A Suburban Shift

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So...." With a pregnant pause, Alex asked, "She did finish the job?" Maddie was horrified she was even telling this story to anyone, but after another long pull of her drink, nodded her head in the affirmative.

After a long silence, Alex finally said, "Honey, I'm so sorry that happened. Please believe me when I tell you that I never would have let that happen had I known. That masseuse was out of line to do that, and I'm gonna talk to Virginia about it. No wonder you were so flustered during our facials. I'm so sorry." Alex looked at Maddie with a frown on her face and repeated her claim that she was sorry. She also scooted closer to Maddie and began to gently rub her shoulder.

Maddie hadn't even noticed this happening as she continued with a solitary teardrop leaving her left eye. "The thing is, she did finish, and it felt really, really good," Maddie started. "What has me freaked out is why I didn't stop her. That is what I have been thinking about the last two days." Then, with a deep breath, Maddie went on to tell Alex all about her last forty eight hours. She told her everything; Candy at the costume store, and Brittney at the party. Alex just listened wide eyed, while she continued to stroke Maddie's left shoulder.

When Maddie finally finished- she left out the part about masturbating last night- the two women shared a look as Alex began to stroke her manicured fingers over the back of Maddie's neck. Maddie was deep in thought, buzzed again from nearly two Bloody Marys, and without realizing the implications, enjoying Alex's ministrations on her neck. Innocent as she thought they may be. As they continued to look at each other, Alex broke the silence by saying "Well, Maddie, I have a few confessions to make, but before I do, I want you to know how happy I am that we have become friends. It's only been two months, but I feel really close to you already."

Maddie just smiled, feeling relieved that she survived telling someone about her feelings and the things that were happening to her. "I feel the same way Alex; I really don't think there was anyone else I could have talked to about all this." The two women shared a smile before Maddie continued, "So, what are your confessions?"

Now it was Alex's turn to blush a little, although it was not as perceptible with her olive skin. "Um, confession number one- Although I definitely didn't know it would happen to you, I have ordered those 'services' at the spa, on a few occasions," Alex admitted. Maddie's eyes went wild as Alex's hand went from the back of Maddie's neck to falling innocently onto her knee. Maddie didn't seem to notice, again. "Confession number two- I saw Brittney blow you that kiss last night when you were leaving, and confession number three...-it made me jealous."

"Jealous?" Maddie said with utter astonishment.

"Yes," Alex admitted, "I thought something happened between the two of you and it made me jealous, I wanted you to be with me. I was relieved when you told me that it was Suzanne hooking up with Brittney and not you....Maddie I have thought you were so sexy and beautiful from the second I saw you at school. Then I got to meet you and the attraction only strengthened."

Maddie was in a state of shock. Things were slow to process in her brain from the alcohol and the information she just received. Her mouth fell open, and she attempted to say something, but before she could Alex had moved in close to her. Her green eyes had Maddie frozen, and that is when Alex kissed her. Light at first, just soft lips on soft lips, but after a split second of hesitation, Alex pressed in further and the passion in the kiss intensified. Maddie couldn't get over how soft Alex's lips felt, and how good she smelled. Alex returned her hand to the back of Maddie's neck and tilted her head. A slow rhythm was building between the two mothers.

"Maddie, get out of this!" Her rational side screamed at her Just as Alex was about to work her tongue into Maddie's mouth. Maddie pulled away.

Maddie still had the look of shock on her face as she said, "I, I can't, Alex. I'm sorry, this just isn't me, I'm sorry." Maddie quickly got up from the couch, muttered something about having to get home for her kids and went racing to the door.

Alex called to her, "Maddie, wait!" But, Maddie was out the door and fumbling for the keys to her husband's car.

Alex attempted to call to Maddie one more time from her doorway, but it was too late. Maddie was driving down the street.

"Fuck!" Alex shouted to herself and slammed her door shut.

"Slow down, and concentrate on driving," Maddie told herself as she drove home. She made it to her driveway just as her daughter; Lauren was pulling up in her car from her friend's house. They parked their cars and met at the walkway to the front door of their home.

"Mom, are you all right? You look like you've seen a ghost, or something," Lauren said to her mom.

"What?" an exasperated Maddie said to her daughter, "No, I'm fine." They both walked inside to see Ben sitting on the couch watching college football.

