All Comments on 'A Town Without Honor Ch. 05'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 789 Comments (Page 5)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I think you are all missing the obvious

Look at the number of stories TTT put out, what he committed to - and most importantly - Who he committed his posts to: his friend BlackRandl86.

Then he goes completely silent. Not just with this story, but with others he had started or indicated he was working on.

I think it's pretty obvious that we haven't just lost out on the ending of a great story, we've lost a great author altogether.

Unless someone has proof otherwise, this March 29th will be one year of unexplained silence and I for one will mourn his passing.

Jason

General_OGeneral_Oabout 6 years ago
Sad

I fear that you are right he has seemed to of vanished it’s sad someone promised the last chapter even stating they proofed it

TTT was one of the best writers capturing or minds and pulling us into his stories and we all came to care about the characters if he is gone from here it’s a sad day for all his fans

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

This wanna be writer never should have been included in that first legends day.He is a pathetic LIAR! When will Lit allow minus scores for these assholes?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Bull shit set thru this crap he still loves her this coulda worked out my wife is just like him but we worked it out was hoping for more again BULL SHIT

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Go with a renconcile in nxt chapter call it honor regained

cma68cma68about 6 years ago
The finish, please.

Will you please post the end of this story? Thank you.

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyabout 6 years ago
A really powerful story again!

You definitely don't pull any punches in your tales do you? They're always so emotionally charged, at least the ones I've read and loved. I find your writing rich and full of character with engaging plot and a pronounced pacing that I find lacking in a lot of writers work. This was a great story.

I can see the story just ending here because real life doesn't always get wrapped up in a bow for us but there are a lot of loose ends and I'm hoping there is at least another chapter. I would like Beth to be happy because I do think she was taken advantage of but I don't think Arnold/Honor could ever see her again without seeing what she did over and over again. It shattered the image he had of her however illusionary it was and when she told him that no one is perfect and "she wasn't perfect" I was half expecting him to tell her that she was to him. Now you've written two stories on here that are amongst my "favourites" currently and I'm pretty picky bastard so I really hope you continue creating new and interesting tales for us for a long time to come.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
well

I guess like half of the writers on here you arent going to finish the story.......that sucks

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 6 years ago
With over 400 user-comments . . .

. . . at the end of Chapter 5 of your "Town without Honor" (most of them pleading for a final Chapter 6) you might think that this would spur some kind of response/apology from you. You're a great and valued writer on Literotica. How about not letting us down? Even a short response letting us know that you're not well (hope you get better) or telling us that you have some family issues that have prevented you from submitting the final chapter would be sincerely appreciated by your fans. How about it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Beth, what can I do

Anybody have Beth’s number? I have some work for her

266xxyz266xxyzabout 6 years ago
2nd read a year later from my last comment.

Long wait for chapter 6 but have heard or read TTT has had some issues tho I don't know what they are. Hope he's still alive.

I simply cannot understand why or how anyone can see that Honor is not essentially blameless. She did not make a mistake she made cold blooded choices. After she went to Fred the 2nd time she knew it was over. She's the worst kind of person. Fukkin her inthe ass one last time was good, funny in it's own way. He is a hardass. So what? His actions towards her, the family and the town were nothing but mind. Not only would I divorce her, id fuck with for the rest of his or her life. She had no excuse. Drugs my ass...and blackmail? The whole town knew what was up. Impossible that he would find out. And coming home to see what he saw...his wife,his house.I think he would get off if he had killed the lot of them on the spot. In my mind they sure deserved it...running off and leaving the kids? That was so bad? Well life is hard. Might as well learn that early. I suppose he could have talked to them about why he left but the kids wouldn't get it til they were old...and some how I think she's the one who should tell them the whole story.

I have kids, don't like them, don't love them and don't want to see them again.

I juzt don't understand how people can assess things "fairly" . Scorth the earth. She chose her path so now she's got to walk it. He left her everything and she pissed it way cuz she couldn't handle what she was left, what he did well at, but it's his fault? She even rubbed his noze in what she did...and the whole town knew. Fuck her and fuck them.

Newfies are great people. Come on Janie!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Beth is the real hero here

It was nice she saved her ass for him. Ironic?

10sguy10sguyabout 6 years ago
Wow, this sucks!

I really liked this series as long as it lasted. I actually got really involved with the characters and the story. I didn't even have a problem with the problems others complained about. But for you to just drop the whole thing and leave YOUR fans hanging really sucks. Just thought you should know...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A story without ending

and a writer without honor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nevermind those nay sayers...

Your real fans are still anxiously awaiting a fitting ending... I’ve enjoyed this story because the actions fall within the framework of each character written ( for the most part). With that being said the main character is a bit of a dick but that’s alright because he’s human and fallible and the fat lady hasn’t even open her mouth yet.

— “I pity the fool”

BoomerbillBoomerbillabout 6 years ago
Hubris, not honor

I find little about this man to like. Not too fond of Beth either, but she was drugged and implicitly blackmailed. Almost a classic doom spiral.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
@Anon 03/30/18

Really? Check the date of "It was only a Blowjob" another unfinished tale for your hero. Get comfy waiting for an ending.

GrimmerGrimmerabout 6 years ago
Hmmm

Looking at the dates I might check back in a year or so....

Damn 😕

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
Checking

back in again.

WordcraftWordcraftabout 6 years ago
NO HONOR

Finding out BB was blindsided, drugged, and raped really messes with a woman's emotions, then post partum depression doubles them. BB was right, once Honor knew the full truth, it was an easy excuse to keep walking. Forgiveness is not easy, but it can be done. NO HONOR, because he didn't even try.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Worse

As awful as BB's acts were Honor's were worst . He abandoned his children . Whooly innocent kids . The adults can somehow move on, the kids will be scared for life . Everyreligion I know of teaches forgiveness . All humans need it . BB was contrite, faced him honestly , asked forgiveness & promised the best she conniver to repeat the mistake . Love cn & must survive pain . You pick an easy out by having him find someone new . What guarantee that she won't cheat ?

