All Comments on 'A Summer By The Lake'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 626 Comments (Page 5)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A great story.

I had a few chuckles at B.B's efforts to train H.H. and to mold him into a great Dad.

Well done 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

My fifth read, still one of my top 5 stories so 5 stars! Thank you for sharing with us.

somewhere east of Omaha

pepepilotpepepilotalmost 3 years ago

Great story, but the typing needs to be a bit more accurate, and there were two ring bearers? I'm nitpicking because I can. Still, a 5* story that I know I'll enjoy reading again!

ibbunkibbunkalmost 3 years ago

A story I enjoy reading often.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You're a great writer and you should definitely keep up the good work! I loved this story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

reasonably balanced story that moved and compelled the reader. I enjoyed it. The ex-hubby got wrapped up and packaged away a little to quickly and conveniently to be overly believable though...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I am always a sucker for the Happy ending. This is the Second time I read this story, the first time was maybe 3 years ago. Love your work! Did you ever produce a story that you have sold?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Loved it

It caused me to reflect upon my own life and wistfully murmur...."If only!"

xavierwxavierwalmost 3 years ago

I will quickly say that this is not the typical kind of story that I come to Literotica to read. It certainly isn’t the kind of story that I rate as 5-stars. But this one EARNED it!!

Keep up the great work and continue to be a role model for other, more mainstream, authors who don’t want to - or aren’t ready to - dabble in erotica.

X-Man

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It’s been noted before by other commentators but there wasn’t any real change or growth by the protagonist. He just pulled out his credit card and paid to make sure that the problems went away. BB’s character was far better described than was her mother’s who, rather suddenly, was a woman in love. We never saw how she developed nor how she overcame her demons. In all honesty, this feel-good story has a high score but little substance. A weak 4*. Sorry.

flareb2343flareb2343over 2 years ago
SARAH

my late wife had an ex like Sarah's . over bearing A$$ hole. this story as 1 of the top 10.

The_Sheppards_CorrectionThe_Sheppards_Correctionover 2 years ago

Well done! I couldn’t put this one aside. Brilliant!

burningloveburningloveover 2 years ago

A great tale! Has it all! One og my best favorites!

5 *****!

Burninglove

CharliefromtheUSACharliefromtheUSAover 2 years ago

This is the best story I have ever read, and I read a lot!

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

Great story! Only people downvoting because not enough sex.

After she gave him the camera: "Now you can take all the pictures of me naked you want, pervert." HAHAHAHAHAHA

One minor complaint: He was 30 and thought Sarah was, too. So was BB, now 14, born when her Mom was 16??

Myself112233445Myself112233445over 2 years ago

A good story always finds an audience reguardless of where it is found, if you need sex in your story move along. When you read a story you are caught up in the plot or not. You don't rent porn for the storyline, so don't pick up a novel by Clancy and complain there is not enough porn

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

E not I

-Eminent domain: the power of the state to take private property for public use with payment of compensation to the owner.

-Imminent: likely to occur at any moment; impending /or/ projecting or leaning forward; overhanging

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Major Patrick Ferguson, British Army, (NOT Furgueson) was the inventor of the Ferguson rifle

PhilDub2PhilDub2over 2 years ago

As I’ve said before, you put the “Lit” in Literotica. What a memorable character in BB. As mentioned above could have used some minor burnishing; the few errors that crept in were merely bumps in the road that did not interfere with the flow of the story, something I value highly as a reader.

Sausage17Sausage17over 2 years ago

Wow that was PHENOMENAL!!! I can’t wait to see your other stories!

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

This story was (is) great. Thank you. Please keep writing. One of the best on Literotica in any category.

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

A sparkling little gem of a story. It's why I like searching this site. There is some really fantastic writing hidden in among all the cuckold and sex for sex sakes stories. This was one. A few minor mistakes, sure, but these can be easily ignored by all but a few disgruntled anons.

Cal59Cal59over 2 years ago

5 stars from me but what happened to the female property developer? I kept waiting for her return!

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

Cute story, but no real drama. Also, it is "eminent domain" and not "imminent domain." No lawyer would have represented husband in trying to get sole custody of BB under the circumstances. Author started developing story about female property developer, but occasionally referred to her as "him," and the there seemed to be a sub-plot that was never finished. So errors and too simple and unrealistic a story, but author has shared numerous stories worth reading, and so I keep reading them -- sometimes twice.

linnearlinnearover 2 years ago

So glad I read this one, very good but I agree about there not being much drama. I loved that Sarah was the girl in the poison oak I was wondering who that girl was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

Not much I can say except another fantastic work and thank you so much for doing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Dad and Gregg both best man. Good thing Gregg turned it down.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Finally a story where it's the ex husband who's a jerk instead of the ex wife. I've read it three times do I must like it. Drama schmama. It's just fine without it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is the most wonderfully written and engaging story I have read on here although not strictly Erotica. it really would make an excellent novel. I even felt tears of joy when the extended family joined the family. If you really have written the novel or intent to please email me the details (princelegolas61@gmail.com) Thank you for a great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 for the story.

For future stories:

“Imminent” is near or close, as “he is in imminent danger”

“Eminent Domaine” has to do with government confiscation of private property.

Craig

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 2 years ago

I loved the story. Very special.

BUT, it needed an editor!!

mrdata9770mrdata9770over 2 years ago

(10/22/2021) A nice long enjoyable love story. There were a few missed words and grammar hiccups, but nothing that really impacted the story for me. Maybe an editor would be helpful. 5 stars from me.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Another excellent story I just had to read again, I lose track anymore 2nd or 3rd read maybe. I t would be crime to criticize anything because it is a such a good story and so well written, it gave me laughs, smiles and a few tears. What more can you ask after reading a story like this? Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another great story. you never disappoint.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I have a favorite stories list, this is front and center. Thank you Q.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just found you and very grateful I did. Really enjoyed the story and the style of your writing. Looking forward to reading more of your artwork! Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

When B.B. was on the witness stand, I wanted to adopt her. Incredable job. Some proof reading is in order though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

When I started reading and found out it was labeled "romance" , almost stopped reading. I'm a 65 year old man. I don't read romance mushy stuff. Glad I kept going. This was a wonderful story and I enjoyed it immensely. Thanks for sharing.

Frenchy47manFrenchy47manover 2 years ago

Thank you!

Sweet story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damn good story. You"re a good writer but you really need a good EDITOR. The last mistake that really stood out was 2 ring bearers and no flower girl.

Anony Mous

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

great heartwarming story, thanks

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

Nice "feel good" story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
And....

"You" think about your own life and think...."If only..."!

rruymannrruymannover 2 years ago

REALLY GOOD!!!!!!

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensover 2 years ago

Just reread this again. I’ll have to do it anonymously next time so that I can vote again and give it another 5 stars. Please keep writing!

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 2 years ago

When ever I get bored reading other stories I go back to this gem of a story. I don't comment much about stories. I am not a writer I let you do that. Great story

JusteenKJusteenKover 2 years ago

I read quick, I judge quick. If the story is shite I move on. When it isn't I wonder why my imagination is so constricted. Thank you for taking time to put your words out here. Maybe one day.....

tranquilshorestranquilshoresover 2 years ago

Love a well written romance. 5 stars+ for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolutely the most beautiful story have read on here.

Don't stop writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was my second Q story to read. It drew me into all the rest and the depth of the writing leaves me in awe. I'm sure that it is obvious when writers have something really special. It would be a mix of heady and scary at the same time to many - heady for obvious reasons, scary wondering if it was in you to top it. You must be fearless because you have done it countless times Q.

Thank you for the adventure, past and to come!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I've read this story a several times. It always warms my heart.

UncertainTUncertainTover 2 years ago

I love rereading this story, it is one of my all time favourites : )

SDN1955SDN1955over 2 years ago

Well developed and well told story.

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

Excellent story a usual. Loved it! Gotta rate this at 5 BIG FAT SHINNY STARS! Thank you qhml1.

ChiBoy44ChiBoy44about 2 years ago

Great story. Nice character developement. Heart warming story.. The last 4 pages had many grammer errors, it made me have to re-read those areas a few times to spot what was wrong.

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 2 years ago

Great story, I first this over a year ago as an anon, it has lost nothing in the reading a second time around, yes an editor/proofreader would have polished it and whittled a page out of it, but tbh I’m not sure it would improve it any, bar a few grammar/punctuation issues. Well written characters, scenery wonderfully painted and pretty fair repartee between the central characters, it doesn’t hurt that in Ms Diamond and Ed Parker we’ve got a pair of proper bad guys to boo & hiss either, all in all a 5/5⭐️ from me! Thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

LeontheKingLeontheKingabout 2 years ago

I love an old fashioned fairy tale

sentiantonesentiantoneabout 2 years ago

Your such a talented and engaging writer. Great story!

ca_daveca_daveabout 2 years ago

This is the 4th story of yours I have read. While all 4 have had minor flaws they all were well worth the 5* rating I gave to each of them. Thank you for your wonderful writing. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Makes me think of my late husband. Had he had the money, he would probably have used it quite like Harry.

The start seemed quite unconnected to the rest, but otherwise a lovely story. One of those that make me think of subscribing today this site just to follow-up favorite authors.

greasedsilvergreasedsilverabout 2 years ago

Thank you for such a fantastic story of life with a positive epilogue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One of the beat i have read… ever!

