Adventure of Rekka Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The woman's eyes went wide as she stared at him, then turned to Rekka who just smirked and shrugged. Seemed like he'd struck a nerve with that one.

The look could also mean he was way off the mark and this woman had left a trail of bodies along her path to the town. He'd have to ask Rekka some very careful questions later.

With that he disengaged from the woman and moved beside Rekka, laying his arm across her shoulders and sharing a loving smile with her. The newcomer seemed a little saddened seeing this, twisting to look at the tree line for a moment before facing back.

"I don't get it. How'd you train him to do that? I have to nearly tackle mine for hugs," she asked.

"I didn't have'ta, he was always like this. You can talk to him, y'know. It's rude, and it's startin' to piss me off," Rekka said, ending with a growl. Bill was touched, though unsurprised. He would have done much the same if the situation was reversed, and likely with far less tact.

The new hellhound didn't seem to know how to respond to that. On the one hand they should probably be rolling in the dirt fighting right now. On the other, she was only defending her husband, which was natural and commendable. She decided to let it slide, this conversation had been more pleasant than usual for her. Normally it began with the fighting, and ended with begging apologies for disturbing her.

"Yep, I'm not just a pretty face, I can say words good too," Bill said with a cheeky grin.

"You're weird. I'm Kendra. Rekka, right? Obviously you're in charge. What's the story with that pile of rocks, enough girls in there to hold out when they send those fuckers to take it back?" Kendra asked.

"I'm only in charge'a Bill. He's dealin' with all the boring stuff, ask him about it," Rekka replied with a shrug. Kendra looked at Bill then, not enthusiastic about trying to communicate with him. Bill decided to just pretend she'd asked him.

"Yeah, I'm riding herd on this clusterfuck. It was easier to capture than run the place. I need to find some sucker to put in charge so I can go back to being a lazy piece of shit," Bill said with feeling.

Scipio had been uncharacteristically impolite, walking away laughing when Bill brought up the possibility of him taking charge. None of his other friends, as trustworthy as they were, had the necessary character for managing the town. Despite having the leadership experience Sarah's skillset was more leant to the sacking of towns. Bill was only managing through friendly charm and very violent friends backing up any orders he made.

"To answer your question the place is pretty secure. They'd need one hell of an army to kick us out now, I'd say. Got a platoon of orcs backed up by a high orc. Some heavy hitters from out of town; a jinko and a few flavors of oni. Pack of ogres who are finally playing nice. Should have centaurs on the walls soon. Plenty of ladies with different animal parts, and a flock of harpies," he rattled off.

"I've got scouts out, harpies and werewolves. We should have very early warning if a vengeful army heads our way. I can't promise they'll be safer than sticking to yourselves in the wilderness, but your family will be as well protected as I can possibly make them here. They'll certainly be more comfortable. If they do send an army they're going to regret it. I've got plans for those fuckers," Bill promised.

Kendra stared hard at him for a few seconds, considering. Finally she turned away, beckoning at the tree line. Bill's eyes widened with wonder as small figures bounded towards them at speed. A large man carrying a small child in his arms walked towards them at a safer pace.

"Look! Rekka! Look! Kids! Holy shit, they're fucking adorable!" Bill cried, taking a knee as they closed, grinning madly.

Rekka looked between her excited husband and the beautiful pups, her breathing picking up. Her biological clock went off, triggering the sticks of dynamite attached to it. She walked up to Bill, placing a shaking paw on his shoulder, hardly able to stop herself from pushing him over and taking him right there.

The hellpups slid to a stop to stare warily at Bill, who'd spread his arms in the hopes they'd run in for a hug. There were three of them, their ages seemed to be around five to ten, though Bill had never been good at judging the age of children. They were miniature copies of the women, their paw-hands and feet oversized to grow into. They wore linen tunics and their hair was as wild as Rekka's had been. Bill was completely charmed, if the girls set fire to the town he'd forgive them without a thought. They looked to their mother to see what they should do with the oddly fearless man.

"You sure you want to play with them? They don't know their own strength yet, can't promise you won't get hurt," Kendra said with humor, looking to Rekka to make sure she would allow it. Rekka smiled happily and nodded.

"They're the cutest kids I've ever seen. Goddamn, Rekka. I can't wait. Heyas! Call me Uncle Bill, wanna wrestle?" Bill grinned deliriously at the hellpups.

