A Wolf in Syl's Clothing

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh gods, yes! Yes!" she cried and thrashed her head back and forth, with repeated moans. Her legs quivered and shook, and Lilly could feel the tidal wave cresting over her whole body. Her mistress let out a scream and squeezed hard on Lilly's shoulder as a stream of wetness flooded so strongly into the tub, that Lilly could feel it even in the water.

Lilly withdrew her hand, and surreptitiously licked it, tasting her mother's pussy on her fingers. She loved it.

"Did my lady enjoy her bath?"

Arabetha leaned her head up to look at her and blushed, then smiled. "Yes, I," she gasped again, "I think maybe we should dry off."

"Of course, my lady," Lilly bowed and quickly got out of the tub to get some towels. She dried herself quickly, then held out a towel for Arabetha to climb into. Lilly quickly let out the valve to empty the tub, grabbed their clothes, and followed her mother back to her bedroom.

She neatly folded her mother's clothes and placed them on the dresser - the drawers had been stolen - and then bowed to her as she readied to leave.

"Lilly," Arabetha whispered.

"Yes, my lady?"

"Perhaps, tonight... just while he is away you could... stay with me?"

"Of course, my lady," she said with a wide grin. She deposited her own clothing next to her mother's, then climbed into bed as the sun set.

Arabetha reached out and pulled her into a tight hug, tighter than Lilly expected.

"Are you okay?" Lilly whispered, dropping all pretense.

"This morning, I was worried I'd fallen in love with a beast," her mother replied so quietly, she could barely hear her. "I was worried that you and I had fallen to madness. It feels like every hour that has passed since we left the castle has been a new day - like we've been in this manor for weeks. Now, I indulge in the madness to distract from being sick near to death that I may never see that beast again."

Arabetha's lips quivered, but she kept from openly weeping.

Lilly blinked tears away from her eyes, but she didn't know what else to say, so she just whispered, "Mother, I truly believe that Varex will return to us alive. The spirits will provide."



As near as Varex could tell, he wasn't dead. He could barely see, and his movements were near automatic. The orckin had chased him far into the woods, and he had eaten many of their hearts. Eventually, they fled the woods in failure, and it didn't take long for the panic to spread into the camp.

The spirits provide, and in this case, they provided a distraction for the Immortal. The nigh invincible Guti warrior wasn't in the camp, as he was off chasing some other prey. Varex didn't know exactly where their strongest warrior was, but apparently the spirits had granted him a stay of execution for his stupid mistake in bargaining with the Guti.

Now he was back in Bortel, he realized, and he was at his door, and then inside his manor. How he had gotten here? When had he arrived in the city? Didn't matter at this point. He moved silently across the floor, and stopped only when he realized he was staring at his consort and his glassyl snuggled together, naked under the blankets.

He couldn't help but feel a swell of joy in his heart, and elsewhere, and he made an appreciative grunt.

Two gasps came from the bed, and the blanket was thrown back as they sat up.

"Sire!"

"Master?" Lilly asked.

Arabetha looked at her when she called him that, and even in the darkness he could see the heat of Lilly's rosy cheeks from the mistake.

"It warms my heart and fills me with joy to see you two together so," he grinned. "I prefer harmony in my manor."

"Varex! It's been days! I was so worried, what-" Arabetha said and then seemed to realize she had also spoken out of turn. "Sire, are you okay?"

"I am filthy, and stink of battle, but it is late, and I am exhausted. I will sleep in the other bed, and tomorrow I will bathe." He imagined that they could only see his silhouette in the door, since their vision at night was not as good as his.

"Of course, sire," Lilly said with a nod.

"Sleep well," Arabetha added with a smile, before she gleefully hugged Lilly, who gave her a soft peck on the lips.

Arabetha stopped and Lilly bowed her head to apologize, but Arabetha just lifted her chin and returned the soft kiss. "Thank you," she whispered to her.

Varex wondered what that was about but was glad enough to see them getting along that the details didn't concern him. As exhaustion settled into his bones, he lumbered to the bedroom where the king normally would've slept, pulled the door aside, and collapsed onto the bed he found there.

A scream awoke him.

He whipped out of the bed, his clawed feet catching the floor, and he shifted so fast into his war form that he didn't even notice that Lilly was by herself. She stepped back from the door in shock.

Lilly was dressed, but Arabetha ran into view naked. "What!" she called out, and saw Varex, which stole her voice.

Varex assumed his form had frightened them into silence. "I told you that I use violence to solve my problems," he said in a low rumble. "This is what that looks like."

Undoubtedly the glowing eyes, claws, and spikes were worrisome, but he soon realized that they weren't worried at him, but at the bed. He looked down at the bed, and saw torn sheets, covered in blood and gore.

He slowly shifted to his peaceful form and was surprised that the two sylvix ran to him, each wrapping their arms around him. He grunted when one of them touched his left breast, which had a large gash in it.

Arabetha gasped. "You're not okay at all, Varex!"

"Sire, I will run the bath," Lilly added and ran from the room.

"They are not major wounds," he grunted but was grateful to be tugged by the beautiful naked woman to the bathroom.

Soon he was sat in the warm tub of water, as he soaked his wounds and muscles. He sighed deeply, as he relaxed his arms along the side of the tub. "Sorry to have caused such alarm."

"What happened?" Arabetha asked from the side, her arms crossed in worry, as Lilly tried to gingerly clean his wounds from outside the tub.

"Allow me to rest a bit, clean my wounds, and then I will explain in more comfortable quarters."

She nodded and left to go get dressed.

After he had dried, and resisted Lilly's desire to bandage his wounds, he sat heavily on a couch in the living quarters.

"I will heal. My kind can heal from almost anything, and it will take a lot more than a sword to bring me down." He paused and added, "Not that they only used one, of course." He chuckled - and then groaned.

Arabetha quickly joined him on the couch, sitting next to him with her back upright as she listened. He patted her knee and looked between her and Lilly.

"I have lied to you. Not by word, but by deed."

Lilly furrowed her brow, and Arabetha paled. He wasn't surprised - in her life, things like this had rarely ended well. He continued, "The king's grandfather broke the pact. Secretly, he had the Warden killed."

"Why?" Arabetha asked.

"I believe that the Warden had impregnated several noble ladies, but I'm not sure. The spirits... summoned me. The spirits usually summon a wolf and turn it into a wolfkin. Rarely do the spirits of the forest summon a..." He paused a moment and gestured. "In truth, I do not know if was syl, or orc, or what I was before I was this. I do not remember my time before. I believe I was sylvan though, as they desired the mind of a syl to navigate the treacherous waters of court."

He sighed. "Which I was terrible at in my previous life, I am sure." He paused and then added, "When I spoke to the king, he dismissed me. He claimed that they needed no help from the spirits, that their despoiling of the forest wasn't important, and then he left."

Arabetha sighed. "Sounds like him."

Lilly tugged the corner of her mouth. "I do wish father listened more."

"Don't call him that," Arabetha snapped, before she put a shaky hand to her mouth. "I'm sorry Lilly, I shouldn't say that. I shouldn't..."

Lilly walked over to her and wrapped her arms around her and squeezed tightly. Arabetha hugged her back and whispered, "He is your father by blood, but he is no man you should claim."

Lilly nodded and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "I know," she whispered back. "I know."

Varex squeezed Arabetha's knee, and she quickly wiped her eyes and smiled. "I'm sorry sire."

He shook his head. "Don't be. It gets worse."

She swallowed, the nodded for him to continue.

Varex sighed and leaned forward on the couch resting his elbows on his knees as he stared at the floor. "His dismissal infuriated me. I've never felt such rage. I know it wasn't all me, it was also the spirits through me. But it burned like nothing I'd ever felt. With the help of the spirits, I found the Guti, and I told them the town was rich."

Arabetha put her hand to her mouth in shock. Lilly closed her eyes and bowed her head.

" The spirits... disagreed with my choice. They thought it would end poorly, but I thought the goal was simple - I wanted to show the King how wrong he was. I thought I could do that without the town to be sieged or sacked. I just wanted to scare him. I made a deal. The Guti would come, I would challenge one of their weaker soldiers, and then I would tell the King that he needed to renew the Pact."

He winced. "But the Guti wanted payment. The spirits said that the wealth of the town could be given to me as part of the Pact." He shook his head. "But this is why the spirits are so bad at these things. They remember emotions. They remember dreams. They don't remember the legal details of the Pact, which said that the barony given to the Warden must be maintained by the Warden. It cannot be sold. It cannot be given away."

He sighed. "When the king offered his personal manor, I thought it would be filled with riches." He gestured around the ransacked place. "This wasn't enough. There wasn't even anything in it to sell."

Arabetha and Lilly stared at him, both on the verge of tears and his expression darkened. "But your spirits burned so bright in my eyes, that I immediately knew that I would eat the heart out of anyone that tried to take you from me. I couldn't give up the barony. I couldn't give up the Warden."

Arabetha gasped, sniffled, and then laced her arms around his bicep, and pulled herself close. "Sire, please... If you wish to keep this secret, you don't have to tell us more."

He nodded. "I do have to. I won't lie to you any further. I want you to know what kind of monster you're dealing with, so that you can choose." He didn't let her interrupt before he added, "I returned to the Guti camp to explain that it would take much longer to give them their gold. Their General was uninterested in another bargain, so I killed him."

Lilly blinked. "In their camp?"

Varex grinned at her, though it was not a particularly happy smile. "I told you how I solve my problems."

She exhaled in shock, "But in their camp-"

"Lilly!" Arabetha said sharply.

"Sorry, sire," Lilly said and nodded.

Varex patted Arabetha's knee. "It's alright, she's right. My poor choices led me to an even poorer choice. But I made it." He shook his head. "But if that were all, I am not sure I would be telling you this. I would want you to forget this night, and to wonder later what had transpired as we lived our lives in peace." He wrinkled his nose at the thought of that lie. "Perhaps. Part of me hopes I would tell the truth."

He shook his head and continued with a sigh. "But regardless, that's not what's going to happen. So, you must know. There is another - the Immortal. The greatest warrior the Guti orckin have. And next raiding season, he will lead them back here. And then he will wish to challenge me directly."

"You can defeat him, sire," Lilly said with a grin.

Varex stared at the floor.

Arabetha squeezed his arm. "We believe in you, sire."

"After everything I've just said?" Varex asked.

Arabetha moved around to kneel on the floor in front of his feet and looked up into his face. "Varex, look at me." Her green eyes were so beautiful, he could get lost in them. "I know that... You think that we have some kind of hard choice here but... You've treated us better than any sylvan ever has. You've shown us that we can be better. And you've..." she blushed. "Shown us other things. Too."

Varex gently caressed her cheek with the back of his fingers. She clasped her hand over his and caressed his hand with her cheek, before she continued. "And after I thought I'd lost you?" She stared up into his eyes. "I knew. Though it has been... a very short few days, it is no hard choice for me. I'm yours, Varex."

He looked up at Lilly, "You should not blindly follow in Arabetha's footsteps, if you feel differently. You should be honest with yourself about how you feel as well. I certainly can't promise you a future."

Lilly smiled and dropped to her knees next to her mother. "I only need one promise. That you will never send me away."

"I promise that you are both mine. Forever," he rumbled.

Arabetha leaned up and kissed him passionately, sucking on his tongue as he pushed it into her mouth. After she had been thoroughly convincing in her affection, she slowly broke the kiss and stroked under his muzzle, with a smile.

He found that he had grown fond of her scratching under his muzzle.

"Thank you, my lady Arabetha," Varex said with a smile.

Varex he then looked over at Lilly and gestured her closer. She stood up and he pulled her chin with a finger, to bring her lips to his and plant a small, soft kiss on her lips. "Thank you, Lilly."

A loud knock at the door interrupted them.



The Tailor came into the living quarters, past Arabetha and Lilly with the clothing in hand, but skidded to a stop when he saw Varex. "Oh spirits, are you... Okay?"

"Never better," Varex rumbled. "Why do you ask?"

The Tailor thought about it for a moment and then offered a winning smile. "My Lord Warden, I have brought you an outfit. Fit for a Warden!"

He held it out, and Arabetha pulled at the sleeve.

"Tailor! This is a working outfit! This is unfit for court!"

He sighed and the irritation was clear in his voice. "I am afraid, my dearest lady, that this is the outfit I can give, for free, to the Warden. If he needs a courtly outfit, he must purchase it, or..." the Tailor thought for a moment and trailed off.

"It's fine," Varex said and took the clothing from the Tailor. It had wide sleeves, and several layers of soft clothing, but was designed to be both flexible and easy to clean. It even had a spot for his tail to poke through. He also appreciated how easily it came undone, so if he did need to go into war form, he could quickly drop it.

Arabetha huffed and eyed the Tailor. "Well, we'll make sure to tell everyone about your generosity."

Tailor eyed Arabetha, "There's the tongue I remember." She started to say something, and he held up a finger, "Actually-"

Varex interrupted him. "Did you ever hear the story about the spirit champion whose consort was disrespected in front of him?"

The Tailor's eyes went wide, and he squeaked quietly, "No."

"It's very short. And red."

The Tailor smiled again, "Quite. Allow me to assure the Warden that I would never intentionally disrespect his consort, or any of his staff, but I do wonder if he would be open to an arrangement?"

Varex thought about that for a moment. "What kind of an arrangement?"

"Well, quite frankly, one that I think fits into your specialty! Part of the reason my costs have increased so dramatically is that bandits have seized caravans travelling the road to the southeast. Many fine cloths come from the south, and unfortunately few are arriving here. And I have to buy them each time."

"What about the kings guard?" Arabetha asked.

"You would know better than I, I'm afraid," Tailor said, and then quickly added, "I mean no disrespect! I mean that, quite sincerely. You may be here now, but you were recently in court, and the king has said nothing of this matter to anyone. The cries of the merchants have fallen on deaf ears."

Arabetha sighed. "I'm afraid the King shared little with his queen."

"Or his princess," Lilly added.

"Well, a pity," Tailor said and then looked to Varex. "But if these cloths were returned, I could certainly afford to give you a free outfit then! One worthy of court! And," he hesitated then continued delicately. "If these bandits are carrying other goods, some of these may find their way to your manor, and I doubt any would object, provided it is not obvious. Especially if some capits were to find their way to your den." He paused and looked around, "I mean, as in our - as in sylvan rooms. We also have dens."

He coughed.

Varex nodded. "This offer has been heard. I will discuss it with the spirits and return to you with an agreement if it is found acceptable."

The Tailor clasped his hands together. "Wonderful! Well - I have to say that does look fetching, workman or no, and I bid you all a very good day!"

And with that, he practically whirled out of the room.

"I can't never quite tell if I hate or love that Tailor," Arabetha said with pursed lips.

Varex shrugged but liked the outfit as he examined it. "I need to go the castle. I expect to be back shortly."

"But... this is not courtly attire. I know that propriety is not as important to you, but-"

"I'm not going to court. You're right that I should attempt to blend in, but I'm afraid some needs are more serious than propriety." He tightened the belt around the middle then left.



The trip to the castle was not a long one, especially for one who could move as quickly as Varex. He was concerned about how he was going to enter the castle and find who he needed, but the Chancellor was indeed already headed out.

"The spirits provide," Varex murmured to himself, and he stopped in front of the rotund man.

The Chancellor rewarded him with a surprised jump, before he stammered, "Lord Warden! I-I-I did not see you, coming my way! Perhaps it is your fetching garb! I-I-I am quite grateful that the Lord has chosen to wear-"

"I need more staff."

The Chancellor stopped at that and looked askance. "Well, I'm afraid that the King is the one that-"

"When you gave me a single servant, it had not occurred to me that both my consort and my staff would need to eat. Without a cook, the manor is incomplete." It wasn't much of an argument, but it was the best one he had. He knew the text of Pact - the spirits had ensured that - and indeed it did not specify the kind of staff, since only the consort was for the Warden. The rest of the staff was, honestly, for the consort.

The balding syl gave his best political smile and started with his excuse. "Warden, sire, I'm afraid such changes, even for a cook-" he suddenly stopped himself.

Varex tilted his head to the side as he watched some gears turn inside the Chancellor's otherwise empty skull. Well, whatever was coming was going to be something.

"You-you know, by the spirits, I mean, you're right! You're right, Warden, sire, a manor is just... not complete without a cook, how could we say it is?" He coughed. "Let us go to the kitchen, then, and see what we can find? Yes?" He gestured toward a servant's entrance into the castle that bypassed the court.

"I am unfamiliar with your castle," Varex admitted. "Lead the way."

The Chancellor nodded happily, "Of course!" He trundled into the servant's entrance, through a long hallway, around a corner, down another hall, and into a large, open room that was filled with all manner of tables, cooking implements, pots and ovens.

There was one large man that was dressed differently than most of the servants and had a large hat on.

1...34567...9