A Teachers Story Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"But my pants are soaked," Jen whispered.

"I'll walk behind you," I stammered.

I had been all cool and calm the past few weeks, but now that it was time, I was trying not to go into a panic. I was forcing myself to breath deep and slowly, trying to think of one thing at a time.

It was working, until Jen stopped and said "Ooohhhh," and stiffened up, grabbing my hand and squeezed.

Ma Taylor, who was enjoying herself far too much in my thinking, laughed and said, "Oh yea, that baby is ready. But, don't worry my dear, we have plenty of time. All he is doin is letting you know that he wants out."

Coach Rossi appeared out of nowhere and started to ask Jen all sorts of questions. Rossi has a degree in nursing but decided that she didn't like it so she went into education.

After talking to Jen and Ma Taylor she turned to me and said, "I think that you had better call your doctor and get Jen to the hospital. Oh yea, Fitz, call me as soon as that baby is born. Everyone here is going to drive me crazy wanting to know when it gets here."

Jen held Rossi's hand and said, "Thanks Anita."

"No problem, Jen," Rossi laughed, "Now get out of here before anyone realizes that you're leaving. If they see you they will go nuts."

The back of Jens pants were soaked, so Ma Taylor walked behind her and I held her arm as we slowly went towards the exit. I held her and said, "Don't worry love, we will make a quick and quite get away and be out of here before anyone notices that you are gone." YEA RIGHT.

As we got about half way to the exit, I heard someone yell, "Hey, Dr. North." Then it was like the place went wild, The Crusaders started to chant, "Dr. North... Dr. North... Dr. North..." and it was picked up by all of the Grant fans.

"So much for our quick, quiet get away," Jen laughed as she stopped, turned, put one hand on her belly and waved at the team. They went absolutely wild.

We could still hear the chant out in the parking lot. Ma Taylor drove Jen and I to the hospital and Andrew Haney drove my car. Even though I protested, Ma Taylor didn't want the expectant father to get behind the wheel.

We got to the Hospital in no time. Ma Taylor knows Baltimore and I think she learned to drive at NASCAR. Both of them walked us to the maternity ward where Dr Ross was waiting. Ma Taylor and Andrew left shortly after we arrived, but not before giving Jen hugs and kisses and wishing her a quick labor.

We were put into a room and after an examination by Dr Ross; she told us that we should take a hike. Literally, that we should go for a walk. She said that walking was the best thing Jen could do now. It would lessen the pain of the contractions and quicken the labor.

So, we walked, around the maternity floor, the main floor, into the cafeteria, the gift store, back to maternity only to start all over again. We would stop when Jen had a contraction and then continue when it stopped. While we walked we called Ben and Nellie and June and Brian, I would call Marcel and Catherine after the babies were born.

Around 11:30 pm, Jen really started to have contractions. Dr. Ross examined her and said, "Well ready or not here they come."

We went into the delivery room and Jen got into the birthing chair and sort of laid back. The nurses dressed me in those ugly green pants and shirt and put green cloth slippers on my feet and of course a hat and mask. Jen and Dr. Ross laughed when I walked into the delivery room, "You can take the mask off, your not fooling anybody, we know who you are."

The Nurses were giggling. "Thanks," I said to them, and they laughed even more.

I stood next to Jen holding her hand and wiping her brow. God it was terrible and it was wonderful. I hurt when Jen would scream out in pain as the contractions intensified. I would say all of the things that they told us to say at the Birthing Classes. I have no idea if it helped, but I said them anyway.

Then at 12:17 am, we welcomed James Michael into the world. Exactly nine minutes we welcomed his sister, Sandra Lois. Dr. Ross had Daddy cut the umbilical cords. After being examined, weighed and wrapped they were handed to me and I brought them to their mother, my wife, our Jen.

The nurses took photos of the four of us in the delivery room and then in Jens room. It was well after one when we were settled in the room. The children were taken to the nursery and Jen was finally able to relax. We made phone calls to June and Brian, Ben and Nellie and Clive and Lily and now I did call Marcel and Catherine and then Mama and Papa. We also called Abuela Maria and Tia Nadavia. They were so happy; their Jen was a mother and a mother of twins. Tia Nadavia laughed and said, "Well, we would expect no less from, El Hombre."

As she laid in the bed, after all the calls we made, Jen held her arms out to me and I got into the bed with her. I put my arms around her and held her until she fell asleep. I slowly got out of the bed and spent the night in a lounge chair. One of the nurses must have thrown a blanked over me because I was covered when I woke up.

I woke up a little before 6:00 am and called Coach Rossi. "Fitz, did Jen have the baby yet? Are they okay?" she asked.

"Jen is fine and James and Sandra are wonderful and beautiful."

"James AND Sandra, you guys have twins? When did that happen?" she gasped.

"Probably about nine months ago," I answered in a very serious voice.

"Very funny. Wow that's great Fitz, I'm really happy for the two of you. Give Jen my love and congratulations. The kids are going to go nuts when they hear about this."

"Oh yea, after you guys left yesterday, the team went wild, they started to clean up. Seeing Jen and having her wave must have inspired them. Let's see what they do today with the news about the twins."

"Well I better get going, and you have to get back to your wife and the twins. Wow, twins, that's great Fitz. See ya," she finished.

"Thanks Rossi, give our best to the team and tell them we are rooting for them...all four of us. Good luck today," I said and hung up.

When I got back to Jen's room, I found that the nurse brought the twins into the room so that they could be with their parents. She told Jen that she could try to nurse them, but not to expect much as her milk wouldn't come in for another day. But the children could start to suck.

I sat there fascinated. Watching my children suck at Jen's breast. They didn't suck too long, they fell asleep.

Jen just sat there with them in her arms. She smiled at me and said, "Here, my love hold your children. I can see that you really want to."

I took the two precious bundles from Jan and sat in the lounge chair, put my feet up and cuddled with my children. My eyes got all misty as I looked at Michael and Sandra. I could feel them move in their sleep. I looked up at Jen and smiled.

I could see the tears in her eyes. I got up out of the chair and sat on the bed next to her. I gave Sandy to her and I kept Jimmy. As we lay there, a woman's head poked in the door, Nellie.

"Are you guys decent?" she giggled and then said, "Oh Ben the babies are here."

Nellie ran over to Jen and hugged her cooing and ahhing over them. Ben came in and wanted to take photos. We spent the next ten minutes or so posing and having our pictures taken. The children woke up and started to cry, but soon quieted when their mother held them.

Just as Ben and Nellie were leaving, Lily and Clive arrived. Again cooing and photos. They left in the late afternoon. After dinner, when the babies were back in the nursery, Mommy and Daddy sat on the lounge chair and cuddled. Jen fell asleep on my lap and I started to doze.

I woke up when we heard sort of a ruckus in the hallway. All of a sudden Jamal, Charles, Walter and Edward stormed into the room, Edward was carrying a huge trophy, which he placed on the windowsill. Charles and Walter ran behind Jen's bed and started to tack up a banner that read STATE CHAMPIONS – SECTION A – GRANT HIGH SCHOOL.

Rossi was standing in the doorway laughing and shaking her head. She said, "Don't worry the rest of them will be here but they had to stop and see the twins."

The four young men were all talking about the meet and how they blew all the other teams away. They didn't stand a chance and how they were dedicating the championship to Dr. North and their twins.

The rest of the team were herded past the door by the nurses. Most just stuck their head in and wished us the best as we congratulated them. Naturally the Water Rats had to come in and see us, accusing me of holding back on them by not telling them that we were going to have twins.

Slowly things quieted and Rossi started to push them out of the room saying that they had to get home and Dr. North needed to rest. She practically had to drag Jamal, Charles, Kisha and Marissa out. As they left, Kisha said, "Okay Coach, we're goin, but we have to go see our twins again."

I looked at Jen and she looked at me and we both said, "Our twins?"

Rossi was laughing and said, "You bet. The Crusaders have laid a claim on their twins." Then she looked at Jen and said, "Jen, remember when you first started as principal, you told me that you wanted to be part of your students lives, well you are there and they are also part of your lives. Your kids are now Grants Twins."

Jen smiled and said, "I guess your right, Anita, I guess your right."

To be continued, soon I hope.

In response to one of your inquiries, Yes, I am still alive. I apologize for taking so long to get this out. Ssome health problems sort of slowed me down. As I have heard it said, if I knew I would live this long I would have taken better care of my self when I was young. I would like to promise that I will have more soon, but based on the past I can't promise. But, I will really try.

Please let me know if you like it, the comments are very important to me. Again, please accept my apologies.