All Comments on 'A Very Shameful Punishment Ch. 41'

by lesliejones

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
JackDoodleJackDoodleover 2 years ago

Honestly this story could be unproved with a small allowance for Kate to speak her peace about her reasoning which lead her to taking the actions she did. Think about it, this is the first officer to be sent to the center since Kate took up her position here. Officers screwing up badly enough to merit being sent here is apparently rare, yet logic would dictate that younger/newer officers are more likely to need it. So by that logic with this being her first instance of this happening who knows how she would treat other officers, everyone is so concerned with the "appearance" of favoritism they forgot that with holding an action you would otherwise take to avoid the "appearance" is a form of favoritism that is actually worse. Kate would not have been put in the position she is in if she was, as everyone seems to assume, a naive little kid still. The jumping to lecture and punishment without opportunity to explain herself and her thought process is proof that they believe this.

So I will say it again, the story would have been massively improved had she been given that opportunity.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlesliejones@lesliejones
leslie jones is une femme d'un certain age, i.e., in her 40s, used to practice law, is defiantly bi, travels all over the world as a consultant, and enjoys lots of things she probably shouldn't.