All Comments on 'A Question of Trust'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 219 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good start....

....but the end, not so much. Gave 3 stars cause the writing itself is very good, and i liked the beginning of the story where he kicks marks ass, and gets rid of her. Mission accomplished but then he transforms into a wimp and takes her back. He said it himself, "she kissed him back" he can never trust her again.

Thanx!

Loklie

NicealloverNicealloverover 5 years ago
Good story

God you should continue the story. Maybe she needs to be tempted again when she thinks Rob isn’t around. Maybe he needs to test her, a stress test!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Good story!

It's hard for me to understand some of the comments. Can't a story be just a story? Sure, I'd probably not get back with a fiance who thought another guy's hand on her ass was no big thing or another guy's tongue down her throat was no big thing, but a story about her is sure sobering! People do grow up. Maybe she's one of them. Then again,... I like uncertainty like that in a story. It leaves you thinking. It made me think I'll have a beer and not go looking for someone who has to flirt with other men.

DiscoveringUtopiaDiscoveringUtopiaover 5 years ago
The perfect pussy...

She thinks she has one... He turned into one...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Typical JPB story

Woman fucks up her relationship with a man. The man acts like a real man and threws her out. But... he can never forget the cunt. Why? Never explained. Even when he meets nice and faithful girls afterwards, he still longs for the cheating cunt. In most of JPB stories they got back together and she, predictably, stabs him in the back again. He cut it short in this one, so we'll never know what happens, but considering the lame excuses she gave for her behavior, she'll cheat on him again.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 5 years ago
no ending.

There wasn't an ending to this story.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
Why can't the fellow get over her?

When you are young, you believe there are a multitude of partners you're capable with. In reality, your lucky to meet two in a lifetime.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsabout 5 years ago
I've heard some shit!

Oh I only kissed him to pump up my ego! What complete crap!

Oh yes I did let him touch my arse, but only in fun!

She's a complete skank! Don't get within spitting range, except to spit in her eye.

So she got smacked a bit! Life's tough ain't it!

If she didn't play around she could have been in clover.

Tootight1Tootight1about 5 years ago
good story

Loved it. Been awhile since I read it. How old where they 24, 25, I don't know, but judging from their reactions, I'd say I'm close. We all, know or knew someone like his friend (flirty), men and women when they are that age.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
A great

A great JPB story. I enjoyed this one very.much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
She done him wrong?

What I don't understand is why Darcy settles for Mark? Is she both stupid and uneducated? Why not pack her things and move across the country? Start over? Call a friend that lives out of the area and get some help getting started elsewhere? Trying to RAAC them was just a lousy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This is

the fourth story I've read by this man and every one has left me in a kind of limbo. I like a little more completion than he has provided thus far. Recklessly generous as always, 3*.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
Darcy was simpleminded for sure.

But like a previous Anonymous commenter posted, hooking up with Mark seemed strange, but marrying him seemed insane.

Rob hooking up with her again for a test ride I get. But the sum total of her bad choices should have been clear enough for Rob to see a future with Darcy would be full of him suffering through her next stupid decision.

I'm not talking about Darcy cheating on Rob. I'm talking about living with someone where your constantly putting out fires your partner created by not thinking things through. That's too much nonsense to deal with a life partner.

Enjoyed the story. *****

ReadyOneReadyOneover 4 years ago
@danoctober

Amen!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Bullshit

Darcy knew Mark was a loser. Darcy knew Mark was touchy feely. Darcy knew Mark was an asshole. Darcy knew she and Mark were betraying her fiance. Darcy should have known what her flirting with Mark would lead to in her engagement. She let Mark rub her ass in public. She let Mark kiss her passionately. She kissed him back...passionately...after accepting a marriage proposal from Rob. She's not 12 years old anymore. Then she accepted a marriage proposal from Mark. She let him beat her 5 times before cold-cocking him and divorcing him. If Rob takes her back, the chances are greater than 100 percent she will cheat on Rob again with the next man who compliments her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Her argument might fly but for one thing

She went out an emergency exit into a parking lot to amek out with someone

That shit dont "just happen"

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
REALLY STUPID STORY

UNBELIEVABLE BULLSHIT!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Darcy is just another fuck buddy.

And that’s all. They are not getting back together. There’s no wedding in the future. She’s just a good lay.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
Another title for this could be...

"Darcy's Nightmare". She screwed up but she paid the price. For that one drunken kiss she:

(1) lost the man she wanted to marry,

(2) she lost the respect of her friends,

(3) in a depressed state, she married man she didn't love,

(4) during her short term marriage she got sent to the emergency room 5 times being a punching bag for her loser husband,

(5) even though she was happy to get out of the marriage, she had to go through the nonsense that comes with divorce,

(6) finally, she had to live with herself understanding she had no one to blame for her troubles except herself.

Wow, that was a hell of a price to pay for one drunken kiss. Darcy gave herself a BTB ending.

Frankly, I would have dumped her too. I'm old school when it comes to engagements. Once a fellow puts a ring on it, a commitment has been made. Marriage then becomes a formality.

Still, I could see Rob considering dating her again. Why not? Even with billions of people on this planet, you're lucky if you meet 1 or 2 people that you connect with close enough to be a life partner.

That is the tragedy of a cheating spouse and why people are lost after divorcing. Your alone in the world again and the odds of meeting someone you connect with are slim.

JPB is an amazing, skillful writer who can put together a quite entertaining story in 1 or 2 pages. That is not an easy task. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
re just another fuck buddy

YEP-even getting together with the prick once -no excuses means dont marry the bitch-re comments about unrealistic-people are crazy-just look at politics US where people are arguing about and taking sides when both have contributed to the coming massive crash

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Interesting.

I'm not sure what to think. Her failure was not huge, but it was real. She really wasn't mature enough for marriage. Maybe that changed? She seems to understand what she did. Whether or not to take a chance is a tough call, but making her work for it is a given. Interesting story. You got me thinking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
2 stars.

Mark still made him a cuckold.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Nope. Just engaged...

As far as we know (from the story), they just flirted and kissed.

3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Boy

You are brain dead or a woman to have him even think about taking that scan back. Puke on this ending. Dee is a lose to taking her side, her husband better keep an eye on her.

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 4 years ago
Nice story. Stopped to soon.

For those of you who do not understand "Cuckold." You have to be an active participant in it. If she is cheating on you and you find out and leave. You are not a cuckold.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
did you get tired of writing?

Great story, not so great without and ending. Where is the rest?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

It is logical to think that Rob would understand it meant nothing after she was caught cheating when she married Mark just 8 months later. The church, the expensive wedding, the honeymoon with Mark, were all certain to convince her ex-fiancee that she loved him and not her new spouse.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Good ending. Never trust her again. Just use her... but keep Juanita around too.

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsover 3 years ago

Things do have a way of working out. He'll figure it out. Good luck and good story! 5*~~ JBE

Harvey8910Harvey8910over 3 years ago

I loved the story. I gave it 5 stars. I agree with Bob that the most important thing in a relationship is trust. After all, all Darcy did was let Mark put his hand on her rear end and kiss him in the parking lot. Rob could have handled this better. But I learned in the story that Darcy in a flirt. One of my rules going forward was for Darcy to flirt only with Rob and to control her drinking at all times. It is never a good excuse to blame your behavior on having too much to drink. That is bullshit. Also, i would never let Darcy dance with another guy. Never!!! Dancing is like sex. it is very sensual and very erotic. Or at least it can be. My wife and I are good dancers and we love going out dancing. But in our nearly fifty years together, she has not danced with another man and I have not danced with another woman. It works for us. I remember one night a friend of mine was sitting with his wife who is a great dancer. She saw my wife and me out on the dance floor. She was impressed and asked her husband if maybe she could dance with me. Her husband just turned to her and in a serious tone said, "No, his wife does not share!" And that is the truth!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Nice story would have liked it to finish properly. One of the issues Darcy and Rob would have is that Rob is likely to imagine Mark having sex with Darcy when they were married. I've always wondered what it's like for two people getting together knowing that they've both had sex with other people. When the previous lovers were faceless people I guess it something that can be ignored but for Rob he would be able to visualise Mark fucking Darcy, Darcy sucking Mark's cock. Could he deal with that?

That situation would have been interesting to explore for the ending of the story. I don't think Rob would have been able to handle it.

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

Why would he stick his dick into the cesspool between her legs? She's just a cheating whore and he doesn't need that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

She was stupid at least twice, according to her own words.

