A Study in Fragrance Pt. 22 - End

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

🕐⇝🕑⇝🕒⇝🕓⇝🕔⇝🕕⇝🕖⇝🕗⇝🕘⇝🕙⇝🕚⇝🕛

She looked behind her at the bookshelf, her altar to Abby as she started descending the stairs, a silent guardian to a room that would soon be open, that might become a museum. She sniffed, smelling Complicit, worried again about her mother, wondering what Abby would have said about a secret perfume she had never intended to make. Reaching the landing, she remembered how silly she'd been, standing naked there, teasing Cos, how much she thought she knew, and how little that turned out to be.

Her thoughts drifted to that last Saturday with him as she entered the kitchen, all of the ways they'd played together, how he had used her, or thought he had, how upset he'd been, how surprised. She had remembered the disappointment in his face, the plans he'd hoped they had together. She cried that day. They both did, she remembered. She sat down on the chair, seeing the faint stain from that Saturday almost a year ago. Her parents weren't in the kitchen, but they would be soon enough, and then she would tell them her story, or at least parts of it.

Sitting there, reflecting again on that intense day, when she'd liberated herself from her stupid bargain, she thought briefly about Cos. About how much he'd given her, about how much she had learned. It was a stupid bargain, but she'd benefited from it; They both had. She hoped he felt the same. She recalled their parting, watching as he dressed, hugging her knees to her chest, unashamed at her nudity, a faerie, a nymph. She'd transformed that day. He'd done that for her, but she wouldn't let him keep her. Complicit, and Abby, hadn't given him a chance. She'd relived that moment, over and over again when she'd summoned the strength to release herself from the contract. In that moment, when she'd all but lost consciousness, the tendril, green and limp, the fog of Complicit, orange and hazy, swirled together creating a portrait: Caroline's face, smiling, her eyes lit up, lying next to her, sometime in a not too distant future.