A Quiet Lady's Place

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Wanda had exhibited a bit of personal insecurity in her past dealings with the old management. However, once she had Eva's ear and respect, an altogether new Wanda immerged from her cocoon.

For the first time since arriving at EXTV, Eva was excited about the increasing prospects of successfully saving the company from bankruptcy. Every employee and/or resident of this tiny West Charleston affiliated township would either benefit or suffer based on the results of EXTV's financial struggle for survival.

Wednesday was extremely stressful for everyone, as seven senior staff members and two hourly employees were let go. The senior-level personnel had enjoyed a free ride for more than two years yet were very angry with Eva's reorganization decisions. Additionally, Corporate had sent a consultant placement team to help the sacked personnel find new jobs or retrain for different careers. The disgruntled senior staff members then knew without a doubt that Corporate had approved their terminations, which further infuriated them.

Excitement was in the air at EXTV as the reduced front office Customer Service, and Marketing staff began to jell as a finely tuned functioning team. Several forecasting and overhead cost issues had been resolved using Wanda's new algorithm. This projected a steady month-over-month increase in profits moving the bottom line solidly into the black.

The sales team needed to kick in and focus on identifying potential new customers within a 500-mile radius. That way, a fast-reaction engineering design team could quickly swoop in to keep up the momentum. Secondly, the sales group needed to increase business with their existing customer base, whose products sales had dramatically increased in the past year. EXTV was now set perfectly for the drag time between those customers' high sales volume, directly impacting safe inventory levels. This drag time gap increased their immediate need to place larger orders for EXTV's current line of products and services.

Additionally, Eva and Jodie's reorganization had taken the drag off EXTV's bloated payroll and benefits in reducing overhead costs by more than $700,000USD annually. Jackie's part-time hiring as an intern was the only addition to the payroll since their reorganization. EXTV was definitely becoming a lean, mean selling machine!

A more relaxed Eva continued to enjoy her usual Friday evening sojourn to A Quiet Lady's Place, savoring a nice glass of Margaret River Cabernet. She usually sat in the lady-friendly lounge to avoid being continually chatted up by other patrons. A fair number of guys were regular customers at the restaurant, but most tended to bring their wives or dates. The lounge was typically restricted to ladies-only on weekends.

A Quite Lady's Place was well known for their One Rule: only ladies were customarily permitted in the lounge on virtually 100 percent of weekends and holidays. This rule allowed and encouraged business-oriented women to relax with a cocktail and kick up their heels without having to fend off aggressive suitors. The women-only rule was especially welcomed by businesswomen in town alone for work, such as sales calls, seminars, or a technical service on-site visit.

Occasionally, an aggressive lesbian would become too out there in a pick-up attempt, such as Blondie, whom Eva encountered on her first visit. However, they were definitely the exception and quietly received a stern cease-and-desist warning from the owner.

Nearly a month following EXTV's executive office restructuring, Eva was enjoying a cabernet at the corner lounge table Jackie usually reserved for her on Friday nights;

A soft melodious voice asked, "May I join you here since the place is a bit crowded?"

Startled, Eva responded, "Of course you may. Please forgive my delay, as I was deep into my Friday night contemplation time while relaxing with a nice glass of Cabernet." She continued, "I am Eva Jane McAdams, and close friends call me Eva or 'J'."

The calm melodious voice responded, "I am Clancy Marie Williams, and a nice cabernet is just what the doctor ordered." Her sparkling blue eyes were seeking out a lounge waitress.

Eva caught Jackie's eye, who was stationed behind the bar, indicating another glass was needed. "Clancy, please share a glass from my opened bottle, which has perfectly breathed. You may buy a second bottle for us later if needed."

"Absolutely!" replied Clancy.

After Jackie brought over a glass and introductions were made, Eva and Clancy exchanged small talk while sipping the delightful Cabernet. Eva learned that Clancy was in the process of moving from the Western USA to the Charleston area. She wanted her six-year-old daughter, Riley, to grow up living close to her grandmom. Clancy also learned a bit about Eva's history and why she was now located in Charleston.

Clancy had not been out socially in this part of the US, so a hotel front desk clerk recommended this place as comfortable for a woman alone. She was delighted to meet Eva in the lounge since they had a similar age range and travel experiences. They ordered a small plate of appetizers to share, and the pair also moved on to a second bottle of the nice Cabernet.

Neither lady was driving, having planned to Uber home, therefore no worries on drinking and driving. Riley was staying with her grandmom, so Clancy didn't have to be home at any particular time.

The place had become a bit noisier in the past two hours since it was Friday night, starting a new weekend of fun. Clancy wanted to phone her daughter and say goodnight, but it was definitely too noisy in the lounge for her to have a real goodnight phone call with Riley.

Eva suggested, "Clancy, we can take an Uber to the suburb I live in, which is in the direction of your hotel? You may phone Riley from my townhouse, and we can enjoy a coffee, tea, or another glass of Cabernet if you'd like?"

Clancy replied, "I do not want to disrupt your evening, but since we are obviously enjoying our time together, I accept your offer."

Eva added, "I have lived in Charleston for two months, and talking with you tonight is the most fun I have experienced since moving here. We will settle up our checks with the bartender, Jackie, who also is an intern in the design group at my company."

When Jackie arrived, Eva said, "It is now a bit noisy in the lounge, so we are taking an Uber to my place to continue talking." EXTV held a company account with the restaurant; therefore, Eva signed for both checks, adding an appropriate tip.

Jackie smiled, "Clancy, I am thrilled you came here tonight since it has been quite busy. I usually try to help entertain my boss on Friday evenings. Tonight has been unusually hectic, not leaving much downtime for me to gab with anyone."

Clancy thanked Jackie, "I really like this place and will definitely come in again soon."

The two new friends arrived at Eva's Townhouse after a brief ride. Eva directed Clancy to the guest toilet to freshen up and then pointed to a quiet area in the dining room where Clancy could phone Riley to say goodnight.

Clancy returned to the den after many goodnight phone air kisses and hugs, from mom to Riley. Eva offered Clancy several beverage choices, with Clancy delightfully responding, "The Cabernet is going down nicely, so shall we continue with more?"

They could continue talking and sipping the wine until getting tired. Clancy could use Eva's en suite guest bedroom that night, which was stocked with towels, shampoo, conditioner, scented soaps, but only a few basic cosmetics. Eva was a bit worried about Clancy going back to the hotel so late on a Friday night, even if using Uber. So, she had offered up her en suite guest bedroom to her if Clancy felt comfortable.

Both ladies were approximately the same slim build and height, at nearly six feet. Clancy could borrow some of Eva's yoga clothes if she wanted to change and relax while sipping her wine.

Eva spoke cautiously, "There may be an 'elephant' in the room, so let's clear the air."

"Okay," said Clancy waiting for more details.

Eva continued, "There were a few raised eyebrows when I first mentioned stopping for a glass of wine at A Quiet Lady's Place. I did not initially understand why until someone asked me if I knew it was a lesbian hangout? I did not realize that being 'Lady Friendly' was frequently interpreted as having lesbian tendencies or desires. I was just tired of constantly being hit on when all I wanted was a little relaxation after a long work week, which ruled out most Charleston bars!

"I am not a lesbian; at least I do not think so! I am technically a Virgin at 28-years old and do not appreciate always being hit on when out socially. Most men I meet in bars, lounges, or private parties seem to have a mental block in accepting my being out by myself for a nice relaxing glass of wine. That's why I mainly work or relax at home except for my Friday night sojourns to A Quiet Lady's Place.

"I am not asking you to sleep over for sex, Clancy, because for me, sex implies an emotional closeness, which I have never shared with anyone. Talking with you tonight has been delightful. Maybe there is an aura of attraction because we seem to always be on the same conversational wavelength. However, at this time, I see us becoming special friends who will enjoy learning about the Charleston area together.

"I want to resume our fun evening here sipping Cabernet, but only if you feel comfortable," Eva finished with a smile.

Clancy nodded and said, "Yes, please give me the yoga clothes and point out the guest bedroom? This has been my most wonderful evening out socially in a very long time, and I want to spend more time with you,"

"Alexa, play a nice soft jazz program so we can continue talking and enjoy our new friendship!" said a grinning Eva as she opened the Cabernet. Clancy gave Eva a big warm hug and went to change.

Eva and Clancy talked incessantly until one o'clock in the morning, just having a ball as friends. They both got a little tipsy and giggly before deciding it was definitely bedtime. Their goodnight hug was cozy, warm, and totally non-sexual as they wobbled off to their bedrooms.

SATURDAY MORNING:

Eva awoke and was up first since she would make them breakfast. While showering, Eva realized that spending the evening with Clancy had been the absolute best time in her life. She also wondered why she was having such conflicting and sensual thoughts about a girl or woman for the first time in her relatively young adult life.

She would need to seriously reflect on her true feelings for Clancy later when alone on Sunday evening. She and Clancy would spend most of today together as Eva was going along with Clancy to meet Riley and her grandmom later today.

The two of them had also decided to attend church on Sunday morning with Clancy's Mother-in-Law, Andrea Williams (Mom-W), and Riley. The group would enjoy a nice lunch somewhere after church, and then Eva would return home to perform a few work tasks while Clancy spent quality mom-time with Riley.

After showering, Eva dressed in light blue soft velvet booty shorts with a matching cute lace top. She prepared the necessary ingredients for a light breakfast but delayed the actual cooking until Clancy was up and about.

Knock-Knock. "Is Clancy awake?"

"Yes, Eva, come on in," answered Clancy.

"Wow, you look nice for early morning! Do you have something similar for me to wear until I am back at the hotel and can change?" asked Clancy.

"Yes, I will bring an outfit here while you are in the shower," Eva answered before walking over and sitting on the edge of the bed, asking, "Did you sleep well last night?"

"Slept awesomely, and I am certain it was related to the abundance of Margaret River Cabernet we consumed," answered Clancy.

Eva giggled, "We did put quite a big dent in the third bottle of the evening, but last night was the most fun for me in a very long time and maybe ever. She then leaned over and lightly hugged Clancy; "Get up, lazybones, and I will finish making breakfast while you shower!"

Clancy sauntered into the kitchen dressed in the borrowed soft hot pink velvet booty shorts and matching lace top, causing Eva to raise her eyebrows. This lady was definitely hot-n-sexy in her early morning attire.

They chatted easily on many topics throughout breakfast. Much of the conversation was about six-year-old Riley, whom Eva was dying to meet. The two new friends' comfort level was plainly visible, almost seeming like Eva and Clancy were lifetime friends. Their morning breakfast conversation was just a delightful continuation of last night's fun.

Finally, Eva asked Clancy, "Will you consider staying here while searching for a permanent home in the Charleston area? My townhouse has lots of room with the second en suite bedroom, den, study, dining room, two baths, and a basement gym. We are enjoying each other so much it seems silly for you to stay alone in a hotel.

"You have a car and can come and go as needed, although Eva also wanted a lot more fun time together as well. I love children even though I grew up as an only child, so Riley can come here with you and take over the joint," continued Eva.

"Are you certain, Eva?" asked Clancy.

"Yes, it would be so much fun, and you always could return to the hotel again if desiring more privacy," answered Eva.

"Okay, Roommate! I think checkout is 12 noon."

The scheduled time for meeting Riley and Mom-W was perfect for Clancy to check out of the hotel first, so Eva changed into a nice blouse and Bermuda shorts. Clancy would change into shorts at the hotel before checking out, and then Eva would follow her to Mom-W's home.

Eva had previously suggested it would be nice to spend some time getting to know Riley. Clancy added she would enjoy them all attending church together on Sunday morning. She excitedly added, "We can go to Mom-W's church, which will really please her!"

Eva smiled and said, "A sweet plan to me."

MEETING MOM-W, RILEY, AND MINA:

Riley jumped for joy seeing her mom at the door and then quickly glanced at Eva, asking, "Who is she, Mom?"

Clancy replied, "Sweetie, this is my new friend Eva. Eva, this is my little monster, Riley!"

"Mom, I am your big baby-girl Riley. Hi Miss Eva, and you are really pretty."

"Call me Eva, and aren't you just the lovely little girl?"

"Mom, meet Eva, my new friend from last night. She was transferred here two months ago as the President of Extravagance LLC (EXTV). She is also a bit new to the Charleston community. We had so much fun last night sipping red wine and talking."

Eva smiled and said, "Mom-W, it is so nice meeting you, and I want to say thanks for being such a great Mother-In-Law. Clancy wanted Riley to grow up near her grandmom and now has helped me meet a new friend! It is really great that I will now have a good friend here in Charleston and a special Mom-W."

"You are so delightful, Eva, and welcome to our home!" smiled Mom-W.

