Amethyst Purple Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What happened?!" Ted cried as he rounded the corner just inside their bathroom and found Marti excitedly dancing in front of the sink and mirror holding what looked like a small white magic wand in her left hand.

"We're pregnant again!" Marti squealed with delight, showing Ted the home pregnancy test with its blue line visible in the oval shaped window.

Ted wrapped his arms around her waist when she jumped up and grabbed him around the neck and spun around in place for several seconds before setting her back on her feet.

"See? All it took was a bit of patience! I told you if it happened once it would happen again!" Ted said proudly.

"What would've made this week perfect now would've been if the bank had approved my request for promotion." Marti's demeanor briefly dampened.

"Give them your notice, I'll be making enough to keep us living well enough until you find what you want to do." Ted offered.

"No, they agreed to let me transfer to Rome, they have a few branches there." Then, changing the subject slightly she continued speaking. "Rome must be a pretty good sized town, we have four branches there." Then changing gears again, just as quickly as before. "Besides, it'll be easier to get another job if I'm still working. New employers won't be happy if I'm reckless enough to quit a good job without already having another option on the table."

"That's true." Ted confirmed.

"Aren't you through packing for today? Don't you think it's about time for us to get ready for bed?" Marti asked with a playful grin while unbuttoning her blouse and backing slowly toward the shower.

"Don't worry, I can take a hint." Ted began undressing with her, looking forward to the energetic evening ahead.

Saturday, September 23, 2000

Rome, GA

"What time are we supposed to meet with the Realtor on Monday?" Marti asked as she and Ted were unpacking boxes of clothes in their temporary furnished apartment provided by the parent firm.

"We're supposed to be at her office at nine, she says she has about a dozen prospects for us to look at so we'll need all day." Ted answered, pushing his sock drawer closed.

"What do you say we go ride around town, see what all Rome has to offer?" Ted asked.

"Babe, we got up at six this morning, spent two hours loading the last of our things that didn't go to storage last week and spent four hours driving, spent another four hours unpacking here; I am not interested in 'driving around town' tonight. I would let you talk me into going out to eat as long as we come straight back home after and go to bed. You can show me around tomorrow, we're going to need to buy some things for here anyway, unless we plan to eat all our meals at restaurants until we find a house."

"That actually sounds like a better plan, to me, too."

Thursday, December 7, 2000

Rome, GA

"Hey, Doll, how was your day?" Ted asked, draping his folded sport coat across the back of the dining room chair and loosening his tie.

Marti leaned up and kissed him "It was wonderful, actually. I've got some news to tell you."

"OK, then I'll let my news hold until after I hear yours."

Marti clasped her hands in front of her chest "I got the job!"

"That's great! The one in Smyrna? Nexxus?"

"Yes. They agreed to let me work primarily from home as long as I show up in the office at least a couple times a week and when we have meetings or training. And they're aware of and are working around maternity leave as well and the pay is more than half again what I'm getting from the bank now. The only downside is I'll still have to travel, maybe even a bit more often than I do at the bank but my record on the road is what got them interested in me to begin with. So, what do you think? I can still turn them down and keep looking."

"Doll, I can't say I'm thrilled about an increase in your traveling but I think you'd be insane not to accept the offer if you like the company."

Marti's smile broadened "I love you, Babe."

"I love you, too, Doll." Ted grinned back before kissing her. "So, when do you start? And have you turned in your notice to the bank yet?"

"I'll go type it up now and turn it in tomorrow."

"Good." Ted responded

"Now, what was your news?" Marti asked.

"Oh, the construction crew will be here the second week in January to begin putting in the swimming pool so the back yard will be a muddy mess for a few weeks. But it will be ready to use this spring and summer."

"So it should be finished before the twins are born though, right?" Marti queried.

"I'd hope so. Surely it won't take that long to put in a swimming pool." Ted returned. "That's still hard to believe, we go so many years unsuccessfully trying to have a baby and then 'Poof!' we're having twins! Amazing."

"I know, right?" Marti slowly shook her head.

Marti accepted the employment offer from Nexxus Investment Group based in Smyrna, GA and resigned from the bank she'd worked for since she was in college and made the hour drive each way five days a week the first three weeks training for her new position and being sorted out by Human Resources. After the first three weeks Marti fell into her new routine working from home, only driving to the metro area of Atlanta once or maybe twice a week. She was pleasantly surprised that her network of contacts from her previous job was still a source of new business for her. The ability to bring in a list of new clients for her new firm only bolstered her standing with the new position. She wasn't sent out of town before her pregnancy went to term but she knew that once she was officially back from Maternity Leave she expected to be sent out of town at least every three or four months, doubling the amount of time she was on the road for the bank. She knew that would prove taxing on their marriage but she was certain they were strong enough to weather any storm they faced.

Thursday, May 24, 2001

Rome, GA

"They're the most beautiful jewels I've ever seen in my life, other than their mother." Ted beamed.

"I saw what you did there, liar." Marti groaned in exhausted jest. "They're much more beautiful than I could ever hope to be. But thank you for lying."

Six year old Matthew now had two baby sisters to fight for, Rachel and Riley Kilgore.

After the twins' birth, Marti reverted to the same state she had after Matthew's birth. She couldn't stand for Ted to touch her intimately and nearly four months later when Ted had to fly across the country they still had not shared any sexual contact. Again, they began to drift apart and their patience with each other began to wane as well. By the time Ted made his trip west he was wondering just how strong his marriage truly was.