A Surprising Text Ch. 01

Story Info
Shawn and Maddie become more than friends.
1.2k words
4
6.7k
4

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/24/2023
Created 06/23/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Shawn and Maddie become more than friends:

Note: This is all based off of what happened with me, everything is exactly as I remember it, names are changed for obvious reasons.

2nd Note: This chapter is very slow and not much happens aside from kissing. Chapter Two will have much more action, but I'm setting the story.

----------------------------------

I opened my texts and went to my friend, Maddie. We became friends at the beginning of the school year just around when she turned 18. I had already turned 18 in August, her birthday was in September. I was still surprised that she was even friends with me, I was way out of her league. Maddie was part of the cool kids in high school, going to parties and hanging out. Maddie was beautiful and hot, and I would've loved to be her boyfriend, but I knew I'd never stand a chance with her. Instead, we were friends and we vented to each other when anything ever went wrong.

"Maddie, can I vent to you?" Not too long later, she replied.

"Of course, Shawn, you can always vent to me. What's wrong?" I launched into a whole thing about how I feel like no one really cares about me or loves me. I had been single for my entire life and had been rejected numerous times. I felt like I wasn't important to anyone.

"Do you want me to be completely honest with you? I don't want to ruin our relationship as friends though." She sent and I thought for a second for responding.

"Yes." It took her a minute or so to respond, but I didn't expect what she sent.

"Shawn, I like you. More than friends. I know you feel like no one cares about you, but I do. You really are special and I do like you." I was shocked. I wasn't expecting that. I put down my phone to think for a few minutes. I thought it was actually true until I realized what day it was. April 1st. April Fool's Day. It must have been a prank, I thought.

"Maddie, you do realize what day it is? Is this a prank?"

"Holy shit, Shawn, I completely forgot it was April Fools. Everything I sent is true. I promise."

"Maddie, I'm sorry but I don't trust anyone on April Fools. I trusted Carl and he sent me a fake trailer for a movie I really wanted to come out."

"Lmao, also, I promise I'm not lying."

"How about this, I'll ask you tomorrow and if this isn't a prank, then you'll say the same thing."

"Ok, but Shawn, I promise I'm being true." I put down my phone and started to get ready for bed.

---------------------------------------

I woke up and immediately checked my phone. No texts from Maddie. Instead of waiting for her, I texted her first.

"Good morning, Maddie."

"Good morning, Shawn," she replied. I could sense a tension, even through the phone.

"Sooooo, what you sent yesterday, was it really true?" It took her a while to respond so I started to get worried. What if she says I'm being stupid, or she doesn't want to be friends anymore? I had a bunch of bad thoughts about what she could send rushed through my head. But then, she sent it.

"Shawn, I really really like you. I know you don't feel the same way but I feel like you needed to know. I think you're an awesome person and you deserve love from someone else then your family. You're caring, kind, funny, and amazing. But for real, you're a genuine person and really fun to be around. And also you're fine as fuck."

"Holy, I wasn't expecting this," I sent.

"This isn't going to affect us, right?" Maddie asked.

"Maddie, I like you too. I didn't ever think you'd even look at me in any romantic way. I always thought you were out of my league."

"Shawn, you're not out of my league, trust me." I was surprised by all of this and wanted to talk in person.

"Heyyy, would you want to go to the zoo later with me?" Ughh, that sounded stupid, I thought, she probably can't even come.

"Of course, I'd love to. What time?"

"Would 4:00 work?"

"Yep, I'll see you later, Shawn." Maddie texted.

I jumped out of bed and went over to my computer to but two tickets for the zoo. I didn't do much that day, just sit around until it was time. Finally, 4:00 rolled around and I jumped in my car and drove to the zoo. I met Maddie near the gift shop.

"Hi, Maddie." I said.

"Oh, hey," she said. Maddie had picked nice clothes, a tight fitting black top and some kind of tie-dye pants. I had settled on a nice blue v-neck that hugged my muscles and some black gym pants. We walked around the zoo for a while before we sat down at one of the tables near the meerkats. We sat next to each other and talked. I saw her wrists had multiple scars from when she had cut them, she had a very depressive episode not too long ago. She saw me looking and tried to cover them but I grabbed one of her wrists and rubbed where the scars were.

"You're beautiful, even with these, I promise," I said. I moved my hand up so that we were holding hands. With her free hand, she punched the air with excitement and under her breath I barely heard her say: "yes!"

We sat there for a little holding hands before I finally asked the big question.

"Maddie?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you, do you want to be my girlfriend?" I asked and I could feel my heart racing.

"Oh my god, yes! I was waiting for you to finally ask that! Of course, I will!"

"Well, that was good," I said, my heart starting to slow down.

I looked at my phone and saw that the park was going to close soon.

"Umm, I don't really want to ruin the moment, but the park is going to close soon."

"Oh, would you want to come over to my house for a few hours? I'll just have to make sure my moms okay with it."

"Yeah, I'd love to," I said and we got up and walked out of the park holding hands. We split up and we each took our own cars and I followed her back to her house. I went in her house, met her mother and dog, and we went into her room. We sat there on the bed, talking, but I had something else in mind. I wanted to kiss her but I never had before.

"Maddie?"

"Yeah, Shawn?"

"Can I kiss you?" I asked.

"I don't know, can you? It's a leap of faith." Maddie said and with every word, she moved closer. Once she finished her sentence, our lips were almost touching. I took the leap and pressed my lips to hers. We kissed and I heard "Space Song" playing in the background. I grabbed her waist and pulled her in so I could kiss her deeper. We made out for hours, but soon I had to go.

"I can't wait to see you again," Maddie said.

"Neither can I," I said and kissed her goodbye before heading home.