She'll keep on being stupid. The saying is that it can't be cured.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I guess he doesn't learn from his mistakes after all, keeping her picture in his wallet was too pathetic, she fucked and married the guy. Yet another RAAC story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
raac trash

shell be feeding him her lovers leavings in short order .

nice little cuckold story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Oh yeah...

being groped in public is just "flirting". Completely unconvincing, so just another RAAC

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Dude travels for long periods of time and she likes to flirt, and he caught her one. That’s not a good recipe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Plain Bob needs a clue

Ok. I have been reading his stories for awhile. Most of them deal with a guy getting cheated on, and then taking the girl back. Self esteem, and pride in the male species, seems to be lacking. Any woman ( or man) who will make out with someone else, weeks away from getting married, is not a keeper. Cut your losses, and thank God you weren’t married and had kids, cause next time, it’s gonna get a lot more expensive!

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Really good

One.of Bob's good ones, but he still won't write an ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Part 2

She cheats again with Mark.

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

Only a pussy and a wimpy cuck would think about letting a cheating whore back in his life. Just Plain Bob has lost his balls with yet another shitty RAAC story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

JPB

Based in on the stories you write, I think you have a fetish is simps.

Normally I would give a reconciliation 1 star but at least this story was realistic so 2 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

this is stupid. i wasted my time on another JPB story. I think you write just enough decent stories-the great minority of your stories that I've read-that the intermittent reward cycle has captured me. i should say had captured. I'm done. you have no respect for your readers and have said as much. in returning the favor. bye

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

THIS MEDIOCRE WRITER ENDS MOST STORIES IN A SHITTY WAY....THE WIMP TAKES BACK THE CHEATING SLUT

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

You need to finish this story. It seems you have serious problem in persistence and that is why all your stories are short. That is okay as long as they are finished. This one is not.

You are also hopelessly romantic in a vulgar way. You like to write about "love" a lot but all your effort to present us with the evidence of love is by characters relentlessly begging for a relationship while drowning in self destruction and vulgarities. This is a sort of juvenile approach and it is really worn out already since you did it so many times.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 3 years ago

I know I'm repeating things I've said before, but she says "she wasn't thinking clearly," but knew enough to remove Mark's hand the second time he had it on her ass before sneaking off with Mark.

\

"I didn't do what you think I did." - It's what he SAW her do!

\

She got married awfully fast to someone that didn't mean anything to her.

\

"there was never anything between Mark and me except what I thought was innocent flirting." - The initial ass-grabbing MIGHT be innocent flirting, but a second one not getting a slap, then sneaking out to make out isn't "innocent flirting."

\

The fact that Rob didn't say anything about the ass-grabbing was meaningless. She showed that she KNEW it was wrong by her own actions.

\

Definitely stick with the FWB, my money says that she'll bail within a year.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just another pathetic RAAC story.

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 3 years ago

Too short.

Trust, once broken is very difficult to regain.

Needs time and a lot of effort.

Could have evolved into something.

Needs a part-2

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why would he do ANYTHING for Darcy? He can't trust her not to do something stupid. Christ she even married stupid. You sure this was a loving wives story??

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Guy is asking for horns...

Se is going to cheat again and again, until he becomes a sissy wimpy cuck.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

"A relationship could not work if every time you were apart you wondered what the other person might be doing." Good observation. So he turns her into an FWB and doesn't care, and then everyone dies from AIDS a few years later. I love a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Next chapter?

pummel187pummel187over 2 years ago

FUCK THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smiffy69Smiffy69over 2 years ago

Strangely unsatisfying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Should have been 5 pages and finshed totally. Its well written and told well. There is a void that needs filled with this one. Too many loose ends.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitover 2 years ago

As it stands, it's an absolute "TWOFT" (a Total Waste Of Fucking Time)!!! Okay, so it's unfinished- so WHY print just HALF-a-STORY, when it is NOT a stand-alone, part? What a TWOFT!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hates unfinished work. Don't deserve any star at all

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was liking it until the end. Didn't like the way it played out, didn't like the story being relatively unfinished. I also didn't like that he gave her no chance to explain before finishing throwing her out.

2 stars because of that; could've almost been a low 4.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ah true love often has a lot of ups and downs Really like it

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

MARK, DARCY, RICHARD, DEE...ALL TOXIX BASTARDS...SEEMS LIKE PLAIN BOB IS A REAL LIFE CUCK

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 years ago

no ending. they get back together married with 2 kids. mark comes back seducing the retard. and now he is paying alimony and child support. the end. yeah the rick and dee convo left a bad taste in my mouth. hope he doesnt interact with those ppl anymore

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Idiot cuck

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I don't think he was a idiot breaking it up when they were in the back of the bar , he should of made a excuse to disappear and secretly watched where this would go.

lukeey90lukeey90about 2 years ago

This is how women know that..this guy is secretly a cuck !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

author you blamed the victim for the crime please stop doing drugs

"Are you going to call her" Dee asked.

"Good lord no! Why would you even ask?"

"Because in a way you are responsible for what went on between the two of them."

like seriously she cheats and marrys the other cheater author stop the drug use its killin ur brain cells

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitabout 2 years ago

IS that all there is???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I like the plot and the indeterminate ending. This was very well done at every level - plot, character development (hard to do in such a short story), and technical execution.

SignedBTWSignedBTWabout 2 years ago

If Mark Was

"Up there" on her list of the stupid things she's done, I'm dying to know just what exactly she's done that's higher up on that list. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a different story!

It is just so logical. No strings, no marriage—just friends with benefits until he feels he can trust her.

Well done!

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another partial story. You have great ideas/story lines, but the few i have read so far seem incomplete. Where is FTDS when you need him?

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAalmost 2 years ago

SWecond time for this story. He's in big trouble. He loves her. He thinks the question mark is trust. I think the real question is her impulse control. He better be cautious. All she has done so far is compare him to a major loser. Doubts with a capital D.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just another cuck pussy-whipped MC and skank female story

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

Not your normal story. I have always admired your writing, but almost always hate your endings. Maybe you are finally seeing the light.

Worth a 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story; would've liked a part 2 to find out what happened. As always, good writing & told well. 4 stars -- Bob

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ftds

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

old wimp just plain bob two darcy in the sad story .

CoffeeDrinker1CoffeeDrinker1almost 2 years ago

Wait,,, I seem to be missing page 3...

DrgwngDrgwngalmost 2 years ago

Idiot, both mc and author

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

Thanks for your writing.

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr97over 1 year ago

This feels utterly incomplete. Maybe because I have never felt any kind of love that would or could survive being betrayed by my fiance and best friend at the same time. I have no clue how this guy could want to have anything to do with some one willing to do that to him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another author who ran out of ideas half way through the story. Afraid to read anymore of his writings. It would waste more of my time.

Old Plain Bob is just Old Same Bob.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story sucked because it wasn’t finished.

Wildbill1964Wildbill1964over 1 year ago

Although it has been a very good story so far, where is the next chapter? All it gets is 3 stars for no ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great start. No ending. Honestly though when liquornis involved AND he was allowing the two to dance like that without intervention, I am not sure why he didn't at least try to hear her side of the story. They lost 2 years. Even if he didn't fully believe her, it would h a very made him pause. They could have moved the wedding date. They could have gone to counseling to help with trust. Worst case get an ironclad pre-nuptial if they do get married. He knee she was a flirt and the friend is a hound dog and handsy. Yes she kissed the guy back while drunk but that isn't thr same as a full blown affair. I like that he intervened on the parking lot forcefully but I don't get the lack of confrontation. Instead he punches Mark and drops the mike and walks off stage. Huh? He feels justified when they get married like 8 months later but that was her feeling lonely and having no one to turn too with Mark constantly pushing at her with his obsessive fixation masquerading as love. Would have been better with an ending.

ThejmanltThejmanltover 1 year ago

Maybe I read this wrong, but did they really get engaged three days after meeting each other?

Pinto931Pinto931over 1 year ago

And then what happened?

SeaChangerSeaChangerover 1 year ago

I thought he was engaged ... that commitment (and woman) never crossed his mind during his convoluted self-analysis ?

I think the author was confused, not the main character.

davezqdavezqover 1 year ago

i agree with Anonymous 2 months ago. What s/he said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Where is the rest? Her explanation of what happened is severely lacking. No ddoubt she will stray again.

HighBrowHighBrowover 1 year ago

Femdom agitprop,

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I gave it 3 stars because I dont like the no effort short stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

No ending = No rating

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why no ending? Boo..

rn2711rn2711about 1 year ago

Why not ask Mark?

It feels like a beginning of a story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You leave me hanging you get two stars, needs more, I am not a fan of stories with no endings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Once a cheater, always a cheater.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...