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 6 years ago
Still . . .

. . . nothing. Not good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Where

Where is the next instalment?

notredame43notredame43about 6 years ago
why is he getting bashed

He didn't cheat, beat her or her kids, didn't neglect her either. if she had an issue why not call him on it instead of trying to " make him jealous" what a crock of fucking shit. And the comments oh he should forgive her yadda yadda like its his fault, Esp the ass who said she was honest and owned up. if she was honest in the first place and said what was bugging her and DIDNT fuck around with two guys they wouldn't be in this place. what blame shifting bullshit. 4 stars though, Finish it TTT

etchiboyetchiboyabout 6 years ago
It’s been just over a year now since this installment of, most likey, the penultimate Part of the story.

I’ve been back probably 10 times since first reading this 5-6 months ago looking for the final Part. I saw someone wrote their own ending. I have a feeling a lot of people might want to write their own ending if a TTT story doesn’t show up soon. I’ve sure thought about it, but realized I could NEVER write up to TTT quality of storytelling. So I sit and wait.... I hope not in vain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Ruined

Not gonna make this very long because the complaint itself doesn't need incredible verbosity.

You ruined the emotional punch of the story with the drug 'revelation'. You basically gave the character an out to escape any feelings of guilt because it 'wasn't her fault.'

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonabout 6 years ago
Great story, great writing...

We miss you, TTT. Sure hope whatever problems you're having will be corrected soon. We would all love to see the final chapter and have the loose ends tied up.

It amazes me that some commenters are thinking Honor is the bad guy. Simply amazing. They think drugs are reason she cheated? Maybe the first time, but she kept going back for more and that's all on her. Period. She's to blame.

For some reason, people seem to think that 'Forgiveness' means 'Reconciliation'. Nope. Forgiving someone is one thing, putting your life, or heart, back into their hands is something else entirely. It's two separate issues, two separate actions. Honor isn't to blame for anything here.

LeedoggLeedoggabout 6 years ago
Lightning...

Am I the only one that hoped she got struck by lightning??? just saying. I am perfectly fine with how this ended. real life shit. Be cool to see a spin off where he was living in Canada with Jane...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I just read the first chapter and read in the comments to not bother with the story because it isn’t finished yet. I came here to check and thank goodness I did. What they did is unforgivable, I don’t care if she was drugged or anything else, the whole town didn’t stop it. They could’ve killed his best friend, that’s the least you could do for someone that was blackmailing himself into pussy, and inviting his brother too. The whole town were paid by this man, getting their kids into colleges by him yet they have little or no regard for him. Again, why the hell did you turn this story this way. Don’t tell me it was the honor way!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great Story

Loved this story I was hoping Beth and Honor would work things out and get back tother.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Need To Finish The Story

Great story. You could have ended here but it needs a more complete ending. I look forward to more.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 6 years ago
Came checking to see if part 5/was up.

Nope. 😢

SorchakSorchakalmost 6 years ago
Been waiting a year now

for the last chapter of this, but I'm pretty sure TTT isn't going to be doing it. This, and one other story, are the last things he posted since March of 2017. And his profile hasn't been updated in over a year, either. A shame, really. I wanted to find out how this ended...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Where's the rest? Can't leave it like this. Can another finish this?

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

I loved this story and I really wish Tx Tall Tales would post the final chapter. The emotions in it were so raw, Honor's sense of betrayal so visceral... ah well, hopefully TTT will finish it someday!

Having reread it recently, particularly chapter 5, I think the ending was being set up so that Honor would leave Beth and go to be with Jane.

There were a few things that strongly hinted at that for me:

"It was then that I realized that she understood this was our swan song."

That scene is too poignant and filled with a real sense of finality. It's their "goodbye fuck" where they screw one last time, before he commits to Jane.

"It struck me that it was the first time in her life that Beth called me Arnold."

Because she's finally accepted that she totally destroyed their relationship... they're done. She's finally let go, freeing him to move on with Jane. The bit about her not calling him Honor being his fault because he left her with the kids for a few months is a distraction. Considering the hell Beth and all his family put him through with their betrayals, him going away to get his head together isn't unreasonable.

Anyway, I'd love to find out how it ends. Hopefully TX Tall Tales is okay...

KRD19254KRD19254almost 6 years ago

This is the very last thing TTT has posted, even his blog site is 2015 dated. No new Amazon E-books since 2016 either.

I suspect he took some of the, over the top, criticisms to heart and lost the heart to write or post his finale as his revenge on stupid commenters - but as he left Part 5 it will take some serous writing to tie up all the loose dangling ends in one last part. I've sent him a number of personal contacts to never hear from him.

So you can harangue him to your hearts content but either he has given up on L or life. This is so much like the total disappearance of JammyJimmy and a few other good writers here.

druss1965druss1965almost 6 years ago
Another waste of time.

Several hours spent reading the story, getting into the characters, slightly disappointed by the drug angle and then....

Another fucking multi - part story without an ending. So sick of these.

matuateneiramatuateneiraalmost 6 years ago
This story ends well where it is

People who want a further chapter do not seem to realize that all of the troubles in Honor's relationships have been resolved. Beth realizes that their relationship has no future but that they can still be friends for their children. Their breakup has sent Honor on a new path that he deserves. Honor's relationship with Janey has greater depth than what he had with Beth, and Janey deserves someone like Honor. They will make a brilliant life together.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Yes

and I'd like to hear about his life with Janey. How about we crowd fund this thing? I'll pledge $100 per chapter for one or two more chapters required to tell us "the rest of the story".

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Next Chapter

It is my understanding that TTT WILL be continuing this story.

PLEASE try to be patient a while longer!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Are you sure sbrooks?