"Hey, mom, hey weirdo," He said to his mother and sister.

"Look who's talking," Lauren replied to her kid brother.

The rest of the Prescott's Saturday went by as usual, but inside, Maddie was a wreck. "There is nobody to talk to about all of this in this house," she thought to herself. She contemplated saying something to Marci, but thought better of it. "Oh, hi, Marci, I'm a lesbian, how is your day going?" yeah, that would work, she chided herself, sarcastically.

As she started to prepare dinner later that afternoon, the ping-pong game inside her head began again. "You kissed a girl, so what. If you liked it, why freak out over it," her adventurous side said first. Her practical side countered, "You're a 42 year old married mother of two, not a lesbian, or bi-sexual. You never have been. So, try not to think about it, and go about your life."

So that's what Maddie tried to do- not think about it. She made it through dinner, then got Ben into his costume for Halloween night and sent him out with his friends to trick-or-treat. Lauren had already left for a Halloween party, so it was Mike and Maddie handing out candy at the Prescott residence.

Things were going smoothly until her cell beeped with a text. It was Alex. "Maddie, I know you probably don't want to, but maybe we could talk tomorrow? Please? I'm handing out candy right now, but you can call/text me anytime. I can't begin to express how sorry I am for this morning. Let's talk." Was what the text read. Maddie deleted it immediately after and Mike, who was sitting right beside her, was none the wiser. The rest of the night was uneventful. She waited for both her children to arrive home and then got ready for bed. She was exhausted. Mike who had napped away most of the day was still wide awake as she prepared herself for bed. "If you're interested in a recreation of last night's events...I'm available," Mike said.

Maddie smiled at her husband before crawling into bed, "I'm exhausted, baby," she replied to him.

"I know sugar," Mike said with a mock frown, "Nighty, night." Maddie was asleep before her head hit the pillow.

It was a typical Sunday for Maddie and her family. She had managed to keep Alex and the events of last week out of her head, but as the afternoon was turning into early evening her cell beeped again with a text message from Alex. "I'm a persistent person, Maddie, but I'm not a psycho, and I am not trying to put any pressure on you, whatsoever. I just want a chance to explain myself, and apologize to you, in person, Or, at least over the phone. Please give me that chance??" the text stated. This time, Maddie read it three times as she thought.

She waited until going to bed before she replied. "I will have 15 minutes to meet at Starbucks after the home-school meeting on Wednesday before I have to get back to school. Meet me there, but don't approach me at the meeting."

She immediately got a reply back from Alex, "OK. Thanks," it said with a smiley face emoticon.

The Home-School Association meetings were always on the first and third Wednesdays of the month. Maddie could run these meetings in her sleep. Of course, this one was different. This would be the first meeting she ran as chairwoman where one of the mothers in the audience had romantically kissed her a few days before. She was nervous. "Just another meeting, Maddie. Just go through the agenda and get out of there. Then, kindly tell Alex that it's not a good idea if they hang out socially anymore. Be firm, and leave it at that. Then come home and make dinner," is what the practical side told her before she left. She had already lied to Marci about why they couldn't go to the meeting together. She told her friend she had a doctor's appointment. So off she went.

As the meeting was about to begin, Maddie scanned the room. No Alex. "Fine with me", she thought. But, just after roll call took place, she heard the cafeteria door open and in walked Alex. She was dressed conservatively in a warm brown sweater that acted like a turtleneck at the top. Brown corduroys and loafers completed the ensemble. "She still looks beautiful," was the first thing that came to Maddie's mind. She mentally admonished herself for this. "Be strong!" she said to herself. When it came time for her committees report, Alex delivered it with no fanfare. "Thank you, Mrs. Monroe," Maddie said, as the two women made brief eye contact for the first time since Saturday morning. Maddie went through the rest of the agenda rather quickly, and the meeting ended ten minutes earlier than usual. Maddie said her goodbyes to the members of the association and headed to her car. She drove to the Starbucks like she was in a rush, "Just get this over with," she told herself.

As she entered the coffee shop, she saw no sign of Alex. The shop only had two other customers at this time of day, so she quickly got herself a small regular coffee, found a table near the store window and waited. After a brief wait, she saw Alex exit her car and make her way to the door of the Starbucks.

