Adam and Steve Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I know you couldn't keep up lately, and it didn't help that I haven't been able to come home for the last month. I appreciate everything you've done by stepping in and being the father figure while I was away. I saw that the house was picked up but wasn't cleaned, and to be honest, I didn't want to clean it either."

Adam was waiting for Steve to finish. They were holding hands and had their fingers interlaced. "Teddy and I clean on Saturday mornings. I know it's not the clean clean a maid would do, but that's when we have time." Adam sat his coffee down, took his hand out of Steve's, put his arm around him, and leaned back on the little sofa-style lawn chair. "I'm not going to say anything this time. I'm too tired to fight about it. I'm just glad you're home. How long are you home for?"

"Until I'm needed again. Which hopefully, not anytime soon. But Adam, I would like to talk about this with you, maybe later in the week when you've had more rest." Steve stated, and Adam just nodded.

A few weekends later, Adam walked to the door and opened it. He was surprised to see who was standing there. "What the fuck happened to you?"

"Shoulder injury?" Kip stated.

"Well, I can see that." Adam laughed. "When did it happen? I watched all of the end of the season. We talked a little over the summer. You were too busy to come to see me." Adam motioned Kip to follow him.

"I think I'm too old. I think it's time. I did this in practice. Doctors told me I'll be out for the rest of the season." Kip stated.

"That sucks. Want a beer?" Adam asked, and Kip nodded. They went out on the deck and sat down. "Well, I hope you were smart and saved some of the money, or you're going to be a gym teacher like me." Adam laughed.

Kip chuckled, "I was smart, probably not as much as I could have. Girlfriends took a lot of it. But I wouldn't mind being a gym teacher, at least I don't think I would."

"Well, for the girlfriends. You weren't smart there. You let a great one go. You fucked up royally." Adam stated.

"I know, I should have married Rachel," Kip stated. "I should have kept it in my pants, but I can't go back now. So tell me about this new guy, I should say old guy. You two have been dating for two years now?"

"Yeah, Steve. He's the uncle, but more the father of one of my players. They'll be home in a bit, so you'll get to meet them. The part that I never did tell you about, the little I did talk to you about him on the phone is, he's the older brother of Jack Ames."

"Jack Ames," Kip said out loud, then it hit him. "Wait, I don't remember Steve, but Jack Ames? Really, Ben's Jack?"

"Yeah, that would be the one. I just wanted to tell you before you put two and two together." Adam smiled because Steve, at that moment, came out onto the deck. "Speaking of, Kip, I would like you to meet, Steve."

Kip stood up and shook Steve's hand, and then they all sat down, of course, Steve next to Adam. Steve noticed that Kip and Adam's bottles were almost empty and asked if they would like another, and they both said yes. When he went in, Kip jumped all over Adam. "Holy shit, man."

"What?" Adam looked at Kip.

"That's a night and day difference between Steve and Ben," Kip stated.

"Tastes can change," Adam responded.

"Adam, you went from Ben who was what, barely five foot nothing to Steve that is six foot. Don't tell me you bottom too?" Kip questioned.

"Does it matter, Kip? You're not dating Steve. I am." Adam got a little defensive. Neither of them saw that the door to the kitchen was slightly open, and Steve could hear what was being said. "I'm sure this isn't the issue here. What's really the problem?"

"Nothing, forget it. Sorry." Kip responded.

Adam took a deep breath and blew it out. "You know Kip. Sometimes, I wish you would just talk to me. You get into these weird states sometimes, and I don't know how to get you to just say what you want to."

"Maybe one day, I'll be able to," Kip responded.

Steve came back out with the beers for them and a glass of tea for himself. He had to make an excuse for eavesdropping. "Sorry, it took me a bit. I got a phone call."

They talked for a while longer until Teddy stuck his head out the door. Kip's back was to him, so at first, he didn't know who he was. "Steve, can we order? Oh, I didn't know you had company."

"What would you like to order? And why don't you come out and meet Adam's friend?" Steve asked.

"Pizza, could we have pizza for dinner?" Teddy asked as he walked across the deck. "Holy shit, it's Kip Stevenson." A smile came to Kip's face as Adam chuckled. "Adam, you always said you knew him, but I didn't believe it."

"Adam lies a lot." Kip laughed.

"Can I take your picture?" Teddy asked, and Kip nodded.

"Teddy, stand behind him and give me your phone. I'll take one of the two of you." Adam stated as Teddy's smile widened.