Laurentius0150Laurentius0150about 2 years ago

Excellent story. Will read again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Much unlike most stories, this wasn't solely a build up to a wild sex romp. With some serious fleshing out, it could make a serious novel. Excellent, definitely made yourself a fan here!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just read this story for the third time since you wrote it. Still love it! Grateful you have shared the gifting you have for writing with us :-)

Bear9428Bear9428about 2 years ago

This was a wonderful story, I could not stop reading it. Just Wonderful, Please keep them coming.

DuncanitaDuncanitaabout 2 years ago

Damnit,your stories really need to be filmed... extraordinairy good story, would give 10 stars if possible...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Duncanita is totally on point. I totally enjoy your work. THANK YOU!

Be Well and Happy,

Paul

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

a light hearted fantasy is a good way to avoid taking life too seriously. Keep up tghe great work!

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanalmost 2 years ago

made me laigh and cry also good to see a well written adhd charator in B.B. all be it with some good coping skills

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

One of my all time favourites.

JacksducatiJacksducatialmost 2 years ago

Loved this, thank you for entertaining me. I’ll be sure to follow you and read your other works

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well done! I love happy endings!!

Jim

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a really nice story. You are a great writer. Had me hooked all the way through it, and I am not much of a reader. Thanks so much for the time you took to write it, and thanks for the entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You stirred this old man's soul with this one. I laughed and cried and then felt anxious ,all within a moments time. Storytelling at its finest.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The problem with trying to write complimentary comments about a story which everyone recognizes as "outstanding" is that they've all been said before...in the preceding comments already on record.

So..."tender", "moving", "insightful" both in its psychological depiction of adult and youthful love and loss...and in the always beckoning glimmer of "hope" on the horizon, "extremely funny", and all-around downright engrossing such that I ignored all other obligations to read it in one continuous sitting.

Your style of storytelling strikes me as an excellent blending of Mark Twain and Pat Conroy.

Kudos on a "tale well told" and a big "thank you" for an evening spent living another life....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very sweet story, richly detailed. Sure hope H.H.’s editor for “A Summer at the Lake” caught the misuse of the word “imminent.” The phrase is “eminent domain.” Imminent domain sounds like you’re just about to select what to put on the x-axis of a graph…. Aside from a couple like that, this was a most enjoyable read!

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66almost 2 years ago

There really isn't any excuse for publishing a story this badly edited and proofread, some of the sentences as written make no literal sense.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is a masterpiece plot. You know how to hold the interest of the reader. But you need a serious dose of good editing considering the number of words missing, misspelled, etc. I liked that the characters were equal to themselves at all levels: age, gender, activities, etc. In spite of the editing downside, I grant this story...

5*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice story, lots of feelings, but a fairy tale. He is so damn noble all the time, but on the other hand he does not have the presence of mind to step back when he walks onto her at the beginning. Sparing her the embarrassment.

Then: we could not build two churches. What is that?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story with an over dramatic end!!

dasgoodshitdasgoodshitalmost 2 years ago

Can a mod move this to non-erotic please

Master_JonesMaster_Jonesalmost 2 years ago

A wonderful read indeed. I was pleased to see you extend the story past the proposal or wedding.

I do agree with the editing comments, but still an enjoyable read.

I look forward to what comes next.

tonyneatotonyneatoalmost 2 years ago

Thank You Q, Great love story

Runner4069Runner4069almost 2 years ago

Great story as always, thanks for sharing. It was a bit hard to follow who was who at times, and I think you got BB and Sarah got mixed up a few times but it was still an enjoyable read!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Re-reading again, always a feel good story. THANKS.

MADDOGINTEXASMADDOGINTEXASalmost 2 years ago

Every once in a while, I like to read something NOT full of sex and nastiness...this story filled that need today.

I found this to be well-thought-out, if a little poorly written; that distracted from the plot, which was a real shame.

I Do love the the romantic thing...even from the quite-funny (in my opinion) beginning...Sarah thought he was a pervert!!

Five**5**Stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I wish you would right more these type stories

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

A wonderful story, tears at times and also laughter. @nd or 3rd time for this one. I really needed a feel good story and this one did it. 5 stars of course.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a great read!

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

Great story, one I am looking forward to rereading many times

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it. Especially the line about what's worse than a woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wrote my accolades 3 months ago; re-reading has not changed my opinion one whit. For those who have the time, Pat Conroy's books Beach Music and South of Broad will give you the same of feeling that..."I'm home..." as this tale by qhml1. Once again, kudos for an outstanding creation.

RRC2RRC2over 1 year ago

Excellent. Great story and great characters.

The ending comments about the camera (no poison ivy) and the boxer shorts were expected, and obvious, and made the story all the better by wrapping it up in its own good natured tone.

Thank you. I thoroughly enjoyed

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
9006 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories