All Comments on 'A Summer By The Lake'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 626 Comments (Page 4)
CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
Typical....

Another Typically Awesome story by qhml1.

Nicely done.

LwcbyLwcbyabout 5 years ago
Pissed off of you cuz you don't write more frequently

I really am upset that you don't write more I leave work in read stories and most of them are yours so quit being a ask monkey and start writing more

YvesmiYvesmiabout 5 years ago
Too good

Too muchof a xmas story for me. He throws a little money at every probleme. A fairy tale.

flarebel2327flarebel2327about 5 years ago
nit pickers

if they want a perfect story go to a book store & buy 1. try your hands at writing & see how well you do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Very Nicely done

Another great 5* story. Keep writing them, your stories are well written. I enjoy them for what they are fiction, never mind the people who don’t realize that is what they are. So what a guy who is very rich wants to use his money to help people, protect what is dear to him. I would to if I had it.

Keep up the great work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
WOW!

This is the best I've read on this site,reallygood 👌

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great

This needs to be made into a movie!!!!!!!

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 5 years ago
@gentleman_prince: WHAT!!! 😮 No bacon cheeseburgers?!!! How can you live? Even vegans have trouble with bacon cheeseburgers. LOL

Yeah, I hear ya too. Us agnostic ex-buddhist/methodist/catholics (yeah, weird combination) have trouble with this type of story too, though we did celebrate Christmas, it was more as a Winter Celebration (though us kids still dug the presents), so I have gone through the celebrations and services. Parents knew it was tough on us kids when 99.7% of our friends were going through all the festivities... and presents (did I mention the presents?).

I would have been slightly more comfortable with less of the story hinging on the church, though there are certain nuances of the story that are especially poignant because of them, especially the teens seeing the poverty some of their friends suffer through.

Love this story. It WOULD make a good rom-com. I can really find no fault with this story. Though I’m sure a legal expert might find problems adopting a girl, without her father’s ok, to be not without problems (don’t know N. Carolina laws). No way he could give “consent” while in a mental institution; I’m not sure any state would allow that, though some states may let just one parent give consent.

LOVE B.B.’s character. She really is the pivot the whole story revolves around, not H.H.

5-stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great. Story

In my favorites list. I have read it numerous Times and enjoy it more and more.

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AutistAdventurerAutistAdventureralmost 5 years ago
Amazingly beautiful story...

...the religion didn't bother me at all (although I don't share the belief system) as it provided the cultural framework for the romance, the overcoming of the implicit tensions and the reason that the untrusting mother could begin, once again to trust.

You can't help writing Romances, can you?

And you shouldn't be bothered by it. You create believable characters who are true to their setting.

Thank you.

BAnde53507BAnde53507almost 5 years ago
The Perfect Story...

I always feel so good after reading a story like this. It’s perfect: the characters, the length & pacing, all of it. Sadly, not enough feel good stories such as this one ore written. You’ve strengthened my hopes for love and relationships. Just what I needed. Cheers.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
When you love the way we do

Pervert to husband detours on way

Good story

4 stars

ibbunkibbunkalmost 5 years ago
Thank you

A wonderful read. Thank you so much for the time you spend giving to others. It's very generous of you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Nice story with ..

..something for everyone. At the risk of seeming petty: it is EMinent domain and badminton. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great. Story

5 stars plus. In my favorites and have read it numerous times

ron/cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
How does a story on Literotica make me cry?

Love this story, that’s all I’m gonna say.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Exquisite

This was a nice love storm, Thankyou for sharing.

MarshallaMarshallaover 4 years ago
Not exactly the typical fare ...

... for this particular Site but, this was a Story, with a Capital "S"!

Well written, and very engaging, without a doubt.

5 Stars, and my thanks for another Instant Favorite.

I'd found this one in the Recommended Stories at the end/Comments area of another Author's stories, and I'm glad I did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Rich Peopleq

I really don't like stories about filthy rich people!

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 4 years ago
Great Story!!

Very well written and full of surprises. I have always had the idea that the rich should use their excess wealth to help out the less fortunate people around them and donate to charities that they like. This story takes all that into consideration. If I were rich this is the life I would live. Thank you so much for a great story. Loved it!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A romance a day

keeps the doctor away.

Or so they say.

Don't they?

Thanks for keeping me healthy. :-)

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 4 years ago
5☆

Very enjoyable.

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago

BB made the tale.

