All Comments on 'A Slave to the Servants Ch. 30'

by DoctorWolf

Sort by:
  • 102 Comments
MidnightBRoseMidnightBRoseabout 12 years ago
Interesting...

I never thought this is how they would escape. I wonder though, what will Nuhree say to all of this!!!???

SuperCerealSuperCerealabout 12 years ago
Wow

These guys make Nureeh seem like a nice person. Don't they see they are enslaving the girls as much as anyone ever did? (just not for sex...so far). Why can't they even look at their men and why do these macho jerks not listen to what they say? A free person does what they like, right? Again, Wow! Super intense. 5 stars as always DW. Yours stories are always a pleasure.

MygypsyMygypsyabout 12 years ago
Mind Boggling

After reading this chapter I feel like I am in some kind of mind numbing shock like Rose and Fuji must be

katgoddess1katgoddess1about 12 years ago
Unbelievable!

This 'freedom' is just another type of slavery! These men act like jerks, they are so certain that they know everything. I wonder how much Hannah knows about their situation and how she would respond.

123udontknowme123udontknowmeabout 12 years ago
wow....

I never expected their freedom to be this way. O.O I prefer them with Nureeh. Rachel/Ciara has to be with her men.

Curiously_LookingCuriously_Lookingabout 12 years ago
I agree with SuperCereal

Firstly, Ciara or Rachel, she really needs to decide for herself what she wants to be called. It's of a piece with everything else that I thought about this chapter. I kept waiting for her to call these new men on all their imperious behavior. All they say over and over again is that she's free, but then she can't make any choices for herself. It's like she's free, but she's a child. I can understand them not completely accepting at face value what she says, because just look at Rose. She is still completely in her slave role. The training that the women are given is effective. But that doesn't mean that she should just be dismissed. They should judge based on how they all interact and not on preconceived notions of men who keep slaves. That was bugging me the entire time. Just like how they took Stayne's family even though they didn't want to go. It's not like Stayne didn't know what he was turning down. His family made an informed decision and they just disregarded it. While they are working on changing the attitudes of those they free, I think they need to be working on their own as well. Is this an indication, that men who keep slaves are never freed? I don't know what I think about that. And then there was that one comment where the man said that he had always been free. That means this resistance has been going on for quite awhile now and is now starting to move faster.

I know that Damien and co. can not be happy with the current state of events. I'm sure they are just biding their time until they make their move. Because they are not going to be content with just letting Ciara be separated from them. They love her so much that their bond broke when they thought they couldn't be with her anymore so you can be sure that they won't tolerate a separation at this point in the story.

All in all, I thought it was too short (not that it was actually short), because I was seriously into the progressing turn of events. I anxiously await the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wow!

First off I have to say I thought it was a bad idea from the start that they seperated, Damian was right. Secondly, I hate those 'free' guys, they suck. They aren't treating Ciara like she's free. The Third issue I have is that these men were told what to do from Hannah. It makes me wonder just a little if she had a hand in seperating the girls from their families. She still might hold that old mentality back when she was younger. I hope it isn't the case, I'm hoping Hannah and Kennedy will rip these guys a new one when they hear about how their family was treated.

Please update soon and I hope the families will be back together in the next chapter!!!! As always, I love this story and I can't wait for more!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I keep forgetting that Ciara sometimes is a complete idiot.

I was unable to read this chapter completely. It was entirely too upsetting. These men have no concept of free will. They are worse than "slavers" to not allow the "free" women to choose their place. I keep forgetting that Ciara/Rachel is sometimes an idiot. I don't know if I can continue to read this story. If it takes more than one installment to resolve the conflict I won't be able to. I don't mind crying over tender or sad stories, but angry tears I refuse to purposely expose myself to, and the parts I read had me shaking in anger. A few paragraphs into this chapter and I knew she'd done it again. Emotionally blackmailed her family into disaster once again.

shybutlikesitshybutlikesitabout 12 years ago
you're amazing!

First of all, thank you for continuing to write after your pregnancy. Thank You!

You are an amazing writer and should be published, so thank you for submitting your writings at literotica. You are an amazing writer and I look forward to ever newly published story that you post.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
everytime i see a new chapter is posted i have a little celebration in my head

great chapter. want more. ending leaves me wanting more its like heroin for the mind. oh and hope your doing ok DW :)

-Preston

eskimokisses84eskimokisses84about 12 years ago
Hmm...

I gotta say, I'm not sure what to think about this chapter. I love you as an author, yet this chapter kind of makes me a bit peeved that things are not progressing, but kind of are? The stories are so fun to read, but they are all kind of starting to run together. Almost regressing after every few chapters. I gave this chapter 4 stars because you are such a great writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
lol great

The dream of freedom and the reality meet and WHAM back on their ass. I cant wait to read what happens next. Will she get back with her men, will her daughters get back with them? What next?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wow Wow Wow! BW!

you have really amped up the action. the slow river has become the roaring rapids! you sure do know how to pack variety into your plot. i have to say the results are a bit surprising since hannah and kennedy are rachel's children. but i do understand your your twist, tho i glanced at some comments who didn't appreciate your nuances and thought. i love you more! bravo BW and thank you :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
i want to comment again! BW

hehe, i just read the 12 comments so far. so more reflections on this chapter. it is a drastic whole new phase as it was alluded to all along. BW you place so much tragedy and tribulation on ciara/rachel, poor thing ;). i started reading this story because of the great writing and the originality. first it was a warrior world but actually female dominated, yet one female slave has 5 men. then ciara becomes family, has paterian children and is now "free" but also in a dangerous world. well men are men perhaps? but the women are still far stronger so i assume ciara will have her cake once again. clever gender role mixing. brilliant writing, GZ BW, TYVM :)

BubblingBubblingabout 12 years ago
Aw lurd...

I am waiting for her to school these men on being free. If I want to be called Ciara then I'm Ciara. Hanna needs to tell them what's up. I can look at what want when I want. Give it to them, Ciara! Get your men back. Keep writing...I'm reading.

BubblingBubblingabout 12 years ago
When is the next one?

When is the next one? I have to get myself ready.

melintnmelintnabout 12 years ago
Set the free men straight

Someone needs to inform the new guys of the definition of freedom. I would be willing to go back to the compound just to get my men back. Hopefully Hannah and Kennedy can get them moved to a group that are more family friendly. Looking forward to your next installment!

TamardiaTamardiaabout 12 years ago

I have to say that these men are almost more slavers than Nu-Reeh and her sisters. Forcing a person to be free is just as much slavery as anything else.

I'm usually a silent lurker, and I will continue to be so from now on. However this story is really great, keep up the good work!

pleasureseeker5pleasureseeker5about 12 years ago
The path to freedom is never smooth.

This chapter made me think of the Russian revolution when the peasants overthrew the czar. The peasants were led by the newly created communist party. Once they were in charge, all hell broke loose. Their intentions were honorable but they made a terrible mess of it, just like the free men are doing in this story. It's aggravating--but believable. I look forward to the next chapter, wherever you lead us, DW. (By the way, thanks for the really hot sexual interlude in the beginning of the chapter:))

willieonewillieoneabout 12 years ago
Love it.

I also had an instant dislike for these men, Gunth in particular! I do know that I will be sitting on the edge of my chair chewing my nails waiting for the next chapters to post and I KNOW (wink) the wait will be worth it.

Thanks DW now how about posting the next chapter yesterday. LOL

huntersangelhuntersangelabout 12 years ago
what the heck is this type of freedom?????

ok, my question is....why the heck hasn't ciara asked for hannah or kennedy? i think one of them would be able to clear this up. i do not understand this form of freedom, you can do what you want and go where you want BUT you can't talk to your men. i'm wondering if this has to do with something like the stockholm syndrome and brain washing. they think the girls are brain washed and are unbrain washing them by taking them away from their men untill they feel that they can function without them.

i think they made their pov pretty clear about why stayne's family were taken, they would be questioned and tortured for answers, but how did they know about them in the first place?

oh dw and steve, i know you've mentioned a happy ending for them but you are certainly taking us for the ride around the block just to get across the street route. i can't wait to see what happens next! when?

bejeweledcatbejeweledcatabout 12 years ago
Hmmmm...

sounds like a serious case of be careful what you wish for. Kudos DoctorWolf, you know just how to keep us off balance and intrigued. Can't wait to see what's next!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
WOW!!!

This chapter totally surprised me! I can't wait to see where you take us next. Felt as angry at the 'rescuers' as Rachel but on the other hand can see their point that the girls need to be able to fend for themselves (and can see that they just have no concept of how it is with Rachel's family). Point taken that Rachel never had any other option than to stay with her 'family' though. Guess she really is getting pushed to be totally responsable for her own choices now. Can't see why the free men aren't a little more sympathetic to the men, they did the best they could in the situation, what where they supposed to do when they realised slavery was wrong, sell Rachel on so they would no longer have a slave? So great you really make us think about things! Holding you to that happy ending though!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Another great chapter :)

I wonder though, why Rachel/Ciara wouldn't point out to Gunther that if she does not have the freedom to call herself what she chooses, the freedom to associate with whom she chooses, then she is just as enslaved as she was at the compound.

sweeter_sensationssweeter_sensationsabout 12 years ago
awesome

Amazing as always, I wasn't prepared for this eventuation and I love that! Feels like another book!

