic ever since I knew him. He easily deflected my punch and shoved me into an end table and stumbled onto the floor. Embarrassed and in emotional pain I hit the ground and sprung to my feet. Carol let out a scream.

"NO! STOP IT!!" She cried as I launched another swing at Jim.

This time he caught my fist in mid air with as little effort as if he was holding back a little kid. Fighting has never been my strong point, so I guess it was stupid to attack him like this.

"Damn it Mark!" Jim shouted, shoving me back into a nearby chair. "Just listen for a minute and get control of yourself."

Carol's was standing next to him, staring down at me with a look of disbelief, pity and amazement. Jim deflected my attack with so little effort, I felt humiliated.

"Please Mark." She pleaded. "It doesn't have to be this way. Jim and I are asking nothing from you. He makes enough to support me and Jenny without a problem. Jenny will always be your daughter and of course I'll give you generous visitation rights."

"NEVER!"

"Come on Mark." Jim said with pity. "You may not think so right now but we can still be friends. You know I care about you. But I love Carol. I know this will take some time and I'm going to help as much as I can."

He took a breath and said, "We can't help that we fell in love man. Just accept that and everything will be a lot smoother. I know you don't believe me right now. But we both still care about you, a lot. I'll help you get over this and Jenny will always know that you're her father. I'll not get in the way of your relationship with her. That will never change."

I was still smarting from my humiliating beat down. Carol was watching, sobbing a little but her expression was more pity than sympathy. Big Jim just stood there waiting for my next reaction. I knew he worked out regularly. Of course he had a lot of time to do that being single and not having to provide for a family. My job and family responsibilities left me with almost no free time. I was out of shape, being too busy working long hours to support my family. I could never take him in a fair fight. But my anger overcame my good sense and I wasn't giving up yet.

I acted like I was calming down and stood back up. As I straightened my clothes and took a deep breath, they both were watching me warily. Carol had on high heels, so she was nearly at my height. Jim was much taller and looked down at me as I shot him a look of pure hate.

"Well. This sure has come as a surprise. The two people I trust more in the whole world have just stabbed me in the back."

"I'm sorry." Carol whimpered. "I just couldn't let you go on thinking we were fine. We couldn't do that to you."

"Yeah, right." I whispered dejectedly. "Well fuck you both."

"Please Mark." Jim said. "I feel terrible about this you know. But we respect you too much to just go behind your back. We still care about you a lot."

"Yeah. I can tell." I said sarcastically.

"Please understand." Carol said with sad eyes. "I didn't mean for it to work out like this. It just happened. I'm so sorry honey."

She went to hug me but I surprised them both and pushed her back against him hard. She stumbled and fell back against Jim's chest, and he caught her before she fell down.

In the split second he caught her, he was vulnerable. I quickly swung my fist as hard as I could, and with all my strength slammed it into Jim's head. At the last second he saw it coming and his eyes widened. His face grimaced as my knuckles came crashing into his nose.

There was a sickening thud of bones snapping and blood splatter onto our carpet. Carol screamed out in a panic. "NOOOOO!!". as she watched the guy collapse at her feet, blood spurting from his nose like a fountain.

He was woozy but still coherent. I was on him in a second, swinging my fists into his bleeding face but he recovered quickly. He took a few blows to the head and then pushed me away.

"You fucker!" He shouted in a weird nasal tone. He started to come at me, but Carol pulled his arm. "No Jim, don't!" She cried, holding him back.

I wanted him to come at me, but he just stood there wincing with his nose dripping with blood.

"Come on wife stealer." I goaded trying to get him to fight. "You can steal her behind my back. But you're just a gutless wimp in a fair fight. Need a woman to protect you pussy. Can't fight your own battles? Hiding behind a woman's skirt pussy? What's wrong with you, you fucking wimp!"

His eyes were raging, but Carol clung to his arm. I guess he knew he was the eventual winner anyway, getting my wife in the end.

"Fuck you Mark." He finally said. "You're lucky she's here to protect you. Don't pull this shit again or I'm gonna kick your ass."

"Big talk pussy." I growled, with my hands in a fighting stance.

