A Wife's Fall Pt. 04

Story Info
Finale.
33.5k words
4.45
58.3k
133

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/01/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
soul71
soul71
6,771 Followers

A Wife's Fall part 4

By

Soul71

Thanks to WAA01 and Killerarmyguy for the edits.

******

~~~Betty~~~

I stood in fright between two patrolmen as I rode the elevator up to the department my husband works in. I had no idea why I was being dragged down here for. I was sitting at my desk, doing my work so I could go on lunch, remembering how the last three nights had gone. I had my husband back, at least physically. The road to repair our relationship that I had stupidly harmed was a far more difficult trail to trek. Nevertheless, I was determined to ensure to Wane that I would never stumble like that again. So imagine my surprise when I looked up, and there stood two uniformed officers. Looking around as I followed after, "Wane?!" I gasped in my mind when I walked past the door to one of their interrogation rooms. "Oh, God, what happened? Oh, shit, this is bad, this is very bad," I mumbled to myself, remembering how Sean and Dean didn't show up to work Tuesday and Wednesday. I knew Wane wasn't done. The question now is: can I live with what I know and still remain? I pondered this as I was led into a room and told to have a seat. I knew this day would come, and I told myself I would lie to the police if I had to. I guess I knew my answer to my question.

"Thank you for coming in, Mrs. Carter. I'm Detective Sanders with IAB." I turned my head as the door opened, and in stepped a late fifties man with salt and pepper hair. "Now I have some questions that will be hard to hear, but I need to ask them, so please bear with me."

"Okay, what's this about, and why are you talking to my husband?" I asked, looking at the man, then to the one-way glass, knowing someone must be behind it.

"Mrs. Carter, do you know these two men?" the man asked, laying Sean's and Dean's pictures before me.

"Yes, I had an affair with them," I said truthfully. I could see that the man was taken aback that I was so candid about the transgression I had made against Wane and my wedding vows.

"You're admitting that you're in a sexual relationship..."

"No, I said, had an affair, past tense, and it was only the one time, plus they're my co-workers, so of course, I know them. Why are you asking me these questions?"

"How was your husband acting before the days of Tuesday and Wednesday?" Detective Sanders asked, pulling out a pad and pen.

"Normalish, we've been doing a lot of counseling; as you can suspect, Wane wasn't happy when he walked into that. So we've been working on trying to work things out."

"And how did your husband take it when he came home that day?" he asked.

"Marched us out the door nude as he found us to my sister's house six blocks down the street," I answered truthfully. Knowing Wane, he wouldn't lie about that day. So I knew I couldn't leave out a part or sugarcoat it either. If I was going to keep my Wane from going to jail, I would bear my sins for all to see.

"And how did he do that? Surely these two men could have easily overpowered your husband."

"With his gun, not threateningly," I assured the man.

"And has he ever made any threats that you know of against these two men after that day?" Detective Sanders asked, lightly touching the two pictures.

"No, he has not," I stated firmly.

"At any time has he acted strangely around you... you know, disappearing at odd hours, on the phone or texting to someone and quickly putting it away?" I knew what he was trying to do; I wasn't falling for it.

"No, he has not," I repeated.

"Thank you, Mrs. Carter, for coming down, one last question. Where were you on Tuesday at 9 and 10am on Wednesday?"

"At my desk, taking phone calls and doing my work, you can ask anyone on the floor," I said, gesturing with a wave of my hands.

"Please wait here while we talk with your husband," Detective Sanders spoke; I just simply nodded. Praying to God that Wane had nothing to do with this, even though I had a feeling he did.

******

~~~Wane~~~

I knew I'd be sitting at this table. I accepted that the moment I put this into motion. However, I knew I covered my tracks before they drew their last breaths, so I wasn't worried. Although, the sight of the Captain of the division I work in entering did pique my interest.

"Good morning Mr. Carter. I'm Detective Sanders with IAB," he said, introducing himself as he walked into the room and nodded to the Captain.

"Want to tell me why someone from IAB wants to speak with me? Sir, should I have a lawyer present for this?" I asked, looking at my boss.

"They're simple questions, Wane, nothing to be worried about," the Captain said; I knew he was there to oversee this interrogation.

"Mr. Carter, do you know who these two men are?"

