All About Traditions

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nevertheless, I couldn't focus on my job at all, but I had a good crew, so once in a blue moon I could let them do all the work by themselves. One of the pros of being a boss.

Annabelle texted that she wanted me to come about 7 PM, so I was going crazy in my apartment for nearly two hours after work. I took a shower, then kind of stupidly did an intense workout, so I had to take a shower again, but it all was supposed to help me kill time and relax. I achieved only the first part.

When the time was close, I selected my clothes. Again, I decided to wear a plain shirt, this time bright gray and my best pair of jeans. I wanted to look elegant, but after all I wouldn't suddenly pretend to be a fancy-pants and wear a suit or tuxedo, right?

And I already had a small bouquet of roses - yeah, old-fashioned - and a bottle of red wine, to avoid arriving empty-handed.

About twenty seconds before 7 PM I left my apartment and five seconds later I was at her place. I realized that I had never had a shorter route for a date than now.

Breathe in, breathe out, and I pressed the doorbell. Twenty seconds later, Annabelle opened the door. It must have been 7 PM on the dot!

"Hi! Come on in!" she said. When I was inside, she tilted her head with a simper and added. "What admirable punctuality."

"Being on time is my second life passion, right after drilling in concrete at six AM," I joked and Annabelle laughed heartily. I bowed slightly and gave her flowers. Her eyes widened from - I hoped - pleasant surprise.

"Oh, thank you, they're beautiful!" She exclaimed and sniffed the roses.

"Yet they're still pale in comparison to you," I blurted out without a single cognitive thought. Poetic, my ass. And in an attempt to make it less cringeworthy, I added. "You look so stunning, I'm out of words!" Less cringeworthy? Forget about it.

But Annabelle seemed not to take it as something cheesy and inappropriate, as she flushed heavily and dropped her eyes bashfully, a soft smile on her lips. She giggled and said. "Oh, Tony... You know how to lighten a woman's mood."

Annabelle indeed looked stunning! She wore a mid-thigh clingy black dress, and it showed cleavage that was making me gasp every time my eyes encountered it... which was all the time! The pearl necklace was providing a little helpful distraction from her bosom.

Her voluptuous lips were painted red, the same as her finger and toenails. The roses I brought were the same color. She had a unique ability to dress classy and sexy, deftly highlighting her feminine curves, and at the same time not falling into being vulgar or obscene.

"Oh, and I also brought this," I said, presenting her the wine. "I hope it'll be proper because I don't know what you'll be serving today."

"Hah, I bought red wine too, so I guess we're gonna get drunk!" She laughed and I felt my blood rushing southward. God, I'm totally lost, if even her laugh was making me hard. "But please, go into the living room and wait, okay? Almost everything is ready," she said and headed to the kitchen, only to stop after one step. "Oh, only one thing, how would you like your steak to be done?"

"Steak? Wow! I mean, I'd like medium rare," I replied, probably with a surprised expression. She made a steak for me! Did I mention already that I was totally in love with Annabelle?

"As you wish." Annabelle jokingly bowed slightly and went into the kitchen, and I walked into the living room, as she asked.

In the living room I found a pristine table, looking almost festive, with white tablecloth, plates, cutlery and wine glasses and even candles. That view was so romantic that it made me emotional - I'm Italian after all, for God's sake - but mostly because it was proof that Annabelle was treating this dinner very seriously, which in my eyes indicated that she was treating me (or maybe I could even say 'us') seriously as well.

I sat down on the chair and a moment later Annabelle walked in, holding a steaming plate. She put it in front of me, stopped by my side and explained. "The steaks need to rest a bit, so here is a little appetizer."

"Oh, dumplings?" I asked, kind of dumbly again, as clearly on the plate were six small dumplings.

"Yes, but these are calledkoldūnai in Lithuanian. My grandma taught me how to make them," as she was explaining, she put her hand on my shoulder. "I made three types of filling, so you could taste different flavors. These lighter ones are filled with sauerkraut with bits of pork rinds, the most dark ones with mushrooms and the last ones are with chopped veal. Enjoy and I'll plate the main dish." She smiled adorably and stroked me almost unnoticeably, before she left.

I immediately began to eat, curious if thesekoldūnai were similar to other dumplings I had tasted in my life. Obviously, they were nothing like ravioli, as the dough was completely different, but I'd be damned if they didn't taste delicious! I devoured them in a minute, stuffing my face with the last one the moment Annabelle came back.

"Did you like them?" She asked and put a bowl with salad on the table, the wine bottle and a corkscrew.

"Naaah, I didn't like them... I absolutely loved them! These with the veal were the best, but the others were behind only by a hair," I said and passed her an empty plate. Our hands brushed each other accidentally. I began to look for more of such 'accidents'. And I had a feeling that Annabelle wasn't trying to avoid them either.

"Glad to hear that. Can you open the wine, while I bring the rest? It's kind of a task for a strong man." Annabelle said and before she turned around, I could notice a wide grin on her lips.

I uncorked the wine easily as if I had been doing this my whole life - I guess that Italians are just born with that skill - and poured it into glasses.

Annabelle came back again, this time carrying two plates. She put one in front of me and I literally gasped from excitement. There were delicious looking roasted potatoes and beautiful rib-eye steak. Annabelle sat down too, and I gasped again, this time seeing how her heavy breasts swayed and wobbled. I couldn't decide which feast was more captivating, this one for a stomach or that for an eye.

However, the steak looked incredible, I couldn't wait to try it, but first we both plated a salad. It was classic, with vinaigrette dressing. I cut the steak and noticed that it was crusty on the surface with soft moist inside. Perfect colors of medium rare. I put a piece in my mouth, with unintended celebration. But the steak deserved it.

"Oh, my God... It's so perfect, the texture and flavor. I've never eaten such a good steak," I said, and Annabelle was grinning, but I had a feeling that she thought that it was just me being nice. But it was true, so I tried to convince her in another way. "You know, Luca, my brother, is a really great cook. He also can do amazing steaks, but... while they are perfect technically, this particular one," I pointed at steak. "is beating them by a mile. I don't know, you may think that silly, but your steaks have a soul, while his are just good."

"Thank you. That's really kind of you, and I'm so happy that you like it," she answered and her eyes glimmered. She dropped her sight to the plate and quietly added "I wanted to prepare something special for you."

"And I appreciate that a lot, Annabelle. You really like to cook, don't you?"

"Yes! I love doing that, whether it's trying new recipes or preparing classic, home dishes. But to be honest, as much as I love cooking itself, I prefer to cook for... other people, you know? I mean, for family or... well, not only for me. I just enjoy cooking for others." Annabelle stopped for a moment, as if she felt that she said too much. She could not have known that I was so thrilled to hear that. I had no idea that perfection can be gradable. And yet she was becoming more and more perfect for me. How was it even possible?

"So we can set a deal, I'll be doing any handyman work you need and you'll be feeding me with such delicacies!" I joked to her, but in reality it was my dream. Not such a deal by itself, but to just be with her.

Annabelle agreed to that with laughter, but also pointed out that it would be rather unfair for me. Next, we were just eating and talking about everything and nothing, having a great time and - as I would like to believe - there was a real chemistry growing between us. Also the wine was helpful, giving us both a bit more pep and courage.

Our conversation drifted toward family topics, I asked her more about her background, she asked about my siblings and their kids. When I finished talking, she went silent for a moment, as if she got lost in thought. Then she took a sip of wine, looked directly in my eyes and completely blew me away by saying "So all your siblings are married with kids. And a guy like you is still single. How is this even possible? It's hard to believe," Annabelle said with a smirk, her gaze fixed with mine. She was playing with the glass, making the wine whirling inside.

"A guy like me? What do you mean?" I had some prediction about what she could have meant, but wanted to hear that anyway. I just ate a wonderful dinner, yet my ego was still hungry. Let's blame the wine, okay?

"Ah, such a keeper, you know." She giggled bashfully, with reddish cheeks. "Not only handsome, but smart, funny, caring, capable and crafty... There should be a whole line of women in front of you..." She smirked again.

"It applies to you as well, Annabelle! You're beautiful, smart, well-educated and you cook so darn incredibly. So, why are you alone?" I tried a sly riposte, but Annabelle was ready.

"Hey, I asked you first!" She laughed. "Tell me and then I'll tell you too. Maybe." This last word she said with a really seductive tone. Or was it only the effect of the alcohol? But on me or her?

"Okay, you've got me there!" I waved my finger at her. "Well, where to start? I already told you that I'm from a different era in many aspects of life, but in the case of dating, I feel almost like a living fossil. Not only old-fashioned, but apparently entirely outdated, as it would seem. Between my twenties and thirties, the women I'd been dating, I mean my peers, more or less, undeniably were looking for something from the completely opposite pole from me. Partying, swinging, hook-ups, open relationships, multiple breaking up and getting back together or other crazy stuff, at least for me. And even if some of them were willing to get involved in something more serious, as soon as the first difficulty showed up, I don't know, even the tiniest friction or different views, there was an absolute lack of will to work on overcoming that problem. They just started to look for the way out," I said and Annabelle exclaimed and pointed at me.

"Yes! Yes! That's exactly what people do nowadays. They look for the easiest routes and when something doesn't go like they thought it would, instead of putting any effort in the relationship, they just quit. Even if they decided to marry! Ah, so good to finally meet someone who also sees that!" Annabelle shook her head.

"Is that the reason that you're single? It happened to you too?"

"Well, that too. But the main problem always had been that I was treating men seriously, you know what I mean? I had never gone out with someone out of boredom, to 'see what could have happened', I had always tried to not give anyone false hope or mixed signals, but when I finally decided to date someone, it meant that I was truly interested in the guy. And a few times I ended up getting involved and invested in a relationship with someone who didn't treat that as seriously as I was treating him."

Annabelle finished, and I nodded slowly, agreeing with everything she said. I had to fight with the urge to tell her that with me it would be different, but it would have sounded weird. We weren't dating, at least not yet, technically.

She looked at me and smiled quite cheerfully. "How about we do something more fun than complaining about the modern people? Would you like to watch some episodes of The Office with me?" She asked and stood up, for a moment flashing me with her cleavage which encouraged 'something' to stand up too... while I was still sitting. I thank myself for deciding to wear stiff jeans, not some loose pants.

"Oh, of course, that's a great idea!" I answered enthusiastically and joined her in cleaning the table. It took us only a few minutes, as we put all the dirty dishes into the dishwasher, which was recently installed and hey, someone did a really good job.

We wobbly - yeah, the alcohol had worked on us both - came back to the living room and Annabelle placed her laptop on the small coffee table. I sat down on the couch.

"Do you mind if I choose the episode?" Annabelle asked with a smile and blushed cheeks.

"Absolutely not! Whatever you like."

"Do you know the show that well?"

"Hah, yeah, I watched the series countless times. Actually, I have an annual ritual, during which I just watch the whole nine seasons, one after another."

"Did it happen this year already?" Annabelle turned to me with a surprised smile.

"No, not yet," I answered, chuckling.

"Good to know," Annabelle said and turned to her computer. She bent over slightly and... I almost swallowed my own tongue when I saw that solid, round booty in front of me. Annabelle's buttocks were big, but perfect for me. The view filled my mind with smutty visions. I know that from the outside it may sound like a confession of a pervert, but I couldn't stop these thoughts. I was a healthy man and she was a dream for me.

Fortunately, for the sake of my sanity, Annabelle launched the episode and sat down next to me. Actually, she sat so close to me that our thighs accidentally brushed against each other.

"Oh, sorry, it's the wine, you know." She smiled adorably and shrugged, but didn't move away. Okaaaay, that's a good sign, I thought.

I was curious what episode Annabelle chose, but despite the fact that I recognized the cold opening, it didn't tell me much.

Our legs and shoulders were touching each other, and it was a bit awkward, it wasn't like it should be. I got an idea and decided to go for it.

"You told me that you are a die-hard fan of The Office, so you won't mind then if I'll check your knowledge?" I turned to her with a sly smirk.

"Ha! Bring it on!" She smiled confidently.

"Okay, okay, don't be so sure! Who said this and when?"

I lifted my arms and put them behind my head, then said, trying to imitate Rainn Wilson's voice and expression. "Oh, what a day, whaaat a day."

Annabelle was watching me closely and squinting, evidently thinking intensively, until her eyes widened suddenly and she shouted. "Oh, I know, I know! It was Dwight, in the scene when he wanted others to see his new holster and then he accidentally shot in the carpet with his gun!"

"Damn, you're good!" I said with genuine impression and then lowered my arms back. My left hand went to the couch and my right one snuck behind Annabelle's neck and ended on her right shoulder. Ha! That was a sneaky move!

Annabelle flinched at first from the sheer surprise, but then laughed in a sweet way. "Hey, that was really smooth!"

"That's what she said," I replied with another classic quote from the show and Annabelle laughed again. I stroked her shoulder and pressed her a bit tighter against my side.

Oh, it was such a good feeling to hold her that way, it was just like it was meant to be. I was nearly sure that she felt the same way.

We went back to watch the show and after a couple of minutes I realized what episode Annabelle chose. It was the one in which Jim had the job interview for a corporate position, but instead of taking the job, he came back to Scranton and asked Pam for their first date. I liked that episode very much. It showed priorities and values in life on a level which no one should expect from a comedy TV series. That's how good The Office was.

I wanted to say something about it, but decided to wait until the exact scene. Out of the corner of my eye I caught that Annabelle was glancing at me from time to time. When Jim finally surprised Pam with his question, I turned to Annabelle and whispered.

"That was smooth too, wasn't it?"

"What exactly?" She asked, a bit confused. Our faces were merely a few inches away, but getting closer.

"That you chose exactly that episode..." I said with a lowered voice.

"I just love it, it's one of my favorites," she whispered back, tilting her head slightly to the side, in the same alluring way she has been doing since I first met her. Her gaze was now fixed with mine, pupils enlarged. Her lips a bit ajar, her body tight in anticipation.

"I love it too. It's really wholesome... and romantic."

Hypnotized by the red of her lips, I leaned forward more and we met halfway. My lips encountered the warm softness. At first our lips just skimmed each other, then shyly began to nibble, our tongues touching slightly. With my arm, still holding her shoulders, I could feel how her body was relaxing, almost melting. I felt as if we were merging on a physical level.

I raised my hand and touched her beautiful face, stroked her cheek and slid behind her ear. For a moment thinking that it was almost blasphemy that my calloused palm touched Annabelle's soft, delicate skin. She mimicked my moves and also touched my face, wandering with her hand along my jaw, my neck, ending on my chest.

We started to kiss much more intensely and hungrily. When my tongue slid inside her mouth, she let out a quiet, muffled moan. In the instant, I felt as if I was hit by a wave of heat. Was it her emanating it? Or was it me? Nevertheless, it was as if we were in the center of a blazing cyclone, everything was so hot, her skin, her hand on my chest, the touch of her lips. It shouldn't be surprising that I got steel-hard in a second.

I craved that our kiss would develop into something more intimate, but at the same time I didn't. We had time. I wanted to explore those plump, voluptuous lips more and more.

Annabelle's couch could have been a bench in the park, or a backseat in the car or a romantic spot under the old tree, as we were kissing like a pair of inexperienced teenagers, eager and curious, as if we just discovered how wonderful it was to kiss someone.

Finally, when we stopped to gasp for air and just look at each other, I asked her one thing.

"Annabelle, will you be my 'Pam'?"

"Yes," she answered without hesitation.

And we returned to kissing.

***

That became our almost daily routine for the following days - watching The Office together in the evening, at Annabelle's or my place. I guess I could say that Annabelle just joined my annual marathon with The Office that I mentioned previously, but I wanted to treat it specially.

After all, it was a unique experience for me. For the first time I met someone that geeked out for that show as much as me. It was a thing connecting us strongly. I believed that having common interests, hobbies or activities was something that could truly bring people together, allowing to create a bond between them. And it would be beneficial for the stability and closeness of the relationship in later years, when the initial intense emotions and desires between partners tone down.

Of course, with me and Annabelle it wasn't the case as the second part of our daily ritual was... kissing! Before, during and after watching the show or in the mornings, when there were days during which we were both going out to work at the same hour. Oh, we were kissing as if there was nothing else to do in the world. I would say that I felt as if I was sixteen years old again, but back then I had never kissed anyone with such passion and intensity.

Even though every so often those kissing sessions just begged to turn into something more intimate, we didn't push it further. We never discussed it, it came rather naturally. I mean, obviously, personally I was craving for getting intimate with Annabelle, and she was able to make me aroused with almost anything, even glance or simply gesture, but I had a hunch that she wasn't ready to do that yet. But I felt... No, I was certain that she wanted that too and that she desired me, so it was easier for me to delay that experience and wait for her.