"Hi," said Alex a bit more enthusiastically than Maddie would have thought. "I'm just gonna grab a Latte real fast, do you need anything?" Alex asked.

"No, I'm fine, thanks," Maddie replied. Now Maddie was genuinely nervous. "Could you imagine if anyone you knew walked in right now and heard what was about to be discussed?" she thought to herself. "That's not gonna happen, we are just two mothers from the association discussing association business." She rationalized as she tried to calm herself down. But reality was, this was going to be a much different conversation.

Alex gave a big smile as she sat on the stool opposite Maddie and started, "Thank you so much for meeting with me," She said. "I wanted to tell you face-to-face how sorry I am for Saturday morning. I guess I just misread the situation and..."

Maddie cut Alex off with a wave and said, "Alex, there is no need to apologize. Things happened really fast for me last week, and I just felt like you were the only one I knew who I could talk to about it all. I totally get how you could have misread that. The thing is, it's a lot of stuff for me to process, and I just don't think I'm ready for anything like that. Or, maybe I should say, that's just not who I am." Maddie got the courage to say. What she didn't have the courage to do was to look Alex in the eye. Maybe it was sheer nerves, or maybe it was just easier to say those words without having to look at her.

"Maddie, you are beet red, and you can't stop staring into your coffee, it's me, Alex. I really don't want this to be weird between us," Alex offered.

Maddie finally looked up, gave a fake smile, nodded at Alex and said, "It won't be weird, I promise. Everything is fine. Listen, I have to run, I'm sure we will see each other at the next meeting."

Maddie got up to leave and Alex said, "So, that's it, like nothing happened?" Alex asked.

"Yeah, that's it," Maddie replied and began to walk to the door.

Just as she was almost out of range of Alex, the taller woman grabbed Maddie's wrist, "This would be a lot easier if I believed you," Alex said as the two women locked eyes on each other.

For a brief moment, they just stared at each other before Maddie finally said, "Well, that's all I can say, I'm sorry," She then broke her hand away from Alex's and left the shop and headed to her car without looking back.

"Why did you say you were sorry? Sorry for what?" she asked herself as she drove off. The next thought that came into her mind was how Alex's eyes looked as she was leaving the shop. "Smoldering," was the only way she could describe them, "Absolutely stunning," was the second thought she had. Then her practical voice jumped in, "It's over, it's done. You did fine, move on," it told her. She agreed, but with a small frown on her face.

Friday morning was going at its usual pace. Maddie started with the 5:30 kettle bell class, which was demanding as she was doing it, but made her feel great afterward. She felt very relaxed, even, for the first time in what seemed like weeks. She came home, showered and got the troops up. First Ben, then Lauren and half an hour later, Mike. She served them all breakfast at three different times, all dependent on their schedules for work and school. Today, Ben was taking the school bus, so she didn't have to drive him. Mike was always the last out the door and as he was going, he gave his wife a hug and a kiss and said, "Oh, honey, I have some work UPS stuff coming this morning, so just be on the lookout, thanks."

"No problem," she called to him as he walked down the driveway to his car.

The house was in good order, and tonight was Pizza night, so she didn't have to worry about dinner. She poured herself a cup of coffee and went to the couch to watch the morning News shows. She was still very relaxed from her strenuous workout this morning and it felt great to just lounge on the couch and zone out for a little while. This went on for about 40 minutes before she heard the doorbell ring. "UPS at exactly 9:00 AM? Wow, that's early," she thought to herself. As she was approaching the front door to retrieve her husband's packages, she saw the UPS driver pull away from the curb in his brown truck. "That guy is fast," she thought. She then opened the door and almost died of shock. Standing there, with the UPS package in one hand, and a cactus in the other was Alex.

"UH, I kind of ran into the UPS man as I was walking up the drive. Sorry if I startled you," Alex said in an almost husky voice. Maddie just stared at her for what seemed like ten minutes. "Um, can I come in to put this package down? It's kind of heavy," Alex asked.

"I guess," Maddie tentatively replied. Alex walked past Maddie into the foyer of the home, looking for a place to put the package and her cactus. She saw a half table where the family kept the car keys and mail, and placed the cactus there and the package next to it on the ground.