NicoleAmyNicoleAmyabout 12 years ago
Wow!

Did not expect 'Freedom' to come so soon. Feeling really sad that she isnt allowed to be with her family, and how must her men feel? That chapter flew by and my only complaint is that its not long enough! Just getting good and now i have to wait for another one - I so have NO patience! Fabulous writing as always :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Thanks for your faithfulness to give us new chapters! Please keep going...

I commend your faithfulness to write regularly...but it is still sooo hard to wait for the next chapter. I love your writing, and your story. Freedom is not something you can force on someone. It is must be taken and protected. They have such a great opportunity to be free in their new society, but the responsibilities of such freedom and the constraints of society can easily bring their own bondage. You have a real talent for making the fantastic seem realistic. Your story allows the ready to take a fresh look at the meaning of freedom and slavery and family. Thanks so much!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
freedom?

i don't know if this was intentional on your part but i have a couple of problems with this chapter.

If she is free, why can't she do what she liked, see who she likes, be called what she likes? are you intentionally questioning their idea of so called "freedom"

IF YES: then i think it's brilliant, but why doesn't Ciara notice this? i mean it makes her a little thick

IF NO: then Ciara is still a bit stupid for just letting these strangers masquerade under the front of "freedom" and "equality" when they are probably more judgmental and hypocritical than the men where in the compound, which again leads me to question if this piece has an underlying political motif.

i was a little disappointed with this chapter but i love most of your work, including your other series, bound to mates. i just think this chapter didn't really add much to the story other than yipdeedoodah they got captured.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Don't get it!

I agree with the others Ciera is back to being stupid. Why isn't she questioning her new captives?

GimletEdgeGimletEdgeabout 12 years ago
Great chapter with smashing twists!

I'm surprised that so many readers are up in arms about the conflict between the "free men" and "slavers." Conflict what makes stories exciting. It makes sense that the two groups of men would see things very differently. That's how revolutions happen.

None of us who've been enjoying "Slave to the Servants" are anxious to see the tale come to an end. If everything went swimmingly with the rescue, the story would be less exciting and winding down. Now we have a brand new set of hurdles to be overcome.

I love the addition of Fuji's uniqueness to the story, with her fierce tail and deadly warnings. It's the kind of thing that has set "Slave to the Servants" apart.

I'm hoping that Hannah and Kennedy will be able to mediate between the free men and the slavers, so that Ruth/Rose, Rachel/Ciara and Fuji will be able to live in the family groups of their choosing.

As always, I can't wait to see what's next.

bearmad1963bearmad1963about 12 years ago
Please please

Please don't split Rachel up from here family. It doesn't seem right for her to have her freedom and not the brothers as well that have treated her as family. Hannah and Kennedy would want their family kept together.

Rachel should be with her family and be free together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Interesting Twist

Rachel now has her freedom but she is not given the freedom to choose who she wants to be with. Nice touch of irony and who knew that Fuji was a dangerous as she has turned out to be? I really really enjoy this story.

MetalMommaKy78MetalMommaKy78about 12 years ago

I would hope that Ciara/Rachel would get to stay with her family.

hakdrakkenhakdrakkenabout 12 years ago
Exploration

Our good Doctor has explored every other aspect of this story and all of its implications, so why would anyone be surprised that she has now introduced:

* those who truly want or need their slavery

* Stockholm Syndrome

* how the truly free would react to Rachel's/Ciara's attitudes

?

Try to imagine that this is all happening on Earth and they're all human. The men are from some country where slavery is accepted. They've honestly tried to rise above their culture and everything they've been taught, while still being steeped in it and still being slaves (or servants, as the title I plies) themselves.

Now imagine that they are forcefully taken to a free country, like the US or France.

Would the military-like folks who "rescued" them let the enslaved women stay with their masters because they claim to love them or be loved by them? No, not a chance, except perhaps in some extreme emergency and even then it would be temporary.

I dare say such things have actually happened.

This story is realistic almost to a fault, except for the obviously other-worldly aspects to it. It really is the most supremely intellectual exploration of the subject of slavery I've ever read.

It seems like our doctor knows an awful lot about this subject. I can't wait for the big reveal at the end, where she tells us that this is her autobiography: “I made up the parts about being a slave, but the rest is all true!” ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Amazing!

I can't wait to see Rachel's exploration of her new found freedom and the reunion of her entire family.

*****

nadali

popparazzipopparazziabout 12 years ago
LOVED IT

WOOOOW!! I love the new twist in this story. It makes us think and keeps us on our toes.I think this is just a pit stop on the way to true freedom,so to speak.As stated in previous chapters, all were free. The men were free to choose who they mated with, and everyone was living free and learning from each other.I just know we will see what has been stated before, I have faith in you Dw this story will come together. When Hannah and Kennedy shows up it will be a different story.