Seriously well done.

cybojicybojiover 4 years ago
This is my go to story

When I need something light and bright. B.b. is a hoot. The whole story is fabulous. Always a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Fabulous

Great story, you should write a novel.

vcwriter17bvcwriter17babout 4 years ago
Comment

This is a nicely written fairytale. I like it, but let me focus on two concerns. 1. The backend is almost an afterthought. Do we need to know about all the details of the futures of non-central characters? 2. The infinite money detracts from the story line. The characters can’t be creative when all they do is throw money at problems. What’s the fun in that?

reader13reader13about 4 years ago
Great

Finestkind! Pleasant, interesting characters, interesting action, just a touch of conflict. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great story

Entertaining read all around. Thanks for the effort. Keep after it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Make it a novel

A good short story. Grow the characters and the settings. You do a great job with bb. You skipped through the end and the story falls apart. Embellish the twins. You obviosly do well with kids. Make them characters sooner and continue the family.

I enjoyed it. Keep writing even if you don't follow my advice.

jesemmojesemmoabout 4 years ago
Good Story

I've spent the past three days reading stories that are so good that I can't stop reading them. You are a fantastic writer. You have a gift in how you develop your characters and their lives flood together in such a genius manner. You keep writing and I'll keep reading.

Rocketmann22Rocketmann22about 4 years ago
Very good story!

The story is very good, long but good. The B.B. character was a good part. I enjoyed reading your work. Four plus.

Rocketmann22Rocketmann22about 4 years ago
I Like this story!

Like Forest Gump said “That’s all I have to say about that”.

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

I like it, a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Impressive

Came by your work through The Unicorn. Haven't stopped binge reading since.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
First Class

First story in many months that I can say, without bloviating, I could not put down. Wonderful story, written clearly and easy to follow all the characters. Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I'm learning a lot from you

I have been toying with writing for a couple of years now. I found this site and spent most of my time in "other" sections, until that is I discovered your stories. You have inspired me to at least try my hand. I know that writing, like any other skill, can be learned. I also know that without some talent no amount of training will make someone a great writer, but I want to try. I've failed at a few things in life and it hasn't seemed to hurt me, so I'll make a run at it.

This, like all of the other stories I have read from you are interesting and hard to put down. I hope I can do as well.

Gaziger

phoenix23ninjaphoenix23ninjaabout 4 years ago
still in awe of your skill

I've never been the best at writing, so any well-crafted story is enough to impress me. While many of the stories on here may be relatively short compared to a normal book, shorter length just makes it easier to reread. I currently would chose this and Air Possum (rereading that lead me back here) as my favorite stories of yours (granted, I still haven't read most of them).

sofdbmsofdbmabout 4 years ago
Outstanding.

happy ending.

sofdbm

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good

To start off, the plot and execution of the storyline have been thoroughly thought through and I really do respect that because it takes so much time and effort to come out with a good story, and this was one of them. But sometimes I felt like the words sometimes got a little “lazy”. I would’ve liked to seen a little bit more detail in some situations. Overall, you did a great job and I really did enjoy reading this!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Very well written!

This is a very good story and hope you write more. If you should like some help in editing I am not to bad doing it and have done so a few times.

sej1945@sbcglobal.net

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Comment

I'm a 72yr old male and I'm still crying!!

My form of English is UK, not USA but other than that, I give you A++.

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Still gets me

I can't tell you how many times I have read this story, but I will say I still love it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
It's at least my third time

reading Summer and I just wanted to thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Someone Has to Ask

What did B.B. agree to send the Judge when the time was right.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Not Anonymous

I truly love your writing. They all make me feel uplifted.

Bra46Bra46almost 4 years ago
You have a true gift!

I do not know what you could have done to make this a more perfect story. Well written, believable, and heart rendering. Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Surprised me

Not many know about Patric Furgson. or his rifle.I see a curious comparison between what is going on today and the American Revolution. I expect TSHTF the day after the polls close in November

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
One of the best, hands down!

Love the blending of the eroticism with the gentle humor! I’ve read this story several times and it’s always worth the time.

Rocketmann22Rocketmann22almost 4 years ago
I only found one

I only found one problem with your story but, it’s not really a problem. what you did could affect writing of your stories to some. Don’t politicize the story whichever way the reader leans. If you eliminate any unnecessary problems but, if you must you must.

So readers are either republican or Democratic don’t add or become part of some unnecessary problem. like (my god is better than yours so I’m gonna kill you☹️)

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955almost 4 years ago

Excellent. This makes the 2nd time Iread it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
For Those Who Have Suggested

That Q should write novels, first, I'd suggest you read his profile and second, there are 11 on Amazon under the nom de plume of L. Holden Buff. I'm still waiting to see one on the big screen.

