A Rigorous Job Interview - A Sequel

Story Info
The Saddletramp ending to Odiouser's story.
11.9k words
4.57
105.4k
121
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A Rigorous Job Interview -- A Sequel

The following is a sequel to Odiouser's "A Rigorous Job Interview," about a cheating wife who also happens to be a divorce attorney. If you haven't read that story yet, I suggest you do so.

The story has yet to be finished, and Odiouser stated that,"If any writer out there feels motivated to give it a finish you will have my blessing." So, I decided to take a stab at giving it an ending.

There is one major difference between this ending and the original. The college in this ending is Ohio State University, which is located in Columbus, not Ohio University (as in the original), which is actually located in Athens, Ohio.

Many thanks to those who offered comments and constructive criticism on my previous stories. For those who want to say this or that would never happen, remember this is my universe, a place where nearly anything can, and often does, happen. At least on paper...

Please refer to my profile for more on my personal policy regarding comments, feedback, follows, etc. (Yes, I DO moderate comments) And please remember, this is a work of fiction, not a docu-drama...

...

It had been two days since Ebeneezer Corliss -- Eben to his friends and family -- first confirmed that Sharon, his wife of ten years, was cheating on him, and in fact, may have been cheating on him for quite some time with God-only-knows how many men. He had originally thought that he would simply wait her out -- bide his time and keep quiet about her activities, hoping that he could somehow keep the marriage together.

But after wrestling with it for the last two days, he found that he couldn't just sit and do nothing while she screws herself silly. At first, he thought he could keep it together long enough for her to get it out of her system. And, he had thought, it might be better that she's screwing multiple men than just one, since she probably wouldn't fall in love with them and leave him. But now, after thinking about it, he wasn't so sure.

In fact, the idea that Sharon was making a cuckold of him with multiple men was eating him up inside -- to the point that he could barely talk to her in a civil tone of voice. He reluctantly walked down the hall and knocked on the door of James Kenton, his friend, mentor and immediate supervisor, and hoped he could find an answer.

"Come in, Eben," James said when he looked up. Eben stepped in the office and closed the door behind him.

"I hope I'm not coming at a bad time," he said quietly as he took a seat across from James.

"Not at all, Eben," James said. "In fact, I was looking to come see you. You've been out of sorts these last couple days and I was starting to get a bit worried. Is everything alright?"

"Not really, James," Eben said. "Frankly, I'm a bit... embarrassed... about this."

"Nothing to be embarrassed about, Eben," James said. "We're friends here. We've known each other a long time. What's going on?"

"I just learned that Sharon is cheating on me," Eben said, feeling his face turn red with shame. James nodded his head.

"I'm truly sorry to hear that, my friend," James said. "Hold that thought for just a second." He punched a button on his phone and spoke to his receptionist. "Jane, could you please bring in a couple cups of coffee and hold my calls for a little while, okay?"

"Yes sir, Mr. Kenton," Jane responded. A couple minutes later, the door opened and Jane walked in with two cups of coffee. She handed one to Eben and the other to James, then left the office. After she left, Eben told James what had happened recently and what he saw on his wife's phone.

"Damn," James said. "I never would've thought she'd do that to you, Eben. She always seemed so happy with you."

"I thought so, too," Eben said. "But it seems she's not. Apparently, she's happier with her fuck buddies than she is with me."

"What are you going to do?" James asked.

"That's just it," Eben said. "I don't really know. I can divorce her, of course, but she's a divorce lawyer and would probably tear me to pieces in court. I thought that maybe I could just put up with it and let her get it out of her system, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that I can't."

"As I see it, you only have two choices," James said. "Either divorce her and be done with it, or live with the humiliation and the risks that go along with it."

"Risks?" Eben asked.

"Yes. You don't know who her lovers have been screwing. God only knows what she might end up giving you if she's not careful. And she could easily end up pregnant. You want to chance raising someone else's child?"

"No, I don't," Eben said.

"Well, there ya go. I know divorce isn't easy, but you'll get through it. Have you talked to her about it yet?" James asked.

"Not yet," Eben said. "I've tried to bring it up in a roundabout way, but she always manages to deflect."

