All Comments on 'A Ph.D. in Chemistry Ch. 03'

by lovelyelephant28

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
PLEASE get an editor....

Generally well written. I enjoyed the sex between Henry and Matilda. But the plethora of spelling errors that preceded it made me almost give up and not get there! You're a good writer and a good storyteller, except for this one (easily correctable!) flaw. I look forward to future installments!

JaceyTreyJaceyTreyover 3 years ago

Yes, your spelling could use some work.  In some places, the words were spelled correctly, just the wrong words: "I wasn't being as conspicuous as I'd hoped." Conspicuous is spelled correctly here, however, I believe you had meant "inconspicuous". Just an example of some errors a proofread would uncover. I learned, long ago, a trick to proofreading my own work. Write without editing a first draft, let your ideas flow, ignoring grammar and spelling. Finish the paragraph, or page, or chapter...you know, just go until you need to stop. Then set the work aside for a day. Let it go. Return to it, no more or less than 24 hours, and be critical. Fix the errors. Again, set it aside. Work on something else. Re-read it after another day, as a reader, not a writer. You will see some more errors. Fix them as you go. One final proofread, then publish.

It is CRITICAL to allow some time. You know what you want to say, and right or wrong, you'll SEE what you want, not what's really there, if you don't wait.

That said, this story is coming along quite well! I understand the gist of the idea she hated him at the beginning of the story, she needed to in order to keep her attraction to him in perspective. How can you love someone, but compete for the same coveted job? You kind of let that conflict go a bit. It could have been an interesting battle of conscience, waffling over her desire for him and the desire for the professorship.

The sex scene was incredibly hot and erotic. You wrote it very well!

You're sticking with the plot, just have some hanging threads here and there.

5 stars! I'm so glad I'm sticking with this story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlovelyelephant28@lovelyelephant28
First-time writer, long time reader of all things romance and erotic. Trying my hand at this for the first time. hope you all enjoy what I have to write.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES