A Wife's Fall Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Okay, but if he tries anything, you yell, I'll come a running." I nodded; I didn't miss the glare Celine shot Wane before getting up off the floor. I looked up at my husband who's eyes were running up and down my face.

"Why were you crying?" I heard the confusion in his voice.

"I thought you were going to leave me. I thought you thought this child, our child if I'm pregnant, wasn't yours. I just couldn't go on if you thought that," I said truthfully.

"I see." I looked down as he held out a plastic bag to me. "I went to the store for this. If you are pregnant, I want to know." I saw the wondering in his eyes.

"It is yours Wane, you have to believe me!"

"We shall see." How that cut to my heart, yet I couldn't blame him for not believing me. I did, after all, do something so hideous on our marital bed. So I couldn't fault him for not believing me.

"Then I'll get a prenatal paternity test setup for us in four weeks. Just to prove to you I know what is to be true," I said with conviction. I didn't care how many hoops I had to jump through to show Wane that I was his now and forever as I took the bag from him. The flushing of the toilet followed me as I left the bathroom after I had peed on the stick, only to find my husband leaning against the wall with his arms folded against his chest.

"So, when did you miss your period?" Wane asked, staring me down.

"Two days ago," I uttered.

"You didn't think to tell me?" Wane is never mad; that's impossible for him; he, however, was disappointed.

"I didn't know how you would take it, honey. I didn't want to upset this balance that I know is still fragile. I didn't want to risk losing you," I stated factually.

"Next time, you better tell me." My eyes lit up at what my husband had just said. My heart was jumping for joy in my chest when he thought there would be a next time.

"Wane," I felt my cheeks heating as I brushed a strand of my hair behind my ear as my eyes flickered down to the floor, "are you saying that you want to have more babies with me?" I asked with bated breath.

"Maybe." I can take a maybe, fuck that! I will take a maybe over a no any damn day of the week!

"So, do you want to tell your parents and sister..."

"Fuck, Maggie, she can stew in it for a while." I bit my lip. I knew he was not over what Maggie did on that Friday night. I just can't believe my sister-in-law was like that! I never fucking saw anything that hinted at the perversion I saw that night when Griffin licked Maggie's shoe clean. Which I'll admit was fucking disgusting. I thought Griffin was just an arrogant sod of a man that just couldn't keep his eyes to himself. Now I wonder if Maggie had made him do all that while they were here just so she could push Wane into doing something. That's what really pissed me off! If I had known she was like this, I would never have asked for her help in the first place. I'll admit Maggie is good at hiding what she is, but Wane is better no matter what Maggie says. She doesn't have to fake emotions like Wane does and make it believable. That takes real skill to do; all Maggie has to do is hide her tendencies. Wane has to do that and more.

"What about my parents?" I asked, stepping up to him. Trying not to smile but I was failing when Wane allowed me to slide my arms around his waist.

"That's up to you, Betty."

"You know I haven't talked to them since that day we dropped Jan off at their place?" I noted his nod when I asked that.

"I'm still waiting on them to get on their hands and knees and kiss my ass, although I doubt that will happen. It would be amusing if I felt that."

"It would," I agreed. Burying my face in Wane's chest when his arms wrapped around me. "Wane, you know this will change everything, don't you?"

"Yes."

"I don't want anyone else to be the father of my babies."

"That so?"

"Mmmhmm," I hummed as I hugged him tightly. Knowing that he was the only man I've ever allowed to cum inside of me. The only man I'll ever let fuck me raw. After all, shouldn't a husband feel his wife's pussy on his naked cock? I rose on the tips of my toes and placed a kiss on my husband's lips before heading back into the bathroom to check on the test.

"So I take it you are pregnant?" Wane asked me that when my hand flew to my mouth when I saw the plus sign on the stick.

"We're having a baby!" I squealed in joy as I danced in place before throwing myself into my husband's arms. I heard the ambling of feet approaching us as I madly kissed my husband. The love I had for that man burned in my eyes once my lips pulled away from his. Knowing that now, with this life growing inside of me, I could never be that stupid or foolish ever again. That I knew Wane would fight for full custody of our baby if that were to ever happen again, which it wouldn't, not if I had anything to say about it. I might have stumbled, might have strayed from his side for a short time. Now, however, that foolish woman was not me any longer. No. I'm fully committed to ensuring I do not ever break my husband's trust again. Not in this lifetime.

"Betty?" Celine's voice caused me to peer over at my sister. I squealed as I ran over to her throwing my arms around my sister. Since our falling out with our parents, she was the only family I could truly count on; no matter what she has done, Celine is still my sister. The moment Celine saw the result on the test stick, my sister joined in on my mirth as we just bounced around like schoolgirls. Jan soon joined in, not truly comprehending the gravity and joy of what had just transpired.

"Congratulations, Wane." I heard Bill say from behind me. "I know you'll do fine, given the way you are with Jan."

"Thanks, but I am so sticking you with babysitting." I heard Bill's loud chuckle knowing the numerous times he has asked us to watch Jan for him. Not that Wane or I minded, I loved my niece; she was welcomed at our house any time she wanted.

"Oh?! What are you going to tell Mom and Dad?" I saw the concerned look on Celine's face when she asked me that.

"You don't have to wonder; I'm going to do that now," I said, feeling a wicked grin forming on my face. Knowing if they wanted to be in my baby's life, then they were really going to have to kiss my husband's ass, and fucking mean it! Wane might not be able to get enjoyment out of it, but I know I will.

"Jan, go to your room for a bit, okay?" Celine directed in a motherly tone.

"Why?" Jan asked, confused.

"There might be something said that isn't fit for your ears to hear, my little dove." I saw how red Jan's cheeks got when Celine used that pet name she gave her daughter so many years ago before my sister went full-on stupid.

"But when it's over?"

"Then you can come right back out," Celine said with this loving smile on her lips as she knelt before her daughter.

"Okay, but you better promise!" Jan pouted.

"I promise." I watched my sister watching her daughter as she climbed the stairs to her room. Seeing her walk past me and fiercely hug Bill. "I'm so, so sorry that I've been such a fool for so long." I arched an eyebrow at the display. "Thank you for not tossing me out. I know you had every right to, given what kind of a slut I was then. But I promise I will make up the last three years to you and Jan. I'm sorry it's taken me this long to see it." I could tell Wane wasn't moved by it; then again, I knew he wouldn't be. I wondered just how their sessions had been going since that Friday night. "Tell your sister thank you very much! I know without her help, I would have lost Bill and Jan."

"Thank her yourself," Wane said coldly, moving past my sister.

"Did I say something wrong?" Celine asked when she looked back at me.

"They aren't speaking... well; Wane isn't speaking to her right at this moment, so you two still seeing her?" They nodded their answer. "Then, when you see her next, do not mention the baby. I don't think Wane wants her to know just yet."

"Why?" Bill asked, confused.

"Because I don't." Came Wane's answer from the kitchen. I'm sure he was only checking on the chili. I could see that perturbed Bill, but he nodded to me that they wouldn't.

******

I blew out a breath as Celine sat beside me on their couch in their living room with Wane sitting across from me, and Bill in his recliner like he normally was when he was home after a hard day's work. Celine looked at me silently, asking if I was ready as she held her cell phone in her hand with our parents' contact info displayed on the screen. Nodding my head when I was ready. As usual, Donald, their butler, answered.

"Yes, this is the Mason residence. May I ask whose calling?"

"Hello, Donald," I greeted.

"Oh, young miss, it's so good to hear from you!" I heard the genuine happiness in his voice.

"And you as well, Donald."

"Is there something I can help you with, young miss?"

"I was wondering if my parents were home or not?" I inquired, hoping to get this reveal over with. If they wanted to be in Wane's and my baby's life, then it would be on our terms, not theirs.

"Yes, they're currently in the sunroom as they normally are on a Saturday. Shall I patch you through to them?" A smile formed on my lips, knowing my father had placed a conference speaker phone in there so he could still lounge and read his paper while talking to whomever.

"Yes, Donald, that will be just fine," I nodded, feeling Celine rubbing my back. Knowing the fight that might just be around the corner. Who am I kidding?! This was my parents I'm speaking about, of course, there would be a fight! I'm just glad I had Wane in my corner.

"Very good, young miss, just one moment." My fingers drummed on my legs as I waited for the line to be switched over to it.

"Well, look who is calling?" I heard the arrogant tone of my father coming over the line. "Have you called to apologize for the embarrassment you caused us?"

"Embarrassment?!" My voice rose as my anger flared. "The one that should be apologizing is the two of you!" I looked over when Celine placed her hand on my arm. Silently telling me, I wasn't alone in this. "The two of you have been the embarrassment of my entire marriage with your constant parading men around trying to ruin the best thing in my life!"

"Come now, honey, you know that man won't ever be able to give you the finer things in life." My blood was boiling in my veins at the blatant disrespect from my mother.

"You will address my husband by his name! Do you understand me?"

"Betty, relax, I don't give a shit what your whoremonger of a father and slut of a mother thinks of me. Their opinions of me hold as much weight as a dog turd found on the sidewalk does." I looked up when Wane's voice filled my ears. There was that cold, emotionless expression that told me what he said was true.

"How dare you!"

"Oh, stuff it, you dried up old bag," Wane retorted, taking me along with my sister by surprise. Not one of us has ever heard Wane talk like that to our parents. "Do you think I don't know every single thing about the two of you? Of course, I do. You get used more than a crusty old sock on a teenage boy's floor." I looked over as Bill balled out in laughter in his chair.

"Don't you dare speak to my wife..."

"Tell me the lie that I spoke; we all know it's true, so you can jam it up your ass, you old windbag. Your sanctimonious attitude is quite tiring. At least your slut of a wife doesn't hide who she is, unlike you, trying to come off as morally superior to everyone you meet. You're as bad if not worse than she is." I just stared at my husband; my jaw hung agape at the words he just said as Bill's laughter continued to fill the air. "But do go on thinking you two are so above me." I heard the sarcasm in Wane's voice. "Now, shut up and listen to what my wife has to tell you, and trust me if you don't do what she says. Well... I'm sure those smooth brains of yours can figure it out." I saw Wane's wave as he gestured for me to continue. I've never heard my father sputter like he was doing at that moment.

"You two listening?" I asked, not really waiting for them to answer. "I'm pregnant, and it is Wane's baby," I said, more for Wane's assurances than theirs.

"Pregnant!" I heard my mother gasp.

"Yes, Mom, I'm pregnant, so you two better get used to the idea of me and Wane being together for a very damn long time because I am never leaving him! Do you fucking understand?!" I shouted. "All the blatant disrespect you levy towards my husband ends now. You will crawl on your knees and kiss my Wane's ass so damn hard it shines, or you can forget ever, and I mean ever, seeing your grandchild. Do I make myself clear?" My chest heaved as my anger fueled my words.

"Now you just wait one damn minute, Bethany," my given name, "I will not have you speaking like..."

"Shut the fuck up, Dad! You are just as bad as Mom is. Those are my terms, and they are not negotiable. Am I not clear enough for you?" I asked, laying into my father. "I will not have our child fucked up like you have done with Celine and me. If you want to be in his or her life, you know what you have to do, until then, have a nice life," I said, cutting off the phone before either one of them could answer.

"Crusty old sock!" Bill howled in laughter as his hand beat on the armrest of his chair. "Yeah, that is a good one; I'll have to remember it. Sorry, Celine, you know it's true." Hearing my sister sigh then mutter, 'True.' "Shit the cornbread!" Bill exclaimed as the timer went off on the oven.

"Jan, baby, you can come down now!" Celine called up the stairs for her daughter as I moved to join my husband's side.

I smiled lovingly at Wane as I took his hand in mine as I sat down next to him. Now, whatever happens with my parents that's on them, if they want to be in our lives they know what they have to do, if not, well... I'll be sad, but I have to think of our baby's welfare first and foremost.

"Wane? I don't think this is done yet." I bumped Wane's shoulder, nodding for him to go handle it. I bit my lip as my eyes fell on his ass as he walked towards the kitchen.

"Ah, put it in for another ten, it's starting to pull away from the sides, you're oven my be older than mine is. Could be why." I heard Wane say as I heard Jan's feet on the stairs. I saw how my sister fought back the tears as Jan snuggled up to her on the couch. I knew Celine was so adamant about getting back into her daughter's good graces she would have walked through broken glass on her knees for a mile if that was what it took. I wondered if I would look like that holding my child to an onlooker. "Yeah, that's reduced down pretty well; it shouldn't be too long before it's done. You got a small bowl around here?" I knew Wane didn't like grease in the chili; he said it gives it a funny taste if you have leftovers.

"We do; give me a minute." I smiled at Jan, who smiled back when we gazed at one another. "So, what's the bowl for?"

"To skim the grease off the top. Unless you like grease?"

"Ah. I understand."

"You going to be okay, sis?" Celine asked when she looked at me.

"Think so, my stomach has settled down, and I'm not missing out on that chili," I stated firmly.

"Is it really good, Aunt Betty?" Jan asked, seeing how she's never had Wane's chili before I could understand her hesitation.

"Oh, yes," I nodded vehemently, "your Dad and Mom had two bowls of it when they had it. Your Aunt Maggie had three and a lot of the cornbread." I pressed my lips together as I heard Jan's stomach rumbling in agreement.

With my husband instructing Bill on what to do, Celine, Jan, and I set about setting the table for our lunch. Watching how Wane showed Bill how to get the cornbread out of the cast iron pan while we made drinks for everyone.

"My mother likes to fry some bacon in it first, then chop it up, add the bits to the batter, and use the grease to keep it from sticking to the pan. I think that's a little too much grease if you ask me, but I can't deny its damn good." I heard Wane say as he used another plate to flip it right side up.

The moment I took a bite of that chili, it reminded me of the years that Wane and I had shared that same meal. I noted how Jan was apprehensive at first. Seeing how she looked up at Wane as he sat beside her. Encouraging her, urging her to try it once if she didn't like it, she didn't have to finish it.

"Honey, we have to make this a weeknight meal," Celine said from around her napkin as she sat beside her husband while Bill sat at the head of the table.

"I planned on it, now that I know how to make it." I simply just smiled at Wane, wondering if he realized that he might have just helped bring Bill and Celine closer. "Just don't expect me to have 'em fancy knife skills Wane has," Bill joked as he dipped his cornbread into his chili. "Go on, Jan, it's good, I promise." The moment the spoon touched Jan's lips, I knew she was hooked.

"Is it good, honey?" Celine asked, causing Jan to nod vigorously as she chewed. "Try dipping the cornbread in it; it's really good."

******

"Do you have to go?!" Jan whined as Wane, and I readied to head home after our lunch, where I'm sure he planned on calling his parents and informing them about the news.

"They do, honey, remember they came here first before going home. I'm sure they have a lot of unpacking to do," Celine said, peering down at her daughter.

"Thanks again for showing me how to make that; your mother is one hell of a cook," Bill praised, holding out his hand to Wane.

"She is," Wane replied in agreement as he shook Bill's hand. I heard Wane huff as Jan barreled into him, hugging him hard. Recounting what Jan had said to him before we left on our trip.

"I love you, Uncle Wane. Thank you for teaching Daddy how to make chili; it was really good!" Jan said, beaming up at him. I gently rubbed his back, knowing no matter Wane's difficulties in life, I knew Jan would always love him.

"Ditto, munchkin," Wane uttered, returning Jan's smile; I knew it was fake. Yet Jan didn't need to know that. Maybe when she's older, she will be able to understand why Wane could never return her affection.

"Call me tomorrow, we'll go window shopping for the baby. It's never too early to prepare," Celine said softly as she hugged me, seeing Bill nodding in agreement. "And for maternity clothes, you do want to feel comfortable when your back is killing you, and you feel bloated."

"I'll take your word for it, sis," I said, slipping my hand into Wane's. Feeling so content at that moment as I stood before and beside the most important people in my life. I knew Celine wanted to say something to Wane, but Wane just opened the door and led me out of their house. I knew Wane was never going to accept what she did. I did hope that someday he would put it behind him. Nevertheless, only time will tell.

******

~~~Wane~~~

Roughly eight months had passed since the news that Betty was pregnant. Yes, the prenatal paternity test did show that I was the father. I have to admit, I've never seen my father faint before; if I could feel amusement, it would have been funny when I, with Betty sitting beside me, informed my parents that Betty was with child. My mother and father, when he came to, were elated at the news. Well, my mother went on and on about how this was going to be her first grandbaby as she clapped away, bouncing in her seat. They came down two weeks later to spend the week with us. My mother, Grace, helped Betty around the house when her morning sickness got to her. My father, Bruce, helped me to clear out the spare room that used to be mine when I was a kid; we had turned it into a storage space, and what was in there went into a real storage unit until we could afford to buy a shed to place it in without the extra cost when the baby was born. They had brought along the old crib that Margaret and I once used, telling me that it should be used for the next generation of Carters. I didn't understand, but I wasn't about to look a gift horse in the mouth, as the saying goes. When we informed them of the news, my parents couldn't understand why I told them not to tell Maggie about the baby. At the time, I didn't want her to know. I wanted to irk her so much after the stunt she had pulled, and keeping her in the dark would do just that.

1...456789