"Well, she is an attorney, so that doesn't surprise me," James said. He pulled a card out of his wallet and handed it to Eben. "That's the attorney who handled my divorce. I suggest you speak with her and see what she says. In fact, I think you should take a week or two off and get your head back in the game."

"Thanks, James, I appreciate that," Eben said.

...

Sharon, Justin and Edwin had just finished their regular lunch tryst in one of the rooms above the Metro Buffet. The two men had done a spectacular job of filling Sharon's pussy with multiple loads of semen and the three of them were catching their breath after their last orgasm.

"So, are you ready to start your new job?" Justin asked.

"Oh, hell yeah," she said. "I've had more orgasms these last few days than I've had the last five years married to Eben," she added with a giggle.

"How are things between you and your husband?" Edwin asked. "Have you been able to deflect him sufficiently?"

"I think so, but I am just a bit concerned," she said.

"Why?" Justin asked.

"He seems a bit off lately," she told him. "I'm starting to think he may suspect something's going on."

"You think he may file for divorce?" Edwin asked.

"Oh no, he's a pussycat," she said with a smile. "A clueless pussycat, but a pussycat nonetheless. He loves me too much to divorce me. Besides, I'm sure he knows I'd destroy him in a divorce."

"Have you told him about the retreat coming up?" Justin asked.

"Not yet," she said. "I'm not going on this one since I'll be on my period this weekend anyway. Junior and I already talked about it and he agreed it would be best if I didn't come on this first retreat."

"No problem, I understand," Edwin said.

"But there's always next month," she said.

...

Eben left James' office and called the number on the card James had given him. A female receptionist answered the phone.

"Law Office of Jenny Hawkins, how may I help you?"

"I'd like to set up an appointment to see Ms. Hawkins as soon as possible," Eben said.

"Well, she does have an opening later this afternoon, at 3:30. Would that work for you, sir?"

"Yes, that would work," Eben said. He gave the receptionist his information, then headed out. He stopped for a burger and a beer and had another thought. Perhaps he could entice Sharon to quit fucking around on him if something could be done about his low libido.

He was very well-endowed -- larger than a lot of other men -- but for some reason, he was never able to attain an erection or maintain one for very long. Until now, he had thought that nothing could be done about it and he didn't want to rely on drugs like Viagra for the rest of his life. He had been to a few doctors over the years, but it seemed they didn't have any real answers. He pulled out his phone and called his doctor's office to set up an appointment.

He made it to Jenny's office on time and was escorted inside. Jenny Hawkins was about his age, maybe a couple years younger, attractive and appeared very outgoing. Judging from the rings on her fingers, she was also very married. She motioned to a chair opposite her desk after the obligatory introductions.

"So, what can I do for you today, Mr. Corliss?" she asked.

"I'm looking to find out what my options are in a divorce," he said.

"You want a divorce?"

"I don't really want one, but I don't see any other option right now," Eben told her.

"I see," she said. "Corliss... I've heard that name before. Is there a lawyer in your family by any chance?"

"Yes, my wife," Eben said.

"Ah, I thought I heard that name before. What firm is she with?"

"She just accepted a position with Walton, Tanner and Fitzgerald, and she'll be starting there permanently in a few days," Eben told her.

"Your wife got accepted at WTF?" Jenny asked.

"Yeah, is that an issue?"

"Well, if she's been through all her interviews and has been offered a position at WTF, I can guarantee you that she's had sex with the three partners, perhaps more. And she'll be having a lot more sex outside the marriage in the future," Jenny said.

"You sound like you're speaking from experience," Eben said.

"Well, they recruited me right out of law school," she said. "And I worked there for just under five years. I left when I got engaged and started my own practice."

"So what happens over there?"

"I'm really not supposed to talk about it -- that's one of the rules," she said. "Let's just say there's a lot that goes on there after hours."

"Isn't that illegal or something?" Eben asked. "Isn't there a code of professional conduct or something that covers stuff like this?"

"It's not technically illegal, and I suppose an argument could be made that it pushes the envelope of professional conduct," she said. "But unless she's having sex with a client, she's technically not breaking the code. Has she said anything to you about the job yet?"

"Not much," Eben said.

"Probably sanitized it for you so you wouldn't get suspicious," she told him. "That's what they have their employees do, anyway. That's why I couldn't stay there after I got engaged. Has she mentioned anything to you about the monthly retreats?"

"No, nothing. What are those?"

"On the last weekend of every month, they take up to 40 employees to an isolated lodge northeast of Nelsonville for what amounts to a weekend of sex and booze. Of course spouses or significant others aren't invited. The entire weekend is spent naked, from the time they get on the bus to the time they're delivered home on Sunday," she said.

"Holy crap," Eben said. "No, she never said anything about that to me."

"I see this Friday starts the last weekend of this month."

"That's tomorrow," Eben said as he shook his head. "She hasn't said anything about any retreat."

"Chances are she would make up some other excuse -- an out-of-town seminar or something like that," Jenny said. "So, do you still want to pursue a divorce?"

"I don't see as how I have any other choice," Eben told her.

"Alright, so here's the basic lay of the land," she said. "In Ohio, you can file on the grounds of adultery. That might affect whatever support you could be ordered to pay. Are there any children?"

"No, none."

"That's a good thing. That means no child support and no issues involving custody or visitation. We do, however, need to have ironclad proof if you choose to file on the grounds of adultery. Text messages simply won't do. I have a PI on retainer and I can get him on the case if you want. It will be expensive. Is that a problem?"

"No, that's not a problem," he told her.

"There's one other thing you should know," she said. "I've gone up against your wife before, and believe me, she's tough. Even if she's not representing herself, I have no doubt that she'll be running the show. She'll do anything to slow the process down or try to wear you out in order to get you to drop the divorce. I wouldn't even be surprised if she falsely accuses you of abuse."

"You've seen her do that?"

"I have," she said. "So you need to be prepared for the absolute worst." She pulled out a sheet of paper and handed it to Eben. He looked and saw that it was a checklist of things he needed to do to protect himself financially. It also had a list of things she needed from him.

"I need you to get those things done as soon as possible. I'll get my PI on the case and start the paperwork. I won't file anything until we have clear proof. Don't do anything to tip your hand, and for heaven's sake, don't do anything stupid. Don't even think about confronting any of the people she's messing around with. Got it?"

"I got it," Eben said. She handed him a business card.

"This is the PI I'll be using. I'll call him, but I'd like you to go by his office anyway. He'll be needing some things from you," she said.

"Alright," Eben said, taking the card.

"Okay," she said. "I'll be in touch. Remember, play it cool." They said their goodbyes and Eben left the office, stopping only to see the receptionist, where he left a hefty retainer. From there, he drove to the address on the card Jenny gave him.

He went in and was ushered into the office of Jack Sparling, Private Investigator. Jack looked like a no-nonsense kind of man, large, well-built and well-dressed. He listened as Eben told his story.

"Yes, I spoke with Jenny earlier," he said. "I'd like to get surveillance set up in your house -- audio, video, the works. And I'll need a picture of your wife if you have one handy." Eben pulled out his phone and emailed a picture to Jack. They made arrangements so Jack could get into Eben's house at a time when Sharon wouldn't be there.

"I'll be seeing a doctor tomorrow morning, so that might be a good time to get everything in place," Eben said, handing Jack a spare house key. He also gave him the code for his security system. He hoped he was doing the right thing. They wrapped up their meeting and Eben left after paying another hefty retainer.

That night after dinner, Eben looked at Sharon. She looked back, wondering what was going through his mind. He had been extraordinarily uncommunicative lately, saying almost nothing to her.

"You have any plans this weekend?" he asked.

"No," she responded, shaking her head. "Why?"

"I was thinking maybe we could spend the weekend out. Maybe grab a room at a bed and breakfast and just spend the days laying naked in bed together. What do you think?"

"I'd love to, but my period is starting and you know how I get when the cramps hit," she said. So, Eben thought, THAT'S the real reason she wasn't going on the "retreat." She looked at him closer, and saw the turmoil in his eyes.

"What's going on, Eben?" she asked, concerned. "You haven't been yourself at all these last few days. Is something bothering you?"

"I've just got a lot on my mind," he said quietly, reminding himself to play it cool. "I'm going to see the doctor first thing in the morning."

"Oh?" she asked. "Is something wrong?"

"Yes, and you know what it is," he told her.

"But you've already seen doctors about that," she said. "You've tried all the pills they gave you, but nothing worked. You could've had surgery, but you chose not to."

"Yeah, that's because I didn't want to have to pump up my dick to have sex with you," he said. "It's been what, five years or so since I've spoken to a doctor about it. Maybe they've come up with something new since then. Besides, I'd like to know what it's like to have a normal sex life with my wife sometime before I get too old."

"Oh, honey, you don't have to go through all that on my account," she said, putting a hand on his.

"Tell me, Sharon, have you honestly been satisfied with our sex life?"

"Well, it's been a challenge, I'll admit, but you always make me feel good. Besides, you know that I love you, right?" He looked at her carefully before responding.

"Just once, I'd like to be able to rock your world," he said, almost adding, "like all the others you've been fucking." But he held that to himself.

"Oh, you do rock my world," she lied. He shook his head.

"I'm not stupid, Sharon," he said. "I know better than that. Tell me, have you slept with another man since we've been together?"

"Oh honey, how could you possibly think such a thing? I've never slept with another man. Ever," she said. That was technically true, she thought to herself. She's fucked a bunch of men, but never once had she "slept" with them.

"I hope not, Sharon," he said. "Because it would simply kill me if you have."

"Well you have nothing to worry about, dear," she said. "I have never slept with another man, and I never intend to. So you can just get that out of your head right now." Of course, she thought, I'll be fucking and sucking as many cocks as I can get my hands on, but that's not exactly "sleeping," is it? But she was concerned that he would bring this up now, after so many years.

"Why all the concern about this now, Eben?" she asked. "I mean, it's been ten years."

"I just want to have a normal sex life with the woman I love, that's all," he told her. "I want to know that I can satisfy her enough so she won't ever feel the need to look outside the marriage. You can understand that, right? I'm sure you've dealt with a number of people who've had to suffer with a cheating spouse. Surely you know what that can do to a person."

"Yes, I do," she said quietly. Damn, she thought to herself. He's trying to put a guilt trip on me. What does he really know, she wondered. "And I promise you, you have nothing to worry about. Would you like me to go to the doctor with you tomorrow?"

"No, thanks, Sharon," he said. "I appreciate the concern, but I think this is something I need to do on my own."

"At least tell me what the doctor says, okay?" she asked.

"Yeah, I will," he said.

...

The next morning, Eben got up early as normal and checked Sharon's phone for new messages. He saw a short exchange between her and Justin that took place earlier that morning. Apparently, she had gotten up and contacted her lover while he was still asleep.

Justin: Getting ready to head out for the retreat. Gonna miss ya.

Sharon: I bet u say that 2 all the girls.

Justin: No, seriously, lover. I'm gonna miss ya! (sad face emoji)

Sharon: You'll get over it. I'll see ya next week. Have fun (wink wink, heart emoji)

Justin: Count on it. How's the hubby? Any better?

Sharon: Not really. I think he knows more than he's letting on. He's going to dr abt his limp dick today.

Justin: Think he'll cause trouble?

Sharon: Nah, he's just a big teddy bear.

Justin: Hope so. BTW, Edwin showed me the video he made of us. WOW! U R Hot!

Sharon: You'll have to show me sometime. Don't text it.

Justin: Got it, lover. Well, gotta go. Luv U!

Sharon: Love u 2, sweetie!

The messages ended there, and Eben felt as though he had been punched in the stomach. He wondered if there was a way he could save these messages to his personal computer and did a quick search. He found an app and installed it on her phone.

Following the prompts, he was able to save and copy everything between Sharon and Justin to a pdf file. From there, he copied it to his laptop using Bluetooth. Then he removed the app from her phone and put it back on the charger. He looked in on her and saw she was starting to stir. She called to him as he turned to leave the room.

"You heading out already?" she asked.

"Yeah," he said. "Doc is expecting me first thing."

"Don't I get a kiss?" she asked. He seriously considered smacking her across the face, but discarded that idea.

"I guess," he said in a noncommittal tone of voice. He walked over, gave her a peck on the cheek, then headed out, leaving her to wonder what the hell just happened.

...

He got to Dr. Jameson's office a few minutes early and checked in. The check-in nurse took his vitals and saw the order to draw blood. She pulled out her tray of equipment and verified that he had fasted for the last 12 hours, then took two vials of blood from his arm.