WELL DONE

celesteycelesteyabout 12 years ago
More please!!!!!!

I fell in live with this story for the first chapter. It was well worth the wait and will happily wait for more. Love it!!!!!!💗😃💗

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
take your time

I am also addicted to this story. But please take your time to finish. These last episodes the storylines have evolved very quickly. I prefer to wait longer for the next episode if this means you can maintain the high quality!

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 12 years ago
The free men

are treating the girls more like slaves than their real men do. They say they are free to make their own choices but when they choose, they are told that they are indoctrinated and must be retrained. They are forcing their beliefs on to the women too, rather than educating them. Ciara/Rachel, should be able to choose whichever name she likes and sleep wherever she likes and believe in the great harmonious spirit only if she wants to and look at the men she loves if she damn well chooses. Whether the men agree with the girls' choices or not, is irrelevant. I guess the free men don't really understand what freedom is either.

It's a jarring change from before but a big step towards them actually being free. A very unsettling chapter. I hope you can put the next one through soon. Leaving it like this feels wrong.

I did enjoy this chapter, I just want to tear my hair out and yell at someone now. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Whoohoo

Great Chapter! the sex at the beginning was so HOT!!!!!

I like the way this chapter is turning, it may not be fair or kind to Damien and his bros. for Ciara to be separated like she is, but in a way I can see the necessity for it. If she is just kept with her men, then she will always stay with her men. They have created a circle of familarity, comfort, and protection that Ciara/Rachael would not want to abandon. C/R will not grow with the change nor will the men, they are just trading one compound for another. Here, the freemen are forcing C/R to truely be able to make her own decisions, to force her to stand on her own two feet. It may be hypocritical the way they do it, but it's probably the only way they know how.

Of course when Hannah or Kennedy show up (depending on whether or not they knew about what would happen), the two girls will either let the men know Damien and his bros are okay or C/R will admonish the girls for keeping her away from her loves.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
"Free" men

I don't expect men who were born slaves to understand what freedom is, and I don't expect those men born free to get everything right the first time. Change and rights will come slowly over time, and eventually enough time will pass to make the new definition of freedom more like our own. This was a wonderful chapter, showing the changes and the problems that still persist. Bravo.

GrumpyGambyGrumpyGambyabout 12 years ago
Closing argument from Inherit the Wind

Where Spencer Tracy so eloquently describes the price of freedom and the burden of responsibility reminding us that we can't have it both ways.

"Progress has never been a bargain. You have to pay for it. Sometimes I think there's a man who sits behind a counter and says, 'All right, you can have a telephone but you lose privacy and the charm of distance. Madam, you may vote but at a price. You lose the right to retreat behind the powder puff or your petticoat. Henry Drummond: Mister, you may conquer the air but the birds will lose their wonder and the clouds will smell of gasoline."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
love it BW! *happy dance w each new chapter :)

very exciting, high drama chapter. the characters get rescued and move into a new phase. from the compound to the mountains and now to the free patera. of course the social customs are much different, and a much more wild dangerous area of the planet. im sure ciara's standing and her children will all be together soon after a little adjustment. but you sure do take us for a ride, you bad wolf ;). wonderful writing, moving fast and i guess its only some moons till the end. i wish you wrote twice as much, just cuz your story, characters are so so involving. masterful, please publish! tyvm BW, sincerely

lilwolfspiritlilwolfspiritabout 12 years ago
awesome

I am happy about the new chapter, naturally... But I think Ciara and her family will find it not what they expected...From what ive seen in this chapter, the women are the free'd. I am not sure how Ciara

is going to feel about gaining her freedom only to lose her men! Maybe that is why Hannah never really been specific on what happens when they were free'd..

Excellent. Chapter of course. But will say I was disturbed on the single focus of the Free Men. I would have thought that they would educate the other men they have free'd.

Anyway I said my fill, keep up the excellent work.

Donna

DoktorNaukDoktorNaukabout 12 years ago
Absolutely amazing

I think her time away from the family will be painful but necessary, this is a perfect way for her to prove herself to be self-sufficient to Damien and co. It will also be a great learning experience for the already free men to see that slave owners can change with persistence.

NchantaNchantaabout 12 years ago
No Fair!

It's simply not fair to end the chapter there! Ms Wolf, you are one twisted individual :P

Tifani40dTifani40dabout 12 years ago
Loved it but....

I can't help but think they have traded one set of owners for another.....where they can look, when to sleep, forced to use their original names, their own opinions don't matter.....glad they are free, but hope they truly are free.

Great writing as usual!!! Can't wait for the next chapter!

flowergurl17flowergurl17about 12 years ago
Love it

I love it. But it's seems not everyone is free. I can't wait for new chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
DW: you are racking up the controversial chapters.

