Among Us - Zenith

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Whew..." Adam channeled to Esta. "There is at least 100, 000 people in and around here, not accounting for the people jammed into the various buildings that have a viewpoint to the area." He looked around the horizon and could make out people in windows and rooftops. "I hope this works Esta. I'm going to move around. Based on your knowledge, where do you think they'd observe from?"

"A straight eyeline to the platform. In the middle of the crowd."

"Shit. That's going to make things difficult." He looked around. "Okay, I'll leave you to it. I don't want to distract you."

"I am more than capable of managing two simultaneous conversations I assure you."

He wasn't sure if he offended her with the comment, but he smiled at her curt reply and slowly made his way through the crowd. The mood was a melting pot of emotions, and he could feel them all. Fear, apprehension, anger, rage, elation... how would his planet survive if something like this caused so much turmoil? The tight crowd was setting off so many vibrations, he was having a hard time discerning what he was feeling and from who. In his short trek he had already sensed so many ailments, both physically and psychologically. He worked harder at focusing himself so he wouldn't get distracted, when an audible gasp erupted from the entire crowd.

He had been so busy walking through the crowd, he didn't realize that the Prime Minister and delegates were on the platform when Esta materialized in the chair, off to the right of them, in her Merigrander form. The silence was deafening in its own way. It was remarkable how loud silence could be.

"You... you must be... uhm... welcome." The usually proficient speaking Prime Minister Reynolds struggled with the initial contact.

"It is with great pleasure that I meet with you today Prime Minister Reynolds. In fact, it is glorious in meeting so many humans this day."

Adam was impressed at Esta's eloquence. Her tone was perfect with no signs of condescension, superiority or fakeness. Someone from the crowd yelled "Where's Spock" and nervous laughter filtered its way through the enormous crowd. The Prime minister seemed to regroup and began introductions of his delegation while Adam refocused his efforts and worked the crowd. He lightly paid attention to the broadcast that was happening and with everyone's attention on what was being said, he found it easier to focus. He could hear Esta's responses clear as day.

"We speak many languages."

"We are galactic explorers, looking for intelligent and sentient beings to which we have common ground."

"We have observed your planet Terra for almost a century of your time."

"No, we are not the only ones in outer space, as you call it. We are one of perhaps a thousands of different species."

As the discussions continued, both the panel and people in the crowd were beginning to lose their initial fears as he could hear people huff at the information they were hearing. The military representatives began questioning the intent of Esta's race. He had never been involved with negotiations of any type, but even Adam could tell this was quickly going off the rails. To her credit, Esta remained calm and unphased as the mood around the meeting started to heat up.

"Why are you taking our people?!" Someone yelled from the crowd and a host of cheers followed the comment. You could tell Reynolds was apprehensive in taking the discussion in that direction, but one of the military brass jumped on the comment.

"I'm sure you can understand how it looks to us. Shortly after you make contact with our planet, we started seeing people disappear. It may be coincidence, but if it's quacks like a duck..." He left the phrase open, and Esta remained silent. Perhaps they thought they were on to something. Esta's silence seemed to fuel their courage and the questions became more accusational than inquiring. The crowd began yelling questions about war and take overs, while the military men of the panel, were asking about advanced armory, while suggesting they had the right and ability to thwart any attack.

Adam stopped in his tracks and looked at the platform. There's no way Esta had expected this kind of response. Fear and anger took over the masses and tensions were building even more. "Esta? Are you ok? Maybe you should call this off. My people are just not ready."

"It is how I expected Adam. Do not worry yourself. Have you found the Barkkwa yet?"

"No not yet. There's just so much emotional energy, it's hard for me to separate it all."

"I want you to limit your senses to sight only. I have an idea."

"An idea? What kind of idea?" Before he could receive an answer, he heard the entire crowd gasp and go silent. He looked to the platform to see that Esta had stood from her chair and faced the crowd.

"You are a very inquisitive species and most resourceful. You are correct... there is a correlation to your missing people and the announcement of our existence. It is the main reason we have chosen to come forth and speak today. You have every right to be curious, angry and fearful. It is the nature of your kind." Esta's form walked to the edge of the platform and looked into the faces of the crowd. "Your planet is unique and has gathered interest from many travelers from the universe. Some, like this form, are curious information gatherers who only wish to learn." She paused as the crowd was once again quiet.

