A Wife's Fall Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Did it not go well?" I whispered to my sister.

"Not as well as I would have liked, but one day at a time," Celine uttered low to me.

"Jan, honey, it's time to go home; tell your Uncle and Aunt goodbye," Bill called out as he stepped up to my sister's side. That was when I heard crashing from inside our house. Wane must have heard it as well because he told Jan to stay there.

"You rat bastard!" I heard Maggie scream out once Wane opened the glass sliding door. "How many more are there!" I held Jan tightly to me as I covered her ears. Looking to my sister, who looked down in shame of her past transgressions.

"Did you?" I asked, knowing Wane must have known since he kept bringing up marriage counseling to his sister.

"Once, but I didn't know he was Maggie's husband; he wasn't wearing a wedding ring," Celine whispered.

"Do you see the collateral damage you've caused now?" Bill growled.

"I'm sorry, Bill, what do you want me to say?" I saw Celine's need to save the marriage she had brought to the brink of destruction.

"I don't know, maybe keep to your word, how's that? Did you see me out there chasing tail like you? No. I was at home raising our daughter! While you were on your back entertaining your friends."

"Please, Bill, not in front of Jan, yell at me all you want. I deserve it, but not in front of Jan." I could see that my sister was on the verge of tears.

I heard Bill's sigh, "Fine, but we aren't done, not by a long shot; come on honey, let's go home."

******

~~~Wane~~~

I moved hurriedly through my house to keep my sister from destroying anything else that was mine. She can be very destructive when she's pissed, and I'd like to keep my house standing. However, the moment I saw Griffin raising his hand to my sister... I don't know what came over me. One minute I was only out to save my belongings from shattering against the wall; the next thing I knew, my fist was buried in Griffin's gut. I'm sure my headbutt took him by surprise as well. Cooking and Jin weren't the only things I learned when I was in China. I might not use it often, but I do know how to fight. I don't think the arrogant jerk ever raised a fist in a fight before since I pretty much dominated him. I knew me slamming his face into the molding that surrounded the front door stunned him. I didn't register my sister's screaming voice at the time. My one focus was breaking the man.

"Get up!" I uttered in a cold, emotionless tone. Griffin did so only to swing wildly at me. Of course, it was easy to block. He was allowing his emotions to fuel him; I, however, was devoid of emotions. So it wasn't hard to see and counter his swings. I had the man on his knees with his hand bent so far back to the point of breaking his wrist as I stared down at the man. "All I have to do is apply a little more pressure, and you won't be a surgeon any longer. Then what will you do with that pompous attitude of yours?" If you take what Betty or my sister said about that day seriously, you would have thought I was about to kill him, or that's what they thought I was about to do, if you take their word for it. Killing the man was never my intent; there were far too many witnesses around for that, nor could I utter the threat I wanted to use given said witnesses. That was the last thing I needed right then.

"Wane, stop!" My sister's scream finally reached my ears.

"You want me to stop?" I asked for clarification. "This piece of shit was about to beat on you, and you want me to stop?"

"Yes, please, Wane, let him go; he isn't worth it. Just let him go." I saw the pleading look on my sister's face. I honestly couldn't understand why she was trying to save the douche. I've seen enough homicide crime scenes to know what happens when a wife-beater gets off scot-free. It never ends well for the wife.

"You sure?" I asked, confused.

"Uncle Wane!" I turned my gaze to Jan once I heard her voice. Noticing how Celine was holding her back.

"Oh, my God! Wane, what are you doing?" Betty cried out. I heard her racing through the house before she flew out the door.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I asked with a cocked eyebrow. "Teaching this filth, you don't raise a hand to my sister." As my father always told me: Only a weak man raises a hand to a woman. "It seems I was right about you all along," I sneered down that the turd. Well, I would have called him an amoeba, but that's an insult to amoebas around the world. They don't deserve that even if they're only one-celled organisms.

"Please, Wane, let him go before someone calls the police. I don't want you getting into trouble over that bastard," Maggie pleaded with me once again.

"Fine. Do what you will with him," I said, dropping his hand. I have no idea how Bill moved so fast; all I know is as I turned around, Griffin was unconscious on the ground, and Bill was cradling his hand.

"Wasn't about to let him sucker punch you," Bill stated, "but damn, that felt good." I would have to take his word for it. Me, personally, I felt nothing. Honestly, I don't know why my body moved like it did.

"Thanks," I spoke with a nod.

"No problem. When you two get back, come by the house, you can teach me how to make that chili," Bill said with that good-natured smile of his.

"Sure, as long as I can chase Jan about the yard," I replied, smiling down at my niece, who came to stand beside her father.

"Only if you run real slow," Jan uttered, giving me that toothy smile of hers.

"Oh, I'll move like a snail and slime you!" I teased, causing Jan to run to her mother as I very slowly chased after her. Hearing her giggling as she peered around her mother's legs as I moved like molasses on a cold winter's day. "Come. Give me a hug before you go," I said once I bent down, waving her over to me. "Otherwise, we'll be here all night with the pace I'm going." I have to say that girl almost knocked me over when she barreled into me.

"I love you, Uncle Wane," Jan whispered into my ear as she hugged me tightly.

"Ditto," I uttered, referencing Ghost.

"You three have a safe trip; I hope you enjoy the time away from this place," Bill said as we shook before he headed for his SUV. I looked perplexingly at Celine as she had this look in her eyes like she was just now seeing who her husband was. It was weird and disturbing seeing my sister-in-law aroused. That was not something I ever wanted to see. I so didn't like the look on my sister's face either when I turned around. It was eerie, I tell you. No doubt my parents were going to have a field day with this.

"Wane, are you alright?" Betty asked of me as I climbed the porch steps as my sister moved past me when Griffin began to stir.

"Yeah, why?"

"It's just I've never seen that look in your eyes before." I heard the worry in her voice as I stepped onto the porch.

"And what did you see?" I asked, very curious to know.

"Emptiness." Okay, well, that was a new one for me. I've never been called empty before; I guess, in a way, it fits. "You're not hurt, are you?"

"No, it isn't like that was the first fight I've been in, Betty," I stated, coming to stand on her left side, watching my sister pushing Griffin onto his back with her foot.

"Listen here, you piece of shit; I will be filing an ethics complaint against you with the State board. I'm sure once they've done their investigation, they'll find all those little whores you've been screwing. I wonder if you'd ever be able to practice medicine again after I'm done with you. Trust me, I didn't save your sorry ass from my brother to keep him from beating the tar out of you. I did it so I could beat the tar out of you and take you for everything you're worth! Do you understand, you worm?!" I tilted my head to the side, wondering if all marriages were this messy or is it because I'm a factor in the ones that orbit me. I wish I knew.

"But I only did what you told me too?!" I heard Griffin whine. What the fuck was he talking about?!

"Did I tell you you could fuck that slut? Sorry, Betty, but your sister is a slut." I looked to Betty, praying that she could shed light on what the fuck was happening. This was not the sister I remembered or was it that she just hid this side like I hid my true nature? I didn't have the foggiest, and it appeared Betty was just as shocked as I was. "Huh? Did I?" Even this was getting too weird for me as we both watched as Griffin licked Maggie's shoe clean. I so wasn't going to look at my sister the same ever again. "Although you did what you were told, I got to see something of my brother because of you. So I won't divorce you."

"Margaret?!" I uttered in a cold tone. I was not about to be manipulated by my own damn sister!

"Wane, relax; you didn't get hurt, obviously." I got the feeling I was staring at myself as those green eyes of hers peered over her shoulder at me. Wondering if we weren't so different after all. "I just wanted to know if it was true or not. Nothing irreplaceable was broken, what was I'll pay for."

"That's not the point! I will not have you playing me in my own house!"

"And yet you were."

"Be careful Margaret, you're walking on very thin ice," I warned.

"Or what? You'll tattle on me?" My eyebrow twitched as Maggie smiled at me, egging me to do something. Wondering if my sister was far more fucked up than I am. "Well? I'm waiting, Wane."

"I would file an ethics complaint, but you need to be a doctor for that, so maybe jail time for masquerading as a doctor. I wonder how all your patients will take that news." Scoring a hit on her broad side. "I do wonder how they would take the news that you orchestrated all this, knowing full well of what I am. How could you be sure I wouldn't kill the douche. Seems like malpractice to me, but then again, you need to be a doctor for that to apply."

"It will be your word against mine, and they'll believe me more than a man who's under a criminal investigation. So go ahead, play that card, I dare you." Yeah, she definitely has some of me in her, given that creepy smile on her lips. "All I have to say is you're a very, very troubled man, and I, as your dear sweet sister, whose only crime is trying to help you save your marriage, and you will be in a ward faster than you can blink."

"Then I think you need to leave, now!" I looked over at Betty when those words left her lips. "I will not have you manipulating my husband into staying with me. That's not how I want to save this marriage!"

"I see, very well if that's what you want, Betty, we'll go. Griffin, go get our bags. But I warn you, you will fail without me."

"Then I will fail on my own, not with your tricks!" I could see she was surprised by this display from my sister. She wasn't alone in thinking Maggie was the normal one among us. It seems we were both wrong on that account. She was so five different kinds of fucked up. Coming from me, that's saying something.

"You're choice," Maggie shrugged like it didn't matter to her. "Come now, Wane, did you really think what you have skipped me? I'm just better at hiding it."

"No, you're just a sociopath; you are nothing like me," I stated factually. I've been around enough of them to know I wasn't anything like them; for one, they have emotions, real ones, like I know Maggie has displayed numerous times. Mine, however, are fake to lull those around me into a sense of security.

"You sure about that, Wane?" Maggie asked, giving me this taunting look.

"Very. Do you see a hint of emotion on my face? Like I do on yours, and you can't lie to me, but you know that."

"Alright, alright, you got me there," Maggie said, holding up her hands. "Wane, I am sorry..."

"No, you're not; you enjoyed it."

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't, you'll never know. Griffin give Betty a hundred from your wallet to cover the cost of the lamp. Come on, honey, we aren't needed here..."

"You weren't needed in the first place."

"That's where you're wrong little brother; you needed me because I am your sister. If I don't look out for you, who will?"

"I will!" Betty said sternly.

"And when you betray my brother again?"

"Not going to fucking happen, got that?" I have to admit Betty is rather hot when she's angry. You think I would be after being played by my sister, one of the benefits of having very little emotions.

"See that you don't, or I'll watch you waste away... Wane, I am sorry, it was never my intention to do that to you, but I had to know. It was killing me! Now that I do, I can go home happy. That my brother does love me enough to beat the shit out of my husband. Don't give me that look, Wane. Don't be mad because I'm better at hiding it than you are. Love ya, Wane. Betty, keep your damn legs closed. Tell Mom and Dad we're sorry we couldn't come with you and that we had to go back due to a patient's emergency. You're used to lying, shouldn't be too hard for you, will it?" I wondered if she knew what I had done to Sean and Dean. I had an inkling she did. At least she was wise enough to keep her damn mouth shut about it.

"If that was all it took to get you out of my damn house, I would have said it the moment you first showed up."

"And I would have known you didn't mean it. Told you, Wane, I am better than you are. I am a doctor, after all."

"Prove it!"

"I'll send you a copy of my medical license."

"If it doesn't come with a notarized letter, I'll know it's fake," I stated, hearing Betty fighting back her chuckle. Looking down when Betty slipped her hand into mine.

"I think your sister is more fucked up than mine is," Betty said, turning her gaze to me.

"That's an understatement," I agreed, hearing their rental car driving away.

"But you know what?"

"Hmm?"

"I get to have you all to myself now," Betty uttered with this sultry grin on her lips.

"Oh?"

"Mmmhmm, and just think of what I'm going to do to you while we're swimming," Betty cooed, pressing her breasts into my chest.

"Wane?"

"Yes?"

"Take your wife to bed; I need to feel you in me."

******

~~~Betty~~~

How that week just flew by! I was not expecting Maggie to be that messed up. I thought Wane was bad sometimes, yet he's never manipulated me like his sister did that Friday night. Although, in a roundabout way, I'm thankful she did because if she hadn't, I so wouldn't have enjoyed that week in the mountains with my husband to the fullest, in that I mean in the bedroom. I was a very loud and naughty woman. I knew Wane didn't have any trouble sleeping after I was done with him. Not that he complained, mind you. Who would really when you and your wife have some wild and kinky sex.

I know he hasn't talked to his sister since then, not that Maggie has tried contacting him since we've been gone. Which I'm glad she didn't. I didn't want her to ruin our vacation together. I knew Wane got some good news on that Wednesday. Telling me he had been cleared, and he was to report back to work on Monday. Maybe I'm just as messed up as the two of them for not running when I knew, I couldn't prove it, but I knew Wane had a hand in their deaths. I can't say how he had a hand in it, but I knew. Then again, that is my penance for betraying my husband's trust. So there I sat with my sister at her kitchen table, chatting away about our trip to Lake Louise while Wane showed Bill how to make the chili he had learned to make from his mother. Jan sat on the other countertop, her legs kicked lazily as she watched Bill dicing up the onion.

"Uncle Wane?" Mine and Celine's heads turned towards Jan when her voice filled the house. "Show me how you cut a pepper." I noticed how Bill had this smile on his face when he held the knife he was using towards Wane with the handle pointing towards him. "Slower, Uncle Wane," Jan spoke when it appeared Wane was moving too fast for Jan to keep up with.

"You watching?" I heard Wane ask, seeing my niece nodding along. Hearing Bill whistle when Wane cut down the side of the pepper and ran the knife along the inside of it, removing the ribs and seed pod all in one go.

"How do you do that?" I heard Jan's awe as Wane tossed the seed pod and the ends of the pepper away.

"Lots of practice."

"Do you think I will be able to do that, Uncle Wane?" Jan asked as I heard Bill dicing up the pepper.

"Of course, just when your older, Jan." I noticed how my sister looked at her daughter, with that happy motherly look on her face.

"I don't know what it is about Wane, but whenever he's here, Jan's just so happy," Celine whispered to me.

"I know," I said low as we listened to the sound of Wane's voice on how to bloom the spices in the pot while precooking the meat in another skillet. "I know Wane might not say it, but he does enjoy having Jan around."

"I want to thank the two of you for looking after her while I was being a stupid, foolish woman," Celine said, bowing her head. I reached over and lightly rested my hand on my sister's left forearm. Turning our heads when we heard Jan's feet striking the floor when she jumped down from the counter and scurried over to Wane's side. We just sat there watching as Wane showed Jan how to use their electric can opener. I could see how happy she was just to be a part of it all. Wondering if I should tell Wane I missed my period. While I didn't know positively that I was pregnant, my periods have been known to be a few days late before. Still, the thought of the night that my husband took me on our bed never left my mind. Not that I was opposed to carrying Wane's baby. I just didn't know if we were at that point in our relationship that I had damaged because of my foolishness. "Betty, are you okay?" Celine asked as a wave of nausea hit me. I didn't say a word. All I could do was bolt towards their half bath, hoping I made it in time.

"Betty?!" I heard my sister's concerned voice through the bathroom door when my head filled the hole in the seat. "I'm coming in, okay?" I felt Celine's hand on my back, lightly rubbing it as I continued to hurl. "Are you sick?" I shook my head. "Then what's wrong?"

"I think I'm pregnant..." My heart stilled as I turned to my sister, and there was Wane, standing behind her. Before I could even utter a word to him, Wane just turned about and walked out the door. "Oh, God, what have I done?!" I cried out in my mind. I don't know why I broke down crying as hard as I did, yet there I was, balling my eyes out on the floor of my sister's bathroom. Celine's voice was in my ear as she held me in her arms. I know Jan poked her head into the bathroom during that time before departing back to wherever she went. I just couldn't move. Did Wane think our child wasn't his? Did he think Sean or Dean had gotten me pregnant? Did he think I lied to him about them using condoms? All these questions ran through my head as my sister tried to comfort me. Yet if my Wane, the love of my life, thought that, I just didn't want to go on. I just didn't want to live the rest of my life knowing the one man, as damaged as he is, the one man that completed me, was gone from it. I just didn't want to go on without Wane. I don't know how long I was in that bathroom for, but Celine never once left my side during it. Then when I thought I was going to be swallowed up by the despair I felt growing in my heart, I heard the front door of their house opening.

"Uncle Wane, where did you go?" I heard Jan's voice filling the air. My heart raced. I wiped my eyes. There was no way I was going to let Wane see me like this.

"Store." That was the only thing he said as I heard his footsteps drawing near. "Get out," Wane said, peering down at my sister.

"This is my..."

"And that's my wife, so leave now, won't tell you again." I knew he hadn't forgiven Celine for her part in my downfall. I don't think he ever will.

"It's okay, Celine," I said in a reassuring voice when I placed my hand on her arm.

1...456789