Jim relaxed and let Carol pull him away. He took out a handkerchief and mopped up the blood flowing from his nose. The two of them proceeded to the front door in silence before Carol turned back to me angrily.

"It didn't have to be this way." Carol snapped. "We tried to let you down easily Mark. But you had to get physical."

"Fuck you and fuck him too." I told her bitterly. "Oh, I guess you've already done that BITCH!!"

Carol's face twisted in anger, but she didn't speak. I then noticed the two suitcases sitting by the closet. Jim picked one up and headed for the front door, casting me angry glances as he left. Carol picked up the smaller one and followed him out the door. She stopped once, looking back at me like she wanted to say something. But instead just turned and left.

As they drove off, I bolted to my car and drove like a maniac to Becky's house. I parked and ran to the front door, knocking on it in a panic. Becky's mother answered with a sad look on her face.

"Hello Mark." She said in a sad voice. "I know why you're here. Carol called a few minutes earlier and spoke to Jenny. Jenny said her Mom told her to leave the house and go somewhere. I don't know what she told her. I think they're picking her up somewhere, but they didn't tell me where."

"You knew about this?" I asked in disbelief.

"Well not everything. Carol asked me to keep it quiet so I did." She then looked at me with the same pity my wife did. "I'm so sorry about all this. I always thought you two had a great marriage. I didn't know about all your problems."

"Yeah. I didn't either." I told her angrily. "Do you know where Jenny went? Any friends she has around her? I really need to get to her."

"I don't Mark. I'm sorry. I would tell you if I did, you know that."

"Bull shit." I growled, "She's a cheating slut and you're covering for her. I know that now. I wonder if your husband knows your covering for a woman that's cheating on her husband. Maybe you are too and you two cover for each other. I don't have time for cheating sluts anymore so don't ever speak to me again."

She was angry and glared at me before slamming the door in my face. I left her house in blaze of despair. Once again my scheming wife and ex friend had out smarted me. They had everything covered. It was all planned out. Carol had betrayed me and now Jenny was gone too. I couldn't think straight anymore. My mind was swirling with all the issues suddenly thrust onto me. I went home to an empty house, feeling like I was dead.

I managed to get to work the next day, somehow. After a few hours I began to feel a little bit normal again. The intense accounting workload was no longer a dreary job, it was a blessing, something to keep my mind off my problems. After work I went home and tried to think straight. The first thing I did was call Jenny.

"Hello. Dad?" She answered right away.

"Jenny! My god. I miss you so much sweetie. I want to come get you and bring you home with me honey."

There was a pause that grew awkward.

"Where are you?"

"I-I'm with Mom." She answered in a tense tone. "Mom said I should tell you that I'm fine and..."

"Where are you? I want to come get you."

"I can't Dad. Mom and Uncle Jim told me..."

"Stop! He's not your Uncle. Never mention that back stabber again Jenny."

I spoke out of anger without thinking how it would sound to Jenny.

"I-I...I'm sorry Jenny. I'm just so upset honey..." I apologized as Jenny started to cry. "Please honey. Just tell me where you are. I'll get you."

"I can't Dad." She sobbed. "Mom said I have to wait a bit before I can see you again. She said you're pretty upset right now and..."

"I'm upset with her, not you baby." I interrupted. "They stabbed me in the back but you did nothing wrong. Nothing. I just need to see you, and we need to be together. Please."

Suddenly the line was cut off. I called her back but the call just went to voice mail. I pounded the table in frustration. No doubt Carol was filling her head with all sorts of lies.

I bolted back to the car and zoomed over to Jim's house. I ran up to the door and pounded on it. But there was no answer. I checked the garage and found his SUV wasn't there. Neither was his BMW. I walked around the house looking in windows but didn't see anyone. Suddenly a police car drove up. The officer got out glaring at me, and called me over.

"I'm looking for my daughter." I told him before he could ask.

"Yeah." He said looking at me with little sympathy. "I know. The neighbors called the station and said someone was poking around the house. I also heard about your separation and the problem with your wife."

"Who told you that?" I said warily.

"Does it matter?" He said. "You have to go. Now! You're not wanted around this house. If you return you're trespassing. I'll have to cuff you and take you down to the station for questioning."

I was nearly out of control. I took a deep breath and got in my car. Jim must have taken them off somewhere out of my reach. They out smarted me again.

Of course I got a lawyer and he gave me all the bad news. I'd have to split all our assets including the house. Carol would no doubt get custody of Jenny, despite her running around on me. I might have a chance for custody if the judge found that I was a good parent, and that Jenny would agree to live with me now.

That was my saving grace. Despite the brief phone call with her, I knew she loved me. I'd been there when she was sick, I took her to her after school events, I went to her school to see her teacher on parent's night. I had been there for every major event in her life. But now I was alone. Carol had Jim to keep her company. I needed someone to help me get over this terrible situation. I needed Jenny in my life and knew that she'd be with me so we could be some sort of family again.

I was served with the divorce papers at home. Carol knew my work schedule and must have informed her lawyer. She attached a note to the decree that said she didn't want to embarrass me by serving me at work. Tough shit. I could have cared less about that.

It said our finances would be split 50/50. We could sell the house and split the proceeds, or she could buy me out and live at home with Jenny. According to her Lawyer that was her preference, to live in our house so Jenny could continue her education in the same school district. We'd each keep our cars. There was no alimony, but I'd have to pay for custody for Jenny.

My Lawyer said it was a equitable split. I didn't agree. After all she ran out on me and was fooling around on me for months. Jenny was my daughter and I wanted full custody. He said I was foolish but he'd submit a counter offer from what I told him.

In the meantime that fucker Jim took my family away on a vacation in Florida. I never found out exactly where. Jenny did call me. Our conversations were strained and she acted very nervous. I tried to tell her I loved her and that I needed her, but I came off sounding desperate. No shit. I was desperate to get back some shred of self respect.

With my family gone I threw myself into my work. There was always something to do for a licensed accountant, and I was working overtime as much as I could. I never heard when Carol and Jenny returned from Florida. I guess they didn't want me to know.

The day of our court date, I arrived with my Lawyer and Carol and Jim arrived with theirs. I cast him a glaring, hateful look, trying to kill him with my eyes. He just looked away and didn't return my gaze. Carol just looked indifferent. As if the break up of our family and her failed marriage was already in the past.

When it came time for the final disposition, the judge took Jenny into his private chambers and spoke to her for nearly an hour. I kept asking my Lawyer why it was taking so long. I knew she must miss me by now. I haven't seen her in weeks! She just had to tell the judge that she wanted to stay with me in our home, and I could finally get on with my life.

The Judge finally came out and issued his final ruling. He said it was a difficult decision and that neither Carol or I should dismiss how hard it was for a fourteen year old to make such a choice. It ended up that Jenny was going to live Carol and the asshole! I nearly fell over in a coma, and barely heard a word after that.

I walked out of the courtroom before he finished, with the judge yelling at me to sit back down. I ignored that asshole and just staggered to the hallway. When I finally got my brain back my lawyer came out and told me the rest of the judge's decision. I would have to pay for custody, and would have to either buy out Carol's half of the house, or sell it and split the equity. He seemed pleased with the decision and actually looked proud that I wouldn't have to pay alimony, and that Carol had to give me generous visitation rights.

"You came out okay Mark." He said, slapping me on the back. "It could have been a lot worse."

I was speechless!

Carol emerged from the courtroom, glanced over at me with a pitying look. Jim just left without saying anything. He took her by the arm and led my cheating slut wife out of the court house. I never saw Jenny. I was in a daze as I walked out.

In the parking lot Carol came over to me. Jim was a few yards away looking guilty. I noticed he still had a bandage on his nose.

"This can work out Mark." Carol said pleasantly. "I know this isn't what you wanted. But Jenny loves you and wants to be with you. She'll live with us of course, but you can see her anytime you want. Both Jim and I want you to be in Jenny's life, and we'll do everything we can to accommodate, and make this transition as smooth as possible for you."

I just stared at her in disbelief. Was she insane?

When I didn't answer, Carol said in a soothing tone. "Please Mark. I know this is difficult. We want you to accept this judgment. Lets work to make Jenny's life as smooth as we can. Its for her benefit you know."