There are things I always expect when reading a Q story, there will be some typos that sometimes I notice and sometimes not. Either way they never bother me due to the fact the characters and plots are so well done that the tiny little things don't matter one iota to me and I just roll over them.

As far as things in the story, growing up around poison ivy there are several things I do know. In general you have a 1-2 hour time frame to wash the oil off using soap and water that does not have any lotions or moisturizers in it, dish detergent works well. Wash any clothes at least twice, separately from other clothing. Cats and dogs are immune to it but their hair can carry it and deliver it to you. Many people are immune to it at first but that tends to fade with exposure over time. This is the second Q story I've read where poison ivy has played a role, in the other one it was used as a form of justice in "A Shitty Way To End A Marriage".

"Attitude of a shrew, face resembling a jowly bulldog, screeching laugh of a hyena, and an ass big enough to put a saddle on." Who could play her in the movie? I'm thinking Joy Behar or Rosie O'donnell.

"The new imminent domain ruling from the Supreme Court could hurt you. It's all about tax base now." One of the laws that the courts have allowed to be perverted from it's original intentions.

"The library would have six state of the art computers in a dedicated room, donated by a department of the federal government..." I do know for certain that there are programs by some Federal agencies to release excess computers to schools and other non-profit groups as well as ways for people at certain income levels to receive free cell phones and internet access.

I really enjoy stories with real geographical and historical references especially ones that I have knowledge of or a personal connection to as in the "Over Mountain Men, a loose group of Revolutionary War irregulars from most of the Southern border states and territories, who converged on Kings Mountain, On the North/South Carolina border to battle and defeat the loyalist troops under the command of Major Patrick Furgueson." Having many kin folk in the areas in and around Tennessee I'm familiar with the story, my only issue is with the spelling of the Major's name.

"Know what's more irritating than a woman? A woman in training."

"Have I ever lied to you before that you've caught me at?"

Two absolutely great quotes to remember.

"What did you promise to send her?" I asked as we got ready for the flight home." Something sticks in my mind in relation to this question, like I should know the answer. Maybe it's just a similarity to something in another story, maybe by Q or someone else.

As in many of Q's stories like 'Air Possum', '500 Annie's' and 'An Unexpected Reaction' I'd like to believe that there are really people like Harry out there. Hopefully they really exist, but if they don't wouldn't it be a better world if they did? Signed: BTW

WisquejacWisquejacover 3 years ago

99% of qhml1’s stories are among the best here. I just want to say thank you for the hours and hours of enjoyment and losing myself in his stories. So thanks so much for your gift and ability to share it with others.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
Another good one!

Any criticisms are of your story are unwarranted, just sayin'.

Excellent field good story about sharing and giving back without being over bearing about it. You can't go wrong with a good love story. Your loving wives stories are also good. Keep up the great writing

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
3rd or 4th read

This one of my "go to" reads when I need a feel good story with some humor. BB is a great character. 5*

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

What a great love story with such a happy ending. 5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Best ever

I'm sure to read this many times over!

Just_John1Just_John1over 3 years ago
Very Nice!

Loved the character development and the story held my interest. An enjoyable read, looking forward to reading more of your work. Thank you for sharing your work with us. JJ1

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent

This is so good that I purchased the book (Amazon) and all the others by this author. He'll give you his info on request - it's worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

A really great storey. Absolutely loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Every story that I read of yours is better than the one before.Thank you for your gift. Some of my best memories with my kids, my ex-wife, my dad and uncle was around the lakes - in Nebraska and Canada.

Ginger630Ginger630over 3 years ago

When I started this story, I hated it. But then I came back and finished it. I’m so glad I did. This was amazing.

Burcham8Burcham8over 3 years ago
My Favorite Story

This continues to be my favorite! It has equal parts humor, drama, sex, and tenderness. AND a moral even Aesop couldn’t write. Thank you for sharing your talent with us...!

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

Great feel good story. Many true tales are told hear. There's so many divorces these day. Many don't end well but some have a rebirth with another partner maybe more compatible or loving than the last. Very good story, even the second time around. Keep writing

ProfesseurXProfesseurXover 3 years ago

A beautiful story, even the second time around.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fantastic story

OMG... can't say enough about this story. Thank you very much. it's definitely a 5 star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

ukdukeukdukeover 3 years ago
Back yet again!

I do seriouslyike this story. Cannot remember how many times I have read it but I enjoy it more every time! 🤩🤩🤩

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Every story is a wonderful commentary on how people and life should be, but was tempted for once to only give 4 * instead of the 5* I always give. There was ONE question that I looked forward to reading the answer - what did BB tell the judge damn it! Think this is my 3rd or 4th read.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Just a short one. Idon't recall your age, but if you retire and want a hobby, my thoughts would be for you to consider book writing stories, {Factual or Fictional} . I truly believe you may have a talent for it. I've just finished my last eight stories written by a fellow going by the 'handle of' QHML 1. Check the mirror and you just might see something familiar to go by. I'd be hard pressed to judge the last stories and pick out a winner. Spelling, pro nouns, grammar, need not be perfect to tell a very convincing tale. I know you'll do fine. Harry Mc

nkdoldmannkdoldmanover 3 years ago
Wonderful, Wonderful story

My only critique is that you didn't say anything about B. B. getting married and having children of her own. Maybe that can become your next story to satisfy all your readers/fans who have fallen inlove with your family, like I have!

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

I definitely would have a Pre-Nup!!!! Great story.

HotAZfireHotAZfireabout 3 years ago
EXCELLENCE in writing!!

Those that nitpick are funny!

Your writing and stories are well thought out and interesting.

I had a few tears in my eye more than once and that’s difficult to achieve for an old retired firefighter that has pretty much seen it al!!

Thank you.

andrewm57andrewm57about 3 years ago
oops

...eminent domain...

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955about 3 years ago

One of my top3 favorite stories on l1it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Excellent teary perfect story

I was waiting for something sad to change story but it didn’t! This story is just what I needed today. A feel good story!

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 3 years ago

Excellent story! So thoroughly enjoyed. Thank-you

wish_thinkerwish_thinkerabout 3 years ago

I am a softy for these types stories! Great ending, loved the good feelings.

Radmatt0352Radmatt0352about 3 years ago

The story is very good. Sometimes the racy parts are not needed, and your story proves it. Well done.

xtremeddxtremeddabout 3 years ago

It is this and stories like it that gives credibility to this site...

gfrhgfrhabout 3 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed this story very much. Thank you for time, effort, and for posting it.

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961about 3 years ago
VERY GOOD

Enjoyed it very much. Could have been longer over all a good read nicely done .

ibbunkibbunkabout 3 years ago

Gets better everytime I read it.

Very, very well done.

Many thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What a great read

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So Good, Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Grand Story. Bought both a tear to me eye & a throb to ...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Superb, extremely well written with excellent plot and carry through. I enjoyed all aspects of the story. The ending was pure icing on the cake giving an excellent conclusion.

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
One

One hell of a good story.

KingCuddleKingCuddlealmost 3 years ago

My second reading...several years later.

Happy Tears are The Best Tears!

This is One Whole Helluva Lotta Sweetness!

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

What a great story, my second or third reading each time brings tears............oops! There goes my man points again. Very emotional, at least for me and probably a few others. I hope this is published elsewhere so others not frequenting 'erotic' sites may read them. This author is truly a wonderful one and one of the best on LIT!! 10 stars from me, excuse me now I have to find another box of Kleenex.

texasdavid72texasdavid72almost 3 years ago

I've read this story several times and besides a few errors it just gets better everytime I read it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story, all good fairy tales have to an evil entity and you did that well and very smoothly. Thanks for a great read that moved along well and never dwelled on any section very long. Thanks again

BbiguyBbiguyalmost 3 years ago

I've read this so many times it's still in my top 10 favourites.

LeFrog08LeFrog08almost 3 years ago

Same for me; I think it’s my third read now

and a nearby box of tissues is required.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thank you a lovely evening read. At my age B.B. had tears in my eye when talking to Dad. signed PGUK

Davidj001Davidj001almost 3 years ago
2nd read

Even better the second time around,,,, still deserves more than a 5* rating,,,, have to agree with other comments, this would make a really good screen play

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Eminent domain proceedings were an imminent threat.

Craig

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Q. You is good!

des67des67almost 3 years ago

Found this story by accident, Boy am I ecstatic I did,,What a great read,, I can see the movie of this story,, 5 Stars seems insufficient for a grade. Added into 1 of my top 10 favorites.... Thank You.....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Yeah!!!

This is the kind of stuff I really love!!!

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961almost 3 years ago

I liked this story so much this is my third time reading it again always a good read brings peace to my heaart .solid five every time

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Recently divorced, It seems that I've fallen behind on the housekeeping as there's a lot of umm dust in the air, for whatever reason... I'm aware that life can sometimes be hell on earth, so you keep on, keeping on...

Regards,

Reid

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
9006 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories