A Scandal of a Magical Sort Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mels took a deep breadth. It only made a little bit of sense to him, but considering the effect of the daisy petals from before, the idea that someone close to her can can change the nature of their Corruption seemed founded. But it was still theory.

"Well, if that's the case," Mels began. "Then Aylala, you should do this. You've known her longer and are way better at this whole thing than I am."

"That would make the most sense, wouldn't it?" Aylala responded. Mels recognized it as a non-answer. "Though, in this situation, I think it would be best if you were to perform the Reconcilation."

"What? Why? I mean, I know her, but I don't think I 'know her' know her. I mean not like you, like-"

"Mels," Mizoleta said, placing a finger on his lips. With the kind look in her eyes, he understood why she was nicknamed "mama." Aside from the scores of her children. And child-bearing hips. "You misunderstand the requirements. Aylala is recommending you because - and I'm sure she can testify similarly - Christi just doesn't shut up about you."

For some reason, Mels suddenly felt his belly fill with butterflies, even worse than minutes before with the outburst of Corruption.

"Wh-what do you mean?"

Aylala sighed. "Mels, anyone can tell: You LIKE her. And, while under normal circumstances I wouldn't reveal this, she has confessed to me that she likes you."

"But, I-I-" Mels stammered, his pointed ears flicking in embarrassment. He felt as though all the kobolds in the room were staring at him. "I-I mean, yeah, but..." And then with a defeated sigh, he confessed. "Yeah, you're right. I do like her. A lot."

Aylala smiled, and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Which is why you are the one to do this Reconciliation. You both seem to be holding in your desires for one another, and the Corruption seems to be taking advantage of that. And that is my fault, of course. It was never meant to be like this. But we have no choice now." She looked deep into his eyes. "I would not be suggesting this unless I was absolutely sure it would result in her safety."

Mels let the moment wash over him as looked at her, then back down to Christi. Suddenly the several pairs of eyes he felt before seem to fade away as his mind filled with memories of his friendship with her. Her mentorship, her intelligence, her sass, her hurmor, her teasing, her... sexuality. He loved all of it. And what Aylala was saying, he thought back to the stange magic he felt before, in the prince's chambers, in the Lonely Nest, when casting the rift. If Corruption is taking advantage of Christi's true feelings, then that magic I felt before. I wonder if its taking advantage of MY true feelings.

He gave a long, deep breadth, still looking down at the sleeping Christi. "Yeah. I think you're right."

Mizoleta clapped her hands as he dotted that period, bringing him out of his thoughts. "Splendid. Then there's no time to waste." With that, she turned around, once again presenting her ass to Mels, and produced an inwell from the chest. "To do this, you will need to enter her mind."

Mels was confused again. "You mean, literally?"

"Yes," she said. She set the inkwell down, and Aylala worked her magic to weave it into the air. "This ink is made from a special herb that, when smoked normally, puts the user in a sort of psychedelic trance, as they become fully aware of thier consciousness. A few scriptomancers have used this special property to develop a spell that will allow someone to enter someones mindscape."

As she continued with her explanation, Aylala used her magic to draw a simple symbol on Christi's forehead: squares and diamonds fit inside a small circle, convergin into a simple eye.

"This is the most direct way to perform Reconciliation," Aylala continued. "You will need to enter her mindscape and find both personalities. At the state she's been put in from our holy magic and herbs, they both should be fully formed inside her subconscious. You'll have to find them both and unite them into one."

"Ok," Mels said. "How the fuck do I do that?"

"Easy. Simply remind them what they both have in common: you."

Mels, turning firstly to Aylala and then to Mizoleta. They expressions were completely sincere, and suddenly the weight of everyone's eyes returned. Just like with the prince, this was all moving too fast. He'd never thought that when sent that crow, he would end up here.

I least I have no excuse now.

With a deep breadth, he declared: "Ok, I'm ready."

Aylala nodded. "Good. Then place your hands on her temples." Mels obeyed. "I will cast the spell and you will feel yourself being sucked deep into Christi's subconcious. I will hold the spell out here while you venture across her mindscape. What will feel like hours in her mind will only be seconds out here. And finally, I'm afraid you won't just find her personalities, but also the origin of her Corruption. It will hunt you down, and if you let it, will affect you even worse than it would have affected Christi. Are you truly ready?"

The new information hardly swayed the Stud of Kelna as he nodded.

"I believe in you Mels," she said softly. "Good luck."

With that, she stood up, positioned herself behind Mels, and began the spell. He saw the shapes of the symbol glow and began to rotate. And with a sudden burst of energy, he felt Aylala's fingers on his own temples. It felt like all the air was sucked out of his lungs and his organs fell straight into the ground. His vision blurred like he was falling asleep, which was strangely appropriate as he felt like was falling through the air, wind rushing in his ears. He could hardly perceive what was around him - it seemed like nothing but a whirlwind of light and dark - but Mama Mizoleta's chambers were long gone as he sunk deeper and deeper into Christi's mind.

12