After Adam took the picture, Teddy grabbed his phone, told them thanks, and ran off to his room. "You know our house is going to be overrun with kids in about ten minutes," Steve stated.

"Yup." Adam and Kip said at the same time.

*

Laying in bed that night, Steve had his head on Adam's chest. "Is Kip bi?"

"What?" Adam responded in shock.

"Simple question, do you know if Kip's bi?"

"I don't think he is. Why do you ask?" Adam questioned.

"He's jealous of me," Steve stated, which got Adam to reach over and turn on the light. "I heard the conversation on the deck this afternoon."

"About Ben versus you?"

"Yeah, Kip's jealous. He thought you were only interested in smaller men and being a top. I don't know if Kip would bottom for you, but he was surprised as hell that you bottomed for me."

"I'm oblivious sometimes, aren't I?" Adam asked.

"We all are about things. Kip's one of your best friends. You see him only as that. You knew there was something off with him because you questioned it, but you couldn't see what it was. An outsider to the situation or anyone just listening to the conversation may have picked up on it. I could be wrong, but it sounds like jealousy."

"Sadly, I'll have to continue to ignore it. I don't want to lose Kip as a friend by bringing it out in the light. By telling him I would never see him that way."

"Yeah, that's a tough one. I don't know what to tell you there. But he's really not your type?"

Adam chuckled. "No, Kip's not. Honestly, I didn't date anyone who looked like you until after leaving Ben. My first guy near six foot was the one I called, The Dick."

"The Drama Queen as you called the other guy?" Steve asked.

"He was my first actual twink, and Kip met him. He happened to come over to my apartment when Kip was there. As for Ben, I know he was small, but he could when he wanted to stand up for himself, be forceful. When he's on duty." Adam chuckled. "His partner has told me a lot of times that taller guys underestimate him. I still don't know how he let Jack control him like he did."

"So Kip never met the other guy?" Steve asked, and Adam shook his head. "So I was a shock to him."

*

Over the following weeks between school, practice, and games, Adam, Steve, and Teddy return to their ongoing roles. Steve tried but failed to make it to the games. Adam and Teddy would leave the house by five-thirty or the latest six in the morning to make it to school. The practices were Monday through Thursday, and games were on Friday.

Near the end of Adam's season, Kip asked Adam if Adam could come up to Santa Cruz for a weekend visit. Since Kip would only be sitting in the player seats watching the game, he asked why Adam didn't come up and spend the weekend with him and be his guest at the game. Adam agreed, and Steve flew him up, told him when he was ready to return, to give him a call, and he would have the plane pick him back up.

Steve even had a limo waiting for Adam to take him to Kip's place at the airfield. When he arrived, Kip saw him pull up and open the condo door as the limo driver came around to open Adam's door. Adam didn't get out right away because he was on the phone with Steve. The driver went to the trunk to retrieve Adam's bag.

Kip walked up to the limo as Adam was ending the conversation. "I love you too. See you Sunday." Adam got out and thought he saw Kip's expression change. "Hey, how are you?"

"Great, shoulder's still fucked up, but I'm doing great," Kip responded. "Let's go in," Kip stated as Adam took his bag from the driver and thanked him.

"Where's Vivian?" Adam asked as he walked into Kip's condo.

"She moved out."

"Shit, another one?" Adam asked, and Kip just turned around. "I'm not going to ask, man, but shit, you go through women like a gambler goes through a deck of cards."

Kip just shook his head and didn't comment. "This will be the room you'll be staying in." Kip walked in and sat on Adam's bed. "If you want, you are more than welcome to put your things in the drawers. You don't have to keep them in your bag."

"I'll be here for just two days. I don't need to unpack." Adam chuckled.

They raided the fridge for snacks and spent some time with one another drinking before calling it a night. Kip thanked Adam for coming up for the weekend before heading to his room.

Adam decided to shower before sleeping, so he pulled a clean pair of boxers and a t-shirt and laid them on the bed before walking into the attached bathroom. After taking his shower, he came back into his room naked. He sat down on the bed and looked over at his phone, and smiled. He picked it up and called Steve.

"Hey Babe, miss me already?"

"Kind of. It's not too late, is it?" Adam stated as he pulled the covers back and laid down on the bed naked. "It's the first time I've been away from you in a while. I know you leave me a lot, but I never travel overnight." Adam chuckled.

"Ah, you're homesick." Steve laughed, knowing this would lead to phone sex, but he didn't care. He loved any type of sex with Adam. "What are you wearing?"

Adam smiled, "Nothing, but my smile, babe."

"And what a lovely smile it is," Steve commented. "Are you stroking your cock?"

"Of course, but I probably should have asked, are you where you can do anything?"

"Just got into the bedroom now." Steve was getting hard thinking about Adam. "We might have to go to the stores to see what we can find."

"Mmm, do you want to change it up in the bedroom, Steve?" Adam asked as he realized that excited him a little because more precum came out of him than usual, and he moaned.

"I think that excited you, and the thought has crossed my mind. We still haven't been able to use a few things in that bag from Marc." Steve chuckled.

"You know you're evil, talking about that while we're so far away from each other." Adam smiled but continued to rub his cock.

"You're the one that had to go and spend the weekend with another guy." Steve chuckled, just trying to make a joke.

Adam stopped rubbing, "Steve, say what you want to say?"

"Well, as I told you before, I think Kip has feelings for you."

"And I told you, I would never let anything happen because I don't have them." Adam blew out a breath. "Steve, I love you. Do you need me to come home?"

"No, Adam, I trust you. If I didn't, I would be there with you." Steve chuckled nervously. "I love you too, Adam."

"Babe, when I get home Sunday, we do need to talk about this," Adam responded.

"Yeah, I think we do too." Steve agreed. "I just killed the mood, didn't I?'

"A tad, but I think on Sunday night, I'll be ready to make love to you but sadly not all night long." Adam laughed.

"Yeah, sadly, you'll have to get up and go to work." Then Steve thought about seeing if he could redeem this phone call. "But Adam, do you know what I would like to do to you when you do come home Sunday?"

"And what would that be?" Adam asked.

"I would pull you into the bedroom, making sure I locked the door. Then I would proceed to kiss you. I miss just kissing you, Adam. As I reach down and snake my hand up under your t-shirt."

"Mmm, that would be good." Adam had laid back again. He started rubbing his cock and occasionally caressed his balls.

"Once I had enough of your sweet mouth, I would pull your t-shirt off, kiss your neck and your exposed chest." Even Steve was starting to masturbate. "Mmm, work on your belt, button, zipper, and lower your pants so that you can step out of them. I would pull you closer again just to feel your hard cock pressed against me before I reached inside your boxers and squeezed your ass."

"Oh God, yeah, Babe." Adam moaned. He was so hard again.

"Then I'd push your boxers down and let them fall. Afterward, I would guide you back to the bed as we continued to kiss, and I let you rub your hard cock against my slacks-covered cock." Steve was rubbing his cock. He could hear Adam breathing hard, and he smiled. "Adam cum for me, baby."

"Oh God, Steve." Adam released. That is all it took. He grabbed some tissues and came into them, so it wasn't as much of a mess since he just took a shower.

Steve smiled, but he was cumming too. "I love you, Adam."

After Adam came down, he chuckled. "I love you too. What do you and Teddy have planned to do this weekend?"

"Well, we're going to do some bonding. It's been a while since it's been just us. Tonight Teddy has Jack over, but the rest of the weekend, it's supposed to be just him and me."

"Well, I hope that you two can have some fun. Well, let me get to bed, I don't know what Kip has planned for us tomorrow, and I hope I can pinpoint a time for the plane on Sunday."

"Don't worry about the time for the plane. It will be there when you need it, Babe." Steve replied. They said good night and hung up. It didn't take Adam any time to fall asleep.

Kip turned off his monitor but left the system to record Adam's room. Kip watched as Adam jacked off while on the phone. He even zoomed in to watch Adam stroke his cock. When Adam came, Kip exploded.

He swore he didn't sleep much when Adam woke the following day. He was tired. "Hey, you're not allowed to drag ass," Kip stated when Adam walked into the living room. "I wasn't the one on the phone until late last night."

Adam wondered how in the world Kip knew he was on the phone. Adam knows he wasn't loud. But didn't say anything about what he was doing. "Well, I like to talk to Steve and tell him good night."

"Yeah, whatever. The team is practicing. so, did you want to go down to the field?"

"Sure."

"We can eat on the way," Kip stated.

*

When the limo dropped Adam back at the airport on Sunday evening, he was relieved to be going home. Climbing up the few steps to get on the plane, he smiled when he turned into the aircraft's cabin. Steve was there. "Hey, Handsome."

"Thought you would like some company for the ride home." Steve stood up as Adam walked up to him.