Way to go! This is what raises your writing above most of the other fantastic authors on this site, you have your characters face physical and emotional situations head-on. These situations in turn make us readers think and feel, strongly. In 30 chapters you have brought us abduction, sexual female slavery, male slavery, 6 person group sex (consensual and not), varied definitions of honorable males/warriors/families, Stockholm syndrome, corporal punishment as a training tool, forced pregnancies, men learning to love their children, a mother's struggle to let her children go without losing her mind, a slave finding the strength to be her own woman, five brothers finding the strength to love the woman, revolution etc.... In every chapter these situations have made me think, and be amazed, and get angry, and cry at a heartbreaking separation, and cry at a tender moment of a father with his child, and laugh, and think what-the-hell. Thanks!

Yves

SurprisingMyselfSurprisingMyselfabout 12 years ago
Brilliant as usual!

The conflict is what keeps this story going and DW your ability to continue stirring the pot and dare us to ask ourselves the trickier questions is mind boggling.

The new men are definitely operating on the principle that anyone kept as a slave will never allow themselves freedom unless it is forced upon them. However, they are egomaniacs at times, as if they are the experts on who is and isn't, was and wasn't a slave. Damien and his brothers were also enslaved. They were taught to buy a slave for their sexual needs by the women. They have had very little say in their own lives and these new masters are refusing to understand the true dynamics. It doesn't surprise me that they took Fuji and her family for safety reasons. To leave one family there would be very dangerous but they should have found out who wanted to go ahead of time and could have tried to lessen the danger.

Ciara is going along with the new men because she is afraid if she makes too much of a stink they will leave her family there. If she obsesses they will feel the need to separate her from them forever. She also seems to be biding her time and planning how to get her family free. I know things will turn out okay but after all this time I care about what happens to the characters and it's hard seeing the men bound as they are.

I like the ending of the last chapter! I'm excited as to what this new home looks like, as Ciara certainly seems impressed - one way or the other. Thanks DW.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Thoughts on slavery

Seems to me that the women are still slaves, they are just being told what to do by different people............ Yes I know its stockholm syndrome, but still....

Maria_JayMaria_Jayabout 12 years ago
Freedom is a learning process for everyone.

Thanks for continuing the story. I can't wait for the next one?? I believe the guys trying to teach Rachel about freedom still need a lot to learn themselves. Rachel finally has a chance to find what she really wants and who she wants it with. It's true that the brothers treated her like family and I love the brothers, but freedom is the ability to choose who to be with and what to do with ones own person. I would love to see what happens next. Even if she goes back with the brothers.

Viper27503Viper27503about 12 years ago

Awesome! Really cant wait for the next installment. Thanks for the awesome story :)

LadySilverBellsLadySilverBellsabout 12 years ago
She's free!!!!

So maybe freedom isn't all it's cracked up to be, but how much of us had that sticker shock when we finally set out on our own?

As harsh as it is, I agree with some of the previous comments, Ciara needs to be separated from her men. She needs to stand on her own two feet and really think about what she wants and who she wants it with, that is the only way for her to truly understand the love she has for her men.

This is a wonderful chapter, one of my favorites. Looking forward to Chapter 31!

Jack2303Jack2303about 12 years ago
OMG!!!

Well you did an amazing job, as usual. I'm so invested in Rose's "family" that I can't help but be angry at the others for being so ugly. It's interesting, as always, how much the two opposing sides have in common. It isn't as if Rachel/Rose wasn't exhibiting signs of being free. It's just that she's been spoiled, and that is alright in my book...Tolerance is always taken for granted.

Love, love, love this series and really hate to have it end any time soon (hint, hint...lol)

momz2manymomz2manyabout 12 years ago
Amazing yet I'm sad

Ok, so I now realize I might have been worried about totally unnessesary things. Sheesh. It's a great story but, damn, poor Fiji. I know that these guys have to deal with a lot of "reeducation", but what part of they do not know ANYTHING about her species is not clear? Grrrrrrrrr I am thinking they are going to have to fight for their men And I kinda thought that and chosing to leave Earth behind is what would shift Ciara's intentions and goals but poooooooooor Fiji. Oh please don't let her lose her beautiful hair. I ALWAYS spell Rachel wrong. I'm pouting. 5 stars. Of course. Did I plea for poor Fiji enough, DW? P.p.p.pwwwweeeeaseeeeeee as my 7yr old used to say several years ago, and it mostly always worked for her. I SO fear casulities in this story cause these beings are all so personal to me. Obsessive I know .........but it IS your fault DW that the story is so good. Ok that's it.....I'll start on the "Save Fiji" posters. Hmmmmmmm Do you think a "Save Fiji" rally is going to far? What aboout the WWF? Do alians that dont really exist count as "wildlife?" Just checking.

momz2manymomz2manyabout 12 years ago
hmmmmm I wonder......

