A Wife's Fall Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And why can't you?" Maggie asked with this rather amused look on her face when he said that.

"Because I don't know why, how can I answer something when I don't understand it?" Wane shot back with a pointed look that I caught from the corner of my eye.

"Then lay it out for me, say if you left Betty on the off chance you do divorce do you think you'd ever get remarried?"

"No." How my heart raced when Wane utteredthat one word.

"Then let me rephrase if you do divorce, would you ever date or sleep with another woman?"

"No." My nostrils flared, knowing as fucked up as I am, I am the only one that Wane truly wants, even if he can't realize that due to what he is.

"Wane, why is that? Surely you would; you are a man after all unless you're smooth as a Ken doll down there."

"Because I don't have the urge to sleep with other women, and no, not men either before you get perverted on me."

"Then tell me, Wane, if you don't have that urge, then why was that big titty woman flaunting those things at you when I showed up at your work?"

"I don't know; she came onto me, not the other way around."

"Surely you had to give off some sign that you were interested for her to flaunt her body at you?" I wondered if backing Wane into a corner was a wise idea on her part.

"No, see, you're assuming things. I did no such thing other than being good at my job." I glanced over at my husband as Wane crossed his arms and leaned back against the sofa.

"Betty, let me ask you, why do you think Wane isn't interested in anyone else?" Maggie asked of me; I noted that amused look in her eyes when she did.

"Because Wane loves me, I know he does. You might not understand his version of what love means to him; I do," I said, feeling Wane's eyes on me. "And the thought of being with someone else never once enters his mind. Unlike me," I sighed, reaching over and laying my hand on Wane's thigh. "I will be forever sorry that I allowed my obsession to ever put us here. I hope in time that you will forgive me, not now, but in time. I promise I will never be that stupid again!" I stated with a firm nod.

"And when your sister whispers for to you to go slut around again, what then?" I heard the accusatory tone in his voice.

"Then I will toss her ass out myself and ban her from ever stepping foot here ever again," I said with conviction.

"Will you now? And you couldn't do this before?" I turned to face him, seeing that look in his eyes as I did.

"I can't explain it, Wane. All throughout it, it whispered to me. Taunting me. Telling me to give in that you would never know, but we know how that went. When Celine was talking to me, telling me I had to do it if you weren't going to. That I had to know what it was like and it wouldn't hurt you. That it might make our marriage stronger." I noted how his eyebrow rose at that. "I'm not saying what she said was right, just laying out what had transpired is all. And my obsession with the act, not the people in it, blinded me to the consequences I would be facing if I went through with it."

"And now? Is that little obsession whispering to you as we speak?" I heard and felt the harshness of his words stinging my heart. Not that I could blame him, Wane had every right to be suspicious of my actions. I did, after all, put us on this path.

"No," I replied, shaking my head.

"Tell me, Betty, why don't you hear it any longer?" I turned my gaze to Maggie when she asked that question.

"It died the moment I saw Wane standing in our kitchen when he looked at me like I was no longer a part of his life," I said truthfully. Noting how she was quickly writing down notes like she has done ever since we started this.

"Let me ask Betty, do you feel like that voice will ever come back?" I knew Maggie asked me this for two reasons. One: she was looking out for her brother, like the good sister she was to Wane, and two: to show Wane that part of me had died the moment I stood on our porch the morning after my fall from grace.

"No," I shook my head. "If it ever does, I'll inform Wane the moment it does so I will never hurt him like I have already done."

"So, Wane, do you feel like you need to get even with your wife for the transgressions she has caused?" I dared not look back for fear of what I would see in those eyes of his. I couldn't prove that Wane had a hand in Sean's and Dean's deaths if they were dead and not just missing. Yet, I knew if I looked back and if it was in his eyes, I would know. So I chose to remain ignorant.

"Like?" I saw Wane rolling his hand from the corner of my eye.

"Having an affair or affairs, having your own threesome, getting even with the men that Betty cheated with?" I wondered where Maggie was going with this.

"No."

"And why not? I know for a fact you've done so in the past; why not now?" I turned to look at Wane when Maggie asked that question.

"Because it would be pointless." Turning my head when I heard Maggie opening up our wedding album.