They grinned back enthusiastically, their tails whipping at the air, ready to terrorize this foolish man. Without words they split up to take him from different angles, baring their fangs and leaping onto him intending to knock him to the ground and commence with the struggle snuggles. Bill was delighted. The girls were amazed he'd taken their assault without budging. Roaring like a bear he stood up with the hellpups clinging to him tenaciously, giggling and shrieking at the new experience of not being able to overpower him as he stomped around for a bit.

"Nice try you little scamps! Prepare yourself for hugs, RAAHH!" he laughed, gathering them into his arms while they shrieked happily, trying to squirm out of his grip and push his arms away. Relenting, he let them down, laughing as they kicked ineffectually at his shins. They were letting out childish snarls and yips of frustration before breaking into giggles. The adorable killing machines smiled up at him impishly before darting over to their mother.

"He's strong, mama! He didn't fall over or nothin," the oldest stated, pretending to pout.

"Guess he's tougher than he looks. Don't worry, once you've grown a bit you'll be able to juggle a man his size," Kendra explained, patting the girl on her head with a smile for Bill. She'd been surprised herself, clearly the two had not been together long enough to impart such strength to him, not without any children of their own. She'd have to ask Rekka about it when they had a moment. She didn't worry too much. Even without her willing to rip his throat out, BIll was clearly no threat to her pups.

"I'm going to come down on any army they send like the fist of an angry God, no ones harming these kids," Bill promised, gathering Rekka in his arms as he watched the giggling girls chasing each other, barking and laughing. Once he dug those dwarves out of their hole he was going to surprise the hell out of Larry with this sudden change of heart.

"You ain't gettin' any sleep tonight, sugar," Rekka promised.

"I don't doubt it," Bill agreed.

He nodded at Kendra's husband who'd walked up carrying another child. Bill felt like dragging Rekka to bed right then. The toddler was precious beyond words, looking at him with huge red eyes with little bursts of hellfire flaring out but not catching.

"Welcome, I'm Bill, this is Rekka. Glad to have you," Bill greeted the man, who seemed to have a long suffering look on his face before he turned to his children, brightening into a fond smile as they ran up and hugged his legs. Bill wiggled his fingers at the child, finding out hellhounds grew fangs very early. She barely broke the skin, and he was too happy to care if she'd taken a finger.

"Julius, well met," he replied, sounding tired as he stroked her ears.

"Let's get you set up. We'll kick someone out of one of the private houses, you're bringing the first kids and get bumped up in priority. The others are working on it though, that's for sure," Bill said, gesturing for them to follow.

He wasn't too worried about outraged tenants, the quarry workers that weren't building the centaur ramps were busily making new homes. Clearing ground, carving out blocks of stone and moving them where they were needed was a speedy process with mamono assistance.

Julius looked at Bill with wide eyes after he spoke, glancing between Rekka and Kendra to see which one would call him out for trying to lead the way. He felt deeply hurt when they both simply followed him without issue. He was sure Kendra would jump all over him for doing anything near as bold.

Bill felt bad for Kendra, clearly the man was afraid of her. He'd have to knock some marriage counseling into Julius in solidarity of being with such uniquely affectionate women. Julius hadn't seemed to realize that his wife loved him as much as she did her children. Clearly they'd been together for years, both of them were probably depressed if this had been going on so long.

As they approached the gates a small mamono waited for them meekly, loyally doing the job assigned her. She was a kobold, and not the kind Bill had known from his DnD days. Instead of being an excitable little reptile she was basically a cocker spaniel that began transforming to human and stopped halfway. Her face, shoulders and torso framed by doglike limbs and features. Adored by all, the helpful little mamono gave off the aura of a sweet tempered family pet. She was nearly the smallest mamono in the community, slight of build and shorter even than Rekka.

Pawing through the satchel at her side, she met them just outside the gate. Kendra confirmed his suspicions that she wasn't just a ball of rage and murder by smiling fondly at the little woman.

"Melody, how are you? Thanks for your help, at least there's one person I can count on to do their jobs around here," Bill greeted her, restraining himself from patting her on the head. Rekka had warned him that kobolds welcomed all affection of this kind, but saw it as something to build a relationship around. He didn't need that kind of headache, and the young woman already seemed to have bonded with Captain Dulius. The man had mellowed out to a surprising degree, spending most of his time with Scipio attempting to mold the mamono more suited for combat into a cohesive fighting force. When not doing her job at the gate Melody followed him everywhere.

"Hello Mister Bill! I'm fine, thank you, I'm so happy to see children! Though.. I worry that they'll forget to wear these," She replied, holding several pouches of the tobacco-like substance strung on leather straps.

"Oh shit, I didn't even think of that! Kendra, Sarah's got that love stank going on. God damn, I don't even want to think about kids dealing with that," Bill cried, dismayed, so upset he actually cursed in front of the precious little kobold. Julius's eyes grew wide, taking a step back, holding his youngest daughter tighter.

Rekka and Kendra shared a look before bursting into laughter.

"This ain't funny, guys. I hope to hell you can understand how bad this is gonna be if we can't keep these necklaces on them.." Bill despaired, feeling sick.

"It's ok, husband. Sarah's smell don't work on pups. It don't work until your first heat, and they ain't gonna see that for years an' years," Rekka explained through giggles, sharing a smile with Kendra.

"Thank fuck. I was about to head into the woods to build a log cabin for Sarah and Scipio," Bill replied, letting out a relieved sigh, his knees weak. He shared a shaky smile with Julius.

"Oh! I'm relieved, I felt the same way Mister Bill. Um, here you go, please wear it at all times, if you become bothered by Missus Sarah's.." Melody looked at Bill for a moment, a bit unsure before continuing, "Love stank? All you need to do is sniff at it. Don't worry, most find it smells pretty nice." She didn't know why Bill spoke so differently when he knew she was around, and felt a naughty thrill that he'd finally swore when he knew she was listening. Bill would be horrified to learn he was such a bad influence on her.

She shyly handed a necklace to Kendra and Julius, giving everyone a smile before returning to her carpet in the shade. She then lay down and curled up, watching for any new arrivals. Bill was alway disappointed he couldn't scratch her floppy ears and play fetch with her. He'd have to make due with Rekka's ears. He'd quickly find himself doing the retrieving if he asked her to play fetch, he was sure of it.

As they entered the town proper Bill noticed the hellpups were practically vibrating with the need to explore. Kendra smiled at them before raising her brow at Bill.

"Hell, they'll be safe to roam and play. If anything the rest of the people here will be the ones having to watch out. After they've seen Rekka at work they'll walk through fire before bringing harm to your girls," Bill explained.

"Go on girls, have fun. No biting! Play as long as you like, but find me before dark. Don't make me come looking," She lectured firmly.

The pups let out a yips of delight before streaking away to terrorize the town, headed for the stairs leading to the walls as their first destination. Bill gave a reassuring wave to the soldiers and their wives manning it currently, letting them know he didn't have a problem with the children sight-seeing.

"I think the house next to ours will do Rekka. You can tell those lamia they can move in with the lizard ladies. They spend more time sunning on rocks than in there anyway," Bill told her, then looking over at Julius.

"Kendra, do you mind if I have a word with Julius here? Don't worry, just some harmless guy talk," he requested.

"Hmm, alright. Please show my husband where we'll be staying once you're done," Kendra replied, gently taking her youngest from him. "Take care, my love," she told him softly.

Julius nodded to her, not meeting her eyes. Kendra turned to Rekka and they walked towards the housing district.

Bill looked Julius over for a bit, who seemed unsure what this could be about. Nodding towards a larger building, they moved off.

"Let's go have a drink, Jules, you look like you could use one," Bill said. Julius nodded enthusiastically, ignoring his new nickname.

They entered the dim cozy cavern, already filled with drunk mamono and their husbands.

"Bill!" they cried, welcoming him with raised tankards. He didn't know how that started up, he had the feeling television signals were crossing dimensions and subliminally affecting the people here. Larry denied he'd put them up to it.

He waved at the room, nodding at Larry and Tabitha who were seated at their usual tables with the oni. The red woman seemed to live here, he wasn't sure if she even slept. Every time he saw her she was awake and drinking away. Bill was relieved to see the blue ones only had plates of finger food and glasses of water in front of them.

"What's your poison, Jules? Ale, mead, bourbon? Seems to be a hell of a lot of that stocked," Bill asked.

"Ale would be most fine," Julius replied.

"Right. Barkeep! Flagon of ale for my new friend, I'll take the usual," Bill called. The man quickly filled the order.

Handing the ale to Julius Bill grabbed his mead and looked around, wanting a little privacy. He drank the mead because the honeyed liquid was pretty tasty, not because of the alcoholic content. Seemed his magical bullshit constitution made getting drunk, or even a little buzzed, impossible. The red oni had been deeply impressed, but Bill was just disappointed. It was far from fun being the only sober one at a party.

Spotting an occupied table in the corner he rolled his eyes. As he stalked forwards the ladies noticed him, grinning shamelessly.

"Shouldn't you four be hauling stone for the wall? It's your shift, everyone needs to do their part here," Bill scolded the diminutive women.

The adult goblins were easily mistaken for children at first glance with their small builds, but they would grow no larger. Even smaller than Melody the women were also incredibly strong. They managed the sleds full of stone with the ease of far larger mamono. He was constantly having to chase them back to work, they were better slackers than him and far more interested in mischief.

"That's so boring! We'll do it later, we were thirsty!" one of them said, raising her mug to him which was comically huge in her small hand.

"Clear off, get back to work or I'll have Rekka chuck you from the walls," Bill ordered.

The goblins moaned, chugging their drinks and hopping off their chairs to either return to work or find a new place to continue their goldbricking. Bill reminded himself to have Rekka pound some responsibility into their heads later. He motioned Julius to take a seat as he did.

"Take a load off Jules, we need to talk," Bill said.

"Thanks.. What's this all about?" Julius asked warily.

"Your attitude needs some adjustment, Jules. Particularly your feelings on Kendra," Bill stated.

"What the hell do you mean?" Julius scowled. "It doesn't matter how I feel about it, she chose me. She'll tear me apart if I don't do as she says."

"Fuck that noise, you're an idiot, Jules. You've got kids, you've been together for years. How the hell have you missed out on the obvious for so long?" Bill admonished, pointing an accusing finger at him. "I know you people fear hellhounds, but this is ridiculous."

Julius's face had grown darker with every word. The larger man would already be throwing punches if Bill wasn't obviously a popular authority figure here. He knew he could pound the man flat, his hard earned strength had only grown since he'd been taken. His own lovely daughters may be able to overpower him, but another man he could break with ease.

"What do you know about it? Kendra hasn't torn into you because you're shielded by your wife. And she is obviously different, though I've no idea how," Julius sighed, forcing himself to bite his tongue and say no more. Obviously a well learned trait for the man.

"Nope, I can tell you they're both dangerous as hell. You should see Rekka when she's in a mood. Every person that's tried to throw their weight around here learned a quick violent lesson. There's just something you're not seeing in Kendra. I swear your skull must be thicker than your biceps," Bill replied, draining his mead and waving for a refill for the table.

"What? She's the strongest, fiercest woman I've ever met. I'll admit she.. she doesn't hurt me, not since she defeated me up at the front. That was galling, I was the company swordmaster. Really thought I could take her.. but I'm certain she'd tear my arm off if I put it around her like you did with your Rekka," Julius admitted, staring into his ale.

"Fucking hell, Jules. She'd be absolutely ecstatic if you did just that, she'd rip her own arm off before hurting you," Bill exclaimed, exasperated. "She loves you like she loves your kids, just like you obviously do. If you initiated affection I think she'd break down with tears of joy, the woman is damn near in physical pain from the way you close yourself off. She's just too proud to beg you for affection. Hell, if I can't convince you maybe I can knock some sense into her after this."

"Good luck with that, I'll attend your funeral. I want to believe you, really I do.. I don't hate her, you know. Damn me if I don't. It was hard at first, but the girls.. I love them, they're innocent. Of all of this. Kendra.. I think I.. I don't know what to think. It's just.. she's a hellhound," Julius replied as if that settled the argument. He clearly couldn't draw the connection between how wonderful his children were and how much he feared his wife.

"Look, Jules. We have a unicorn here, she can damn near cure death with her magic. I'll make you an offer, we'll have another round then we'll go find Kendra. If she does rip your arm off when you hug her I'll have Helena patch you up and you can go back to being a sorry sack of shit, how about it?" Bill asked, frustrated.