Are you sure TTT will finish this story and hasn't been picked up by Trump's ACE, the Author Control and Enforcement agency, in his crackdown of authors like G.R.R. Martin that never deliver the end to a story?

GrandPaMGrandPaMalmost 6 years ago
Perhaps it's just that...

TTT got himself a tad "judicially indisposed" for a term...?

That'd 'splain it.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Sbrooks

Awesome news! Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Far

The next chapter as been far too long in coming.To stop people wasting their time reading stories with no endings,if after six months from the last chapter nothing is forthcoming,the entire story should be deleted.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Feel free

to delete yourself prissy little smug poindexter.

Myhands316Myhands316almost 6 years ago
I don't understand.

Either the story is unfinished, or I just don't get it. Granted it should have been titled 'A town without morals' but still... you had a good thread going and the it just stuttered to a stop. Nothing resolved, nothing finished, just a bunch of bullshit on how he still loves the cheating cunt and her playing the blame game. You started with a GOOD strong character and then you made him a wimp. Because the only innocent's in this story are the kids. Honor/Arnold, did nothing wrong. He found out that no one in his life was worthy of his commitment and baled. Works for me! What was a great commentary on morals and community values, dribbled off to rubbish and reversed guilt. He owed no one anything after they all stabbed him in the back. Everyone who knew and did nothing is equally as guilty and completely complicit in the affair. He should have put up a editorial on a billboard to let everyone know exactly why he moved on and why their life sucked. That way next time, they might think better about covering up the affair on the man who pays their way. Something about biting the hand that feeds.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Seriously?

I agree. You don't understand. A town without morals would be accurate but it wouldn't have the double meaning. And yeah, the story is unfinished. Read the comments.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonalmost 6 years ago
Still looking forward to the last chapter or two...

Hopefully T3 still intends to finish this story, I'd love to see an ending.

Saw one comment about what a waste of time it was to read a story with no ending - I couldn't disagree more. In one respect, chapter five COULD serve as the last chapter, although I don't believe that was T3's intention at the time and leaving things as they are would certainly be a disappointment to most of us. I'd prefer to see at least one more chapter to truly wrap things up.

Regardless of what happens though, I'll never consider the time spent reading this story - finished or not - as a waste of time. It's a good story, a pleasure to read, and we got enough to know what will probably happen. It's frustrating to find it unfinished, at least in our eyes, but the time spent reading it wasn't wasted.

I'm still hoping T3 will find a way to get the last chapter posted. I'll wait.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Everything Okay?

This chapter is the last thing TTT posted on the sight I fear the author might have some health issue

The NavigatorThe Navigatoralmost 6 years ago
Age difference

"I was nine; she was four." "She was 28, I was 32." Etc.

No one's mentioned this neat trick, but it REALLY added a lot to the plot line. Finally, he stopped doing it and I really missed it where I thought several times it would be a good connector to what followed. It saved a lot of explaining when there was a significant time leap. Very clever. BRAVO!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
@sbrooks103x

If you're talking with TTT remind him to finish also "It was only a BJ" left unfinished since 2014. You have more trust in the writer than I do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I know most of you won't care,,,

But I wrote a chapter 6, and working on a chapter 7. 6 has been published.

I didn't want to write a chapter 7; but everyone seems to have missed chapter 3, page 3 paragraphs 26 through 30, and page 4 the bottom 1/3rd that said Newfoundland was a no-go. So the Chapter 7 I'm working on is about Newfoundland. For what it's worth- $5 for coffee at Dennys and my opinion and stories are worth the coffee.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Yes you did

but it sucked. Maybe even worse than if I had written it.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
@Cogsley

No one asked you, no one gave you permission, you just stole Triple T's characters and scenes for your pathetic act of vandalism. That's all it is, vandalism. What a wretched human. I wouldn't read you if paid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
next chapter

TTT please finish this. It's one of the best written, well constructed stories I've read, and damn it I need closure :)

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
It's In The Works

All, please be patient a little longer.

TTT IS working on ch 6. I have no idea how close he is, but he is working on it, and it will be here.

Please ignore the impostor.

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 5 years ago
leaving us hanging

still waiting on last chapter

geoffgpgeoffgpover 5 years ago
next chapter

Arnold? Beth? Janie? more, soon!!! please

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thank you!

Well written and entertaining as all get out, I look forward to your continuation.

brownmobbrownmobover 5 years ago
seriously please create an alternate enting

please, please, please create an alternate ending, every time (5 times) i have read this i have wanted an alternate ending when all is well, fred/dale end up fucked over, beth ends up being the perfect wife again, they live happy ever after, the rest of the town gets fucked over. please please, please do this

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Honor is a wuss

Honor is not a likable character at all. To begin with, he sees his wife being fucked by Fred and his brother and instead of doing something about it right then he leaves like a coward and set fire to their cars. Seriously? Then he goes around all over the place telling strangers how everybody did him wrong, even though he sabotaged his own company from the beginning to make it fail and left his children, who had no fault, like they were nothing. It's not believable at all that he will fall in love just like that with the other girl and finally given the explanation at the beginning of the story about how their relationship started with BB, there was no logical or believable explanation about her behavior, it seems it was just a cheap plot excuse to make the hero suffer. I have to call BS in this story.

ArglwyddiagoArglwyddiagoover 5 years ago
Great series, more please

I love this series. Please publish another episode or the final episode itf that's what it is.

MalkeusMalkeusover 5 years ago
I'd love to see this wrapped up with a neat bow on top

Finish it, please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fuck this story

Pretty sure we'll all have time to raise our kids to adulthood, watch them have kids of their own, then fucking die before this story gets an ending. No idea why the author decided to quit, but I don't see the fucking point in uploading a story with no ending if that's your grand departure from Lit. I bet he/she's fucking loving the pleas to finish the story, but you know what? Fuck it. It's been too long, built up for too long. 1*

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
So

why does this site allow anon comments? It's not like it costs money to join. Anon, this story came with a money back guarantee of satisfaction. Take it and move on.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 5 years ago
Are they better together or apart?