Amid their hellos and other greetings, a cute little girl shyly peeked out from behind the den's door. Mom-W had forgotten the little girl, Mina, from down the street was here playing with Riley. She felt the little one did not have much of a life, being reared mainly by her disabled grandma. It was rumored that Mina's birth-mother was heavily into alcohol and drugs while also running with a pretty rough crowd.

Smiling widely, Eva kneeled down on the floor, "I am Eva, so Mina, please come say hello to me and Riley's Mom-Clancy."

Mina fully entered the room and slowly walked toward Eva's outstretched arms. She looked deeply into Eva's eyes, and then with a sigh, Mina stepped in to wrap her little arms around Eva's neck and kissed her sweetly on the cheek.

Eva was absolutely floored emotionally, and it took all her strength to hold back the tears from Mina's soft kiss.

Riley was already in her mom's arms, so Eva stood holding Mina, and both moms walked over to the sofa and sat down. Mina was still looking deeply into Eva's eyes as she clung tightly to her with a smile of wonder on her face.

Riley excitedly said, "I think Mina likes you a lot Miss Eva because she looks really happy! She is sad and sometimes cries when she's here playing with me, and it makes me sad cause Mina is my first and best friend here in Charleston. We have played together every day since I have been at grandmoms."

Mina continued quietly looking up at Eva, her eyes seeming to brightly glisten. Pulling her in close, Eva gave Mina a big hug and kiss on her temple, as she held on tightly. After a few minutes of sitting in Eva's lap, Mina and Riley went back to playing in the den.

Mina was only in the den for a moment and then shyly peeked at Eva back in the living room. She darted over to Eva and wetly kissed her on the cheek, then happily took off skipping back to play with Riley in the den. Mina's open display of love and happiness left a completely bewildered Eva sitting on the couch.

Both Mom-W and Clancy had carefully observed Eva's immediate attention to Mina with blossoming smiles on their faces. They saw an emotional bond swiftly encompass Eva and Mina, which was affectionate and powerful.

Eva tearing up, "I feel so badly for Mina and am happy she has Riley as a friend!"

Mom-W further explained that Mina Ward was six years old with her mom, Janette Ward, being drunk or drugged up much of the time. Mina mainly lived with her slightly disabled grandma, Rosa Mae Ward, and seldom saw her mom. Rosa did not have much money, just receiving a small monthly social security allotment. For this reason, Mom-W had helped her out with food and toiletries in the three weeks that Mina and Riley had been friends.

It was rumored the State provided Rosa with some financial support for Mina, including Food Stamps. However, Janette took/stole the SNAP Debit Card and other State Debit Cards every month, selling them for drugs.

Mom-W and Riley were out walking around the community on Riley's first day at her home when they met up with Mina playing near the sidewalk. The two six-year-old girls smiled and cutely giggled at each other. Riley quickly became Mina's only real friend while Clancy was out west finalizing their move to Charleston and selling their old home.

Now lightly crying, Eva said, "I am so sad for Mina and hope she will grow up okay since this is not a good life for a six-year-old."

Clancy walked over and lightly hugged Eva, "Children are resilient, and I could see Mina's comfort with you in her eyes. Clancy had carefully watched Mina sitting on Eva's lap, gazing at the two of them from across the room. Please don't beat yourself up on a problem previously unknown to you!"

Eva, with tears now flowing wetly down her cheeks, said, "I understand, Clancy, but it really hurts me seeing little ones in pain!"

Clancy gently kissed her wet cheeks, saying, "I agree 100 percent, so let's ensure that our little girls are always loved by us as they grow up." At that specific moment in time, Clancy knew in her heart that Eva was going to become a vital part of Mina's future.

The weekend was joyous for Riley and Mina, who got on famously as best friends. Mina claimed Eva's lap whenever they were in the same room, either at Mom-W's or Church.

West Charleston Christian Church (WCCC) had recently hired a new and progressive young Pastor who was married but did not yet have children. He was just becoming familiar with many members of the mostly black congregation. Mom-W had been an active church member for many years, and Pastor James related really well to her.

When the service ended, Mom-W introduced Pastor James to Clancy and Eva. He had met Riley and Mina on two previous Sundays, and therefore he knew something about their backgrounds. Specifically, he knew Riley's dad, who was Mom-W's only child, had been killed on an Army Special Forces foreign deployment mission.