Do you, Steve, through your hands up in submission at this fierce band of followers and think "thank God I'm just the editor of this monster" or do you get defencive of the plot and themes that for the record, in my very humble opinion, have all ended up playing important rolls in the story? I've seen you answer people with questions; but I imagine you as addiced as I am. Well, addicted anyway. Just checking. I think I love reading everyones opinion as much a I love the story. Great stuff!

loranaloranaabout 12 years ago
Next Chapter Please!!

I'm interested to see where this is heading. Now that they're finally out of the compound the drama of being free is gone. But with that gone we discover new problems like the treatment they receive by the "free men" and we can probably safely assume that Nurreh is going to find out about them at some point and some form of battle will ensue.

But still, now that they're finally free I can see the end in sight and that makes me a little sad.

Curious when the next chapter will be out. Usually you give an estimate date at the end of the chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Didn't like

This is only the second chapter I haven't given 5 stars to. First was when they beat Ciara which I thought was completely out of character. Now this. Why is no one pointing out that, if they are truly free, why can't they make decisions for themselves? I find it very hard to believe that Hannah and Kennedy would condone this kind of treatment for their mother and fathers. This just isn't right and doesn't fit with the rest of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
lovely as always

this installment is so different from the others as the story has really taken on a new dimension.

DW is surely a very clever and original lady!!!

a couple of things i dont get is that if the girls are free why cant they stand by those they choose to stand by. its as if the free boys are re-indocrinating the freshly freed - and why are they so mean to the 'slavers' dont they understand that the compound families are victims of a corrupt society and show some compassion.

i bet if Hannah and Ra were about things would have been very different - but thats what i like about DW's writting - she doesnt play to the obvious gallery - she challenges us and adds depth to her creation at the same same.

love ya DW!!!! and thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

I agree that it's frustrating that the free men are trying to control fuji/rose/ciara's behavior, but it does make sense - it's just like a lot of feminists ruthlessly scorning and berating women who choose to be stay at home wives / mothers. You have the freedom to choose...the right choice.

CatBrownCatBrownabout 12 years ago
It seemed different

The last chapter seemed different somehow, the style and timbre. This chapter is even more strange feeling. Even the sex changed. I'm just wondering why. I still think it's an incredible story, and will continue to read it, but I did drop my score to a 4 after many, many 5's.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great Story

I recently found this story and read all 30 chapters in about a week. I'm impressed by the creativity of the author. Each time I was worried that she had written herself into a corner, she managed to find a new twist and story development. I'm at the point now that I want a happy ending.

Steve150177Steve150177about 12 years ago
When CH31? & DW made it the way it is

And she didn't tell me why. But, as a student of people and societies I'll offer a few guesses for you all to mull over.

a] The free men have learned from experience with other freed slaves that they need to be reeducated. They do not know even the most basic things about life on Pateria, for example, given a wide variety of pre-cooked foods, what to choose to get a balanced diet from Paterian foods.

b] Or the slaves always slip right back into depending on their former owners for everything and defering to them in everything too. Thus becoming slaves again.

c] They have learned that 'slavers' have a corrupt moral sense. Owning slaves does that to all owners here on Earth. Why not there too? And how do you reeducate a person to correct their moral sense? Can it even be done?

d] Or the free men are jealous of the slavers and deep down inside wish it were ethical to have a slave girl of their own.

Look for CH31 middle of next week, not this week.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Next

Does anybody when does the nest chapter will be released

psp0910psp0910about 12 years ago

its a little frustating. . but understandable. You are being realistic. Thats appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Amazed but weary

It's pretty realistic that their transition to freedom isn't going to be perfect. However I sincerely hope that it's not just replaced by a different form of slavery and cohesion. It was sad to read how they were forced to use their earth names and did not have the freedom to choose their own. Will they be forced to separate from their families because someone else decided it's 'more free' that way? Will they be forced to take new partners or risk their mens wellbeing? How would that be different from rape. I hope my beloved characters find real freedom.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
well that sucks...

k loved the chapter and hates what is happening to our family! boy these free boys really dont listen do they? i think they have cotton in their ears they wont even give them a chance to be together! okay had to let my frustation out. i do so hope that things will change for them when they arrive and that with the help of hananna and kennedy things will change!!! please! :) i love this series by the way when i found it you had just posted chapter 28 and was half was through the series when you posted chapter 29 then i had just finished that and chapter 30 was posted, so this is my first time to tell you that i love it and am looking very forward to lots more! :) post soon!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

wow ciara needs to tell these free guys to fuck off and stop telling her what to do! they insist shes free and yet they are so damned bossy!! if shes free then she can pick her own name and her own family and call you sir if she wants. THATS freerdom

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
my only complaint...

The only thing I'm a little disappointed in is how this chapter started. I had expected to see how the men dealt with Jonathon leaving. At the end of last chapter, he was taken away as soon as he found his brothers, got his mark, etc. The men never even got to say good bye to him and I was a little surprised and disappointed that this was sort of glazed over.

CyaniteCyaniteabout 12 years ago
<3

I was so glad to see more chapters added. I'm completely in love with this story. <3 I can't wait to read more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
When will the next chapter come out

I love this story im hooked plz keep up the great job hoping next installment is out soon

YoursTrulyLexiYoursTrulyLexiabout 12 years ago
love it!

I absolutely freaking adore this story! You're such a good writer, and you really know how to draw out the suspense and make your readers connect with your characters. I'm literally close to tears after this chapter, realizing that even freedom isn't going to finally give Ciara/Rachel the chance to be happy with her family and her children. Shame on Hannah for letting these men take Fuji!

Ready_N_WillingReady_N_Willingabout 12 years ago
(im)Patiently waiting for the next chapter.

OK, I'm trying to be patient, but it's killing me! As much as I wanted to jump through the computer and smack those "free" guys around a bit, I totally understand why you did what you did. I'm imagining Ciara getting fed up and laying into these guys and basically telling them to fuck off.

I can't believe they are forcing poor Rose to use her old name without knowing anything about her. It's probably pretty damn painful for her to use that name considering what happened to her.

And I'll get on the "Save Fuji" bandwagon with the previous commenter. The girls and their families have all gotten into my heart. I want to kick the ass of anyone who causes them pain.

Looking anxiously forward to the next chapter, and the eventual happy ending!!!

kris10ekris10ealmost 12 years ago
free at last....free at last!

Im so happy she's finally free, but the price for freedom is so hurtful. I can't believe how wrong the guys are being treated. They leave freedom only to live in racism

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Seems like the so called freedom fighters are just a bunch of dicks trying to force shit on everyone. They tell them that they are free yet they can't stand by who they want to and can't even look in a direction. Ridiculous, but this is a nice change in pace from the last few chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

I absolutely love this story, but I really hate these freedom men... Gosh, I do agree that those freedom fighters seem like a bunch of dicks who force their beliefs on people. I felt really uncomfortable reading this chapter because I feel for the characters especially Ciara and Damien and his Brothers. I love the characters a lot much and I feel pain when they feel pain. I love this story though. It's so original and wonderful probably the best story Ive ever read on this site. I just really hope the rest of the chapters are everyone is better and that no one suffers. I just don't have the stomach to tolerate painful moments.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Retrained?

That just pisses me off, just like it did the first time I read this story. Yeah, I know its fiction, but stupid people are stupid regardless of reality. Kudos to DW for eliciting such a strong response from her loyal readers. It feels like the three families have entered into another kind of slavery; the people in charge lay down the rules and refuse to listen to those they are supposed to lead, and once again the female "slaves" are without options. If Ciara likes her name, let her be called Ciara! I could continue ranting about this, but it would serve no purpose. Still makes me mad on the fictional ladies' behalf.

MsKikiMsKikialmost 12 years ago
really??

I had to force myself not to skip this chapter, this is my second time reading it and it still makes me so mad! DW has brought this story to life and I feel scared for them, and sad for them. It's kind of rediculous the way I get worked up about this story. Can't wait 'til the new chapter comes out in August

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenalmost 12 years ago
Freedom..?

For free people, they sure have to take a lot of orders.

willieonewillieonealmost 12 years ago
You are free..

to walk where you want and talk to who ever you want as long as you don't walk to your family or talk to you family and only answer to the name we want. It's good to be free.

jay_gjay_gover 11 years ago
lol @ willieone

I think that everytime I read this and the next couple chapters

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
whats wrong with you people

I love the free men, especially the big boss. Its about time someone put the brothers in their place ESPECIALLY fuji cowradly slavers and rose raging hyprocritical ones! I do worry for fuji though, I can't imagine her fitting into this new world.

I can't even wrap my head around this idea that everyone thinks these guys are worse than the slavers. Really? Did they beat them? Subjegate them? Rape them?! Nice rapists are still rapists. I have walked this journy with the brothers I don't hate them like I did in the begining (I believe in redeemption) but they deserve to face the consquences of their actions. Rachel is far to easy on them.

You have to excuse my bad grammer I'm typing this from my phone and I can't see everything I'm am writing.

spearishspearishover 11 years ago
Free ...............Not

Well put willie one .Yet again someone is doing something to someone for their own good :-(

treckie94treckie94over 11 years ago
okay i get it

The first time I read this story I hated this part. But now that I'm reading it again i realize how important this really is. Rachel didn't even think about her real name until two chapter ago. Yet somehow she was pronounced a memeber of the family several chapters ago. I think that just like slavery had been forced into her, it needs to be forced out. This actually seems like the most effective way to do it without completly destroying the story.

Props to you Dr.W!

Baron2shyBaron2shyabout 11 years ago
free my rare!

Thom & co are just as bad, if not worse than Damien & his brothers. Such bull headed buggers. It adds colour to the story alright but I'm not too trpped. Next chapter please.

jennyb2492jennyb2492about 11 years ago
Finally free to be herself....if they approve of her choices

It seems to be universal that when a group of people break free, they then want to define what "freedom" is for everyone else - in their minds, freedom is the"right" to now act like "I" want you to act, not the way you want to act. It is felt a lot in the BDSM community when a woman chooses to submit to a man and is excoriated by her vanilla "sisters" who fought long and hard to "free" her from male oppression, never stopping to consider that freedom means the right to make _any_ decision for ourselves, not just the ones that are "approved". You have done a wonderful job of bringing out this downside of rebellion/revolution. Let us hope Rachel/Ciara (whoever she chooses to be) is strong enough to make her own decisions. Personally, I hope she remains part of her family, because freedom is really cold and lonely by yourself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Uncertainty

Well Sh*t NOT what I was expecting, the way Hannah and kennedy described being free it was happy, away from repression. Now Ciara/Rachel, (depending on what name she does chose) is in a worse hell.... :( her family is hated and her friends are freaked out. Poor Fuji!!!!!

jason2313jason2313almost 11 years ago
Not really free at all....

Yea basically the men that are free only allow her to be free in making decisions that they approve of.... its not freedom, just a different type of slavery. Kinda disappointed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

The "free" men don't seem to actually understand the concept of freedom. I hope Rachel gets to be with her family soon.

DreamingAway1984DreamingAway1984over 10 years ago
Wow

I love how this story is evolving, great read! Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Slavery? Freedom?

I have to agree with Jason, and some others, she is still being made to act the way others wish. She wants to be called Ciara, and Rose wants to be Rose. None of the girls want to be apart from their men - so why won't the new men let them do what they want?

It seems they have gone from the frying pan to the fire!

That being said, this was again a brilliant read, as all the other chapters. Thank you again for this story.

Ariana xx

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
racheal has more freedom than she ever had since she left earth.

its a good thing the author is smarter than her fans. smh

its like none of you have ever heard of Stockholm syndrome. she still wears there friggen slave shackles! everything these men have said so far has been true. Damian and the brothers gifted her with something they took away in the first place. they never made he free, they never could. Hannah is smart as a whip i think she knew her mother would never been free unless she actually had the choice to walk away. she trusted them because she had too, she forgave them because she had too, and she loved them because she had too. maybe she'll still trust, forgive, and love them later but none of it really matter if she's never given the choice to leave the men.

I never liked Rose's owners (as a matter of fact i hate them for turning someone who went through such extreme trauma into a sex slave) but atleast when they decided she wasnt their slave anymore they offered her a chance to go home...and as far as i know they never beat her till she passed out.

EyetiegalEyetiegalover 9 years ago
Remember the men are victims too

I feel bad for the men as they are victims just as much as the women are just in different ways.

jott50jott50over 9 years ago
truly free???

if they are truly free they should be able to choose their friends and associates. these people are worse than where they came from.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Freedom is just another word for slavery

So Rachel, Ruth and Fuji are now said to be free, but seem to be more slaves now than they were before.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Ciara Rachel should have explained that she wanted to stay with her BROTHERS whom she had BONDED with. Would they not want to keep a bonded family together?

Rose could have explained that SHE had picked the name Rose and that the name Ruth reminded her of bad times. Of course then she'd have to talk to them.

Maybe later in the story they will decide how people know them. Maybe they will want to use both names together even.

JustNikkiJustNikkiover 6 years ago
Amused

As someone who loves this story and has read it several times its fun to read others reactions to it. :)

There is one Anon post who gets it right. But in fairness I did feel as many others did initially.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I gave this chapter a 2

And I'm being generous. The previous chapters have been fantastic, but this is where I get off. No freedom here. Only hypocracy. If I want to read about hypocracy, I'll buy a newspaper. Very disappointing. I posted as anonymous because I forgot my pw to sign in.

puma0916@hotmail.com

Bob Morton, Lima Peru

McLovin6787McLovin6787almost 5 years ago
Re: I gave this chapter a 2

Didn't bother to read between the lines or further on did you? WARNING KIND OF SPOILER: Later on they realize how they were acting hippocratic and they change. Tada everything works

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous