Among Us - Zenith

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"C'mon dude! Get up!"

"Please, please get up! You have to!"

While others placed their faces into their hands and sobbed at the hopelessness unfolding in front of them.

Adam absently chewed on the dirt underneath him. His fight was gone... his body couldn't heal fast enough. The revelation hit him... this was the end. Images of Sarah's face and smile played out in his mind. Then there was his mom, Isabel and his father... Katie... his family. How could he let them down. His tears, hidden from his assailants, gathered on the ground.

"Adam! Get up!" He could hear Esta's voice weakly reaching out to him. "Adam! Get up!"

Adam opened his eyes slowly, only to see he was standing in the temporal plain. "Esta?"

"What do you fight for Adam?" He could hear her voice, but she wasn't appearing in any form.

"Pardon?"

"It is a simple question, Adam. What do you fight for?"

"For Opius?"

"You are not sure?"

"Well... you gave me the abilities and so I assume I fight for you."

"It is true. We gave you abilities. We gave you tools. But none of that came with expectations Adam." Esta gave him a moment. "So, I ask again. What do you fight for?"

A weight lifted from his shoulders as warmth travelled through his body. It's always been about his family. Finding his mom and dad. Protecting his other mom Katie and his aunties... it was about Sarah. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. Have babies with her... He looked up and in front of him were flawless avatars of each one and they were smiling at him with so much love.

"I want to protect the ones I love. Give them a safe world to live in..." He was now back in his body, with Barkkwa all around.

"Then do it. Be THEIR warrior."

Adam found renewed strength from his inspiration. He waited for his spot and it wasn't a long wait. The Barkkwa soldier was moments from kicking him again, when he jerked up and grabbed the lizard-like foot and twisted it so hard you could hear the internal structures breaking.

"ARRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH!" The alien screamed startling his brothers.

Spotting his Graytorth handle, he scampered on all fours, grabbing just as he felt a grasp on his ankle. His energy blade ignited instantaneously as he swiped at his attacker, quickly removing its arm.

Like an old-style Ukrainian dancer, he spun on his knees, wielding his sword of death, cutting through scaley flesh at every turn. He snapped to his feet blocking a club meant for his head and deflected to his left, giving him enough room to swing his Graytorth like a tennis backhand, slicing through the thorax of the alien. He recoiled, evaluating his situation. There were only 4 Barkkwa left standing, and they advanced on him in unison.

Three steps and he was in the air, finishing a roundhouse kick while driving his sword through the face of another. He impaled the first with his sword to finish the job. Now there were two. He fenced with their spears, mindful of the poison they contained. For such large creatures, they were amazingly fast... but not fast enough. When one lunged at his hips, he deflected it down into the ground and broke it in half with his sword, flowing with an upper swing that went through the wielder's throat. He yanked it free and blindly did a reverse thrust under his right arm, piercing the last one through the chest.

Celebrations filled with tears and smiles cascaded across the planet as they all watched this unknown hero come back from certain death to defeat the invading aliens.

"Ted, I think what we just witnessed... was nothing short of a miracle." The reporter broke the on-air silence.

"Stella, is there a chance you may be able to speak with this unknown gladiator?" The anchor asked.

"My pilot says there is nowhere safe to land around here and I... OH. It looks like he's moving... yes he's heading inside the old Psychiatric hospital. I guess we'll be hanging out here to monitor the situation and hopefully catch up to him when he departs."

"Stella, we'll be checking back with you periodically as the events unfold. Thank you for your work on this incredible story. We have to take a quick break but stay tuned as this historical alien event continues." The screen cut from the seasoned anchor to a McDonalds commercial.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" Jade jumped off the couch, startling Sarah and Veronica. "Who gives a shit about fucking McFries right now!"

"Jade... honey, settle down. We're all a mess and freaking out isn't helping Sarah." The redhead had her face buried into Veronica's shoulder; eyes swollen from nonstop crying.

Jade turned around and knelt on the floor in front of them. "Vern's right. I'm sorry sweetie." She rubbed her exposed leg gently. "I'm sure he has a reason to go into that building. He's going to be ok Sarah."

"He has to be..." Veronica whispered and kissed the girl's head.

"Esta? Esta... can you tell us what's going on?" Isabel spoke frantically. "Why would he go into the building?"

"I think he's going after their leader." Jason placed his hand on her shoulder.

"But why? He pretty much wiped them all out." She argued with her husband.

"There are still many hidden Barkkwa across your planet. The base of the operation was here, but they have been infiltrating your planet for years." Esta explained.

"So, what happens? Does Adam get them to leave? What's his plan?" Katie was glued to Isabel's side.

"Barkkwa do not retreat. If Adam destroys the Grand Director, every Barkkwa, known or hidden, will also die."

"The head of the snake." Jason surmised.

"Your analogy, is accurate."

CHAPTER IV

Adam stood in the entrance for several minutes. Letting his senses absorb the energy filling the old, decrepit building. Even after all these years, he could still feel the violence and psychological turmoil that resided in its' halls. Pushing those aside he could feel a presence... a very large presence. Somewhere in the building the Grand Director was waiting for him... he could feel it.

He began making his way cautiously, stopping every once and awhile to let his senses work for him. The presence dominated his mind, but he was also picking up feelings... was that despair?

"Shit! There're still people in here." He muttered to himself, once again moving slowly down the hall. He noticed the occasional device attached to the corners of the walls, concluding there was some sort of surveillance. The images were going somewhere and finding that location would make his job easier.

The old building was full of hallways and random rooms, making his progress painfully slow. He began on the lowest level and worked his way up. After his third flight of stairs, Adam began to feel his senses vibrate. He wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing, so he proceeded with an abundance of caution. He mentally chastised himself for all the times he got cocky and underestimated the Barkkwa... it wasn't going to happen again.

Down the hall he could see an occasional light flicker under the door of one of the rooms. He moved to the outside of the room and silently pressed his hand to the door. Not feeling anything alarming, he pulled the latch down and eased the door inwards. From the hall he could see a monitor flashing images in a sequence. Fully opening the door, he could see there were 15 monitors displaying multiple hallways and rooms on a 15 second delay. He quickly scanned the images as they circulated looking for any indication of the people or the Grand Director.

He looked down and saw a small dashboard with a toggle stick and sat in the chair. There were large red buttons with hand script written above them, but it was in a language he couldn't understand. "Esta? Can you read these?"

"From left to right, they read... hallway, holding cell 1, holding cell 2, research lab, discipline, breeding room. infirmary."

Adam swallowed what little saliva he had. "Did you say, breeding room?"

"Yes Adam, I did."

He pushed the button below the breeding room script and his center monitor flashed to a room with a chair, a bench and a makeshift bed. The toggle moved the camera angle and after a minute he concluded the room was empty. He made his way through the buttons, searching each room in hopes of finding the humans.

The research room looked like a combination lab, medical suite, with stirrups and a wide variety of instruments... none that Adam could identify. The camera slowly panned the room when his eye caught movement on one of the tables. He moved closer to the screen, trying to get a better look. "That has to be a person." He whispered to no one.

A quick glance in the corner of the monitor gave him its location... 4th floor, room 4. Adam left so quickly; he didn't notice the Barkkwa researcher re-entering the room.

Yurrish walked up to the bed and shook his head at the sedated young Terran, strapped to the table. "I am sorry youngling, but as you Terran's say... three strikes and you are out." Yurrish unhooked the variety of cables, restraints and easily lifted the groggy girl onto a nearby gurney. Making no effort to cover her body, the researcher pushed her through a set of swing doors.

"It truly is not your fault youngling. You are the perfect vessel in all manner of speaking, however; your inability to become impregnated makes you disposable." He could see her eyes recognize the term with fear. "Worry not. You will not feel a thing." Yurrish pulled an isotope from his pocket. "However, you will see it." The young woman's eyes blinked at his statement. The Barkkwa believed everyone should face their own death. He pushed the injection into her shoulder, causing her body to go limp, her eyes staring into the distance. He tapped her on the shoulder. "I'll be back soon, and then I'll bring you and the others to the incinerator." Yurrish made his way back to the main room. He had preparations to make.

Adam entered the room from the hall, just as Yurrish passed through the swing doors. Before Yurrish could even growl, Adam had his Graytorth at the alien's throat. "Where is the girl?" He demanded.

"How are you still alive?" Yurrish moaned.

"It's a long story. How about you tell me where the girl is, and I'll be on my way."

Yurrish flicked his head towards the swing doors. Taking the cue, Adam pushed the man through the doors, following close behind. Once through he found himself in a long skinny room. It was noticeably colder here, and the lighting was minimal at best. His eyes adjusted and noticed the girl on the gurney. Before he could say something, he noticed several gurneys along the walls. Five gurneys... all had someone on them.

"What is this place? Adam once again slipped the Graytorth under the alien's chin.

"It is a holding room for failed participants."

"Failed participants? You're going to have to give me more than that."

"After three rotations in the breeding room... if they do not become impregnated, we hold them here until we dispose of them."

"Dispose of them? HOW?"

"It is a glorious death in fire. Suitable for a warrior." Yurrish made it sound like it was an honor.

It took Adam less than a second to make his decision and slid his energy sword through the throat of the Barkkwa researcher, dropping him to the floor in a puddle of blood.

One by one Adam placed his hand on the chest of the females, getting the same report from Esta on all of them.

"So, this neuro toxin, makes them comatose, but aware?"

"It is a similar impact when they take control of the male bodies. Their will is not their own."

Adam shivered as he thought about these women being burnt. Wait... how many had already been through this? How many women was he not able to save?

"You cannot hold yourself accountable Adam. All you can do is make the Grand Director accountable for these atrocities." Esta immediately put a stop to his train of thought. "You must get these females out Adam."

Her statement snapped him back to the present. "You're right! But how? It'll take me forever and I can't lose the Grand Director now."

"Go to the east side of the room and cut out a large portion of the wall." Esta instructed him.

Without question, Adam produced his energy blade and proceeded to the east wall and began cutting out a huge slab. When he finished his cut along the floor seam, he gave the wall a hearty push and it dropped to the ground causing dust and debris to puff into the air.

"We see some movement here at the east wall Ted. It looks like someone cut a hole and...." The reporter's comments were cut off as a small egg-shaped aircraft slipped in between them and the building.

"This is Estalaquintoo of Opius. I must change your location, my apologies."

The calm voice was eloquent but vague. Relocate? Before Stella could inquire, she saw they were encompassed by a green light and the whole helicopter was guided effortlessly about 1500 feet to the right.

"Stella? Can you tell us what's happening?" The anchor requested.

"We were... relocated by a small egg-shaped aircraft. It looks like something is happening..."

As instructed, Adam had rolled all 5 gurneys to the opening. "All set here Esta."

The sleek oval craft positioned itself in front of the massive hole. Moments later a green beam projected into the hole, enveloping the 5 gurneys and pulled them into the air, suspended at equal height.

"I will take them to my ship and return." The craft began a steady but quick ascent into the clouds, keeping the 5 women locked in the protective beam.

"Where are we going Esta?" Katie blurted as she saw the building getting smaller.

"I have not the room on board, so I am transferring them to my ship. We will return as soon as they are safe."

"Those poor women?" Isabel mourned knowing she had likely been intimate with all of them as part of the breeding process.

"They'll be fine sweetheart. Just be glad Adam found them." He hugged her shoulder as she nodded in agreement.

"Holy crap! They just lifted those beds into the air and took off! How can they do that?" Jade was looking to Veronica for some answers but her and Sarah's eyes were glued to the video footage. The camera from the helicopter had zoomed to the hole in the wall. There standing at the edge was a man. It had to be Adam, but the phase kept playing with their minds.

"Oh Adam..." Sarah sighed sadly.

**

"Esta? What can you tell me about this Grand Director. Where would he hole up?"

"It is unlikely he would try to ambush you. Barkkwa are proud warriors, the Grand Director being the greatest. He would want to face you head on."

This gave Adam some relief, the need to be slow and stealthy wasn't as important. He wanted to end this sooner than later. He walked down the hall, pausing as he considered his next direction.

*SQUAWK*

"You have proven resourceful Terran. Opius has chosen well. It is a shame you must die. Your conclusion is waiting for you on the ground level." The deep gravelly voice that came over the intercom oozed confidence and determination.

"Well, that makes things easier." Adam made haste to the stairs.

"Use extreme caution Adam. The Grand Director is the Apex of his kind. His invitation may come with deception."

"Like a booby trap?"

"Booby? I am not familiar with the term, but he will likely look for ways to gain an advantage."

Adam smiled at Esta's confusion of the word booby. "Are the women ok Esta?"

"Two of them are critical due to dehydration, but we will be able to save them all. As soon as they are stabilized, I will return to aid in any way I can."

"Just keep my parents safe Esta."

"Of course."

He reached the bottom floor and slowly turned the corner and walked down the hallway looking for his adversary. He threw open the doors as he passed, with no success. He could see an opening to the right that had no doors. He looked to the wall and read a very outdated sign... CAFETERIA. It made sense to him that this was where he'd find the Barkkwa leader. If he was as big as Esta said he'd be, he'd need the space to fight properly.

Fully entering the room, he could see the Grand Director standing at the far side of the cafeteria. Even from this distance he finally understood what Esta was trying to explain. The being had a prehistoric look and vibe about him. If he wasn't an alien, Adam would have thought he was part of evolution, but not from apes. He was an 8-foot raptor-like reptile, but with broad arms and legs. The intelligence in his eyes noticeable even from a distance. This image was sufficient to make Adam pause, but the 4ft long club he held in his left hand upped the ante.

"It seems Estalaquintoo picked a worthy vessel to fight for the Opius." Instinctively Adam engaged his Graytorth, the energy blade humming to life. "Ah...yes. The Graytorth. An excellent choice of weapon. A waste in the hands of some possessed Terran, unfortunately."

"He hasn't figured out who or what you are yet Adam. Use it to your advantage." Esta spoke in his head.

"Is this the part where you bore me with idle threats? Am I supposed to quake in fear of your dominance? Save the speeches gator brain. I'm tired of talking."

The Grand Director smiled as the Opius warrior began to move towards him. Extending his club, he fixed it in the direction of his oncoming for. "BRUDAZCHET!"

Adam stopped in his tracks, as a small sphere appeared from the tip of the club, shooting towards him but fell far short and rolled until it was inches from his feet. Not sure what it was or even what it was supposed to do, he looked down at his feet.

"Gravitational grenade! Move Adam!" Esta shouted in his head.

The warning came too late. An opening appeared, casting an incredibly bright light around Adam. He looked up just in time to see a series of metal chairs fly his way, putting up his sword, cutting through the projectiles. But that was the least of his problems. Soon everything with any type of mass flew in his direction. Chairs, tables, pans, pots, utensils... basically everything that wasn't fastened firm. The harm being done to him was minimal, but the intention wasn't to harm him... it was to distract him.

Seeing his opportunity, the massive reptile crossed the floor space faster than should've been possible for a being that large, swinging his massive club into Adam's right shoulder, instantly separating the joint from its capsule. The blow also separated his Graytorth from his useless hand as it skittered across the floor. With nary a moment to evaluate the damage, the Barkkwa leader spun his body to his right, whipping his massive tail. The contact to Adam's ribs rivaled that of a battering ram, sending him across the floor, away from his weapon. The heavy cadence towards him caused Adam to look up in time to shift away from the massive club, watching in create a 2-foot-deep crater where his head just was.

Struggling to get to his feet, he was knocked off balance as a table smashed into his back, sending him back to the floor. The distraction had put Adam heavily on the defensive as he tried to create space and time, hoping his healing properties would kick in.

**

"I am not getting off this ship Esta. I'm going where you're going!" Isabel declared and was quickly supported by her husband and Katie.

"Adam requested I keep you safe. I take that request seriously." Esta replied calmly.

"We aren't entering the battle, are we? What's the difference if we stay here or go with you?" Katie argued. "Please Esta... he's our son."