Finally my mind returned. I looked over at Jim, who was gazing blankly at me. Then I looked straight in Carol's eyes and sneered with as much venom as possible.

"Fuck you bitch." I glared at Jim and said, "Go to hell and take him with you."

Carol's wistful expression disappeared. Jim heard me and looked over with a glare. My Lawyer tugged at my arm and tried to pull me away.

"Come on Mark. This won't help. Let's go."

Carol said with irritation, "Damn it Mark. Stop being childish! You have to help Jenny for her sake. This isn't easy for her either. She's your daughter and she needs you now, more than ever."

"No cunt. She's your daughter now, not mine." I informed bitterly. "Don't ever contact me again you fucking whore, you or Jenny. And keep your shit head stud away from me too. If you ever come near me again I'll..."

"STOP!" My Lawyer shouted before I said anymore. He pulled me away in a firm grasp and told me, "Just stop talking Mark. It won't help. Wait until you calm down damn it!"

Carol had tears in her eyes as she pleaded, "She's your daughter Mark. She needs you right now!"

"Fuck you whore." I told her. I looked at Jim who was staring back at me with obvious anger. "Fuck you too shit head, my former good FRIEND!! What a laugh!"

My Lawyer dragged me away as I kept yelling, "Just go and fuck my whore wife you bastard! Fuck the whore all you want you back stabbing bitch...!"

Everyone around us was watching and listening. An officer came out to see what was going on and I finally stopped yelling. They pulled me around to my car as my Lawyer tried to explain the details of the judgment. I heard I had to pay her some amount each month for Jenny, and that I needed to come up with money for the house, and a few other things. At some point I just yanked my arm away and ran to my car sobbing.

The next day the lock on our finances was released. Carol had taken half of our savings and investments, all the money I was saving for our family. There was some left for me, but not enough to do much more than survive. I received an official letter asking me to either move, or provide her part of the equity of our house if I planned to sell it. I hastily sent back that I would sell it.

With a policeman in tow, Carol returned the day after and retrieved her car and all of her personal items. She also claimed most of the furniture which I paid for.

When she finished picking out her things, she tried to speak to me. I told her "fuck you cunt", and walked away.

The cop warned me to be civil, but I didn't care about him. When they walked out of the house Carol had tears in her eyes. She got to the front yard and asked the cop to wait. She turned to me and said she wanted to talk. I went out onto the front yard and the cop stayed nearby.

We just stood there for a moment in silence. I just waited with an indifferent look as my wife tried to gather her thoughts.

"Please don't hate me Mark." She said wiping her tears. "I know you're not happy right now. Its not easy. But it will all work out in the end."

I wanted to curse her out and say NEVER. Instead I kept quiet and let her say her piece.

"We weren't happy together and you know it." She continued. "Things were getting worse between us and I just couldn't go on." She stopped sniffling and wiped her eyes. She took a breath and her expression grew more determined.

"But Mark, what I really need to talk to you about is that I need your help with Jenny. She's not happy right now. Our divorce was hard on her."

I snorted as if it wasn't my fault. Carol picked up on that but ignored my insinuation.

"Please just listen." She pleaded. "I spoke to her Teacher and her school work is suffering. Mark, she barely speaks to me now and doesn't see her friends anymore. She stays in her room nearly all the time. I'm worried. Jim and I know she needs you. And I need your help with her so she can live a good life, a life with both parents. Jim said he won't..."

"Don't mention him to me ever again!" I instantly snapped. "Just go fuck your wife stealing shit head Carol. But never say his name to me! I never want to see or hear about him, ever! He's a back stabbing liar and you know it. He knew we were married, and he pursued you. He came across all friendly and nice. Then he seduced you with his money and fucked you behind my back."

"That's not the way it was Mark. Not at all."

"That's exactly what happened!" I countered angrily. "I thought he was my friend. A friend wouldn't do that. He's a cheater and liar and so are you."

I said that a little too loud and the cop moved closer, silently warning me to keep it civil. I noticed one of our neighbors had come out to look. Carol flinched at my remarks, but gave the cop a gesture that it was okay.

1...456789