"What do you mean this form?" The Prime Minister spoke up.

"This is a representation of a species we felt you could identify and be familiar with, but there are hundreds of different species that travel the galaxies. Many are much like the Merigrander, curious but peaceful. But there are others who would look to your planet as nothing more but resources for the taking."

Adam could feel the anxiety swell amongst the crowd, but he pushed it down and did what she asked of him... he looked. He did a gentle pan in the crowd when he caught the face of a man. His look had no emotion, in fact, he looked amused. Adam scanned around him and sure enough there were quite a few who donned the same look, and they were all men... very large men.

"Esta. I think I spotted them."

"Then watch them closely because they will react to what I do next." Esta responded.

"In fact, we have identified a race of scavengers... warriors who live to destroy and consume. They have been on your plant for almost 10 of your years now, but it was not until they started kidnapping your females did they make their motives known. They have no interest in a friendly relationship with your kind. They see your world as their future home. They see you as disposable slaves and plan to breed a new warrior race using your own, as vessels."

People were getting agitated now and once again Adam fought hard to minimize the effects of the raging emotions. The men he watched, were still without any emotion. In fact, he could see some of them smiling.

"They are called Barkkwa and when not disguised in the bodies of your own males... they look like this." Esta transformed into the gigantic reptile-like alien and many in the crowd screamed.

Adam was now behind the group and as the rest of the crowd gasped and screamed, the group of men all growled in unison and pounded their chest. "Bingo!" Adam slipped the blowgun to his lips and launched a dart into the man closest to him. As the man fell back into his arms, he heard a gunshot ring out somewhere in the crowd. Almost everyone dropped to the ground except the 20 plus Barkkwa who loved the feeling of chaos. The distraction was helpful as none of them saw Adam dragging their brother through the crowd. Most stepped aside thinking the man was injured and Adam was heroically taking him to safety.

"Place that man in custody!" Screamed one of the military men. A group of soldiers pounced on the gunman, who shot at Esta from in front of the platform, and dragged him away.

The Prime Minister stepped across the stage towards the Barkkwa form. "How did he not hit you? Are... are you impervious to our weapons?" He reached to touch Esta's reptilian arm, but his hand passed through it.

"IT'S NOT EVEN REAL!" Someone from the crowd yelled.

"Has this whole thing been a hoax? You're not even real?" Prime Minister Reynold's voice carried through the sound system. And the whole crowd was staring up at Esta.

"We are here in peace, and we wish to explore common interests with your kind, but more importantly we wish to help eradicate the Barkkwa from your planet. They have destroyed too many already."

"But you're not real!" The military man stood beside the Prime Minister.

"I assure you my Terran friends... we are very real." No sooner did Esta mutter the last of her words when the once clear, bright blue sky, was slowly blocked out as an object above the park, began to appear. At times it looked white, but then it looked yellow... or grey. It seemed to modulate in various color schemes, all different than the one before. When it was totally de-cloaked it had the shape of a flat egg. It was oval in its design but flat from end to end. The entire city of Toronto was cast in its shadow. To say this ship was massive would be like calling a T-Rex a big rat.

"Do not fear us Prime Minister." Esta had returned to her Merigrander form. "I apologize for the deception, but our kind do not exist in an organic form like most species. We can project in images and share consciousness, but we are limited in the physical realm. This is why we look for species, much like yours. We have extensive knowledge and capabilities, whereas your kind have the ability to mobilize and manufacture. The gifts we could share could lead both of our worlds to harmonious prosperity."

"How do we know you just won't take over our minds?" The general accused Esta.

*It is not our way, but I understand and respect your caution*

"Did you just speak in my mind? I heard you talking to me... in my head!"

"This is how we share consciousness and with it, knowledge." Esta disappeared until there was a small gaseous cloud in front of the panel. "We only ask that you let us prove our intentions to you. We have already come to the understanding that while we have so much we could teach you... your species has much to teach us."

The gaseous cloud disappeared from the stage and moments later the large craft slowly ascended into the sky, once again cloaking itself until it disappeared.

Adam moved as quickly as he could while dragging the 200 lb man carefully. Mini fights began to break out around him as the emotional tensions hit their peak. Thankfully his perceived humanitarian efforts gave him a wide berth and he was finally able to get the man outside the masses and quickly moved him into the lobby of a building. The security guards made their way towards him, curious as to the situation unfolding.

"Call 911." Adam turned to the lead guard. "He's not responding. I... I think he's having a stroke or a heart attack!"

The guard made haste back to his desk and placed the call, giving Adam the moment, he needed. He bent over the disabled Barkkwa and placed his hand over the man's forehead. "Esta?" He searched for her presence.

"ST. Thomas Psychiatric compound. It has been closed and vacant since 2013. Southwest about 200 kilomoters. That is where you will find the Grand Director and your parents."

Adam felt a jolt of jubilation with an actual destination now for him to find his family. He bent over and gripped the back of the man's neck, bringing his mouth to the ear of the man, so no one could hear him whisper. "Thank you and goodnight." The paralysis wouldn't even allow the Alien to make a sound as his spinal cord was being crushed by a vice-like grip. When Adam was sure he was dead, he stood up and turned to the security guard. "Never mind... it's too late."

With no time to spare, Adam began walking back to the doors he came in, when the guard spoke. "Wait! The police will be here shortly. You'll have to speak to them and explain what happened."

Adam turned to face the well-intentioned guard. He was just about to try and talk his way out the door when he heard a loud bang and glass shattering. "SHIT!" A large group of men had smashed their way into the building carrying a wide variety of weapons, and they were heading straight for Adam.

"What have you done to our brother?!" The leader yelled.

Adam looked back at the shocked faces of the security guards. "Get the fuck out of here... NOW!"

Chapter II

Sarah sat in silence as she watched the events unfold on TV. She's known about Esta for a while now, but watching the alien speak and transform gave her shivers. She knew what Adam was telling her was the truth, but to see it and experience it was a whole other level. Jade jumped from the couch when the ship revealed itself, causing the other two to scream at her sudden movement.

"Jesus Jade! You almost gave me a heart attack!" Veronica wasn't truly mad at the oriental woman. The tension of watching the encounter was the real culprit. Jade sat back down and looked distraught for her actions, but Veronica quickly recovered and wrapped her friend up in a hug. "I'm sorry kitty. I'm just a nervous wreck." She kissed the woman's temple and stroked her short dark hair.

"This is all so crazy." Sarah chimed in. "I really wish Adam was here." She regretted her words the second they left her lips.

"Where did he say he was going? I was distracted when he left." Veronica inquired, causing both her and Jade to look in her direction.

"Uhm... well he didn't really say. Something about dealing with something or someone." Sarah could feel her cheeks flush.

"Why are you getting so red honey?" Jade asked innocently.

"What? Oh, I don't know. Maybe getting a little overheated?" She so wanted to knock herself right now.

Jade came over and sat beside her, placing her hand on her forehead. "You're not running a temperature."

"Sarah? Do you know what's going on? Last night Adam asked me to trust him... and I do, but he never elaborated. Do you know what he was planning to do? Does this have anything to do with the Aliens?" Veronica became very insistent. Sarah curled herself into the couch in an effort to withdraw from the conversation. "Sarah... do you?"

Jade watched the poor girl shut down and instantly felt sorry for her and slipped beside her and embraced her with a grand hug. "Vern, stop it. If Adam has shared something with her, clearly she's been sworn to keep it a secret. You can't force her to give up information." Jade rubbed the girl's shoulder. "It's ok sweetie. We've all been asked to keep secrets..." Jade looked up at Veronica. "Right Vern?"

Realizing that her body language and tone had become more aggressive, the taller blonde took a deep breath to collect herself. "Sarah... honey. Jade's right. I'm so sorry. If Adam trusted you to keep a secret, then we should respect that. He wouldn't ask something like that lightly." She proceeded to sit on the girl's other side. "Adam is the closest thing we have to a son and losing Isabel and Jason was tough on all of us... but now Katie's gone too and I'm..." Tears began trickling down her cheeks. "I'm afraid honey. I'm sorry I came down on you." She hugged the girl from the other side.

Sarah sat squashed between the two, would be aunts of her lover, and was overwhelmed. She was experiencing so many feelings at once, it felt like her heart was in a blender. As hard as she tried to keep it in, she began to sob heavily into the arms of the two women. Vernoica looked to Jade and mouthed, "I'm such an idiot" to her friend getting a casual shrug in return. Neither knew what to say at this point so they just sat tight and hugged her through it.

Internally, Sarah argued with herself. When Adam asked her to keep his secrets, would he have wanted it to go this far? He clearly loved these women and now that Katie went missing too... She collected herself and managed to end the sobbing. Crying wasn't going to do anyone any good. She settled her nerves and made the decision to come clean with them. She rationalized that if Adam was successful, he'd be sure to fill them all in anyway, and if he failed... well, life was going to change drastically, and they'd never know what he tried to do.

"Jade... Veronica? I have some things to share with you, and you're going to have hard time believing me, but I think Adam would want me to tell you the truth... just in case." Sarah wiggled herself free and began the long story.

**

"How's the situation look?" Isabel asked her husband as they zig zagged their way through the field, stopping only after Katie twisted her ankle working her way down the last embankment.

"Still coming towards us. Looks like at least 100 of them and they're definitely making ground on us. How's your ankle Katie? You think you can keep going?" Jason whispered to the girls.

"I'll be fine. Ow shit!" Her attempt to put weight on it proved unsuccessful. Disheartened, she sat back down. "You guys go. I'll tell them you ditched me last night."

Isabel crossed her arms across her chest and shook her head at her pixie best friend. "Not a fucking chance Katie-bear. We either go together or stay together. I lost you once."

"She's right Katie. There's no splitting us up now." Jason reiterated. "C'mon... we'll help you."

Jason and Isabel helped the tiny woman to her feet, and each took a side. Katie wrapped her arms around their shoulders while they held her arm and used their other arm to wrap around her back. Like a bad version of three-legged race, the trio began their shuffle.

"Jason?" Katie asked.

"Yeah?"

"Are you enjoying yourself, groping my ass?"

"Absolutely!" He answered without hesitation, causing his wife to snicker.

Isabel lowered her hand as well and grabbed the other solid, round cheek. "It is a world class butt Katie-bear!"

They all shared in a giggle but were snapped back to reality as they could hear the approaching men yelling in pursuit. They were now right on their heels.

Chapter III

Adam looked at the floor where the two security guards lay motionless. Smoke was still coming off their bodies and the smell of burnt flesh was everywhere. If only they had listened to his heed to get out... instead their heroics got them killed.

"I'm not going ask you again Terran. What did you do to our brother.?" Most of the group had a pistol like weapon pointed in his direction. They made quick work of the two guards and were clearly energy based.

Before Adam could muster a response, the dead Barkkwa's body started to dissolve, leaving no doubt to his brothers that he was dead. He watched it dissolve and slowly removed his sunglasses. His hand was now right beside his Graytorth. "Well, I asked him for directions, and he seemed to go silent." Adam glared at the would be leader of the group.

"Opius!" The man yelled and they all fired at the tethered warrior.

Adam was able to block a few of the blasts with the energy blade of his Graytorth and managed to sidestep and pivot away from the others, falling in behind a cement column. Using the reflection from the glass walls that were still intact, he gauged the layout of his attackers. Fortunately, they weren't spread out just yet and he made a dash to his left, drawing considerable fire, but his quickness made him a hard target to hit. He ran around a corner and stopped, hoping the aliens would blindly pursue him. It turned out his wish was granted. The moment the first one came around the corner, he swung the Graytorth through a series of bodies slicing them all into two separate pieces. Energy guns swung his way, leaving burn marks on the walls as he ran to the closest one, leaping up the wall, pushing himself back into a back flip. He landed amid the group, moving with such speed that he was but a blur, sticking his last 6 darts into the bodies closest to him and jumped on top of the security guard's desk. A quick assessment of his surroundings made him smile. There were only four left and none of them had an energy weapon that he could see.