Adam and Steve Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Steve hugged Adam. It was the first time sober he had told him. Typically Adam is so wasted he doesn't know what he is saying and talks about the rape in full detail. "Adam, I love you, and you didn't betray our trust or bond. You were raped. Listen to your therapist. There's a reason why he specialized in sexual assaults. He's there to help you." Adam just nodded his head. "Babe, go take a shower. Do you want to lay down for a while longer or stay up?"

"I didn't get much sleep. Can we lay back down for a bit?" Adam asked.

Steve smiled, "Sure can. I'll be in there when you come out of the shower." When Steve started down the hall, Teddy came out and asked if he would come into their room. "What's up, Teddy?"

"Is Adam okay?" Teddy asked. Jeff just laid there silent.

"He finally told me something about the rape, sober this morning, so it's a step. The part that he told me he doesn't know he has told me before."

"The coach gets that wasted?" Jeff piped in.

"Jeff, Adam is dealing with a lot of emotions, one of them he's got to realize that it wasn't his fault, that he shouldn't blame himself or be ashamed. Adam just needs time to cope."

Teddy nodded as Steve left the room. He entered theirs just as he heard the shower turn off. He picked up Adam's running clothes to put them in the hamper, and they felt heavy, so he checked the pocket. Steve pulled out a small bottle of whiskey, it was still full, but Steve didn't like that Adam could be hiding his drinking again. He sat the bottle on the dresser and put his clothes in the hamper. He will see if Adam brings up the bottle to him later.

Adam came out of the bathroom naked, and Steve smiled. "Well, hello." Adam walked over and hugged Steve.

"Come lay down," Adam stated. "I'm tired."

Steve pulled the covers back because he made the bed when he got up at five. Adam didn't get dressed. He got in naked, and Steve looked at him for a minute but didn't say anything. Then Steve laid down in his shorts and t-shirt. Adam moved over and put one leg over him and his head on Steve's chest. Steve rubbed Adam's back.

Adam didn't want sex. He just wanted to be held. "I love you Steve, thank you for being here for me. I carry that bottle just to carry it. I never drink alone anymore. I don't hide, and actually, the cap won't come off."

"What?"

"I used a special glue to glue the cap. So I can't open it. It's only been opened once to glue it shut. I would have to break the bottle to drink it, and it's too small of a bottle to do that." Adam laughed. "I would rather drink with you."

"Thank you, Babe."

"I had the nightmare again. I think because I hadn't told you everything and that is why it happened right after we made love. That shame is what kept me from...." Steve could feel wetness through his shirt, but Adam continued, he knew he must. "being intimate with you. I love you, Steve. I know you knew most of it, but I held back that detail because I felt so ashamed."

"Adam, you know you're not to blame. Kip was the one that stuck out in anger and wanted to control you by raping you. I pray that you never have that nightmare again. And Babe, when you feel up to making love again, even if it's not for another two months. But please don't let it take two." Steve chuckled, and so did Adam. "I can wait for it. You will always be my man."

Steve held Adam until he fell asleep, and Steve drifted off too. Steve awoke at eight. Adam had turned on his back and was still asleep but looked peaceful, so Steve got up. He went out into the kitchen, started a coffee pot, and reopened the case file he had been looking at earlier.

Steve was on his second cup of coffee and writing notes when he heard a knock at the door. He looked up at the time on the wall, and it was not even nine. He could see out the living room window at the car in the driveway, and he knew it was Kip's. Steve shook his head, wondering what he was doing here again. When he opened the door, it wasn't Kip standing there. "Hello, may I help you?"

The older woman smiled, "Hello. My name is Rose Stevenson. I was wondering if I could speak to Adam."

"Yes, Ma'am. He's in the bedroom. I need to go and get him. Please come in and have a seat." Steve stood aside so she could come in. "Would you like some coffee, Mrs. Stevenson?"

"Please, and what is your name?"

"Steve, Ma'am. Cream or sugar?"

"Both, please." Rose smiled sadly.

Steve got a tray, spoons, pulled the sugar bowl out along with a creamer dish, and poured some creamer in it. Then he got three cups of coffee, sat them on the tray, and started another pot before taking it to the living room. "Let me get Adam. We'll be right back."

"Thank you." Rose again said.

Steve went into the room, and Adam was just lying there awake. "Good, you're awake. You have company." Adam started to ask who, but Steve beat him. "Rose Stevenson."

Adam sat up. Steve handed him some underwear as he picked up the t-shirt that Steve had laid out that morning for him. Then he picked up the shorts and walked out of the bedroom, followed by Steve.

Adam walked into the living room, and he could tell that Rose was nervous by how she was sitting. "Mom, everything's okay." Rose stood up and turned to look at him. Steve looked at both of them.

"Adam, Adam." Rose couldn't get her words out, and Adam just walked over, put his arms around, and hugged her. "I'm sorry."

"Rose, it's okay. I can't be around him. He hurt me, and he broke our trust. But he finally admits to what he did. He didn't before."

"But the charges were dropped," Rose responded. They both had sat down, and Steve sat in a chair across from them by then.

"I didn't want my name out there. I'm the one that chose to drop the charges. I'm the one that changed the story, so there was nothing for the media. I wanted the file sealed." Adam stated.

Both Teddy and Jeff were standing in the hallway, so Jeff got more of the story. Jeff looked at Teddy and asked if it really was rape then. Teddy just shook his head, telling Jeff that he's an idiot.

Adam and Rose talked for a while. He asked her to please allow Kip to be there for the holidays that everyone needs to be somewhere. Rose kissed his cheek, remembering that she had told Kip to bring both Adam and Ben home with him after Adam was disowned.

"Adam, pro football changed my boy. He was never like this. I'm glad Ben begged you not to go. I'm glad your love for him was stronger. Because Kip's ego and his need to control everything has been worse since he went pro."

"I've noticed with the women," Adam responded.

"Especially after Rachel." Rose agreed, and Adam nodded. "Well, I better get going. Kip is going to wonder if I'm ever going to come back out."

"Rose, thank you for coming over. I'm sorry for the things between your son and me...." Adam couldn't finish his sentence. Rose hugged him.

"Baby, heal, and you don't have to be sorry. He's the sorry one. I pray that my son finds the help that he needs, and I pray that you are finding the help you need to heal."

"I am, and I have a wonderful boyfriend that is helping me." Adam had looked over at Steve, and he smiled.

Rose hugged Adam again and then asked Steve if she could hug him, and Steve, of course, told her yes. Adam had walked to the window and looked out at Kip when Rose hugged him. "Make sure he's not bottling up his feelings. He tends to do that." Rose whispered in Steve's ear.

"I am," Steve responded, and Rose smiled at him when they broke their hug.

Adam walked to the door. He and Rose hugged again before he opened it. Rose touched Adam's face before turning to leave. Adam watched her walk down the little sidewalk to Kip's car. Kip had gotten out to open his mother's door for her. He looked at Adam for a minute, and they both nodded at one another, and that was it. Adam shut the door as Kip closed Rose's.

Adam turned around and looked at Steve. "I want a drink right now, and I know it's wrong. So will you make me breakfast?"

Steve closed the distance between them and hugged Adam. "Yes, breakfast sounds wonderful." Steve didn't even make Adam eat a healthy breakfast. He made pancakes, eggs, and bacon. What Adam had to deal with in less than twenty-four hours, Steve thought he deserved a break from healthy eating.

Jeff and Teddy did come out and join them, and Jeff couldn't look Adam in the eye. Teddy and Steve both noticed, Adam had looked at Steve, and Steve nodded his head, confirming his suspicions. When Jeff and Teddy left to play their games, Steve pulled Adam out onto the deck.

"When?"

"After Kip was here, Teddy snooped again, and Jeff was being nosy," Steve responded, and Adam just nodded. He knew what Teddy found.

Adam pulled Steve up. He wanted a drink, but he needed to stop turning to the bottle, so he pulled Steve over to the pool. "Swim with me." Adam pulled off his shirt and started removing his shorts."

"Let me go get our robes," Steve said as Adam smiled. "I know, too modest. Okay, fuck it."

"That's the spirit," Adam said as Adam removed his underwear and dove into the pool.

Steve just laughed as he took his shorts and underwear off. He didn't remove his shirt until he walked down the pool steps as usual because it covered most of him. Adam swam up to him and stood up as he was waist-deep. "I love you, Adam." Steve wrapped his arms around Adam's neck as Adam wrapped his around Steve's waist.

"Are the boys going to Jeff's tonight?"

Steve smiled, "Yes, I forgot, they're celebrating Christmas Eve there. We'll be alone for a while."

"Good, I get you all to myself," Adam responded as they just floated together.

*

Christmas morning, Adam laid in bed and was content. He didn't have to open his eyes. They still had the shade drawn, so it was reasonably dark. Steve was up against his backside and had his arm wrapped around his waist, and it wasn't tight.

He didn't know if Steve was awake or asleep until he kissed the back of his neck. "What are you thinking?" Steve asked.

Adam chuckled, "Actually, I was wondering if you were awake." Adam turned over to face him. "And if we could just lay together for a bit."

"I would love that. Can I lay with my head on your chest?" Steve asked.

"Yes, Babe." Adam turned to lay on his back, and Steve put his head on Adam's chest.

"Hon, I would like to ask you something." Steve started to say, and Adam chuckled.

"You know you can ask me anything."

"I know, but this something will change things a little," Steve replied.

"Okay." Adam drew his reply out.

"The day that I was on the plane, in October, it was our anniversary."

"Yeah, I know."

"Well, that was why I flew up to ride back with you. I was going to ask what I want to ask you now, then." Steve said, and Adam's heart was pounding. Steve could hear it. He doesn't know if it's from talking about October or Adam's fingering out what he was going to ask. "Adam, I love you. I want you in my life forever. You have been here for Teddy and me when we needed you most. And I hope that you felt I was here when you needed me. I've never felt this with anyone else, and I don't want to lose you. Please do me the honors and marry me."

Adam smiled at the ceiling. He rolled, so he was face to face with Steve. Adam looked at Steve. He was stunned that Steve would take this step. He reached up, taking the back of Steve's head in his left hand pulling him into a kiss. Adam pushed October out of his mind, and he was only thinking about right here, right now.

"Who's bottoming?" Adam asked.

"Do I get my answer?" Steve asked.

"After we make love."

"Make love to me, Babe," Steve stated as they kissed again. They didn't have to worry about shirts. They both weren't wearing any. Adam kissed his way down Steve's chest to the top of his boxers, where his cock was already peeking out. Adam missed doing this to Steve but just never was in the mood, and when he was, he really wasn't.

Adam curled his fingers around the waistband on either side of Steve's hips. As Steve lifted, Adam pulled them down. Steve watched and couldn't wait to feel Adam's lips around his cock. As soon as Adam pulled Steve's boxers off, he kissed back up his legs to the source of pleasure.

Adam first licked Steve's balls, producing a moan from him, causing Adam to smile. Then Adam licked the head of Steve's cock and slowly sunk down on it, getting an 'oh God' from Steve. Steve reached over to the nightstand pulling the lube off, and sitting it by his hips for Adam to see. Adam smiled around Steve's cock as he sucked and picked up the lube.

Opening it, he poured some out in his hand, and Steve opened his legs wider for Adam. Adam started applying the lube and opening Steve, and he was in heaven.

"Oh, Babe, please." Steve moaned.

Adam got up. He knew he needed a condom. They only had one more month of using them. They understood it usually would've been six months of testing and condom use. But in their case, they knew what STDs they were dealing with from Kip.

Once Adam retrieved the condom, he dropped his boxers and put it on, quickly lubing it. He pulled Steve to the end of the bed and bent down, placing his cock at his entrance, and waited. He kissed Steve.

"You okay?" Steve asked, and Adam nodded as he slowly pressed in. They both moaned. Steve wasn't sure if Adam would follow through and make love to him, and he started. Steve had his legs wrapped around Adam, even though Adam's feet were planted on the floor. He was leaning over Steve fucking him.

They kissed several times before Adam raised to rub Steve off, but Steve pushed his hand away. "It's okay. I'll do it. Just keep doing what you're doing, Babe. It feels great." Adam smiled and pushed in harder and faster. Steve rubbed and started to come, causing Adam to go over.

Steve was watching Adam's face the entire time for changes. There was a slight change. Only one tear came down, which is better than when he had made love to Adam. Steve pulled Adam down and held him to him, and they both smiled and laughed. It felt good to be with one another. "Oh, by the way, Babe, Happy Birthday," Steve said as he kissed Adam's neck. "I love you, and what's your answer?" He laughed.

"Yes, I would love to marry you." Adam kissed Steve and then went to get up to get rid of the condom. Steve held him down. "Please let me get rid of this condom. I hate wearing it." Steve nodded, and Adam got up and went into their bathroom.

When he came back out, Steve had the bed rearranged, and he was back under the covers. Adam came from the bathroom naked and looked at Steve and then at the floor where he knew both of their boxers were. "Would you like to veg for a bit longer this morning?" Adam asked.

"Something like that." Steve smiled and raised the covers so Adam could get under them. "I have a few things for you."

"Why?"

"Because it's your birthday, and I also just asked you to marry me." Steve smiled. "So I'm going to treat my man right."

"Can your man put his foot down and say no?" Adam grinned and chuckled.

"Nope." Steve smiled, then he reached over to the nightstand, picking up a little box, and Adam knew right away what it was. "Adam, I don't know your ring size, so this might not fit. The jeweler is waiting to find out if I choose correctly or not." Steve smiled as he opened the box, took one of the rings out, and closed it again.

"Babe, may I please have your left hand?" Steve asked, and Adam shook his head as he rolled toward Steve to give him his left hand. "I love you, Babe." Steve slipped the ring over the tip of Adam's ring finger, down over the knuckle, and then stopped. Adam smiled. He knew it would fit. He took over and pushed it the rest of the way over the meat of the finger, and Steve smiled. "Does it fit perfectly?"

"Yes, of course, it does, and you knew it would." Adam laughed.

"How did you know I knew it would?" Steve kissed Adam. He knew he'd been caught.

"My only ring disappeared for a minute." Adam chuckled.

"You never wear your ring. Why did you look for it? I was also hoping that because it fits on your right hand that it would fit perfectly on your left."

"You will find out why I looked for it when we go out into the other room." Adam laughed. "Thank you, Hon. It's a beautiful ring." It was diamond embedded.

"I know you probably won't wear it much, especially during the school year. But I hope that you wear it when we're out and about."

"I will wear it as much as I can, Babe. I love it. Thank you again. So you said a few things." Adam shook his head. He didn't like getting presents.

"Well," Steve reached over and grabbed the next thing and palmed it. "Please don't say no to this next thing." Steve put his head on Adam's shoulder, and Adam looked over at him, not saying anything yet until Steve finished. "You have taken care of both Teddy and me for the last two years. You had filled in as Teddy's father figure when I had to travel. There are two things I would like to do for you before we get married, and please let me do them."

"And what are they?" Adam asked.

"Hear me out completely before you say no," Steve asked, and Adam nodded. "I want to pay off your house." Steve felt Adam tense up. "I would also like to pay any other bill you might have off. So you can use your paychecks for anything you want. Save them, spend them, whatever. I also want to give you this." Steve tried to hand him a card, and Adam closed his eyes and tried to breathe normally. "Talk to me, Babe."

Adam breathed in and out a few more times before opening his eyes. "I know you mean well, and I'm not saying no, yet, but if you are doing this, why give me a card too?"

"I want you to be able to have money whenever you like." Steve breathed out. "The card is linked to a bank account that I set up for you." Adam sat up and went to get out of bed. He knows Steve realizes that he doesn't like this. "Babe, you don't have to use it, just take it. Please do it for me."

Adam just put his hand over his shoulder, palm up. Steve placed the card in his hand, and Adam curled his fingers around it. He got up and walked over to his dresser, pulled open the top drawer, lifted the stack of boxers. He had a small wallet underneath them that Steve didn't know about, and he stuck it in that. Placing it back underneath, he sat back down on Steve's side of the bed. "Are you done?"

"You're not going to say anything?" Steve asked.

"Nope."

Steve smiled, "No." Adam looked at the table, and there was nothing else on it. "I love you." At that moment, there was a knock on the door, and Teddy opened it, not even giving Adam a second to move under the covers. So Adam just covers himself with his hands.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Adam, I'll leave."

"Just wait for a second outside the door, and I will get back under the covers," Adam told Teddy.

"Okay." Adam got up and went around the bed as soon as Teddy left the room, grabbing up their boxers as he did. When he had gotten back under the covers with Steve, he chuckled and called Teddy back in, which it was both Jeff and him. "Can we open presents?"

"Really, that's what you came in here for?" Adam laughed. "You're both eighteen years old. Christmas shouldn't be that exciting."

"But Santa came." Teddy laughed, and Jeff smiled. Then Teddy saw the ring because Adam had spooned up behind Steve. "Wait a minute, is that what I think it is?" Teddy was pointing at Adam's hand, and Steve smiled.

Steve answered for them. "Yes, I asked Adam to marry me."

"Yessss," Teddy responded. "That's awesome."

"Congratulations, Coach," Jeff responded. "You too, Steve."

"Thanks." Both Adam and Steve said together. "We'll be out there in a few, Teddy," Steve responded. "I just have to talk to Adam about one more thing."

"Okay." Jeff and Teddy shut the door as they left and went back out to the family room, waiting for them to come.