Here are two broken people. They clearly love each other and can help the other heal. One is stubborn and unbending while the other is lonely and insecure. There is enough blame for the state of their relationship for both of them. Unfortunately, not many people are willing to meet somewhere in the middle to try and fix things. It is a shame that all that would be left are two broken people. The entire series has my 5 Star Rating to date.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Well

I'd say she's broken and he's wounded. He can find another good woman and heal. She's fucked up emotionally and mentally. I'm pretty sure she came into the marriage that way though she probably hid it. He's a much easier fix than her if it's even possible to fix her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I really hope there is a happy ending coming for them. As much as she fucked up, he's put her through equal pain now, in my opinion. Their history alone deserves a second chance. Not to mention their obvious love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
From victim to asshole

First of all, I dislike infidelity and betrayal a lot. I value trust most of all.

I get that Honor is the victim here. His wife cheated on him. That’s an undeniable fact and he has every right to be angry and distrust her. The first few chaps he was fine for me. He was hurting and he needed to clear his head and distract himself. But now I think that he’s just jumping to conclusions here. He only knew she cheated. He didn’t even give her a chance to explain why. He said he can’t trust her anymore so he doesn’t even bother hear her out.

He’s supposed to be smart. He has so much money that he can use that to hire someone to uncover the truth for him. His wealth could buy him a third party’s opinion on the matter supported by facts. I’m sure he could have pulled this off. Instead, he just ran away got a new girl and ready to throw away the 25 years they had. Running away would have been fine for while. But getting a new girl and throwing away 25 years of being together without even talking first? They’re still married. They had a problem. They should talk. Even after knowing a part of what happened that mentioned that Beth was manipulated and was under influence of drugs, he’s still so adamant to break it off with her. I understand he’s hurting. But is it really fine to just break it off without properly facing the issue at hand? Is their 25 years together not worth anything at all to him? She deserves atleat a proper talk. And he needs to get the truth out first.

I don’t like the fact that she cheated. But what I don’t like more is him painting himself as the sole victim here. Beth is a victim as well. It’s not like he’s a saint. He should just take her back and have her gradually regain his trust. It won’t be easy but that is what married couples do. It’s not like she cheated willingly atleast based on what Dave said. Both of them are to blame. One was a workaholic who spends more time with work than his own family. One was someone who gave in to someone’s manipulation. I say they both deseve a second chance together.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago
Re: anon

"Is their 25 years together not worth anything at all to him?"

It was worth everything to him, that's why he was so devastated by her betrayal. Unfortunately, their marriage meant nothing to Beth, as she gleefully destroyed their relationship by fucking two guys repeatedly for weeks!

If she actually gave a shit about her husband, she would have confessed after the first time before it escalated and thrown herself on his mercy. Yes, he might have been a hardass and tossed her out, but one drug-influenced mistake might have been forgivable. How's he supposed to forgive Beth after she turned into a gangbang slut? After seeing her in action, there was never any going back.

Blaming the drugs is a copout, because she was flirting and behaving inappropriately with Fred long before they had sex. Them going out for romantic meals together and him coming around to smoke pot with her behind her husband's back was a huge red flag... she was basically encouraging Fred to have an affair with her.

Beth actually admits that the first time she had sex with Fred was the best she'd ever had (because of the drugs), which is probably the real reason their affair continued. Honor now knows that the best sex Beth ever had was with another man... it doesn't matter that she was high at the time, he'll never be able to compete with that unless she takes ecstasy with him, which is never going to happen.

I agree with the commenter below that the earlier chapters were better, with Honor leaving the fetid town to implode without him. When Beth tried to blame him for her becoming a whore, he should have just walked and told her to go fuck herself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fucking hypocrite

The guy claims he trusts his wife. But does he really trust her????? He only saw the act without knowing the full truth. And a part of the truth even showed that the wife isn’t fully to blame. In fact, Honor is also partly to blame. Even after knowing that, he still can’t trust his wife again. Is his faith in his wife that shallow???? He can’t even give her a second chance????? Honor. He doesn’t deserve such a name. In my opion, rather than being an honorable and perfect guy, he’s a child who can’t see the world as it is and adapt but sees the world as how he wants it to be. He is fucking naive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Re powersworder

I agree that the cheating act of Beth is unpardonable. I was even supportive of Honor tossing her out and hooking up with Jane. This chapter however changed my mind because of the new information.

Regarding Beth not coming clean after the first time. I think Beth has an ingrained prejudice about Honor’s “being right” mentality. She has known him her whole life so she probably witnessed Honor being “honorable” many times. And these experiences have probably developed a fear in her for screwing up and that these experiences have also instilled an idea that being honest with ones mistakes would be punished more rather than have the punishement lightened. There’s no gray area. Kinda like having someone being suspected but without evidence of murder admit killing someone with good reason like protecting somebody else or something but still get punished heavily like being put in death row because the law says so. She even said it herself. After finding out what happened the first time, she already knew it was over. That’s why she didn’t come clean. She knew that despite coming clean, he’ll still toss her out. Her mental state at that time would probably be chaotic so she couldn’t think straight and acted impulsively by deciding to keep quiet.

Regarding continuing the affair. As mentioned by Dave, it was blackmail and further drugs. This doesn’t need much explanation.

Regarding drugs. Pot was the only one she was aware of and was voluntarily taking. All the others were given ro her without her knowledge at first and she consented later on just to relive her guilt. She didn’t come clean when she did it in college as she was afraid of being despised by Honor. She only tried some and as seen in the story, she never became an addict.

Did she like the affair? She liked the sex the first time because of drugs and she thought it was Honor. Dave mentioned this. The second time was she was drugged heavily again. And after that, she was probably blackmailed blackmailed and did drugs willingly as a form of escape from reality to relive the guilt as mentioned. Proof of why she didn’t like it was how she begged Honor not to go on a trip. If she liked it, she would have been indifferent or calm regarding news of Honor’s trip. My guess about why Honor’s family covered for Beth was probably because they sensed something amiss and went with the flow to wait and see.

Regarding inviting the guy for an affair. My guess would be that she was oblivious and she was too trusting. The guy’s status before was “bestfriend” so she trusted him enough that he won’t cause harm to her or Honor. Big mistake. I know. She probably also thought the flirting and teasing was just fun between friends. She also probably thought they were just hanging out. Which is why she never put a stop to it as she thought what they were doing was harmless despite the warnings of Honor’s Family. All these show one thing. She lacks experience in matters of relationships. She was basically Honor’s girlfriend since she was 14. Became his lover at 18 and married shortly after. There were no courtships involved and no seductions as both parties were willing and expecting and probably even planned for everything. In that time, she probably experienced the advances of boys. But in the early to mid teens, those advances are probably still “innocent”. And she probably just ignored them. During her mid to late teens and even into her twenties, she probably experienced adultlike advances but were probably few and were quickly rejected. I say few as it was probably well known that she was already taken and most people considered her off the market except the daring few. With the lack of experience and the trust she had for a friend, she probably thought all was well and was oblivious to how they looked to a third party which led to everyone thinking they are openly having an affair. With the same lack of experience and the trust she had for a friend, she wasn’t able to put up any defenses. She even obviously let down her gusrd.

These are my reasons for nor totalling blaming Beth for cheating. If you put things into persoective, you can see she was defenseless and helpless. Sure, she’s old already and she atleast heard of stories of seductions and such. One might think that with these, she should have known better. In reality though, such information won’t easily come up when placed in such situations. In fact, they won’t even come up since you can’t tell what situation you are in right now. This is because you have now first hand encounters of situations. Furthermore, she thought they were just hanging out as friends so she didn’t go on the defensive.

What’s more, I think both Honor and Beth are noobs when it comes to relationships. For Beth, she’s like a straight A kid who suddenly failed a test for the very first time. She was having a hard time with the subject but because she didn’t want people to know of such a mistake she made for the first time, she decided to get through it without help despite obviously being stupid at the subject. Eventually, word got out and she was scolded more because she didn’t ask for help earlier on. I think this best describes how Beth reacted to the situation.

For Honor, he’s like a kid who has a stuffed animal that’s been with him for so long. However, it broke but still reparable. Instead of repairing it by stiching it back and even reinforcing every aspect of it, he decides to buy a new toy. I think this best describes Honor’s reaction to the whole thing even after Dave shed some light into things which in my opinion should have deserved a reconsideration in replacing Beth and giving them a second chance.

Both of them have their imperfections. These could have been addressed calmly but having that cheating incident occur, everythinh just blew up. They are still reparable in my opinion and it is more worthwhile to have a story of them working on their second chance. It all depends on Honor tho. Perhaps he doesn’t want to take her back as it is contrary to his black and white belief. Well, we’ll know in the next chap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Puzzled

I enjoyed most of this story. For the most part it was well thought out and the writing was excellent, but I am puzzled by a scene that appears in almost every story of this type. I am talking about the scene where the man just can't resist fucking the woman who destroyed his life, one last time. WTF? Do you really imagine that anyone with any self respect would even consider having sex with someone who screwed around with two other men?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I just saw that Txtalltales updated his page on aug 30 2018!can we expect part 6 anytime soon?

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Damn

I hope so. That's great news!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Two fallen heros.

What you have here are two human beings who collapsed under the weight of trying to be perfect for everyone, especially for each other, when neither really knew what that perception entailed.

Their relationship locked when one was 4 and the other 9. So it's no surprise that when push came to shove for each, their actions were those of children.

But they are both adults, and adult decisions have adult consequences. Because of their actions, neither will or should be trusted again.

GioSoloGioSoloover 5 years ago
18 months and counting

Do bet on TTT finishing this story. It’s too open ended to start reading, so save yourself the trouble.

Decal_lastDecal_lastover 5 years ago
Terrific Tale

I was so rapped up in this story it was amazing. Please continue at least to a resolution with Honor, the two women and the children would be wonderful. I felt empty when I saw no conclusion. Although it has been almost two years since the last chapter please give it a go.

chaoddicchaoddicover 5 years ago
Loving it

I may have been wrong about beth and needing to be burnt. At this point she needs healing just as much as honor needs healing. It could be reconcilable except for janie who definitely needs a place with honor...but...wouldnt it be interesting if jane and beth become best friends and brings the healing needed for both of them...id like so see something like that if possible.

266xxyz266xxyzover 5 years ago
Read it several times

One of my all time faves. Wonderful writing pacing etc. I, Aming others, have been waiting for a conclusive ending. I haven't checked out TTT new bio but I had read somewhere in these comments that he was nit well, having some health issues. Yeah TTT, it dies need closure both for the characters and your readers, many of whom need closure too becayse of the way you have written into their hearts.. I'm sure I made several comments regarding this story as well as expressing my well wishes that if indeed you have been ill.... Having said all that I wish to comment myself again...

I am truly amazed at the people who consider Honor as wrong too. People in this day and age are pretty wimpy. They apparently have never made any true enemies. All this counseling and stuff is great if you want to share the blame. I in my 75 yrs have never seen forgiveness is beneficial to the wronged party. The other dag I expressed to a woman in no uncertain words what I thought to be a huge "inconvenience " over a petty piece if paper that needed to be signed before the close of business that day. I wasn't told when I showed up fir an appointment, finished it and left. There was no one in the office area and no one tild me when I got there I needed to sign a piece of paper or I would be billed for a largel amont of money which was covered by the VA. I was ordered to return or be billed fir not sugning a piece if paper fot their paperwork. I'm 75. I'm totally disabled and have been un great paun fir several weeks . I live in Alaska and ir is dark by 1630. Roads are treacherous and I had to return ti the office which is a round trip of about 34 miles...all this because of their policy. My sin was I didnt sign a piece if fukking paper and date it. I trued to tell the lady my problems with this and I could do it the following morning... byt Noooo. Had ti be dine tiday. Told here ok but you're going to be sorry. She was not swayed . When I got there I chewed her a new asshole renunding her if the over $10K I have spent there and she had not even given me a heads up ro conclude signing their treatment plan. It was Policy.. Sorry but im a grumpy old vet and don't tolerate being fukked with by pogues and feather merchants. After the office cleared she told me that I had embarrassed her and hurt her feeling...awwwww. she made an enemy and didn't know it cuz it was only policy. I'm going to fuk with her the rest of my life cuz she represents things and people that I despise. She tild me that I acted like I was "entitled". Well, in fact I am and I earned it toting a rifle around southeast asua for a while befire she was even born. And it continues on tidat by other people. Kids, who sign a blank check and come home in bixes. Nit as many but still they come home. This has been going in since 1950. Same fukkin war just in a different place..

Sorry, git a little disfracted there...peopke tiday have time outd, safe rooms don't discipline their children but are ok sending them off to a war ti protect our "freedoms" and are devastated when their kid comes back in a box or is a junkie, a meth head ir what ever.

A man with out enemies is a man with out character!

Fuk her, the fauthless bitch. She was lonely? What a fukkin joke.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I just finished "A Town Without Honor." This story is the negative image of "The Last Boy Scout." In that series, the hero is rewarded with well-deserved respect and affection by friends, family and women. Unfortunately the real world has other stories. In them the hero is used by people he loves but who turn out to be manipulative, selfish jerks. It reminds me of Hank Rearden in "Atlas Shrugged." It also painfully reminds me of my own family.

I grew up in poverty, but succeeded quite well in life. I got through college debt-free and as soon as I began working, I immediately began to send money home. I thought that is what family did. Today I am estranged from them. The story is too long to relate here, except for a few illustrative incidents. In my late 20s, I was working in Asia, but got the opportunity to spend two weeks in Alabama. I had not seen my younger sister in several years so I set up a short visit to her at college in South Carolina. I flew up Friday afternoon. I had given her my flight and hotel info so she could call me when she was available after classes to meet up. I sat in that hotel room from Friday afternoon until Saturday evening before she finally called. She had been "busy" but she offered to eat a quick lunch with me Sunday before I left. At lunch she admitted she knew I was in town, but she wanted to party Friday night with her girlfriends, then hang out with some guys she knew on Saturday. When I expressed my disappointmen she told me I was selfish since I got to travel the world while all she wanted to do was have some time with her friends. I loved my sister and just wanted to spend a little time with her, have her show me around campus and let me praise her for her hard work. She did not want to see me. That hurt. What made it even more bitter was I bought her car for her, bankrolled trips to Europe for her and was helping to pay for college. She was not alone in betraying my love. My Mom forged my name on credit card and loan applications. My family refused to come to my wedding unless I paid them. After all, I "was made of money." Over time family gatherings became an opportunity to belittle and mock me, dredging up the same embarassing stories of childhood mistakes over and over to have a laugh at me. Now in my 50s, I wonder if my memories of a loving childhood and family were hullucinatory dreams. Although I cut off contact with them years ago they still contact me with demands for money; two in the last few months. One brother in law wanted $30k, the other wanted $29k. Both came with nasty, judgemental phone messages from other family members that I should be less selfish for not ponying up the cash.

That is why this story is so painful. To those critics of this story I can attest it is true to life. To those critics of Honor, I'd say he did just fine. You cut the ties, move on and come to accept that the people you thought loved you hated you all along. Tx Tall Tales, I do hope you finish this story. I prefer your happier ones, but the world is full of sad ones too and "A Town Without Honor" reflects that.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Anon 12/17

Thanks for sharing. Please sign up with a free account and a screen name that we may possibly continue the conversation.

Steve150177Steve150177over 5 years ago
Wonderful story, great fantastic, etc.

It seems likely that TTT will never finish it. So, sad.

So, I guess I can say my say and move on.

1] I really get the motivations of the characters, until Dale told the truth to Honor.

Then; OK he had to sleep on it to let the implications sink in. Beth was drugged. It doesn't matter if we know that usually the drugs we have are not that powerful, sometimes they are. This info should change everything for Honor. It didn't phase him at all. This is not right. Would he have had the same lack of forgiveness if the story was that she was date-rape drugged and raped while passed out and then blackmailed with incriminating videos?

2] My ending ignoring the above and going with the current story line.

a] Honor can't forgive Beth or the town.

b] They get a divorce, with shared child custody.

c] Honor lets the town die, by letting the company die.

d] Not sure where he will find an engineer to send to Canada since all his engineers are tainted by their lack of telling him. But, he will find one and the Canadian comp. will be a huge success.

e] Honor will keep his new house in the old town [I forgot its name]. But, he will mostly move to Canada to marry Janie. They will have 2 kids.

f] Eventually Beth will be her friend. [She shouldn't because without a Janie in the picture Honor *would have* forgiven her (in her opinion, at least) because he told her she had been drugged and so wasn't doing it of her own free will, so in her mind she didn't do anything wrong.] And, she will understand that Honor can't ever forgive her.

g] Beth will carry a torch for Honor to her gave, so I can't say that "they all lived happily ever after."

3] If TTT reads this and finishes the story I hope he lets Honor see the light and forgive Beth. Then, TTT has the problem of Janie. I really doubt that the mass of readers will allow him to have them all become one happy family, but that is my preferred ending. But, then I'm reading this on a porn site so my take on this is colored by the mass of stories *I* have *chosen* to read here.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago
Re: anon

"They are still reparable"

I don't think so.

Beth ruined everything that made her relationship with Honor special. She was his childhood sweetheart who had only ever had sex with him, but now she's a druggie slut who enjoyed gangbangs with two sleazy assholes. If it was just one time with Fred, then maybe Honor could have forgiven her, but she fucked two guys for months (over 40 times!), taking drugs with them and even fucking in the marital bed! He'll never be able to forget a betrayal of that magnitude.

It would take him years to deal with that amount of emotional pain and every time he looked at Beth, he'd be reminded how she totally fucked up their marriage. She also resents Honor for abandoning her and the kids, as well as neglecting her because he was a workaholic. If Beth was truly contrite, she would never bring that up.

Honor might be able to eventually forgive Beth, but he'd never forget the way she had drug-fuelled orgies behind his back. He would never fully trust her again, as the trust in their relationship had been shattered, with her lying to him for months. She also dragged his family into her betrayal, permanently wrecking his relationship with them because of they way they effectively enabled her affair (childminding so she could fuck Fred).

By contrast, if he divorced Beth, he could start a new relationship with Janie. She's a beautiful younger woman who he shared a deep connection with via their love of music. If he moved to Newfoundland, married Janie, and started a new family with her, he'd be much happier. They'd be able to start with a clean slate, having no emotional baggage between them. Janie would be able to help him get over Beth's betrayal and he'd recover far more quickly than being mired in a nightmarish reconciliation with Beth.

It's pretty clear that TTX was angling for an Honor/Janie ending. All the references to Honor and Beth being together "one last time" point towards it.

texxmantexxmanover 5 years ago
Sad but good ending

This story made me sad, mainly for true love wasted. It was poisoned from the beginning. Beth fell in love with Honor because he always took care of things and people, and did what was right. However that made her fear sharing things that she thought he would not like, basically dishonesty. If she had come clean right away with being drugged and effectively raped he would have forgiven her. She threw everything away. Now their lives will never be as happy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Sorry Tx Tall Tales, but this chapter doesn't follow on from the previous four. The first four chapters had an underlying "alpha fucks, beta bucks" theme with a heavy dose of the problem perception plays in determine who is alpha and who is beta.

Two competing biological needs drive women's sexuality: the need to have children with the highest quality mate, and the need to ensure her children are cared for by the best father provider possible. Perception throws a monkey wrench into that process. One woman sees a lawyer as the alpha and the rough-edged family man as the reliable beta. The woman standing right beside her sees the rough-edged man as the alpha and the lawyer as the man with the money. Even worse, a woman's perception of these men can change over time, even if the men themselves remain exactly the same.

You set up the first four chapters to reveal Honor first as a reliable beta provider. Then you revealed the hidden dominant, bad boy (Janie's words) facet of Honor's personality. You then used each of the other characters to express how each person perceived Honor. And then you showed how the false perceptions of Beth and his family devastated him, but how the Newfoundlanders' correct perceptions opened a path to Honor's healing. It fascinated me with it's psychological depth.

Beth holds the key to understanding the early story. Her betrayal of Honor comes because her perception of him had changed from her time as a girl. Growing up she idolized him. He was her alpha. He was her hero. She proudly walked the streets in the sure knowledge that she had caught the best man in the world. Then her perception changed. Once again you set everything up perfectly. Women are intensely influenced by other people's perceptions. Who caused Beth to change her view of Honor? Obviously his sister, his mother and his extended family/townspeople. Honor's sister despises him. No reason needs to be given. Older sisters almost always hold disdain for younger brothers. Honor's mother? More complicated. She has a sexual attraction for him. She constantly signaled this to him when he was growing up. He ignored it. She took this as a rebuff of her desirability as a woman. In her mind she can't figure out why even her son would not want her despite sleeping in her bed and making out with her. Add in guilt for making passes at her son, passes he rebuffed, and her love turned to resentment. Woman scorned and all. You can almost see these two women, Honor's sister and mother, taking little digs at him when they were together with Beth. This would lead Beth to question her perception of Honor's worth. His extended family fed into this process. As written, they perceive Honor as nothing more than a bland, goody-two-shoes, beta-provider. It rankles them that they are so dependent on someone they PERCEIVE as an unworthy worker drone who somehow lucked into running the company. They do not see his hidden, dominant alpha nature. Honor has hidden it behind his "nice guy" facade. He is a nice guy, but that is ALL his wife, mother, sister and extended family perceive. They do not perceive the depth of his talent, drive, machismo and sexuality. Over time Beth comes to accept the extended family/townspeople's perception and her love for Honor turns to contempt. This is real. When a wife loses respect for her husband, her love goes with it and she can become viscous beyond reason. It's because she has "wasted" her valuable eggs to reproduce with a substandard mate. She feels as if he took her for a fool and she hates him. But she may still keep him around to drain him of his resources. Beth does that. She turns sexually from what she now perceives as the low value, nice guy Honor to what she perceives as his dominant, high value (in her perception) cousins. Honor's mother, sister and extended family all agree with and confirm Beth's re-evaluation of Honor by covering for her infidelity.

I loved the way you worked these insights into the fabric of the first four chapters. I loved how you set up a path for Honor's future happiness by giving him a way for his hidden alpha nature to break through his nice guy persona during his time in Newfoundland. Then you blew it in this chapter. This last chapter failed.

I think Tx Tall Tales was a collaborative writing partnership. One person provided the psychological insights. The other person provided the style. I suspect the partnership broke down between the fourth and fifth chapters. Who knows? A disagreement, a death, a retirement, something caused the person who mapped out the plot to leave.

The stylist then attempted to continue the story but without the insight provided by the lost oartber. So we get the crap story line of Beth camping, Beth drugged, etc. These are low quality plot twists tossed into a high quality story. Just flat out dissappointing. Makes me wish someone could help the stylistic writer by mapping out an entirely new version of chapter 5, then continue the story to bring it to the conclusion where Honor has a woman who perceives him correctly, where Beth realizes how much she had but threw away by trusting in the wrong people's perceptions, and where the entire family discovers who the real Honor is, some to their shame and others to a hated if him.

Tx Tall Tales, find someone who can map that out for you, for this and for the rest of the unfinished stories, then apply your ample skills to fleshing out the plot into the delightful stories you have blessed us with over the years.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
Well

that was an in depth analysis I feel unqualified to judge but here it is two years after the last and I find myself returning to hope for more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
First one

First story that’s really bothered me...absolutely true love....and then betrayal. I got into it to much...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

No long speal. Arhole self absorbed know it all. I was hopping he get dead. Only a story not actual folks. LOVE slap hapy papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
This was TTT last writing

We will miss you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
What is honor

The story is well-written, although somewhat long in some instances, such as details of Honor's head-cleansing trips. But, at the end, I had to ask, where is the honor in Honor? Honor does not mean being unable to forgive. We do not know why his wife sinned, and perhaps she had some bout of temporary insanity. But, she thereafter spent the next two years trying to atone for her sins by taking care of Honor's children and the business that he had created, and earned her forgiveness. There is no honor is being so fucked-up strong-headed that one cannot forgive. I view Honor's 2 year abandonment of his children as almost equal of Beth's sin, and yet he expects his wife and family to forgive that sin.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Very Good Story, But a Tad Long

My main comment deals with forgiveness, or lack thereof.

Beth could have told Honor’s mother or her sister what was going on when the supposedly caught her and berated her. She didn’t tell them, which makes me believe she either enjoyed the sex, the drugs or both. Honor was no dummy, so he likely saw the same thing.

As for his mother and sister, they were completely out of line for actively helping Beth cheat. While I could at least understand if Honor managed to reconcile with Beth (but I’m glad he didn’t), mom and sis should be dead to him forever. Absolutely inexcusable what they did to their own blood.

It was a hell of a sad story, but a very good one. I could have done with a little less in the way of the music from the Newfs, but that’s just me. It was definitely a page turner. The first chapter, IMHO, might be the best I’ve read on Literotica.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 5 years ago

Interesting, TTT wrote himself a story with so many dangling ends he cannot finish it. Almost humorous to leave all your followers - dangling for more. Much like JammyJimmy did to all those followers.

Yes, HONOR is fleeting - in authors too.

rfnksrfnksalmost 5 years ago

Waiting for chapter 6 or more

Fantastic story

ewray321ewray321almost 5 years ago
Good Story

Good story but I cant understand with a story this long ( which I like ) why you would spend so little time on the ending. You spent nearly a whole chapter on singing. Then a paragraph on the ending.

Ferdinand5845Ferdinand5845almost 5 years ago
Where's Chapter 6

This story is one of the best I've seen here but I'm disappointed that there's no ending to 2 stories now that I've read. Blackmail Tales and now this. You're one of the best authors on this site. Please keep writing or direct us to where we can find the stories if you're no longer posting them here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
KRD19254

Perfect. I was wrote something like what you said, but my comments were deleted.

BAnde53507BAnde53507almost 5 years ago
Too Bad There Is No Conclusion...

I loved the story but don’t much like Honor. To find out your wife was drugged and not give her a chance. He clearly overestimates his own character. I understand the initial reaction. But when you’re given a cause for a persons out of character behavior and you totally dismiss it, that says a lot about you. In the end he runs from the heavy lifting with his wife and family to go to, what I assume will be a new family. But don’t make any mistakes with Honor. There’s no way back from them.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

I just reread the story and this chapter makes it quite clear they are never going to reconcile. This chapter gave Beth and Honor one last time together, so they could clear the air and part on friendly terms. Everything about the language Tx Tall Tales uses talks about separation: "her" house, their swan song, one last time....

"This is it. Isn't it? It's over. As soon as I get in that damn truck, it's over."

Yep. This chapter was about closure for Honor and about forcing Beth to realise that she had shattered their marriage too completely for them to fix it. Running away to the trail was her subconscious making a desperate last-ditch effort to try and get him to come back to her.

As chapter 6 is obviously not going to be forthcoming, this is how I see it playing out:

Beth and Honor divorce. She gets primary custody of the kids and moves away from the town where she's hated to live near her parents. They sell their houses in the town and whatever was left of value in the business, then leave the ex-employees to their well-deserved fate. The divorce is sad, but they try to keep it amicable for the sake of the kids.

Honor continues to give money to his mother as he promised, but never forgives either her or his sister for the integral part they played in destroying his marriage. If they had warned him when Fred was trying to seduce Beth, he could have stopped the asshole and saved his wife from herself. Instead, they looked after his kids and covered for his wife, enabling her to cheat. They can't blame their betrayal on drugs... and he cuts them both out of his life for stabbing him in the back.

Honor moves to Newfoundland and dates then marries Jane. He starts up a successful new business there, employing the locals and making a name for himself as an integral member of their community. Learning from past mistakes, this time he doesn't let work take over his life, making sure he spends lots of time with Jane. They start their own family, at which point Beth realises that things are truly over with her ex-husband. She meets a new man and is reasonably happy with him, but secretly regrets throwing away her soulmate.

Beth and Honor meet up again at their daughter's wedding 20 years later, and Beth takes him aside to sincerely apologise for all the pain she put him through. She tells him that he never deserved her betrayal and that she will always regret ruining what they had together. Arnold genuinely forgives her, giving Beth peace, and she calls him her Honor again. They part ways and he returns to Jane and their four children, glad that he has managed to find happiness with his new soulmate after all that heartbreak.

The end (finally!)

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
You're killin' me Talls

Flat out killin' me. I need more TWOH

1...345678
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories