A Very Long Journey - Pt. 01

Story Info
A man totally unsuspecting and unprepared, takes a trip.
13.6k words
4.7
8.6k
15

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 02/07/2024
Created 05/17/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: This is to be a three part story. There are many story categories into which this story might be assigned. Given this I settled on placing it in the Novella/Novel. Thanks to Sam for your help and insights when editing this story.

All Characters participating in sexual activities are 18 years of age or older.

I hope you enjoy it!

A man totally unsuspecting and unprepared, takes a trip of a lifetime.

This trip had been long in the planning. For more than six months, two friends and I had been studying maps, searching the internet, calling guide services and meeting over many brews to plan our trip.

We were sure we had everything arranged. The plan was set for us to leave home on the third weekend in June. We would be heading North, traveling on the Interstate rather than the more scenic route. We wanted to get into the fishing as soon as possible.

We planned to meet a friend in Pinedale, Wyoming and float on the area's streams, including the Green. Then the three of us would continue our trek north fishing streams along the way. Our final stop would be Jackson, Wyoming. Here we would fish and float the Snake River beginning in the Grand Tetons National Park and float down stream to Jackson.

If fishing was good we would do the same float again, otherwise we would float other sections of the River. We built some flexibility into our plan. If the fishing were fantastic we would have time to stay longer in any location. We were to be back home by the fourth of July.

Rob, Kyle and I had long been fishing buddies and have gone on many fishing trips together. We had met through our having each joined the same fishing club in our mid-twenties. Once we discovered one person pontoon boats we couldn't be stopped. We limited our adventure only by our imagination and of course time and money.

Time is always a premium and our trips didn't cost very much as we already owned all our equipment. Sometimes we would camp, others we would stay with friends and motels were always an option. The only other real expense was gasoline but split three ways even though it didn't break any banks. We cooked our own meals sharing the task. We always had Rob make the breakfasts as he seemed to be the first to wake in the morning. His breakfasts were both imaginative and amazing. Kyle and I would split up the dinners with lunches being sandwiches, chips and fruit that we could eat on our boats.

The primary limitations on our time were of course work and family. Work is work, it was a matter of scheduling vacation time. Families were a little more restrictive. Kyle was married and had two daughters both in high school. Rob has a live-in girlfriend. I never asked why they were not married. The two of them have been together for as long as I have known them and that is at least 10 years. I have a wife, Debbie, and two daughters as well but my two daughters are six and eight.

Our wives and girlfriend understand our need to get away and have our adventures with the fish but scheduling is always an issue.

The trip began well. We left home early on Saturday morning. Rob drove his SUV pulling a trailer with our three boats on it. The drive to Pinedale took a large chunk of the day but we arrived early enough to take our friends and host out to dinner. Jerry and Sarah are long time friends that have offered their spare bedrooms and couch for us to stay. Jerry would be joining us on our three days of floating the area streams. Even if the fishing were to be fantastic we didn't want to overstay our welcome so we have agreed in advance that this part of the trip would be three days only.

We enjoyed catching up with Jerry and Sarah during our stay and the fishing was pretty good. The Gray Drakes, a mayfly, was hatching and the trout were keying on them. We caught mainly Rainbows and Browns with an occasional Yellowstone Cutthroat or cross taking our offerings.

We floated several sections of the Pine and the Green. Both fished well. It looked like this would be a good year for the trout. Looking east one could clearly see the snowpack was still heavy on the peaks in the Wind River Range.

Our plan called for us to leave Pinedale early and drive north on highway 191. Our research told us that there were many small streams that came out of the mountains and crossed or came close to this highway. Our plan was to explore these streams on our way to Jackson. If we found a gem we would stay for a while.

We didn't get on the road as early as planned. Sarah wanted to give us a send off with a large breakfast. We left floating in coffee and a great number of added calories. When we finally got on the road we soon crossed the Green but decided to continue on, seeking some smaller streams. We later did find a stream near the highway and stopped to explore.

We put on our waders and boots as we didn't know what conditions we might find. On these small streams we would take turns fishing. That way we would both learn from each other's experiences and share in the adventures.

Five casts or a hooked trout landed or not would end your turn. We would rotate fishing as we moved up stream. We were having a great time catching only Yellowstone Cutthroat Trout. These were in the 9 to 14 inch range. They were plentiful enough to keep our interest high. After we had hiked and fished up the stream for about a mile or so, Kyle hooked into a trout that wasn't typical for this stream. What we saw suggested it would run in the 20 - 25 inch range.

It ran and jumped and showed itself to be both very strong and very creative in its battle. Rob was finally able to capture it on the net. We took photos, laughed and celebrated a lot. We then released the trout back into the water.

We noticed that the sky had become a bit overcast and there was even some ground fog hanging over the stream. These are perfect fishing conditions. It was Rob's turn now. We walked higher on the stream to get to water that hadn't been disturbed in the battle with the large trout.

We all saw it at the same time, another large trout sipping bugs off the surface. Rob threw his fly about two feet upstream of the sipping trout and we watched and waited. The trout cooperated and came up to take the fly and again the battle was on. As Rob fought this trout Kyle and I were not quiet. We were having a great time. Again the trout was brought to the net followed by photos. Again the trout was returned to the water. We were amazed at the size of these trout. Usually any trout of this size is poached by the fisherman, taken home and mounted so that the bragging could begin.

It was now my turn. I too hiked further up the stream looking for water that hadn't been disturbed by the previous battle. I was looking for a hunting trout that would take my fly. When I found him the fog had gotten even thicker. I cast my fly upstream of the trout, waited and watched. The trout took my offering and the battle was on. Rob and Kyle began to whoop and holler.

My concentration was on the trout so I hadn't noticed but Rob finally got my attention. "Pete, Look left!" I looked. What I saw took me totally by surprise.

Standing in the mist were people. They appeared to be just as startled as I. My perception was that there were four individuals dressed in what appeared to be native dress. Buckskin with bows and arrows in hand. When one of those arrows whizzed past my head, I turned and ran.

I only got two or three steps into my escape when I felt something hit my left thigh. It didn't hurt immediately but did cause me to fall. As I fell I could see Kyle and Rob running ahead of me, then I lost sight of them as I fell into the sage brush. Pain shot through my whole body as the arrow shaft was caught by the sage brush, twisting the head buried in my thigh. I think I passed out for a time, at least a few seconds. As I came to, my brain was saying, "What the Hell is going on?"

I then realized that there were two people standing over me. One of them rolled me onto my right side while the other drew a knife. I thought I was about to die. My eyes fell on the blade and I realized that it was made of stone. My waders were soon in shreds then the knife was jabbed into my thigh at the arrow entry point. Pain shot through me and the arrow was pulled out. Blood came out with the arrow but in my pain racked mind the thought that it wasn't too much blood registered. I passed out again.

This time when I awoke, I was being carried. The pain wasn't allowing me to think too clearly and the bouncing created with each step ensured the pain was ever present. In the fog of my brain I think I may have seen Kyle being carried by others but I wasn't too sure. I have no perception as to the passage of time nor of the distance traveled. I only subconsciously knew that we had arrived at our destination. I was again on the ground and it was dark. My body continued to feel pain, lots of pain and my mind continued to work. What wasn't clear was whether what I was experiencing was real or not.

I know I dreamt or had visions. I saw my wife, Debbie and my two daughters, Hannah and Rachel. I thought about my arriving home to their hugs and kisses. I dreamt of being staked out in the sun by my native captors and of an angel bringing me water. The angel helped me to drink water then took a cloth and wiped my body down with this cold water. I was so very hot. I would also smell flowers. The angel would pour water over my head and over the rest of me. Sometimes my wife would bring water and bath me in the cool water. In my dreams my captors at times would put me in a snowbank and I would become very cold. My Angel would then lie down beside me and use her body heat to warm me. Sometimes my wife would come and make love to me. Sometimes My Angel would lie down with me placing her warm naked body against me. She would then warm me by rubbing her hands over my cock and fondling my balls. I felt very confused.

I didn't know if I was in a dream state or if I was awake. When I was in what I think was an awake state, I would be laying on the ground but it would be on a bed of furs. There was a fire nearby that was small with the smoke going straight up and through a hole that was bright and blue. I think I was in some kind of building. Sometimes I would see people moving about. I would sometimes see a beautiful woman who had long black hair and wore what I think was a buckskin dress or robe.

I would study everything around me with great concentration. I would often, however, feel myself become tired and begin to drift off to sleep. I would then enter a dream state. At least that is what I named my states of mind. I was trying to make sense of things. I began to notice that my wake states seemed to become longer. I also noticed that during these times the pain in my leg seemed to be lessening. I would attempt to move my legs. The muscles were always stiff but seemed to limber up after some movement. Once when I attempted to roll over, a hand, the hand of an angel pushed me back down.

I lay there on those furs and looked up into beautiful eyes. There wasn't enough light to see their color. I could see the slight smile and I could smell flowers. I could feel her moving near my head. Then she began to lift my shoulders and as I moved toward sitting up, I felt her adjust behind me. I didn't reach more than a 45 degree when she pulled me back down. I found myself laying back on her folded legs with the back of my head resting on her chest.

Her arms came around me, her left holding my chest and her right holding a bowl. She brought the bowl to my lips. She poured the liquid from the bowl into my mouth. To my surprise it tasted like chicken broth. It was wonderful but also told me that I was very hungry. I drank the bowl empty and sought more, but it wasn't forthcoming. I didn't know how to ask for more but somehow knew I had communicated my wants to her.

She smiled as she moved and helped me back down to the floor. That incident really energized me as I wanted up and out but when I tried I discovered little energy and lots of pain. My mind however was going a hundred miles an hour. I began to explore my environment with my eyes. I realized that I was in a structure with polls and animal skins covering them. In my world it would be called a Tepee. I wasn't sure what world I was in. I looked around and saw what appeared to be other bedding areas. There must be other people who sleep in this same tepee.

My bedding area was closer to the fire pit when compared to the others. Their bedding was closer to the outer perimeter of the tepee. I couldn't determine the number. I felt confused knowing others lived in the tepee but I don't recall hearing any talking. The thought hit me that I needed to take an inventory of what I knew about my situation. I knew we had been fishing less than thirty miles north of Pinedale. I knew it was the last week of June. I knew that I had been shot with an arrow and Kyle had also been captured by these people. I didn't know anything about Rob. I wonder where Kyle is now. A shiver ran through me when realizing that this was all I knew.

That evening I was again served Chicken broth and in the same manner. The steam rose off the bowl and the smell was wonderful. I enjoyed both laying on My Angel's legs and the broth. This time as I laid back on the furs, I began to notice other people coming into the tepee. Each of them took notice of me but when they realized I too was taking notice of them they averted their eyes.

There was an older couple that took their place on the side of the tepee toward my feet. A young couple who took their place on my right. I noticed that they moved about and readied themselves for bed very quietly. There was another woman who was to my left. I didn't see her well enough to know anything about her.

My Angel tended the fire and then laid down beside me. I was thrilled. She didn't lay close or touch me but I liked her presence. My mind couldn't relax and many thoughts were running around without conclusions or answers. After a time I began to notice movement to my right. I turned to better see what was happening. It became clear that the young couple were warming up for love making. They were under their furs and I heard no sounds other than rustling but it was obvious what was happening.

I felt a hand on the side of my face pushing. The clear intent was to turn my face away from the young couple. I rolled over onto my back and continued over to my left side so my back was to the love making. I was now looking at Angel. This was a much better view. I could only see her face in the dim light but she is beautiful. Her features were very fine. Her eyes were closed, her nose small and her lips pert. I concluded that she must be in her early twenties. She couldn't yet be twenty-five.