"Yes," I answered as he slid their pictures towards me.

"Who are they, Mr. Carter?"

"The men I found fucking my wife," I stated, pushing the pictures back towards him. "What of it?"

"Did you or did you not, at gun point, march your wife, Sean Douglas, and Dean Shepherd nude down the street to your sister-in-law's six blocks away?" I stared into the eyes of the man across from me; I could see the job was it to him.

"Yes."

"At any point in time did you threaten, assault, them in any way?"

"No, the moment they stepped on Celine's property, I turned and went back home; after that, I never saw them again," I said truthfully.

"And did you speak to a Mrs. Douglas and Mrs. Shepherd at any time during that day?"

"Yes, a little after I got home. I was in the middle of tossing my wife's things into the guest bedroom when their phones went off in the pants they left behind. So I answered it, told them who I am, why I would have their husband's phones, and where to find their cheating husband's in the nude."

"And what happened to their belongings, Mr. Carter?"

"Gathered up their shit, tossing it in the car they had arrived in and took a piss in the back seat all over it and the car, then I tossed the key on the front seat, locked the doors, called Robert down at the tow yard we use and had it towed to their impound lot," I stated factually. I could see the amusement in his eyes.

"After that, you say you have had no contact with these people?"

"That's right," I nodded.

"Where were you on Tuesday at 9 and 10am on Wednesday?"

"Tuesday, I was on my way with Grey to another crime scene in the Bondage slayings case, and Wednesday I was on scene at a domestic homicide," I said, seeing his pen moving across his notepad.

"Wane, until this investigation is over or until you're cleared, I'm putting you on paid leave. It's not that I think you had a hand in it; I just have to protect our ongoing cases," my boss said once the Detective had left the room. I had thought this might happen. Not that I was going to enjoy it. "Since you'll be on suspension, you'll be barred from any and all police functions, that's including the awards dinner. I'm sorry, Wane." Well, saves me the trouble of thinking of a lie to get out of it.

"I'm being refunded for my tickets, right?" I asked, looking up at him. I had bought them before Betty had her fit of insanity, as she calls it. I could see I had caught him off guard. "Seeing how I've already paid for them." Everyone knew where they were, where I always place them when they come in, on top of my computer. I, however, wasn't expecting the man to reach into his jacket and pull out his wallet. "I'm sorry, son; I hope the two of you can work it out. Maybe this time away from this place can help you and your wife." I knew he meant well; I had my doubts as he placed the forty dollars to cover the cost in my hand.