"Then tell me, why are these two men dead?" My heart grew still at the news articles of Sean and Dean's deaths staring up at me when Maggie laid the two printouts on top of the picture frames. Feeling Wane leaning forward, I noted how he kept his face emotionless as he looked at the two pieces of paper.

"How would I know? Maybe they bit off more than they could chew, or that some husband of a wife they've been fucking wasn't going to put up with being a cuckold." I didn't know if that was meant for me or just in general, given their history of sleeping around on their own wives.

"Wane, as your sister, I need to know. Did you kill them?" Maggie asked in an accusatory tone.

"Kind of hard for me to kill them when I was at work at their times of death. Says here one was shot through the window of his motel some distance away, and the other's car exploded. Have you ever known me to handle a gun or know how to rig a car to explode?" Wane shot back with his own accusatory tone.

"You could have hired someone."

"Are you hearing yourself? Do you think I have the cash to hire a hitman to kill two men? Do you think I make that kind of money working for the city? Pray tell me, o' wise doctor, where exactly would I ever meet a hitman?"

"You work for the police. You could have easily gone down to the jail and..."

"Really, you think so low of me that I would go down to the county jail, talk to some strange con, on the off chance he gets out early enough to put this all into action. Much less know where these two asshats were staying at. Do I have to remind you that visitors to the jailhouse are monitored, and I would have to sign in? That would leave a trail right back to me, and if I had a hand in their deaths, you really think I would be sitting here right now?" I heard the coldness of his tone when he addressed his sister. "You think they would have the skills to rig a car to explode or shoot a rifle at a distance that the motel visitors that this ass was staying at didn't even hear the shot? No. None of those people are crafty enough to even do that. No, they would walk up and do the deed in person. Not this." I watched how his hand waved over the news articles.

"Then why were you suspended if you had nothing to do with their deaths?"

"It's standard procedure, so the cases they're working on can't be thrown out at trial. Anything else?" I heard the slight annoyance in Wane's voice, yet I couldn't decern if he was lying or not.

"Yet you feel nothing knowing they're dead?"

"Should I? They got what they deserved. Nothing more to say." I saw Wane waving off his sister. I knew Maggie didn't buy it, neither did I.

Moreover, I wasn't about to bring it up, not that I could prove that Wane had a hand in their deaths. I just knew if I pressed him, then I could say goodbye to this marriage, that wasn't happening, not now, not ever! "You done accusing me of murder without evidence?" I didn't know who that was meant for Maggie or me, or both, when he asked that question.

"Fine, Wane, I won't bring it up, but if you did have a hand in this, I won't help you any longer," Maggie uttered, giving out her ultimatum.

"Didn't ask for your help in the first place." I heard the dismissiveness in Wane's voice. I also saw the look Maggie was giving her brother.

"Well, we certainly got sidetracked, didn't we?" Maggie asked after a few minutes of her and Wane staring at one another. Seeing how she was trying to lighten the atmosphere with that smile she shot me. "So back to the photos. Wane, Betty, I want the two of you to look through all of these," gesturing to our coffee table, "and choose only one to put on that wall," Maggie stated, pointing over her shoulder at the bare wall behind her.

"Why?" Wane asked before I could.

"Why? I guess an emotionless robot like yourself, brother of mine, can't understand the emotional connection these pictures have, at least to Betty they do." I nodded vehemently at that. "As we work to restore the foundations of your marriage, I want you two to place one picture up there to show each other that if you two work together, you two can repair what Betty damaged."

"Please, Wane, I know this is hard, but we can do this if we do it together," I stated when I turned to look at him.

"And you think putting up photos is going to help fix something you willingly destroyed?" Wane asked in this quizzical tone of his, telling me he was trying to understand.

"I do because it will force us to remember how good it was before I had my fit of insanity," I nodded firmly.

"Very well." I knew it wasn't directed at me just to get this session over with. I knew Maggie had pushed some of his buttons when she asked about Sean and Dean. Now whether or not Wane had anything to do with their deaths, I didn't want to know.

"What about this one, Wane?" I asked, holding up the framed picture of the trip to the beach we had taken on our first anniversary.

"Didn't you get sick the second night we were there?"

"I did," I agreed, feeling my cheeks heat at the fact he remembered.

"So why that one?"

"Because don't you remember how you took care of me all that week in our hotel room?" I asked, seeing his nod. "You remember how good you were to me the first night as that bout of food poisoning raced through me that I couldn't move from around the toilet all night long?" Again, I was met with a nod. "A person who doesn't love someone wouldn't put off spending time exploring the beach and everything in-between to take care of his sick wife. This is why I think this should be the first one to be restored to the wall."

"You sure?"

"Very sure, Wane," I nodded sternly. Seeing how he held out his hand for the frame. Which I gladly handed over, giving how I knew this was his way of saying: alright, we'll try it her way, for now. Watching Maggie turning in her seat as Wane walked towards the wall with the picture frame in hand. Feeling my heart flutter as that moment in time once again graced the very spot it once held.

******

~~~Wane~~~

I stood in my pajamas the next morning. Seeing those rosy cheeks of my wife as she prepared to head to work. Making a mental note to myself to call my Captain to see if I would be in trouble or not if I went out of town but still within the state while the investigation was going on. Flashes of the paddle striking Betty's ass filled my mind as my eyes dipped low as it moved beneath her skirt as she poured herself a cup of coffee to go. Recounting the moans that emanated from her lips as I fucked her from behind. Whether my sister heard it or not, I didn't care if I had to make my sister uncomfortable by hearing our loving making to get her out of my house. It was just a sacrifice I'll have to make.

"So, Wane, what are you going to do today?" Betty asked as she stirred her coffee before placing the traveling lid on it.

"Haven't a clue," I admitted, pouring myself a glass of orange juice.

"Well, do you think you could get a duck today?"

"You really want that?" I asked, knowing it was going to take the duck twenty-four hours to marinate in the syrup to get the duck's skin that nice color on it before it's roasted.

"I do; I've always wanted to try it," I noted the bashfulness on my wife's face as she brushed a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Alright, I guess," I replied, rubbing the back of my head. I've only seen it done; I've never actually made Peking duck before.

"Wane?"

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"We're going to be okay, aren't we?"

"I think so," I nodded. Seeing Betty smiling at me when I said that.

"Then maybe I can get a goodbye kiss before I leave?" Betty asked as she moved around the center island of the kitchen.

I knew I ruined her lipstick with the kiss we had just shared, yet Betty didn't seem to mind when she had that dreamy look in her eyes. Hearing her sighing in contentment as she rested her head against my chest. Rubbing her back as I pondered if I would kill my sister during the day or not, given how she just wouldn't shut up when I got home yesterday. Waving to my wife as I stood on the porch watching her back out. Wondering if the mother of the family I had stayed with was up at this time of the morning in China.

******

~~~Maggie~~~

God! They fuck like animals; why did I agree to stay here until they were good? How I miss Griffin. I thought my parents were bad when we were growing up; Wane and Betty took it up a notch. Maybe I should go buy some earplugs so I can actually fall asleep at a decent time instead of one in the morning. When I got up at nine that morning, the house was empty, and both Wane's and Betty's cars were gone. Which was strange seeing how Wane didn't have to go anywhere. Since I had the house to myself, I and the shower head got reacquainted. How I needed that. Maybe I should go home when they leave for their trip. I know Griffin was getting a tad annoyed that it has been nearly two weeks that I've been here, and still Betty and Wane weren't at that point where I felt it was safe to leave them on their own.

I was just finishing one of my video sessions that I've been doing since I've been here when my cell phone rang. "Hello?" I answered without looking at my phone as I made notes in the patient's file I had just seen. I was happy that the woman was moving in the right direction in her treatment. Although she would never be released out into the public due to how dangerous she was when she went off her medication, as she normally did when she was always kicked free from whatever hospital she was in. Only to have another assault or stalking charge brought against her. However, this time the woman went too far and killed a man. This could have been avoided if the hospital and doctors that had taken care of her realized just how dangerous she was instead of kicking her to the curb when the family's insurance failed to pay for her extended care. It wasn't really her fault; I might too snap like the woman did if I lost a son like she did.