My mind wandered back to the lovers. I listened to the noise created by their movement. Taking in this data, I figured out that when people live in close quarters they must learn to give each other as much privacy as is practical. In this culture, it wasn't polite to watch. That didn't prevent me from continuing to listen. Based on what little sound was coming from the lovers, I could still determine what was happening. I knew when the young man came. It was all based on the rustling of their coverings and some quiet grunts. Given the little sound generated, my conclusion was most definitely thin on data, but I don't think the young lady reached her climax.

When I awoke the sky was bright, the tepee was empty of people and I was hungry. I also need to empty my bladder. I began to attempt to get up but then Angel entered the tepee. She had another bowl of something which I hoped contained more than broth. I didn't know any other way to communicate my need so I placed my hand over my groin and looked pleadingly into her eyes. I saw recognition. She reached to the side for something and then pulled the furs aside. She grabbed my penis and put it in the bag she had picked up. I knew I was going to make a mess so I rolled over onto my right side. I felt my cock reacting to the touch and concentrated on relieving myself so as not to get an erection. Both tasks turned out successfully.

Angel took the bag outside and didn't return for some time. When she did, she again raised me up and fed me. I was feeling much better so I even took the bowl and drank it on my own.

Several days passed in very similar ways. Sometimes the woman that slept alone in our tepee would help Angel with my care. This was especially true at bath time.

One morning after having the first meal of my day. I decided to get out of this tepee. I ended up crawling over to the doorway and crawled outside. I didn't have any clothing so I took a fur with me to both sit on and to wrap around my bottom half. My top half would just have to be exposed to the world. I then sat down on the ground just outside the door.

I began to look around and take in all that I could see. None of the people seem to pay any attention to me. It didn't take very long to draw a number of conclusions. This camp was temporary. There were many indications that these people hadn't been on this site very long. The people were not what I would think of as a tribe, this was more of a band. I know that I didn't see every one but I would be willing to bet that there were not more than twenty in this group and most of them were women and children.

I did see some men but not many. There was the older man and the young man from my tepee. I would put the young one at not more than eighteen while I guessed that the old man was in his forties. I saw two men who were a bit older than the young man of my teepee but the rest were young teenagers. I saw some women maybe as old as thirty and as young teens and children.

There was no one who was overweight. The lack of food and the strenuous exercises kept these people slim and very fit. I am sure that the hard life also aged them more. I didn't know why they were on the move or why there were so few men and based on what I saw, I knew this group of people was in trouble.

The next morning after breakfast, Angel handed me two items that I hadn't thought about. The pair of shorts I had on that day under my waders and my fishing shirt. It felt good putting them on. She was fascinated by the elastic in the shorts.

Today when I went outside the tepee, people seemed to notice. Apparently they had noticed me previously but due to their culture avoided me seeing them watch. Today they couldn't help themselves. The young girls couldn't hide their laughs. I am sure they were seeing a strangely dressed man with very white legs.

Today as I sat in my spot I counted four tents or teepees in total. I wondered in which was Kyle. With lots of pain I managed to stand and began to walk with the intent of finding him. I walked to the nearest tepee. The doorway was open and I could easily look in. There seemed to be enough light entering that allowed me to see that Kyle wasn't in this tepee. I then began to walk or more accurately to limp to the next tepee. That is when Angel came and placed my left arm over her shoulder to help me.

Together we checked out the other two tepees. No Kyle. I looked into Angel's eyes and saw sadness and I knew. The gut wrenching feeling inside me caused my legs to collapse. I didn't hit the ground and tear open my wound only because she caught me. She then helped me to slowly return to our tepee.

When I got there I just rolled up into a ball and lay there. I thought of Kyle and his wife and daughters. I thought of my wife and daughters. I wondered what they thought happened to me. How were they doing? How were they going to survive? What would their lives be like now without me? I was miserable.