A Painful Situation: Mark and Carol

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Work kept me extremely busy for the rest of the month. I was still making money on my investments, but I kept working to keep my mind from wandering about my lack of a love life. I could have paid for escorts to get off. But truthfully, I really didn't want meaningless sex without romance. Jerking off was just about as satisfying and a lot cheaper. But mostly I wanted a solid relationship with my daughter, and if I could get along with Carol, so much the better.

It was Jenny's call one week night that shocked me.

"Dad!" She cried, sniffling.

"Jenny? What's the matter?"

"Its Mom. She's crying. She's in the bedroom and won't let me in."

"What happened?"

"They had an argument. I think she found out Jim's cheating on her. She's a mess Dad. Can you come over?"

So my prediction came true. The sleazy bastards true colors finally came out.

"Where is he right now?"

"They had a big argument in the bedroom." Jenny said, her voice cracking. "I was so scared. Mom was screaming at him, there was lots of banging. Afterward he came out and slammed the door hard. He was cursing as he left the house. I think he drove away. I'm so scared Dad."

"Just stay there Jenny. I'll be right over."

I called the police and reported a possible domestic abuse. They met me at Carol's apartment and we knocked on the door. My ex wife answered after a long time, looking terrible. Jenny ran out and into my arms. I hugged her tight as she sobbed into my chest.

"Thank you for coming Dad." She gushed. "I'm so scared."

Carol went to the kitchen and sat down as the police officer questioned her. I looked for any signs of abuse. She didn't admit to any and I didn't see any visible bruises. But that didn't mean he didn't hurt her.

I asked the officer if I could have a word with her, alone and he agreed.

"Carol." I said softly. "Are you in any danger? Would you like to come over to my house for a while, just until things cool off?"

"Oh Mark...I don't know what to say." She blubbered. "I don't want to impose..."

"You're not imposing. You can sleep in the extra bedroom. Jenny will be there too. We can take care of you there. I care about you Carol and Jenny loves you. I don't want to leave you here with him. You and I had issues. But just forget about that. I want you to be safe. Please come with us. Jenny and I are begging you."

"...okay..." She whispered so softly I could barely hear her.

I leaned over and hugged her. "Thank you Carol." I said with feeling. "Don't worry about anything. Lets get some things packed for you. If you forget something we can buy it."

She sobbed a little, then whispered, "Thank you Mark."

The police had to write up a report. But since Carol said there was no abuse, Jim didn't have to come in for questioning. Lucky for him there wasn't. He's still on probation for the assault on me, and would have been back in jail again.

Over the next few weeks, Carol basically moved back in with me. She was crushed by her boyfriend's treachery, and broke off her relationship with him. We talked about it one time. She said he was banging the receptionist at the car repair shop where he worked. It sounded so typical of that bastard. He never could keep his dick in his pants.

Over the next few weeks I did everything I could to provide a safe loving environment for Jenny, for Carol too. I know she appreciated it and Jenny couldn't have been happier. She loved having both parents home every night. Her attitude became better, her performance at school improved, and her social life did too, as boys began showing up around the house a few times. We ate dinner together and went to movies sometimes. I loved it when Carol would cook for us. Having a delicious dinner waiting for me was great. It made me leave work on time whenever I could.

There wasn't any physical contact between Carol and I. She was still distressed about her situation, and know knew how I felt when she let me down. From the start, I made it clear that we were just friends but I wanted her safe. And having her there with Jenny and I made it seem like a real home now.

I found her a job with a client of mine. I bought her a car so she could go to work and be a little more independent. She hugged me so hard when I handed her the keys we both began crying. Jenny came and we all had a family hug.

It was a little rough when she began dating. I knew a lovely woman like Carol would soon meet some guy. But it was a little awkward when she told me she was going out on a date that weekend. I just told her I was happy for her. But it was a bit of a sad moment for me. I knew we could never be together again, not without trust and I knew I could never trust her again. Still, I was happy she wasn't living the life of a nun after her horrible break up from Jim.

We found her an apartment nearby. Most of the money she got from our divorce was spent on bills and Jim's legal expenses. She did have some furniture that she got out of Jim's apartment. But it wasn't enough so I gave her some extra money for things she needs. I also gave her a coffee maker for a house warming present.

Jenny was sad she was leaving and Carol said she'd miss us a lot, but it was time for her to be on her own. I agreed. Living with me would only stir up unpleasant memories for both of us. She needed to start fresh. The guy she's dating seemed pretty cool. Jenny said he spoke nice to her and she liked him. I guess that's as good a reference as I could hope for.

As Carol pulled away from me, Jenny and I grew closer. I think I depend on her as much as she does me. I watched her grow from a little girl, to a sweet adolescent, into an intelligent, responsible young lady. She's taking advanced courses at school because we've starting the process to find a college for her. Her grades are doing well and there are a number of Universities interested in her. She's a wonderful daughter, I couldn't ask for better, and I'm incredibly proud of her.

My love life isn't very robust. But there are some women that have expressed interest in an aging old Accountant. I have them over sometimes so Jenny can give me her appraisal. So far none have turned into a solid romance. But I'm still hoping there's someone for me out there. Only time will tell.

In the meantime I'm busy and successful in my work. And I'm enjoying raising Jenny for the short time we have before she leaves for school. I have to say things turned out better than I thought they would a few years ago. Divorce sucks, but life goes on.

1...456789