"Ok, so may I ask why you are here?" Maddie said as she took in Alex standing in her home, wearing yoga pants and a light sweat shirt with running shoes.

"I'm here because you needed me to be here," was Alex's reply.

"What?" Maddie said, this time with more agitation, "what do I need you for, I thought I was pretty clear at the coffee shop the other day."

"What you were clear about the other day," Alex returned, "was that you have a lot of questions that need answers, and that's why I am here, to be the answer to your questions." Alex took three steps towards Maddie and the women were now face to face.

"Questions? Questions about what?" Maddie asked almost stuttering out her words.

"Questions about why you didn't stop Misha at the spa," Alex said as she took another step closer to Maddie, who then took a step backwards towards the hallway wall. "Questions about why it excited you so much when the clerk at the store came on to you," Alex said as she put her left hand on the wall above Maddie's right shoulder. Maddie's mouth was turning to cotton and she could feel her heart beating faster as her pulse quickened. She had no reply to what Alex was saying, leaving her to only stair into the beautiful woman's green eyes. "Questions about how you couldn't take your eyes off of Brittney and Suzanne in my bathroom, and how you went home and fucked your husband while reliving the whole thing," Alex said as she gently placed her right hand on Maddie's left hip.

"How, how do you know about that?" Maddie asked, now having a hard time putting a sentence together.

"It's fairly obvious, my beautiful friend," Alex said, just before putting her lips to Maddie's for the second time. However, this time, Maddie's practical side was nowhere to be found. The only thing happening in Maddie's brain at that moment was the sensations that had overcome her. Alex's soft lips, how good she smelled, and finally, as Alex pressed in closer, the feeling of the two women's breasts as they mashed together. This time, Maddie could not deny how good it felt. She had an immediate flashback to that time on the dancefloor when she clumsily fell into Alex and their breasts met for that brief instant. That realization sent Maddie to a new place, now longing for Alex's kiss.

Maddie would not be disappointed. Alex lightly pushed her tongue into Maddie's mouth and it was received with a passionate French kiss. Alex put her left hand behind Maddie's head as the kiss intensified. Maddie put both her hands behind Alex's shoulders as the kiss and the feeling of their bodies pressed together had her mesmerized. Alex broke the kiss and with a breathy, husky voice commanded Maddie, "Take me to your couch."

"It's now or never," that other voice in Maddie's head said to her, as she looked deep into Alex's eyes and finally took her hand and led her to the living room. The TV was still on, but fortunately for the two women, the curtains were closed around the window. Maddie turned the TV off, turned around and asked Alex, "What happens next?"

She felt a bit foolish for asking, but Alex replied, "Sit and relax. You can stop me at any time, but I'm going to show you how a woman makes love to another woman." The realization of what was going to happen hit Maddie like a bomb going off, but she slowly sat down on her couch where she had been watching TV, a few minutes before.

Alex looked down upon Maddie who sat speechless and pulled her sweatshirt off. Maddie's eyes widened as she took in the site of Alex's tits on display in a skimpy sports bra. "Take your top off sweetie," Alex whispered and Maddie slowly obeyed, revealing her tits in a light blue satin bra. Her nipples were protruding through the sheer fabric as she could feel here heart race. Alex then sat down next to Maddie and the two mothers began to kiss again. This time the kiss had more aggression and urgency. Maddie was now getting acclimated to Alex's kisses and she reveled in them. Just as her comfort level rose, she felt Alex's hands behind her skillfully unclasp her bra, releasing her breasts as the bra fell to the floor. Alex then placed both her hands lightly on Maddie's breasts and felt how hard her nipples had become. Maddie purred into Alex's mouth as the feeling of the soft hands on her breasts sent a jolt of electricity from her stomach down to her pussy. Her first thought was how different it felt from Mike's rough hands and her second thought was how her pussy was now beginning to soak her panties with her excitement.

If any resistance remained inside Maddie, it was quickly extinguished when Alex bent down and took her right breast into her mouth. This sent another jolt of pleasure to Maddie's loins and she threw her head back and let the sensation of Alex's talented tongue and lips on her nipple overtake her. With a tiny shove from Alex, Maddie fell back onto the couch as Alex gave the same attention to her left breast.