"Thank you, and I love you." Adam pulled Steve into a hug. "Remind me the next time I want to leave and visit with friends without you that it's a no-go unless you come."

"Why, what happened?" Steve asked.

"I'll tell you when we get airborne." Adam released the hug and kissed Steve.

Steve retook his seat, and Adam removed the files next to Steve's seat before sitting down. Steve took the files from him and stuck them back in his briefcase. Once they both fastened their seatbelts, they held hands and were content until they were in their air.

When they could, Adam unbuckled his belt and got down on his knees in front of Steve, not in a sexual manner. Adam laid his head on Steve's lap and put his arms around his back a little in a hug. "What's going on, Adam?"

Adam didn't say anything, just stayed like that. He didn't want to admit it. It hurt. "I lost my best friend yesterday. I stayed in a hotel from the early hours of today until this evening."

"What?" Steve asked. He was stunned. "Why didn't you call me?" Steve knew it was killing Adam because he was crying. He knows that Kip is a different level of best friend to Adam. Matt and Sarah are there day to day, where Kip meets Adam on the football level and maybe some other level that he doesn't understand or know about. "Babe, what happened."

Steve noticed some bruising around Adam's neck and wondered what it was about but knew he would probably get to that. He thought he probably got into a match with the other football players, and it got a little rough, and Adam was in his element.

When Adam could, he spoke, he still kept his head on Steve's lap. "Kip had a few of his buddies over Saturday night. I went into my bedroom to the bathroom and changed into shorts and a t-shirt. We had been out all day at the stadium and then had dinner. One of his friends, who is also a player on the team, knocked on the door and asked if he could talk to me."

Adam got up and sat on the seat across from Steve to see him when he told him the rest of the story. "Tom came in and shut the door. He asked if I would move up to be with Kip now that Vivian had moved out. I must have looked confused because he backpedaled and said he must have been mistaken on who Kip was going to ask to move in with him, and Tom quickly left the room."

"I assume you waited until everyone left until you approached Kip?" Steve asked.

"No, I didn't have to. Tom went back out to Kip and told him he fucked up. Thinking I was the guy he was going to ask to move here. Kip blew up and told everyone to get out, and I got to deal with Kip." Adam responded.

"Ouch, and?"

"He asked why can't I love him, why when I left Ben, why couldn't I have called him? I told him that I would never see him as a lover. That I would only be interested in him as a friend." Adam shook his head. "I don't know what changed in Kip. Even with the shoulder injury, he's stronger than me."

"He didn't?" Steve asked, and Adam nodded. "Where's he now?"

"Jail, unless he posted bond." Steve now knew where all the bruises came from.

"Did you get looked at?"

Adam looked disoriented. "I was in the hospital until eight this morning, then went to a hotel and slept all day." Adam just looked down at his hands.

It was Steve's turn to get up and sit next to Adam. He didn't just hold his hand. He put his arm around him, and Adam leaned back into Steve. "I love you. I'm sorry this happened to you, Hon." Adam nodded.

When they arrived home, Teddy jumped on Adam as soon as they walked through the door. "Adam, why did Kip get arrested? It's all over the news."

Adam didn't want to say, so he asked a question. "What's the news saying?"

"Sexual assault," Teddy responded. "Do you know who she was?"

"No, Teddy," Adam stated as he walked off to the bedroom.

Steve followed him into the bedroom. "Babe, are you going to be okay?" Adam nodded, and Steve wrapped his arms around him. "What damage did he do?"

"Can't have sex for a while, he tore me. Steve, if you can settle it out of court, I don't want my name involved."

"Do you want the charges dropped? That's the only way your name will not show up."

"Yeah, please." Adam tightened his hold.

"Okay, Adam, I'll call tomorrow," Steve responded.

The following morning, Adam was up earlier than usual. He went for a run before anyone got up and when he came back to take a shower. Steve was in the kitchen making breakfast for him and Teddy. Steve didn't say anything to Adam, he knows he needs to process this in his way, but he will step in if he thinks Adam needs his help. Adam kissed Steve on his way through the kitchen to take his shower.

While eating breakfast, Steve slid a closed folder towards Adam with a pen on top. Teddy looked at them but didn't say anything because Adam opened the folder, read the document, signed it, and slid it back to Steve. There was nothing said between the two of them. Teddy thought it was strange.

Adam got up after finishing his breakfast and put his things in the dishwasher. Went to retrieve his school and gym bag from the bedroom. Teddy looked at Steve, "What?"