******

~~~Betty~~~

My head snapped over to the door as it opened after what seemed like hours of waiting to me. My eyes lit up at the sight of my husband standing in the doorway. While it wasn't there because of my actions, I knew in my heart there were still embers clinging to life, embers ready to spring back to life if given the right fuel.

"Come on, Betty, let's go to lunch." I perked up at that. My heart raced as I stared into those green eyes of his. As long as Wane wasn't the one that actually killed them, I can look past it. I was surprised it hadn't happened yet, given the way they live.

"Yes, Wane," I said, sliding out of my seat. I shot the woman that's been trying to lure my husband away a glare as we walked past the bullpen. Wrapping my arm around his waist, telling that woman who he belonged to.

"Maybe next time, Wane." I heard her call out to him as we continued our trek.

"Wane, what happened?" I asked once the elevator's doors rolled closed.

"Got suspended until I'm cleared. It shouldn't take long."

"Did you...?"

"No, I can't be at two places at once, Betty."

"Okay, I just had to ask, you know that, so where are we going to for lunch," I asked as I lightly held onto him.

"Somewhere where we haven't been in a while."

"You don't mean our diner?" I asked with wide, loved-filled eyes at my husband. It was the place we had most of our lunch dates when we were still in college.

"Unless you want something else?" I shook my head as Wane looked at me with a cocked eyebrow.

"No, honey, that sounds perfect," I said bashfully, wondering if he remembered that was the first place he ever told me that he loved me. That was when that light first appeared. A light that I was determined to reignite once again.

******

"You remembered," I gasped in shock as a Pepsi-float sat waiting for me when I returned from my trip to the lady's room.

"It is your favorite drink here." I just smiled, giggling to myself at how my husband looked away. I knew the moment he said those words those five years ago that I alone was indeed special. I will just have to bear the guilt for my sins at their passing. I knew they would find nothing. This was also Wane's punishment towards me for my transgressions.

"Still, it's a thoughtful gesture, honey," I said, bringing the straw to my lips. "So, any thoughts about what you're going to do while you're home?"

"Yeah, getting my sister out of my house."

"You know Jan might like to come keep you company during the day if you get too bored," I said, laying my hand over his. Seeing those eyes of his searching me like he did that night, his sister put me under. "So, what's on the menu for tonight?" I asked, knowing the past two nights had been one humiliating slutty position after another. I wasn't opposed to them. If my husband wanted me as a slut, his slut, then I'll be as slutty as he wants, just not too much pain.

"I'm thinking paddle." I sat straighter in my seat as my pussy heated at that tone. Recounting how he had spanked me before I rode that black dildo.

"Please, not too hard, okay?" I said low; I knew I was blushing. I didn't care. That, along with my pussy heating, always happens when Wane talks like that.

Even when our food arrived, I was always touching him in some form or manner. To show him I was still his. That I always will be his.

"You know, once this whole thing is over, why don't we go see your parents," I said before taking a bite of my fry.

"Really, that's your suggestion, my parents? Here I thought it'd be the beach." I playfully kicked Wane in the shin when he gave me that playful look of his.

"Maybe we can split it, two days with your parents, then drive to the mountains," I said, knowing how he likes vacationing there more than the beach.

"You hate the mountains." I don't hate it, just the cold.

"But you love it; I'm sorry we don't go more often," I said sincerely. Smiling when Wane leaned forward, telling me that he was interested. I kept my elation at that this was another step towards my redemption.

"You're serious? Five days in the mountains?"

"I am," I nodded. "Since we have the time, how about we go to Lake Louise." This time of year it was a beautiful place, just not when there's four feet of snow on the ground.

"Lake Louise? You aren't pulling my chain?"

"I'm not; I'd never joke about that place with you, Wane. What do you say about spending the week with me in the mountains?" I asked in a playful, flirtatious tone.

"If your serious about this, I'll look into renting a cabin or whatever is open." I smirked in my mind as I chewed on my burger as his mind began to plan and ponder on what would be needed for the trip.

After lunch, I held my husband's hand as he drove me back to my place of work. While the row was still hard to hoe, the headwaters have at least calmed enough for me to see hope.

******

~~~Wane~~~

"I'll be home at five," Betty said, looking over at me when we sat idling in front of her office building.

"Alright," I nodded, knowing that was the usual time she did.

"Wane, can we have your sweet and sour chicken tonight?"

"I'll have to stop at the store, but yeah, if you want. Want white or fried rice with it?" I asked, knowing we hadn't had that in a while.

"Fried, please." I glanced down at the feel of the light touch of her thumb along the back of my hand. I still can't understand why Betty, out of everyone on the planet, affected me so. It was just not normal for me. Even my own family didn't affect me like Betty did; it was rather strange, to say the least. "Wane?"

"Hmm?"

"Can... Can I please have a kiss before I go back to work?" I noted the bashfulness on my wife's face. The moment our lips touched, I felt that fire that's always been there. That feeling I felt the night I took my wife again after what I had walked into. It was maddening, I tell you! Betty pressed her forehead against mine after our lips parted.

"I can never get enough of that." I felt Betty's hot breath on my lips as she softly sighed. "I'll see you at home tonight," Betty said before I felt the light caress of her lips once again. My eyes just couldn't look away from my wife's ass as she walked towards the front entrance of her place of work. I was like a deer caught in the headlights when Betty peered back at me. Who had a smile on her lips as I quickly turned my focus back to the road. Feeling rather foolish in allowing myself to get flustered like that. Running my hand down my face when I saw the smile on her lips before she turned back around and headed for the door. Pulling away from the curb once I had made sure the coast was clear and headed off towards the Asian market.

I drove towards my house, knowing there was a very good one near my home; it was where I normally got the ingredients. What Betty doesn't know is why I know how to cook Chinese dishes so well. It was because before I met her, I had spent a year in northern China as a cultural exchange student in my last year of high school when the mother of the family I was staying with taught me many things while I was there, namely in speaking Jin, the official language spoken in that part of their country. I know her recipes had saved me a lot of money when I was in college. I made a few extra dollars when I would make fried rice in my dorm. It was an easy and very cheap meal to make.

After a twenty-minute drive, I pulled into the parking lot of the Asian market. The sound of my car locking filled my ears as I walked towards the shop's front doors.

"Hello," I greeted politely in Jin when I knew most of the workers there were from that part of China. It would amuse me, if I felt that emotion, at the looks that would always appear on their faces, at least the newish hires, that were there when they heard an American speaking it. Grabbing a basket from the stack of them. Seeing a few smiles directed at me from those who had seen me shopping at that store before. Waving to the butcher that stood behind the enclosed cold storage display showing off their freshly butchered meat.

"It's so good to see you again; what can I get you?" the man spoke in his native tongue as I stepped up to the display case. Running my eyes over the selections, flashes of the first time I had Peking duck flared in my mind.

"Let me get four boneless chicken breasts, three of those steaks, and four of those hóng cháng sausages," I replied, noticing how nice the marbling was on the steaks.

"So what's for dinner?" the man asked, making small talk. I kind of hate it; it's rather annoying to me; nevertheless, I do have to appear normal, and what do normal people do? Make small talk.

"The wife wants sweet and sour chicken tonight," I answered as I watched the man individually wrap the items in butcher paper before securing the flap with a piece of tape except for the sausages he wrapped together. Placing them on the scale and ringing up the sale. Leaning forward as I signed the debit slip and handed it back to him before he handed me the items in a tied plastic bag. It was their way of telling those who worked up front that the items had already been paid for.

"You know..." Seeing the man's smile widening when I nodded my head that I did know how to make it. Inquiring if they had any rice Sherry in stock, seeing how they were out the last time I was there. Nodding as I looked towards where he was pointing as he gave me directions on where to find it. Not that I drink it, it just tastes good when the chicken marinates in it.

I did garner a few looks as I walked down aisles getting the items I needed that I was out of stock of at the house. Given how it has been a few months since I last cooked a Chinese dish, I haven't visited the store since then. Looking down when I felt something hitting my foot, not hard, mind you, just enough to get my attention. Noting how the boy that could be no older than three just stood there frozen. I had a feeling he didn't know how to speak English yet.

"Is this your ball?" I asked in Jin as I squatted down and took it into my hand. Seeing the boy's firm nod that it was indeed his. "You sure this is your ball?" I teased with a joking smile. Again, I was met with a nod but a smile as well. "Here you go, you better be careful with it; you don't want to get lost chasing it," I said, holding the ball out to him as I saw his mother looking for him. Grabbing the small bottle of white pepper as the little boy scampered off. I gave the boy's mother a nod of greeting as her son spoke up to her as he pointed at me. Returning the bow, she gave me before she and her son moved off to checkout. Heading over to the frozen section and grabbing a bag of mixed vegetables, it's just easier. Then ambling over the fresh vegetable and fruit section, picking out two oranges, a lemon, and a bundle of green onions.

My trunk lid sounded in a thump after I had stored my purchases. Starting the car, heading off towards home with thoughts of Lake Louise on my mind.

******

~~~Betty~~~

For the rest of my day I had this grin on my lips. A few of my co-workers pointed it out. How could I not be wearing a smile! I did just catch my husband checking out my ass. How could I not be happy about that?! I was fucking elated! When Wane looked away? It was so cute! Now someone that doesn't know my husband would probably not notice a thing. I, however, did. Still though, Sean and Dean's disappearance was making the rounds. I noticed some looks given what had happened between the three of us. Not that I could blame them for having some suspicion, yet I was there at my desk doing my work so I couldn't be looked at as a suspect. I did wonder what they would truly think when news of their deaths hit the airwaves. Shaking the thought from my head as I rode the elevator down to the parking garage to level two, where I normally park.

I couldn't let that enter my mind. I knew if I started to doubt, then my attempts to save this marriage, that I wholeheartedly had crashed into the rocky shore, would find itself back in the ash heap. I was determined not to let that happen, ever! I just hoped they could find nothing to tie Wane to their deaths. I didn't even know how they died either. So I couldn't even begin to fathom what all had transpired.

soul71
soul71
6,771 Followers
123456...9