All Comments on 'AMA - The Boyfriend Ch. 121-130'

by BreakTheBar

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
BreakTheBarBreakTheBarabout 1 year agoAuthor

Well Hello there!

This is my regular reminder that AMA: The Boyfriend and all of my Erotica is powered by my PATREON (patreon.com/breakthebar). You can find new chapters there FIRST, can participate in votes that influence the story, and now AMA: The Boyfriend is even getting Character Art developed and will be posted over there.

Hope you all keep enjoying the stories!

~Break.

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyabout 1 year ago

I'm really liking this story, I like the moral questions it raises along with the expansion of the lead characters understanding of relationships. I also like the sex scenes and the almost sex scenes that seem to play out during flirting, it's exciting and enjoyable. The only issue I have is your decision of when to have a chapter break. For example in this 'release' of the story you have chapter 129 start just as the scene had began, then move on to chapter 130 halfway through the scene and even finish this part/chapter/episode/release still during the scene. Is there a specific reason that you round off the chapters where you do? Do you limit your chapters to a wordcount? Is there a specific Patreon reason? Like you release chapters for the story on a certain day and just release whatever you've written?

To me it makes no sense to split/break up a scene just to make that part into a 'chapter'. In my mind whenever you release an episode of your story, that whole release is the 'chapter', but of course you've split it into multiple parts and I don't understand why. There are other authors I've read that do something similar and I'm sure they also have their reasoning, can you explain why you do this? You've released 14 parts to this story but it's on 'chapter' 130 and it feels strange to me.

Just as an experiment I pulled a few books from my shelves and flicked through them, one was from Harlan Coben and he had 56 chapters in the entire book, with scene breaks within chapters. Another I looked at was James Patterson and had 124, with most 'chapters' no longer than a couple of pages, just covering the one scene/interaction. The last I looked at was from David Gemmell and only had 15 chapters, and a short prologue to round it out. I did this to prove there are no hard and fast rules and not even professionals agree on how to break up chapters, so I hope you don't think this is a negative criticism, I just want to understand.

bhojobhojoabout 1 year ago

5 stars. A very sweet take on mind control apps.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Absolutely love this series!

Also, any plans to incorporate any more significant or unusual perks from the app?

BreakTheBarBreakTheBarabout 1 year agoAuthor

@WretchedMonkey - I write AMA: The Boyfriend for CHYOA first, and then compile the chapters here for Literotica. CHYOA is a 'Choose Your Own Adventure' erotica site that works better with shorter chapters and I do daily releases there. I try to write the chapters with 1000 word minimums and try not to go over 1500 words, so bigger scenes do get broken up. It is purely a function of what site I write the story for first.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What do you have against Legally Blonde? It's a great movie - though I do think I prefer the musical these days.

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyabout 1 year ago

@BreakTheBar - Ah! That makes sense then. I thought it was some formatting thing that wasn't really visible here. I suppose the CYOA aspect might account for the occasional mistake when you direct the speech toward the reader with "you" instead of the first person "I"?

Lolilol47Lolilol4710 months ago

Wow, let's gooo

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This is the point where the series is starting to lose me—it’s exquisitely well written, but it’s becoming too hard to ignore that the main character is just … such a piece of soggy toast. Everyone else in the series comes across as being fully realized, but Robbie is… just too obviously a sketch of a fifteen-year-old girl’s fantasy, rather than a person. The “gay best friend” as Chaste Fantasy Boyfriend. Like… he never seems to actually WANT anything, his only real interest in women is that he wants… to kiss, complement, and provide validation for their boundaries? There’s literally nothing he actually wants to do TO a woman rather than FOR a woman? They’re all more than happy to express their urges to do things TO him, but he’s …just basically an empty lump that just wants to be of service. Like, they make a whole point about how her husband doesn’t dominate her the way she wants, and Robbie doesn’t do that at all, he does literally nothing to her except asking her how she feels over and over, and they pretend he’s doing stuff to her? The only time he does anything to her at all is when she literally orders him to, and then he does just what she ordered and literally nothing more. I mean, he doesn’t have even a single kink? Seriously?

AardieAardie4 months ago

Tiger owing all three of her holes seems to break her spousal agreement

YungMastaYungMastaabout 1 month ago

This was great installment but I feel like the sex scene with Wanda at the end didn't really fit with what she was asking for. It's far to slow/gentle. She stated multiple times that she wanted him to use her like a sex toy but what we got is her worshiping him.I feel like he should have been way more dominant and or rough with her given what she's asked for.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBreakTheBar@BreakTheBar
LATEST UPDATE: Oct 2023 Bonus News: I am nominated in FOUR categories for the 2022 Literotica awards. Please go check out the votes in the Forums! -- Vote for Cattie from AMA: The Boyfriend for Sexiest Female Character - https://forum.literotica.com/threads/the-2022-literoti...