"Hello, sexy." My body heated at the sound of my husband's voice in my ear.

"Griffin?!" I stammered like a love-sick fool. What can I say? That man has charms that can make my pussy melt in five seconds.

"That would be me." I heard his soft chuckle over the line.

"Baby?! I thought you were working today?" I spoke, twirling a strand of my hair around my finger.

"Well, seeing how you're still there, and I take it your brother is being a hard nose about it. I thought I would come to you. You know I can't go without you for more than three days. Seeing how I got all that vacation saved up, I thought I'd fly down and do things to my sexy wife."

"When?!" I asked excitedly, so very eager to have my husband beneath me. All so I can burn off this horniness that's been building ever since I've been here.

"That's the thing, I've already landed..." I squealed as I bounced on the bed, not hearing my husband's voice. "Margaret? Did you hear me?"

"No, sorry baby, I am just too excited," I said, my smile never leaving my lips.

"I said, I'm waiting at the airport for you to come and pick me up."

"Okay, I'll be there as fast as I can. Don't you let some other woman snatch you up!" I teased.

"Wouldn't dream of it."

"Shit!" I cursed, knowing I'd have to inform Wane about Griffin coming to stay. Wondering where Wane picked up that quirk about uninvited guests just showing up.

"What is it, honey?"

"Oh, it's just Wane, you know how he is with guests."

"You let me worry about that, and you just focus on the road, okay?"

"You sure?" I asked, knowing the two of them really never got along with one another. I chalked that up to what my brother is and nothing that my husband has done to cause it.

"Very."

"Okay, I'll be there as fast as I can!" I said as I slipped my feet into my sneakers. Tossing my suit jacket onto the bed, seeing how I didn't need to be dressed in full professional attire, I opted to only don the upper part of the getup.

******

~~~Wane~~~

I was standing at the butcher counter talking to the man about a duck when I heard my phone ringing in my pocket. Seeing the man nod when I excused myself to see who was calling. I had already talked to my boss about Betty and me leaving town for the week. The Captain said it was fine as long as I gave them where I would be staying in case they needed to ask more questions. Which from the tone of his voice, I gathered there wouldn't be. I knew I covered my tracks very well so that soon they would be looking elsewhere for a suspect. While there might be some suspicions about my involvement, suspicions aren't evidence and would lead to nowhere anyway. Recounting the last time I talked to Jeff once he had informed me that the favor I had asked for was done. My response to him was to make a short video of me burning the DNA printout and the blood swab I had that held the same DNA in my grill. Where I spread the ashes out down the highway going seventy miles an hour. So I knew if the police came to my house, they would find nothing. Arching an eyebrow when I saw my brother-in-law's number. I'm sure he's a fine person in all, but well, he's a surgeon; they tend to be cocky. He stopped doing that around me when I punched him for talking crudely about Betty when we were dating. I'll admit it did feel good.

"What is it, Griffin?" I answered.

"Well, at least your greeting hasn't changed."

"Get to the point of this call."

"I was just letting you know I was in town..."

"Oh? Good. Have you come to take my sister home with you?" I asked, eager to have my home back.

"No. If you let me finish, I'll tell you. And before you freak out, I'll be staying with you and Betty."

"Will you now? And who's bright idea was that?" I asked, knowing it sounded so much like my sister.

"Mine unless you want us to get a room."

"Well, seeing how we won't be there in two days, I think you should take her home with you," I said, trying to get my sister out of my house so I could do things my way. Betty and I were moving along just fine. We really didn't need Maggie's involvement any longer.

"Sorry, Wane, you know how it is with your sister. This call was just to inform you that I will be staying with you." My jaw clenched; my grip tightened on my phone. I really didn't like the man.

"I see. That all?" I asked in a deadpan voice.

"Pretty much..." Once those words left his lips, I cut the line; there was nothing else to talk about.

"There will be no sex in my house, you understand?" I texted my sister.

"Fuck you, Wane. What are you going to do? Stand over us all night long?"

"If I have to. You came here uninvited. Invade my house without asking me. So yes, I'll dictate anything I damn well please in my HOUSE," I sent back. I could picture my sister cursing up a storm at that moment. "If you don't like it, go home!"

123456...9